October 20, 2014 | 2089 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by alicelieber

I am in love with this loose powder!! Great coverage and light-weight (even makes me forget I'm wearing make-up...). It's not aggravating at all for my acne, INSTANT 5 STARS FROM ME!! I've been a liquid foundation wearer (for over 5 years) so switching to powder was a scary move for me because I'm scared it won't give enough coverage as liquid foundation and I usually have dry cheeks that flakes bit after washing (my face turns into an oil slick after an hour after washing, very annoying....). The brush that comes with the package is kinda useless, buy a kabuki brush instead. The packaging is alright for me.
I would definitely buy this again. The price is reasonable, AU$24.95, not bad at all. I think it's US$10 or less.

TIP: After applying the powder, spritz a bit of water (Evian, MAC Charged Water works as well). This creates a dewy effect similar to liquid foundations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this stuff. Overall I find mineral makeup too thick for me, but this stuff was way better than Bare Escentuals. For days when I need more coverage, I would definitely use this product. Not a HG, but for a mineral makeup, definitely a good buy. The price is right and overall, its just a wonderful, blendable product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 2:39:00 AM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

I *love* this stuff. I use it on it's own or over a sheer liquid foundation. Either way it looks great - really natural and it feels weightless. My skin loves it - no breakouts, and it controls oil reasonably well. I just prefer to use my own, softer brush than the one provided.
I thought this product was a little expensive for a drug store brand when I first bought it, but now I see that is is going to last me a while, so it is a good deal in the end.
EDIT: yes indeed this lasts a long time! I get a lot of compliments when I wear this - people tell me my skin looks fabulous - "skin" and not "makeup."

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Kimmyk05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So i ABSOLUTLY love this foundation
it covers really well i find .
and im not the type of person to wear alot of makeup cuz im still a teen and i love this stuff.
i bought it on sale for 13$( at pharmaprix)( canadian version of shoppers drug mart) and i absolutly love this i am never going back to liquid foundation or ANY foundation with talc, talc is HORRIBLE for your skin . this stuff actually improved my skin tone and i jusst LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation . WELL worth the purchase.and will keep repurchasing as long as i live.!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by scorpio1273

Product is just ok. It does its job. Nothing spectacular. Packaging is better than most loose powders have not had any powder nightmares yet and I've been using it for about 4months. Would not reapurchase just because it was just okay in every way. Only real advantage is that is it talc free which is kinda cool just because it is better for your skin and all that jazz. But I really couldnt tell the difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 2:49:00 AM More reviews by PhxSunsGirl

This is a good choice for someone who is sensitive to bismuth. I like to look natural, so I just brush this on my face (with Bare Escentuals Flawless Application Brush), and I get a natural, but even look. I don't like to use the ''kabuki'' brush unless I feel like I need more coverage. I use this in Buff Beige and it seems to match my skin pretty well. I am interested in trying the pressed version of this makeup. Great product for the price, but I will continue looking for something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by laynesaidwattt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice breathable coverage, very good colors, NOT IRRITATING to my very sensitive skin and just all around amazing powder. Definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 11:21:00 AM More reviews by debrrra

HG LIKE MADCRAZY. I have extremely tempramental sensitive/combination/acne prone skin-along with being ridicuously pale... it's extremely difficult to find a foundation that I like that provides the mattifying coverage I need while still feeling light and natural.
Like I said before, I'm extremely pale and most foundations are way too dark for me. I bought this in the transluscent light and it has that great 'I'm not wearing makeup' look, yet covers my somewhat large pores and red patches-all the while, it feels like Iike I'm not wearing makeup, which is ESSENTIAL for the summertime. The only problem I have is that it makes my skin itch if I don't use a primer (monistat, I love you) beforehand, and the brush really blows.
I've tried bare minerals and countless liquid foundations in the past and hated them all (BM because of the mica making my face look insanely shiny, and it was WAY too dark).
This foundation is a godsend if you have any of my skin qualms, or if you hate the feeling of heavy makeup while still requiring pretty moderate coverage. But now I'm just overly gushing-just please, take my advice and TRY THIS!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gee, I hate to be the party pooper here, but this did not work for me at all. I'm nearing the end of my beloved L'Oreal Bare Naturale so I thought I would give something different a try. I hope I can return it! It had no coverage and and within one hour my face looked like I had been in the kitchen over a pot of popping grease all day. It smelled nice, I guess, but that's the best I can say about it. Too bad, I really wanted it to work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by peachiedumpling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I LOVE this makeup :) I wear it in soft ivory. I've got oily skin that's super sensitive and I've always had trouble with breaking out. So when I heard about this talc free stuff I had to try it. For me, it covers like a sheer foundation, which I NEVER thought I would've been able to pull off. But it balances out my skin tone, provides the coverage I need, and it just looks so natural. I hate it whenever someone can tell I'm wearing makeup, but with this you can't. It just looks like you have good skin. My nose did get shiny after a few hours, it does with every makeup, but all I had to do was just brush a little powder across and poof, all better :) In fact, since switching to this loose powder makeup my skin has started to really improve. Gotta love that!
Also, the brush it comes with isn't that great, so I recommend getting a better one.
And another thing, someone said their's was orange? Maybe your shade was too dark? I had that happen before with other makeup because I got a shade that was a couple steps above what I am. Pay attention when ya buy stuff, it really helps :)