MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 5/29/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have very oily eyelids. I usually use UD but wanted to give this a try due to all the good reviews. I have now used it for some time and it does not prevent my eyeshadow from gliding off. I am still getting oily eyelids after an hour or so :-( I also think when i use this as a base it make the eyeshadow that goes on top difficult to blend.

on 5/22/2011 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have oily eyelids, and using a base like TFSI or UDPP alone is not the best option for me. I always apply my Painterly Paint Pot over my TFSI or UDPP, whichever I happen to be using. This way, my eyeshadows last all day with no creasing or fading. I love the shade Painterly because it evens out the skin on my eyelids and makes a fantastic base for color. The other Paint Pots I own are shimmery, and I honestly think this matte one performs better. Even though I have to wear it over a base, I don't consider that a downfall because it's essentially just a long-wear cream eyeshadow. This little pot is such value for the money! Mine has lasted years, and it's still going strong (and I use it everyday!).

on 5/22/2011 9:21:00 PM

I really like this product. It evens out the color on my lids and helps eyeshadows last. I don't have oily eyelids so I don't have problems with this creasing.
I prefer this over UD, though I haven't tried UD in Eden.
I also like to use this under my eyes or to cover pimples.
Overall, I would buy it again.

on 5/22/2011 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for about 3 months now. I love love love it! I use as a primer for shadows and also as just a stand alone lid colour for when I'm working and need a minimal make up look (I'm a midwife). It has a light creamy consistency, dries Matt, rarely creases and evens out my pigmented lids. Makes any shadow colour truer. Would and do recommend to anyone

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

As a "collector" of paintpots I have to say this left me EXTREMELY disappointed. While I do have very oily lids I never have any other of my paintpots crease the way this does (except for the super glittery ones for last fall's Cham-pale collection). I really wanted to love it but.. this was way off the mark for me. I picked up Painterly after my Urban Decay Primer Potion started running low and have since ended up handing it off to a girlfriend of mine. Guess I will be going back to Sephora for another Primer Potion. This just doesn't really hold up well for oilier lids. Sorry.

on 5/22/2011 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This has been my hg product for 4 months and I absolutely love it! My upper lids have very visible blueish veins, so clear primers don't work for me. Actually, I mainly use Painterly to give my upper lids a more even color. And it does that! It's just a plus that it works as a primer.
The texture is very good, dries quickly but not too quickly. I sometimes even use it as a concealer for my undereye circles. If MAC discontinued it, I'd start a petition I swear.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am loving this paint pot. MAC really needs to work on making these in more shades. It can be used as a primer, or on it's own, I am NW 15/20 and this almost blends with my skin color. It just gives me a finished look. I also use it as a primer on the rare occasions when I actually use eyeshadow, and this helps the color stay in place. It applies creamy, and dries to a nice powdery finish.

on 5/10/2011 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe I hesitated so long to purchase this product! Spending $16.50 or so on this product didn't really seem to worth it to me at first, but now, I am SO glad I bought this product!
Pros: It evens out the skin tone on eyelid, MAKES SHADOWS LAST ALL DAY, packaging is cute :)
Cons: Price

This product is overall amazing and this was my first paint pot, and I definatley would like to get more! This product helps your shadows stay on longer, even if you have oily lids like me! I just use either my Elf primer or my UDPP and the paint pot on top of it and it lasts all day! Painterly is a must to your makeup collection!

on 5/5/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first paint pot and so far I think its fabulous. So smooth and creamy but has staying power and creates a perfect canvass. I can see why people say it depends on skin tone and color, but I'm nc30 and its perfect. Price point isn't bad considering u get so friggin much product and u only use a minimal amount. I love urban decay primer but I have very oily lids so I use udpp to prime and this as a blank canvass.

on 5/4/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

One of my favourite Youtube guru Michele1218 use Painterly in one of her eye makeup tutorials that I really love, and I hear a lot of other mentioning it as well, soo instantly I knew this was one product I really needed to get.
I HATE IT! The formulation is really thick and dry, I swear you could use this as a concealer if you wanted to. It creases, hard to blend/spread. I know Michele1218 uses this as a base coat or a primer for her eye makeup, but for me, that just didn't happened, my eyeshadow doesn't stay on as well, and doesn't look as vibrant as I would like, and I blame that on the dry formula.
Despite buying this in Duty Free at Singapore Changi Airport, it was still quiet expensive, just another disappointment from MAC.
I hate to write something negative on a product that everyone loves, but I was geniunely disappointed in it. even wearing it as an eyeshadow on it own it still looked horrible, it made me look like I've got swollen eyes.

Top Rated MAC Products