Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 6/17/2010 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- makeup goes on smoother/looks better
- little goes a long way
- prevents eye shadow from creasing

CONS

- will not fill in pores
- no oil control

COMMENTS: Now, this isn't marketed as a primer...so I can't really dock off points for it not being able to fill or blur pores/control oil. This will help foundation apply and look much better, though. If your concealer has a tendency to look cakey under the eye, this will resolve that issue. You don't need much product, either. A little goes a very long way. I also noticed that when applied on the eyelids, it keeps my eye shadow from creasing. Not a bad product at all.

Will repurchase.

on 6/17/2010 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really enjoyed how this stuff felt on my skin. It made my skin feel like satin! It really kept my makeup looking decent too. I tried this out on a day where I went to work and then to the beach afterwards. I had worn my makeup for about 16 hours. It looked okay still but I did notice some cystic bumps that weren't there before. I got about 3 of these and small zits on my chin. This had to be the culprit because I never break out with so many zits and cystic acne at once. So with that said, I can't use this. Not recommended for the acne prone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As soon as I read the reviews on here I could not wait to try this product as a primer. I currently use ELF Mineral infused Its okay I don't really know if it makes a diff. When I put this on it felt the same as most primers I have tried, However at night while washing my face it was coming off in little balls which was weird. I had to keep washing until nothing else peeled off. Since I am in the middle of a breakout - and trying everything ( I see the derm next week) I can' say it caused any harm that way, I have no idea what is doing this. Anyhoodles my son loves it after a particulary rashy bathing suit day, so I will use it.

on 6/14/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This stuff is amazing! Does the exact same job of any of the higher end primers or even drugstore primers for much less! You get SO much more product with this as well. Most primers don't give you more than 1.0 oz yet you get 1.5oz with this. Not to mention the fact that unlike some primers that have a pump (e.g. Smashbox) this comes in a tube so you can really squeeze out every last drop! Sometimes I even cut it open and get a couple more days of usage from this as well!

I use this EVERYDAY and have been using it for about 4 years now and it has never broken me out, never irritated my skin, never clogged my pores...nothing! And this is coming from someone who has very oily skin and used to be plagued by acne. There are very few things in my makeup case that I would tell someone I really cannot live without but this is definitely one of them. It keeps my makeup in place and keeps a barrier between my face and makeup so that my oils don't come through as much.

Anyone who wants to venture into face primers but doesn't want to shell out all the money for an expensive primer should head over to Wal-Mart and pick this up--it's only $6 at Wal-Mart!

on 6/14/2010 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have skin that is oily and have large pores. I'm so oily that my face shines like a christmas decoration! For year I've always wanted to wear foundation especially on special occasions, but every single brand is always defeated by my oil slick. But not anymore! I tried this product and oh my gosh, my make up is actually staying put! Those unused foundations that are lurking in my drawer can finally all come out. This gel keeps my make up where it should be, and wonderfully filled in my pores. Best of all, no more scandalous oil slicks!

Before buying those expensive name brand primers, please give this a try! This might be your HG primer waiting for you :)

on 6/14/2010 7:47:00 AM

This was my best beauty Frugal find ever!!! The climate in my area is very humid and swelting hot.I was invited to a pre New Years Eve party to ring in 2010.We were having a rather muggy christmas and I had ever intention or weaing a glamerous face ,transending from Pre party which started at 7pm thru to the New years Eve Party starting at 10pm.
A reviewer of Fresh primer stated that it was pricey so she uses MCRP.I quick seach revealed that lots of beauty product addicts gave this a 4 star.
I bought this product @ my RX for $5.

This product goes on smoothly,spreads easily.I was able to cover my entire face with 3 small dabs.I applied to my forehead upward,cheek to jawline.My face was immediately matte and smooth.
I partied from 7pm -4pm and i look fresh faced throughout kisses, hugs and dancing! This is truly a great buy.
N.B remember to apply to eye lids B4 applying eyeshadow...!

on 6/9/2010 10:09:00 PM

This is the steal of the century! I tried Monistat CRPG today as a face primer and gave it a real test. I used it under my powder foundation this morning, worked out for 1.5 hours in a warm fitness center, took another quick shower (didn't get my face wet, but it was humid), worked for several hours, ran errands in 108 degree weather, and came home around 4:45. Usually my oily face looks completely melted by the end of an Arizona summer day . . . but today, it looked pretty fresh. This stuff is a miracle. It even facilitated makeup removal, as the foundation wasn't filling my pores, kind of like easily stripping wallpaper from a properly primed wall.

I can't compare it to other face primers, as I haven't tried them. I tried it as an eye primer (I know, weird), and it did okay. But I'll stick to TFSI for my eyes.

I'm chuckling at the women who want desperately to put the product into another package so that no one will see the original "Monistat" package . . . who cares? How many people watch you put on your face in the morning??

on 6/7/2010 6:51:00 PM

HG primer..I've tried Smashbox, HD,Korres and lord know what else. I was pretty happy with Korres, except for the price. When I read the reviews for this product I have to admit I was skeptical, but thought what the heck..it's cheap and if it doesn't work on my face..I could always use it for it's real intended purpose !!
This stuff works beautifully on my oily t zone and helps prevent the caking of concealer around my eyes. Liquid foundation goes on like a dream. I've found it at CVS, Target and Wal-Mart..Wal-MArt being the cheapest at about $6 a tube. All you use is a pea sized dab, so it'll last a long time.

on 6/6/2010 10:47:00 PM

OMG! After reading about this here on MUA several months ago, I always seemed to forget about it but just yesterday at Target, I remembered and I bought it. I used it today, it was hot, sunny, and HUMID. I applied all over my face over my moisturizer, and wow! My makeup looked fresh ALL DAY...no shine, nothing! I am so amazed and pleased with this product! I have tried LG Spackle, Smashbox Photo Finish, BE primer, and none perform like this does. Smooth, soft skin that makeup floats over and just stays put all day long. Unbelievable. Love, love, love! Total repurchase when I run out!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

So after reading some many great reviews by all of you, I decided to go and get myself one of this and I have to say "HOW I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS EARLIER!!!" --- I was so impressed by how smooth and shine free my face was, not to mention how little foundation I had to put on, which means more $$ on my pocket since I use Studio Fix Fluid by MAC. I really loved it. This is a must buy!!

Popular Primer/ Correctors