Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 7/17/2008 1:52:00 AM

It's so easy to use. I've been using this product for a couple of years now. I accumulated three different shades and I haven't used up any of them yet. I'll sometimes blend two different shades or just use one shade, depending on when I feel like looking lighter or darker. I still don't know which is my true shade, but it's great that many people don't notice that I am wearing makeup. Don't use their applicator brush. It sucks. I feel bad if I throw them away. I'll think of a way to make good use of those thick, hard hard kabuki brushes. I use another kind of natural hair powder brush that I really love. Use the dome to put the powder in, swirl in the brush and tap off the excess and voila!

on 7/8/2008 4:10:00 PM

I'm a light-skinned Asian and bought this in Buff Beige, which was a pretty good match. Overall a great product with blendable coverage, but the powder seems to get everywhere.
After putting this on, I didn't even feel that I was wearing makeup! The powder is very light and airy. The brush that came with the package is actually OK, but too scratchy to use on the sensitive skin under my eyes or my eyelids.

on 7/3/2008 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've never been very adept with foundations, but I stumbled across this last year and it's foolproof for me. I can't remember the shade I have because it's worn off the container (!) but it has nice yellow undertones. If I use it as spot coverage and dab too much on then I can get a little orange patch though. I have yet to replace mine and I wear it every day. It doesn't control oil well, but it also doesn't break me out. Sometimes I find it a little too shimmery, but it does give you that magazine glow. The packaging could be a lot better.
Edit: I no longer have acne, and this actually works even better. I don't have to use much and really, really blend it in to my skin. Looks totally natural, as long as you take the time to blend it until you can't see any powder. Just enough to even things out (not the best for camouflage!). This is the only product I've used as a daily foundation for two years, and I'm only on my second container- so I'm lowering the price rating. 20$ over a year isn't bad at all! Be sure to moisturize well before applying.

on 7/1/2008 2:47:00 AM

I am in love with this loose powder!! Great coverage and light-weight (even makes me forget I'm wearing make-up...). It's not aggravating at all for my acne, INSTANT 5 STARS FROM ME!! I've been a liquid foundation wearer (for over 5 years) so switching to powder was a scary move for me because I'm scared it won't give enough coverage as liquid foundation and I usually have dry cheeks that flakes bit after washing (my face turns into an oil slick after an hour after washing, very annoying....). The brush that comes with the package is kinda useless, buy a kabuki brush instead. The packaging is alright for me.
I would definitely buy this again. The price is reasonable, AU$24.95, not bad at all. I think it's US$10 or less.

TIP: After applying the powder, spritz a bit of water (Evian, MAC Charged Water works as well). This creates a dewy effect similar to liquid foundations.

on 6/28/2008 12:42:00 AM

I really like this stuff. Overall I find mineral makeup too thick for me, but this stuff was way better than Bare Escentuals. For days when I need more coverage, I would definitely use this product. Not a HG, but for a mineral makeup, definitely a good buy. The price is right and overall, its just a wonderful, blendable product.

I *love* this stuff. I use it on it's own or over a sheer liquid foundation. Either way it looks great - really natural and it feels weightless. My skin loves it - no breakouts, and it controls oil reasonably well. I just prefer to use my own, softer brush than the one provided.
I thought this product was a little expensive for a drug store brand when I first bought it, but now I see that is is going to last me a while, so it is a good deal in the end.
EDIT: yes indeed this lasts a long time! I get a lot of compliments when I wear this - people tell me my skin looks fabulous - "skin" and not "makeup."

on 6/23/2008 2:03:00 AM

So i ABSOLUTLY love this foundation
it covers really well i find .
and im not the type of person to wear alot of makeup cuz im still a teen and i love this stuff.
i bought it on sale for 13$( at pharmaprix)( canadian version of shoppers drug mart) and i absolutly love this i am never going back to liquid foundation or ANY foundation with talc, talc is HORRIBLE for your skin . this stuff actually improved my skin tone and i jusst LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation . WELL worth the purchase.and will keep repurchasing as long as i live.!

on 6/21/2008 6:01:00 PM

Product is just ok. It does its job. Nothing spectacular. Packaging is better than most loose powders have not had any powder nightmares yet and I've been using it for about 4months. Would not reapurchase just because it was just okay in every way. Only real advantage is that is it talc free which is kinda cool just because it is better for your skin and all that jazz. But I really couldnt tell the difference.

on 6/21/2008 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good choice for someone who is sensitive to bismuth. I like to look natural, so I just brush this on my face (with Bare Escentuals Flawless Application Brush), and I get a natural, but even look. I don't like to use the ''kabuki'' brush unless I feel like I need more coverage. I use this in Buff Beige and it seems to match my skin pretty well. I am interested in trying the pressed version of this makeup. Great product for the price, but I will continue looking for something better.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Nice breathable coverage, very good colors, NOT IRRITATING to my very sensitive skin and just all around amazing powder. Definitely recommended.