February 28, 2015 | 1961 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a Burt's Bees devotee, so this is just another in a long line of products I like. This is defintely different than the original lip balm, and the honey one. It is a lighter consistency - more oily than waxy, if that makes sense. It almost applies like a non-sticky gloss. It also isn't a "barrier" type lip balm like the Lifeguard version. This one smells nice - kind of a spicy fruit aroma, and although the balm itself has a nice red hue, I don't notice any color on my lips after application. Maybe a teeny, tiny hint of color. I keep one in my purse and one at my desk and apply several times throughout the day. This seems to keep my lips hydrated and protected, and I haven't had any problems with flaking or any of the other issues mentioned by other reviewers. When my lips feel dry, this does the trick to keep them soft and moisturized. That said, I don't think this would repair severely chapped lips (the original Burt's lip balm is my "go to" for severely chapped winter lips), but for prevention or mildly chapped lips, this is great. I will definitely repurchase and already have 2 backup tubes in stock!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love pomegranate but, this smells nothing like it. The scent can be extremely overpowering, and its just too much.

I love the original burt's bees and I love the idea of this since it gives you the slightest rosy tint on your lips This version is just as moisturizing as the original, and leaves a nice feeling on the lips without feeling waxy.

I just cannot get over the smell, I would rather just get the original any day, so I'm giving this only a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Lamaey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very similar to the popular Burt's Bee Beeswax that comes in a tin can.

This product design is great because it comes in a twistable tube and you can apply it directly onto your lips without washing/sanitizing your hands.

The waxy consistency product is very moisturizing, but not in a oily slick/glossy way. It is moderately light on the lips; and adds a hint of tint to your lips. A thumb up for this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by shacey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK- I really like this lip balm. It is a nice consistency - not to waxy, and not to oily. I think it does a good job moisturizing and adds a nice sheen and hint of color to my lips. Its the first lip balm that I have repurchased and seem to really stick with. I havent had any of the dryness issues some of the other reviewers have mentioned!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Definitely one of the best! Moisturizing, very slight healthy tint of color, and a pleasant mild scent - use this balm and your lips will be looking healthy & luscious in no time!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is OK. It smells good, and it gives a subtle tint to my lips, which is nice. I didn't notice any moisturizing though. I also thought the product was a bit messy if I pressed it too hard on my lips. I think the product is too soft, so whenever I would apply it on my lips, the balm would get a little mashed and then it would be a mess to put the cap back on.

I won't be buying this again. I prefer the Beeswax and the Honey balms a lot more.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by shelovesyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i love how this lip balm makes my lips look--slightly glossy with a tint of red--and it smells great! but I'm not sure if it really moisturizes that well...overall i guess i would buy it again, but I'm not gonna rely on it when i have chapped lips

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by t1ger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I LOVED this product. I liked the color and the smell. And then, I started noticing that my lips were suddenly drying out horribly. Too bad because I really wanted to like this product. I won't be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by zoeykim18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the first Burt's Bees product I've tried and am quite disappointed in it. It goes on nice and smooth at first. However, I do not find it moisturizing at all. The product just seems to sit on my lips without absorbing and just dries up, so I have to keep reapplying. Also, I am not sure but this product may have caused me to have a cold sore on the corner of my lip. Definately, will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerLover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It smells/tastes great - I love pomegranate, so naturally this is really great for me. It leaves my lips with a tiny bit of gloss, not as much as a lip gloss does, but enough so it's noticeable. I prefer it over a lip gloss actually, because this is not sticky at all like glosses are. It has a nice sheer pink tint, so it leaves my lips a nice, pleasant shade of reddish/pinkish color. It's a very moisturizing formula, my lips are left smooth for hours on end.

I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lip balm that acts more as a light lip color that is a bit glossy and very moisturizing. If you're looking for simply a basic every day lip balm, don't get this, get the original formula instead.