November 26, 2014 | 1339 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok at first I was like you guys are totally nuts. But then when I saw I was running low on my primer ($$$) I thought why not try it. O!M!G! LOVE!!! its been 3 hours now and my make up looks like i just put it on. No moving or sliding at all! And I touch my face A LOT! This is by far the best primer I have used and I have used Chanel, BE, Sephora, Ulta, Lancome', Estee, just to name a few. I can't believe how much I have spent on primers when this stuff was there all the time.

You guys rock! Great stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by cherokee_gurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

OMG, I love this stuff as a primer!!! I got turned onto this while browsing this site one day and was like WTH? Who in the world puts Monistat on their face???? Well, I decided to try it anyway and was sooo glad I did. It gives me such a canvas to help smooth out my foundation and best of all, it doesn't clog my pores!! It's dirt cheap and you can always find it in drugstores or supermarkets. Love this stuff!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by delightfullydorky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This had a noticeable chemical smell and felt greasy when I put it on. And it took forever to set. But did it mattify? Sure...for about 3 or 4 hours, then I was oily, oily, oily. Will use it only for it's intended uses in the future, if I even use what's left in the tube at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Lepi

This is the first primer I've used and the only one I think I'll ever need to. I have combo skin (shiny T zone) which usually gets really bad under my liquid foundation as far as shine goes. Then I saw the reviews for this, figured it was too cheap not to try, and voila, no more shine. It felt like silk once it dried on my face. The test, a night of partying, proved this works well. Don't see a need to try any of the other ones (And I'm glad I was spared the expensive search for a primer $$.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by AMANDAT89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Soo love this as a primer! i was at spehora and about to buy smashbox primer then i remembered that I could just buy Monistat for WAYYYY cheaper. I think this product is so good and I'm glad I found out about it. doesnt clog my pores and all I use is a little drop which goes a long way. I recommed it as a primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lavenderfleur

I used this a while back, and liked it, and then tried other things and this got pushed to the back and forgotten. Well, I pulled it out and used it today and it really does do a wonderful job as a primer. I usually have an oil slick for a nose an hour or so after I get to work, and I got a few hours in today without having to blot. Even then, it wasn't nearly as oily as it usually is. It really makes my mineral makeup apply and well and look nice all day. I'm definitely going to be using this on a regular basis from now on! Can sometimes be hard to find, but I order from drugstore.com.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my, what a discovery. I read a while back that this primer works great as a undermakeup primer for the face. First I was like ewwww....but you girls are sooo smart. I bought this chafing gel because I swim alot and my skin rubs. I needed face lotion after I was done working out, This is the only product in my gym bag, and so I put this on my face, and it practically sealed and mattified my skin. Holy crap, i have been dropping money on primers for 5 years. This reminds me of Skinn Orchid Gel mattifying primer. Im gonna do what the picture is posted above, Im going to squeeze this tube in a different container, its embarrasing to carry around monistat brand. As for people breaking out, this contains dimethicone, its in all primers that i have used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great packaging and dirt cheap, but this dried my skin out so much and gave me crazy flakies!! its good at mattifying, but this went too far.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by beausgrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Broke me out horribly! :( Loved the matte finish it gave me but a week later and I'm still fighting a bunch of whiteheads and painful blind pimples from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by jspnx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been comparing this to a sample of Laura Mercier primer, and this works better for smoothly covering the large pores in my nose. And it dries quickly. Doesn't do anything for helping eyeshadow stay, though.