November 27, 2014 | 1502 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by MissDior5011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the paint pots I do actually like. I do only use this as a primer/base for eyeshadow. I would not wear this on its own as it is to light and looks very flat but as a base it gives the shadow something to stick/hold on to. I do find this one goes on easy and it doesnt crease like some of the other paint pots I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

terrific product. great primer with the added benefit of concealing and erasing discolouration.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by allison1331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as the base before I apply my eyeshadow everyday. I apply it with a concealer brush and I feel that it goes on very easily and smoothly. It keeps my e/s from creasing and makes the colors appear brighter and more true to the appearance in the packaging. I also like the wide mouth of the container that makes it very easy to get all of the product out. The only set back about this product is that it does tend to get very dry as you reach the last bit in the bottom of the pot.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ShariJ1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this...only reason that I don't give it a 5 is for it to really have some umph! I have to still use a primer underneath. But, this color is perfect for covering any discolorations and as a minimal base for my eyeshadows! I also use just a tiny amount under my eye (where liner goes) to help keep shadow liner in place and it works wonders!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first and only paint pot.
I threw it out today after dealing with it for about a year or so.
I had used MAC paints as shadow base, but wanted something creamier to get some shadows to adhere to them. Shade sticks were OK, but inconsistent in their quality.

What I like about Painterly: It is a perfect color. Just enough color to even out lid color. That's all I like about it.

What I dont like:
Most of this deals with packaging and delivery of the product.

It's dry. It was dry from the moment I began to use it. I stated storing it upside-down as some members suggested which actually helped, but it was still dry which lead to

It's hard to spread smoothly on the lid without tugging and leaving thick/thin spots.

It's a pain to apply. It's too thick to apply easily with a brush, so using my finger is easiest, but it's hard to get out w/o getting gobs stuck under my nails. Yuck.

Not hygienic enough. having to stick a finger or brush into a wet product meant for eyes does not make me feel confident it is clean enough.

I prefer shadesticks (the ones that are creamy) and paints. Paint pots are just a dry sticky mess that I feel is a breeding ground for germs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by stability17

I really like this product. I would repurchase in a heartbeat.

Because my lids are so oily, I apply Painterly as a nice base to even out the color and make everything stick, and then I apply TFSI or UDPP on top. This makes my shadows NEVER crease.
Without Painterly, they always would.
I don't have a problem with packaging, in fact I like it.
I've had it for a month or so, and it's my first Paint Pot, and I haven't made a dent it.

Go out and get it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after a MAC counter makeup session where the SA used this on me as an eyeshadow base/primer. I was previously using Elf mineral eye primer and Urban Decay primer, and neither worked as well as I'd hoped. Painterly comes in a glass jar with a black plastic screw-on lid. The product is a very thick cream, almost a clay color. I swipe my fingertip across it and rub it over my lid, it doesn't take much. It evens the skintone and provides a nice, neutral base for my shadow. It does definitely seem to hold my shadow better and keep it from creasing. For the price, you get a large amount of product. I like this and will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

I wish I could give this a 3.5 or 3.75. I've only tried this a few times (I've been addicted to UDPP since I started wearing makeup). This really is a nice alternative and something different. It holds up just as good in the long run wear of makeup but UDPP has a touch more longevity although my eyeshadow was still going strong at 12 hours but it did start to crease.

*Update: after I finish the pot, I will be going back to UDPP in Eden. Maybe it's the way I apply it, idk, but I feel like I have to use more of it than I do PP.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The MA suggested this for me. I could feel the drag as it was applied. Was it too old/dried out? I don't know, but it looked flat and ugly on. Then she applied the shadow next, And it still continued to look bad. I wouldn't have taken it home if it had been a gift. I'm glad I didn't waste money on Painterly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I have been using it every day ever since buying it a couple of weeks ago. I like how it covers any discoloration of my lids even when applying a very thin layer. Its good to use as a base even though I find that it dulls the colors slightly. It is definitely better that having no base but it still creases slightly by afternoon. I don't regret buying this but I am still on a hunt for a perfect base to prevent creasing. MAC paint in Intitled is next on my list to try. Hopefully that will be a winner.