July 28, 2014 | 1835 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Kimmyk05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So i ABSOLUTLY love this foundation
it covers really well i find .
and im not the type of person to wear alot of makeup cuz im still a teen and i love this stuff.
i bought it on sale for 13$( at pharmaprix)( canadian version of shoppers drug mart) and i absolutly love this i am never going back to liquid foundation or ANY foundation with talc, talc is HORRIBLE for your skin . this stuff actually improved my skin tone and i jusst LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation . WELL worth the purchase.and will keep repurchasing as long as i live.!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by scorpio1273

Product is just ok. It does its job. Nothing spectacular. Packaging is better than most loose powders have not had any powder nightmares yet and I've been using it for about 4months. Would not reapurchase just because it was just okay in every way. Only real advantage is that is it talc free which is kinda cool just because it is better for your skin and all that jazz. But I really couldnt tell the difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 2:49:00 AM More reviews by PhxSunsGirl

This is a good choice for someone who is sensitive to bismuth. I like to look natural, so I just brush this on my face (with Bare Escentuals Flawless Application Brush), and I get a natural, but even look. I don't like to use the ''kabuki'' brush unless I feel like I need more coverage. I use this in Buff Beige and it seems to match my skin pretty well. I am interested in trying the pressed version of this makeup. Great product for the price, but I will continue looking for something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by laynesaidwattt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice breathable coverage, very good colors, NOT IRRITATING to my very sensitive skin and just all around amazing powder. Definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 11:21:00 AM More reviews by debrrra

HG LIKE MADCRAZY. I have extremely tempramental sensitive/combination/acne prone skin-along with being ridicuously pale... it's extremely difficult to find a foundation that I like that provides the mattifying coverage I need while still feeling light and natural.
Like I said before, I'm extremely pale and most foundations are way too dark for me. I bought this in the transluscent light and it has that great 'I'm not wearing makeup' look, yet covers my somewhat large pores and red patches-all the while, it feels like Iike I'm not wearing makeup, which is ESSENTIAL for the summertime. The only problem I have is that it makes my skin itch if I don't use a primer (monistat, I love you) beforehand, and the brush really blows.
I've tried bare minerals and countless liquid foundations in the past and hated them all (BM because of the mica making my face look insanely shiny, and it was WAY too dark).
This foundation is a godsend if you have any of my skin qualms, or if you hate the feeling of heavy makeup while still requiring pretty moderate coverage. But now I'm just overly gushing-just please, take my advice and TRY THIS!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gee, I hate to be the party pooper here, but this did not work for me at all. I'm nearing the end of my beloved L'Oreal Bare Naturale so I thought I would give something different a try. I hope I can return it! It had no coverage and and within one hour my face looked like I had been in the kitchen over a pot of popping grease all day. It smelled nice, I guess, but that's the best I can say about it. Too bad, I really wanted it to work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by peachiedumpling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I LOVE this makeup :) I wear it in soft ivory. I've got oily skin that's super sensitive and I've always had trouble with breaking out. So when I heard about this talc free stuff I had to try it. For me, it covers like a sheer foundation, which I NEVER thought I would've been able to pull off. But it balances out my skin tone, provides the coverage I need, and it just looks so natural. I hate it whenever someone can tell I'm wearing makeup, but with this you can't. It just looks like you have good skin. My nose did get shiny after a few hours, it does with every makeup, but all I had to do was just brush a little powder across and poof, all better :) In fact, since switching to this loose powder makeup my skin has started to really improve. Gotta love that!
Also, the brush it comes with isn't that great, so I recommend getting a better one.
And another thing, someone said their's was orange? Maybe your shade was too dark? I had that happen before with other makeup because I got a shade that was a couple steps above what I am. Pay attention when ya buy stuff, it really helps :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Foundation101

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PRODUCT: Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

COLOR: Creamy Natural is a good match with my yellow toned NC20 skin

COST: $ $12.99

DISCRIPTION: Mineral Makeup that contains no talc.

COVERAGE: Medium

SMELL: light powder smell

CONTAINER: Large and comes with a brush that's worthless. I'm using a different brush to apply the minerals because the brush it comes with is too rough and little. It comes in dome shaped container but you get a lot of product for your money. I apply it by putting mineral powder into the dome shaped lip and swirling my brush into it

WOULD I BUY AGAIN: Yes. I used this as my foundation while going to a theme park on a hot humid day and my makeup stayed on. I usually use full coverage liquid foundations but this is great for the summer days when liquid foundation is a no can do. It stays on, even after a sweaty workout. great staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in Translucent Light, hoping that it would match my skin tone.... I tried the Creamy Natural a while ago and it was a tad to dark. I'm not sure if this is actually "translucent" because it gives light to medium coverage which is exacly what I wanted. And, the color is perfect! Finally, a mineral make up that comes ina color I can wear!

I had a long and arduous experience with Everyday Minerals. I loved the texture and finish that I got from it, but I couldn't seem to find a decent color match for my fair/light skin tone. I ordered sample kit after sample kit and I have finally given up... it's getting too expensive and I still haven't foudn the right color. As a company I love them, but the convienience of shoping at a Drug Store is soooo much easier. If the color isn't right, I just drive back to return it,a nd buy a new one..... I don't have to buy it, wait aweek to get it, be disappointed that the color isn't right, and then repeat the process with the next sample kit.

Okay, I'm ranting now :)

Past MM experiences aside, I have a new found love for the loose mineral wear powder from PF. It's feels light, is perfect for my sensitive, rosacea, break out prone skin, and I was able to find a good color match. The powder isn't shmmery, or too "reflective", and gives me a nice creamy matte finish that last for several hours. The price is decent for the amount of product and the quality. Very affordable.

ALSO... the packaging. I know it looks weird. I know it's a little bulky. And, I know that most people want somethign sleek and classy looking. Frankly I don't care about any of those things because the funny package that this stuff comes in makes it THE most clean and easy loose mineral powder to use imo. The brush is scratchy, and is best used for travelling and touch ups. At home in the morning I would recommend using a nicer kabuki, or what-have-you.

As you can tell, I'm very pleased with this product. It's exactly what I've been wanting in a mineral make up for a while: Quality, that's affordable and convenient.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by mandi00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is a bit weird,but that can be overlooked.This powder is very light and didnt turn my skin orange! I love it!