October 1, 2014 | 1261 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my, what a discovery. I read a while back that this primer works great as a undermakeup primer for the face. First I was like ewwww....but you girls are sooo smart. I bought this chafing gel because I swim alot and my skin rubs. I needed face lotion after I was done working out, This is the only product in my gym bag, and so I put this on my face, and it practically sealed and mattified my skin. Holy crap, i have been dropping money on primers for 5 years. This reminds me of Skinn Orchid Gel mattifying primer. Im gonna do what the picture is posted above, Im going to squeeze this tube in a different container, its embarrasing to carry around monistat brand. As for people breaking out, this contains dimethicone, its in all primers that i have used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great packaging and dirt cheap, but this dried my skin out so much and gave me crazy flakies!! its good at mattifying, but this went too far.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by beausgrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Broke me out horribly! :( Loved the matte finish it gave me but a week later and I'm still fighting a bunch of whiteheads and painful blind pimples from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by jspnx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been comparing this to a sample of Laura Mercier primer, and this works better for smoothly covering the large pores in my nose. And it dries quickly. Doesn't do anything for helping eyeshadow stay, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by AnaarGula

Works better for what it's intended for. Around bikini line, between thighs, between toes (especially when wearing thong sandals).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by sara99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i didn't believe it when someone told me about using chafing gel as a primer...i thought it was weird...and then i tried it myself and i'm a convert!!! it works like a charm and is dirt cheap! it's one of the best kept beauty (and money saving) secrets in existence!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by mrsrayhall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this to use as a primer almost a a year or so ago after hearing, like everyone else, that it has the same ingredients as other primers. I loved the way it allowed my makeup to glide on and look so smooth but it also made my face feel weight down, which I didn't like. I tried it again this past sunday with my MUFE face and body and it made it look flawless and I used less product but it felt like I had on more product. Plus, my face has started to break out in little white bumps and that's the only thing different I have used in the last week. So while I liked it, I think it's time for me to invest in a real makeup primer and use my monistat for it original purpose, which it is great for.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by snowpony

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a cheap alternative to my primer (Sephora’s Anti-Shine Primer- $18 for 1 oz.). I saw the reviews on this product and decided to try it out. My daily regiment consists of using a moisturizer first (Aveeno), then a primer (Sephora), and then my foundation (Urban Decay). I switched my primer to this and tried it for 3 days straight. Within those 3 days, my face started to itch horribly after a couple of hours, gave me redness, and clogged my pores causing acne. It was a few days before my period was set to start, so I assumed it was the hormones adding to this. I tried it again several days after my period and well before my next period, and the same thing happened.

Based on the texture I can understand why it would make a great primer, but I don’t think it works for everyone. I don’t have “sensitive skin” and I normally have clear skin most of the time other than those period moments. I do think that the ingredients in this product can cause some people to break out and have an allergic reaction like I did.

I wish this product had worked for me considering it’s about $7 at Target for a 1.5 oz tube which would’ve lasted awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by FlipAzn

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best primer there is. So cheap and it does what the other primers have failed to do for me. The consistency is silky. It makes my Colorstay application so much easier. It keeps the oilies at bay. It makes my pores look smaller. I am now on my 2nd tube and I recommend this to everyone I know.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by mininana

Talk about cheapest and best primer EVER. Glides like a dream, helps makeup GLIDE easily, and it's just as good as any expensive primer i've tried.

Color & smell. It's colorless and odorless as well

You only need a dime sized amount for the whole face.

Do NOT forget to wait a couple minutes for the product to setlle down before u apply foundation.

Also, for those who find this irritating to your skin, I am sad to say other primers will do the same to you as the active ingredient in this and the expensive primers is DIMETHICONE, which is a silicone and can cause reactions on some people. DIMETHICONE is what will make your face smooth and makeup ready but MAY also clog your pores.

***EDIT*** I want to add. This breaks me out because of the silicon in it. Which is why I now use with CALADRYL. Apply CALAMINE lotion first (clear) and then apply primer. It works like a charm and NO BREAKOUT!!!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No