November 29, 2014 | 906 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by breeeezybabyy

goodbye coco butter, hello coconut oil. Great for many uses. If you have bad dandruff, this is great for a scalp treatment. Before showers, take a tblspn or two of coconut oil and massage onto scalp,can be use for rest of hair.for deep conditioning also, leave on for 10 mins. Then wash off and almost instantly your dandruff is gone !

Also a great way to fade stretch marks and prevent new stretch marks from appearing. You can use in a sauna, which I recommend indulging your body with coconut oil before entering the sauna. I used this product almost all day everyday while pregnant and you can barely even see my stretch marks, little or if none at all !!

It is also a great alternative to vegatable oil for cooking. Much healthier and gives your food a hint of coconut, but without it being too over powering.

So a great conditioner, moisturizer, and cooking oil ? I think so :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by lmaxt17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay I have used every skin care products known. I never have written a review on anything before, but I just couldn't resist. I have oily, acne prone skin and have had a hard time finding a moisturizer that works. Well I have found it!! Organic virgin coconut oil ! I have been using this at night as a moisturizer and it it amazing! My skin looks clearer and softer than ever. My acne scars are fading, my pores look smaller and my complexion is much better. I have been using this all over my body to help with dry skin during the dry winter months in Minnesota. My husband has been using this as well and loves it. Give it a try!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Wow! I can't believe I didn't start using this sooner! I've been using virgin coconut oil from the health food store for about 3 months now, since reading the reviews, to remove makeup, moisturize, smooth down my hair, etc. Wow!

As a facial product, this stuff is wonderful. I've tried other oils- olive, safflower, avocado, mineral, etc.- for OCM and moisturizing. The coconut works the best, hands down. It melts into a liquid and is so easy to remove. It has lots of slip, takes everything off and leaves my skin clean, clear, moisturized and glowing. As an added bonus? It appears to be clearing my skin of loads of impurities I didn't even know I had. My skin hasn't been bad, but the oil seems to be dissolving small blackheads, plugs, etc. My skin looks great and I haven't had to use all kinds of other face products, like before, to moisturize, hydrate, etc. My skin is also quite oily at times, and regular use of the coconut oil has improved this significantly and regulated any oilies.

I've also been using it on my body and hair as a moisturizer and pre-shampoo treatment, and again- great results. I have mild KP on the tops of my arms, and using coconut oil has pretty much cleared it all up with regular use. Too bad I didn't clue into this years ago. I'd have saved myself a ton of money on beauty products, cleansing oils, body butters, and what have you. As it is, I have a whole pile of beauty products that are now sitting unused and lonely.

Try this for yourself. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how effective and multipurpose this stuff is.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by trilla14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

:D
I use this everywhere!
For my face and hair!
It reduces breakage and enhances shine .
My skin is smooth and glowing a lot more.
My hair was never better without this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was intrigued by coconut oil after vacationing with my brother and SIL in Hawaii. They always had a jar of it around. They used it for cooking and skin care for the whole family. Now I trust them because my brother is in holistic medicine and my SIL is a personal trainer. Both are very into health and fitness.
So when I got home I bought some. I LOVED how when applied it made my skin just glow. I used it for a wedding I was in and my legs gleamed.
I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about eating it. I was raised in the normal American FAT IS EVIL fashion and coconut oil is not only fat but saturated fat. But my brother and SIL are both in such awesome shape that I figured it's a good thing to at least try.
I did my research too. I had my cholesterol checked previously and I just had it rechecked yesterday.
All I can say is WHOA!!! My total cholesterol is improved, my ratios are excellent and my get this....my triglycerides went from 149 to 58!!! Holy crap!
So....I definately recommend this stuff. I used it to saute my veggies and I've added it to very lean ground turkey to keep it from being so dry and sometimes a tsp or so in my coffee. I get any EVCO that I see at whole foods. I prefer unrefined because I like the coconutty flavor.
I use it on my feet(it's a natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial). It has so many good qualities. I urge you to do some research for yourself. You will find out not all fat is created equal.
I cannot use this on my face. It does break me out a bit. But I have oily, acne prone skin that isn't good with anything.
Try it!!!

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use an unrefined one from Fiji, it claims to be 'organic' but ho hum, who can really be sure anyway? A couple of points about coconut oil and particularly unrefined ones. Unrefined coconut oils are a cream rather than white oil, they are soft to liquid at room temperature having a melting point of only 24 C. If yours is hard as a rock and white at room temp you've got a refined one. At least one brand in Australia sells a 'virgin organic' coconut oil thats refined. The refining process bleaches it and also gives it a higher melting point. The health industry has adopted the title 'extra virgin' for coconut oil they want to market as being special. But all unrefined coconut oils are the same. I get mine for about $18 kg at the local vitamin store. You could possibly find it in an ethnic food store as well, although I've yet to find an unrefined one there.

Now onto the oil itself. I use this topically for hair and skin and also as a food. Hence the reason why I buy it by the bucketful. Coconut is a silky oil that melts rapidly on skin contact and doesn't take much time to soak in as long as you're not putting it on like you're basting a turkey. It leaves your skin very soft and is one of the faster absorbing oils for skin use. I've been using it daily for about a year and haven't noticed an real miracles beyond it moisturizing. But I like it's feel and versatility of it above any other oil so I use it daily from head to toe after a shower. I live in a hard
water area which tends to dry out the skin.

Things I can truthfully attribute to unrefined coconut oil.....

It is in deed antimicrobial. I had a skin infection on my leg which no amount of chemist creams could contain. Plain old coconut oil though kicked it's ass I'm about a week. After just one application the fungal infection dried up and then quickly healed.

Good skin softener and excellent after shower lotion. I'd always failed to apply lotion or oils religiously after a daily shower. The texture and slip was always wrong and I spent the next hour walking around in an oil slick. Coconut oil has a lot of slip making it easy to spread over the skin very thinly. It soaks in fast and it's easy to use. If you live in a cold weather country pour melted coconut oil into a silicone muffin pan then pop out your solid bars of it. Store it where it won't melt then rub onto the skin for perfect application. If you live in a hot climate just store your bars in the fridge. Easy. Whether or not I like it as a hair oil is still to be debated.

Makes excellent face creams. Unlike other oils coconut oil produces a fluffy but very creamy consistency of cream that's fast soaking in. It's the best alround carrier oil for making lotions and creams due to ease of use and the way the finished product acts and feels. Of course just applied neat to the skin is also very good if you can't be bothered making something out of it. Most commercial face creams and eye creams are made from coconut oil. MCT & Capric\caprylic triglyceride are coconut oil.

Excellent makeup remover that's easy steamed off or washed off with another cleanser. I have normal to dry skin so I just use a warm face cloth to wipe it off and leave it.

It's cheap enough to slather anytime your skin feels dry. It will cost you a lot less than a boutique body butter, which is mostly coconut oil anyway. I have cracked heels and very tough skin on the soles of my feet. Nothing I have ever used has made a spec of difference, until now. Since I've been rubbing my body down with it daily my cracked heels have healed and my soles are a lot softer. Certainly one of the better moisturizers for this purpose.

When I first started using it, I found the sweet scent a bit nauseating to be honest. But now I've gotten used to it it doesn't bother me at all.

25 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by DeliaDelyons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just repurchased after using up a 20oz container. I use NOW brand, organic virgin unrefined. I originally bought for my hair, but am lazy about using it for such... However, I use it on my face everday. If I get a zit, I apply this religiously, when it comes to head, I pop it (yeah yeah I know I know) apply the Coconut Oil directly to the area, and it just disappears after a day or so without fail. As a moisturizer, keeps my face from feeling tight and really helps stop flakiness. My BF uses it, too, hes hooked! He puts it on everything from face to his head (shaves with clippers, not a razor) and when he gets a "boo boo" haha, his words... he applies it to the cut or scrape and it heals very quickly. He also eats it on his steamed veggies and loves it. I saute onions and the like in it, very good and light tasting, slightly sweet, but not exactly "coconutty". I will always use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by JustJanet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin and live in a very dry climate. I bought this after finding that my regular skincare routine wasn't working for me anymore. I was getting some dry, scaly patches on my face....ughhh. So I started using this as a nighttime moisturizer. I love the feel and smell but it's a little too oily looking for day use. My skin is 1000% better now but it's hard to tell if this is the sole reason because I changed the other elements of my routine at the same time. Another bonus is, it's dirt cheap so I don't try to skimp on product to save money. I use it all over my face, neck and decolletage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by gojiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

1) eye makeup remover
2) moisturizer
3) dietary supplement
4) leave in hair conditioner

I CANNOT use this as a facial moisturizer because it causes me to have large cystic breakouts that take a over a week to heal, and my skin is dry as it is.

I recommend Spectrum Organic Unrefined CCO in a glass jar. It smells delicious.

Will definitely repurchase, mostly for using as an eye makeup remover. It doesn't take mascara off in one swipe, but it does all come off with CCO and water.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by nataliearielle

Originally bought for a hair treatment, but it did NOT agree with my hair at all. I didn`t want to waist the tub I bought, because it was $20 - so I started using it as a body moisturizer and stretch mark preventive on my stomach during pregnancy. Now, I will probably use coconut oil as a moisturizer for the rest of my life!!! It`s my beauty secret ;) I`ve looked it up and there are so many benefits, like helping with age marks, sun damage, healing stretch marks, and helping with cellulite! Plus my skin looks so healthy - everyone notices! :)