December 19, 2014 | 1183 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by missxlkt

i straighten my hair almost everyday so i use this everyday . the smell of it is reeeeaally nice like i love it (: this is really good & the price is so affordable . i love how it has a spritzer spray .

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by riceball406

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do like this product its my first heat protectant and I probably won't leave it. It seems to protect my hair but I don't really abuse my hair either. It actually is good to just spray on your hair if its going to get later that day because it keeps hair manageable when wet, yes random, but for that I will love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Ahlexa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I believe this actually works to protect my hair from the heat of my blow dryer, but the only thing I don't like is that it smells like spraying a bottle of perfume in your hair, but thank goodness the smell does fade. Besides that it's a great product and great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple of months and I like it. It smells so good that people have complimented me. I spray it on before I use a flat iron. I was spraying it on before I blow dry and then again when I flat iron, but I found a different technique works better: I apply John Frieda's Thermal Protection Frizz Ease serum to my damp hair and blow dry, then I spray sections of my hair with this to protect when flat ironing. That combo seems to work best. This is alcohol-free, which is very important to me. I've purchased other so-called protectant sprays that had alcohol as the top ingredient and they made my hair feel like straw. As far as drug store heat protectant sprays goes, this is honestly your best bet.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by stantonc

For a drugstore product, this is definately worth it. I have thin and straight hair, so a lot of heat protectant sprays are too heavy and make my hair greasy. I use moroccanoil on my hair when it's wet, as well as this spray when its wet and before I straighten it. Amazing. I'd rebuy again, especially because it's about 4 dollars where I live.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by bellagrace06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was ok, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Jesangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have thin, dry, dyed long blonde hair.

Was not fabulous with blowdryer on my hair. My wet hair was curled with this product ...to a crisp effect! I brushed the crunch out, and the curls stayed bouncy till the end of the night.

It has a strong scent, so I won't reccomend it to people who work in a scent-free office.

I also tried Nexxus Heat Protexx with NO crispy effect on wet hair that was curled. And that worked wonders when I blowdried my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I will never get back to not protecting my hair again. I used to just straighten my hair without any protection, because I was pretty careless. I find it easier to to straighten my hair and it looks a lot better now without as much effort.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Confetti_hearts

I use my flat iron to straighten and curl my hair basically everyday (I know... not good for hair!). I started using heat defense products several years ago and heard about the Tresemme tamer spray on a youtube video. I was curious so I bought one.

The tamer spray comes in a convenient spray that you spritz on your hair thoroughly. The smell is nice and not overpowering (I actually got compliments on how nice my hair smells) and does not weigh down my hair. I like using it when styling my hair and I feel that it does help to protect my hair from heat damage. It's a pretty good product and is decently priced so I will continue to purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

Wow, this stuff is wonderful! I purchased this on a whim last week- and I'm very happy that I did. I'm now very curious about the other hairstyling products from Tresemme. For the last 2 years, I have been using the Got2b Guardian Angel Spray- I loved it for the longest time, but I hated how the nozzle sprayed out the product. It would only focus on one part of my hair because it sprayed out so much product. With the Tresemme Tamer, it mists out and you can easily focus on all your hair without getting to much product on your hair, and leave it feeling weighed down. Also, since the I would run out of the Guardian Angel Tamer quite quickly. My hair is very long, and I needed a lot of it to see results after blow drying and straightening. While it did leave my hair soft, I wanted to try something else. After using this the first time, my hair felt softer then ever- I acutally didn't need anymore of this after straightening my hair because it was so soft and manageable. I cannot wait to try more products from this line, and I hope they never discontinue this :)