Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this primer! I am on my second tube and I use it everytime I wear makeup without fail. Right now it's summer and the temp gets as high as 120 (I live in the desert haha) and this primer helps keep my makeup on for at least up to 10 hours:) I have oily sensitve acne prone skin and this does not break me out at all:) I only have to blot like once every 3 hours even with the sweat from the heat! All you makeup snobs out there who are thinking that a chafing gel can't be beter than your 30 dollar tube of smashbox primer, well you need to think again:D

HG!!! I could not believe something like this would work so well as a primer. It made my makeup go on so smooth and my skin looks flawless with less makeup!!! I would totally repurchase again and again!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

At first I wasn't sure whether I liked this or not, but I stay pretty fresh for at least five hours without blotting. Usually I can feel the oil building up on my face throughout the day and I dread looking in the mirror at the mess of makeup that has begun to drip down my face but stress no more! This stuff leaves me shine free! I love it and I especially love the price, I've tried the Smashbox products for primers and it is so not worth the price

OMG love this! First of all, let me give you a run-down of my skin: the worst oily sensitive skin and every primer I've used causes huge cystic acne. But with summer here in Los Angeles I am desperate for something that can help my Estee Lauder Double Wear stay on.

First challenge: I tried this with the EW DW, and AMAZING!!! Lasted 12+ hours in 80 heat and humidity, no problem.
Second Challenge: Night out with hubby and guy friends who don't weant to stop every hour so I can fix mu face lol. I had a particularly long Friday night, and this survived (with NO RETOUCH) the humid hot bar/resteraunt we went to, as well as a hilarious movie, then coffee-didn't get home til 2 a.m. I fell asleep with makeup on, woke up at 9 a.m. Saturday AND IT WAS STILL PERFECT!!!!

I'm in LOVE!!!!

After I had read reviews on this product, I decided to try it, and I wish I'd known about this sooner as it works as good as other primers, but is less expensive.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Appears to be silicone based so if your skin is sensitive to those products then you will get acne. Potentially the worst kind of acne which is cystic bumps deep under the skin that take forever to go away. I think it's not intended for use on the face and the point was to use it on arms/legs/feet. The skin on those tends to never break out. The best thing I see this as is an anti shine product because of the "powder gel" but not a primer for those with oily skin. Most people have more oily skin in the Summer, but if it doesn't work for your face you can always just use it for the intended purpose for anti chafing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This didn't work at all for me. It was easy to smooth on, but that was about it. I didn't notice any difference when I layered on my foundation. It didn't break me out, though.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After reading great reviews about this being an alternative to expensive primers I wanted to get it a try.
I've been using this product everyday for 2 weeks now. I have no break outs, and no irritation. I am very happy with the product as a primer. I love it better then Lorac (which makes me break out), Smashbox (doesn't last) and Sephora's (doesn't last) primer. This last longer, my make-up looks better. (I use Laura Mercier liquid foundation or Laura Mercier oil-free tinted lotion, and Benefit blush in Coral). Wish I had known about this before wasting my money on the other brands.
** highly recommend **

It does make my skin feel much smoother, but for some reason it makes my sunscreen "ball" up. It doesn't seem to make my foundation stay on any longer either.

I got this to use as a primer after seeing reviews. It does make your skin feel smooth and look a bit smoother but I did not see much help in making makeup last longer. It also broke me out so it sits on the shelf now. Maybe if I start exercising I can use it for its original use:)

Popular Primer/ Correctors