September 19, 2014 | 1639 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Confetti_hearts

I use my flat iron to straighten and curl my hair basically everyday (I know... not good for hair!). I started using heat defense products several years ago and heard about the Tresemme tamer spray on a youtube video. I was curious so I bought one.

The tamer spray comes in a convenient spray that you spritz on your hair thoroughly. The smell is nice and not overpowering (I actually got compliments on how nice my hair smells) and does not weigh down my hair. I like using it when styling my hair and I feel that it does help to protect my hair from heat damage. It's a pretty good product and is decently priced so I will continue to purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

Wow, this stuff is wonderful! I purchased this on a whim last week- and I'm very happy that I did. I'm now very curious about the other hairstyling products from Tresemme. For the last 2 years, I have been using the Got2b Guardian Angel Spray- I loved it for the longest time, but I hated how the nozzle sprayed out the product. It would only focus on one part of my hair because it sprayed out so much product. With the Tresemme Tamer, it mists out and you can easily focus on all your hair without getting to much product on your hair, and leave it feeling weighed down. Also, since the I would run out of the Guardian Angel Tamer quite quickly. My hair is very long, and I needed a lot of it to see results after blow drying and straightening. While it did leave my hair soft, I wanted to try something else. After using this the first time, my hair felt softer then ever- I acutally didn't need anymore of this after straightening my hair because it was so soft and manageable. I cannot wait to try more products from this line, and I hope they never discontinue this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by beautychic101

I love, love, love this Heat Tamer Spray. I reach for it almost everyday. I've heard that it's a cheaper dupe for the Chi 44 Iron Guard. It smells lovely and it leaves your hair soft and manageable. I will definitely be repurchasing this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by francie197

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this a few times and loved it but rarely reached for it because I was wearing my hair short and preferred mousse. However, my recent combination of growing my hair out and dealing with more and more gray hair as I get older led me to dust this off the shelf and give it another try. I needed something lightweight that would not weigh my hair down and something to tame the frizzy white hairs that seem to multiply overnight. I definitely have more sympathy for my much-maligned Quick Curl Barbie, who aggravated me when I was a child because she had normal hair except for those strands of tangled wire, because now I feel like I'm in the same boat. LOL. Anyway, I really like this product a lot. It makes my hair silky smooth, soft, and shiny. I'm starting to get compliments on my hair again. The only thing I don't like is the pump. The spray tends to get all over the place. I tend to unscrew it and pour in my hand and apply that way. I am really liking this product and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up on sale for just over $3 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart and tried it for the first time before curling my hair with a curling iron yesterday. I normally don't curl my own hair at home because it doesn't curl easily and the curls don't stay very well (my stylist uses a thermal spray gel before curling my hair for extra hold when she does it, which leaves my curls plastic-like and very stiff once hairspray is added). Well, this product was definitely helpful with those issues! It curled a lot easier than normal (nice silky, shiney curls) and with just one all-over spray of hairspray on each row of curls, they easily lasted all day. I was worried the spray would make my hair look or feel greasy, but that wasn't the case at all. It was just nice and shiney but still light and airy and not weighed-down or greasy-looking/feeling. I love the trigger spray. It makes even application so quick and easy. I also tried the spray today on my damp hair before blowdrying, and then styled it as I normally do on a regular day (backcombed with lots of volume). The spray worked alright at this too though didn't make much of a difference in shine. I think it helped a bit with the frizzies and my hair felt a bit softer, but otherwise it didn't make as much of a difference that I would bother using it everyday for blowdrying. Also, if you're going to use it on damp hair before blowdrying and you have short bangs, don't spray it on your bangs if they're already dry before blowdrying (mine always air dry before I get around to blowdrying the rest of my hair, so they were already dry by the time I sprayed my hair with the Heat Tamer before blowdrying), because it can make them look a tad greasy if sprayed when already dry (took some extra fluffing to get them looking good again). Overall though, even if just for the use with the curling iron, I would highly recommend Heat Tamer! It's a surprisingly nice quality product for the price. Oh, and I also love the smell when applying (though it doesn't seem to smell for long after application, which is probably for the best anyways because I don't like a lot of different fragrances coming from my hair).
Update 02/03/2011: The only warning I would give about this spray is that if you're prone to breakouts, you might not want to use it when/where it's going to come in contact with your face a lot (for example, if you sleep with your face on the areas that it's been applied). I used it before straightening my ends the other day and then slept as usual (with my face laying on my hair) and woke up with a few blemishes the next morning where my hair had been touching my face. So, I probably won't use it for straightening anymore but will continue to use it for curling when my hair will be up and away from my face and lacquered in my hairspray that my skin's used to and won't break out from.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by xSunx

I really love this product. When I use it, not only does it protect my hair, but it smells pretty nice too. This product isn't expensive at all and I would recommend it to all! When I first got it, though, I couldn't understand what the little black piece by the nozel was. I eventually figured out that it wasn't part of the spray and took it off. I use this pretty much every day! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by CosmeticCity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This spray is really good! most heat sprays i use make my hair sticky and smelly, but this....this is different!
This makes my hair smell good and protects VERY well. it will leave your hair smelling good for the rest of the day :)
the pump is very convenient and sprays widely, so u dont have to keep spraying and spraying and spraying, etc.
I cant remember the price, but I think it was like...$3.50 at Target. It lasts a long time. I would buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by meybol102685

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love th way this product makes my hair feel and look. Unfortunately after 3weeks of using it, I had gotten soo many split ends that I didn't know what to do. I started using it right after I had gotten a hair cut so I didn't understand why I kept getting more and more split ends. I finally stopped using it and th split ends went away but nothing has ever make my hair look the way this does. I ended up buying a protein treatment for hair breakge and have started using this again. It gave me soo many split ends though and it sucks. But it does leave my hair super nice

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing! I've tried lots of anti-frizz, smoothing, silicone-laden heat protection products, from cheapo stuff like Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk to high end products like Kerastase Ciment Thermique. Nothing I've tried (including the Kerastase) has taken care of my frizz like this stuff has. After using it, 98% of my frizz and flyaways are gone. Even my family noticed and commented on how smooth my hair looked. It doesn't weigh down my fine hair either or look greasy.

I've only used it on dry hair before flat ironing, but I've noticed that you can even skip the flat ironing if you want and just spray a little bit in the palm of your hand to smooth down frizz & little broken hairs at the crown and that works well too if you just want to smooth stuff down at your crown and no where else.

The scent is interesting. It smells very fresh and shower-y smelling if that makes sense. I don't really like it but I don't dislike it either and its light enough to not offend my VERY sensitive nose.

Also love the spray nozzel- really helps keep it from getting too much on any one area. Just be careful to protect your face with your hand. Somehow I got some in one eye, one time, when spraying the side of my head even though it was no where near my face.

It's only a little over $3 at the drugstore so its definitely worth trying if you're thinking about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by mikayladawnlt

I got this on a trip away after I forgot my Got 2B at home. I have to say that I love this stuff! It makes my hair feel really soft and protects it really well. It also tames some of the frizz I get from blow drying my hair. It smells super too and is very inexpensive!