July 22, 2014 | 1166 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by meybol102685

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love th way this product makes my hair feel and look. Unfortunately after 3weeks of using it, I had gotten soo many split ends that I didn't know what to do. I started using it right after I had gotten a hair cut so I didn't understand why I kept getting more and more split ends. I finally stopped using it and th split ends went away but nothing has ever make my hair look the way this does. I ended up buying a protein treatment for hair breakge and have started using this again. It gave me soo many split ends though and it sucks. But it does leave my hair super nice

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing! I've tried lots of anti-frizz, smoothing, silicone-laden heat protection products, from cheapo stuff like Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk to high end products like Kerastase Ciment Thermique. Nothing I've tried (including the Kerastase) has taken care of my frizz like this stuff has. After using it, 98% of my frizz and flyaways are gone. Even my family noticed and commented on how smooth my hair looked. It doesn't weigh down my fine hair either or look greasy.

I've only used it on dry hair before flat ironing, but I've noticed that you can even skip the flat ironing if you want and just spray a little bit in the palm of your hand to smooth down frizz & little broken hairs at the crown and that works well too if you just want to smooth stuff down at your crown and no where else.

The scent is interesting. It smells very fresh and shower-y smelling if that makes sense. I don't really like it but I don't dislike it either and its light enough to not offend my VERY sensitive nose.

Also love the spray nozzel- really helps keep it from getting too much on any one area. Just be careful to protect your face with your hand. Somehow I got some in one eye, one time, when spraying the side of my head even though it was no where near my face.

It's only a little over $3 at the drugstore so its definitely worth trying if you're thinking about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by mikayladawnlt

I got this on a trip away after I forgot my Got 2B at home. I have to say that I love this stuff! It makes my hair feel really soft and protects it really well. It also tames some of the frizz I get from blow drying my hair. It smells super too and is very inexpensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic drugstore product. I had been using Redken's Iron Silk, a spray that's meant to be used with a flat-iron, and liked it just fine. I bought this on a whim and have probably been using it for 9 months or so and I couldn't find it the other day, so I grabbed my old Redken one - and I liked it less than Tresemme's! Crazy. I don't notice a huge difference when I'm using these products; they both keep my hair smooth and straight and smell nice (though I prefer the scent of the Tresemme one) and the straightness of my hair lasts into the next day, but I find my hair feels heavier and gunkier the next day with the Redken spray. I love finding a drugstore product that's better than its expensive twin. :D The only reason I gave it a 4 is because I don't think either of these products do much in the way of protecting my hair from heat damage - but that's okay. I'll definitely repurchase the Tresemme, I'm totally happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by lorina

I bought this product because of the amazing reviews on MakeupAlley!
Honestly i don't feel any difference after using it! Its like water! My friend is a hairdresser and she said that nothing can really protect you from heat damage! If you use your flat iron or curling iron, the heal WILL damage your hair in a way or another..and these products dont really CURE the damage. They might make your hair feel smoother cuz the product has glycerin or something similar..but at the end, your hair is still going to be damaged.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by beachgirley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I heard everyone raving about this but honestly its not that great. When I first put it on I loved how it sprayed and the sturdy and edgy packaging. But it smells TERRIBLE that alone would make me never buy this product again. (some of my guy friends smelled my hair and said it was a turn off) so if you do want this product I would recommend a body spray or perfume to spray on your hair after wards. Also it made my hair go flat, it lost volume and its curl (I curled my hair) and It looked horrible at the end of the day. When I straiten it, its okay but it still makes my hair flat (I don't put any on the roots, and I have naturally voluminous so i know its this product that did it.) On the upside though it made my hair soft and shiny after the heat. But most heat sprays do so I'll just skip this product next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Jess791

Love it , it doesn't grease your hair out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Kurohyou

HG! this product is the only one for me!

I have very fine/thin hair, so I really need to avoid using too many products, or products that will leave buildup or feel heavy or greasy in my hair.

you will NOT feel or notice this product in your hair no matter how much you spray on, but this stuff works wonders!

after one use before blowdrying, my hair is less fried and WAY softer and shiner than without using it. I also use it before using my CHI flatiron and have really great results!

It really protects your hair and makes it feel soft and healthy, and for me it also helps with detangling and controling frizz!

it has a very light, pleasent scent, bairly noticeable, but the scent will stay on your hair (which I like, but some people might not.)

it has a manual-spray top that always gives an even, light mist on your hair and has yet to clog for me....however some people might find the positioning of this nozzle difficult to use in those hard-to-reach places on your head.

BEST OF ALL: its a LARGE bottle that is DIRT CHEAP! worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this product! Great price, smells great too. I spray this in my hair after I towel dry my hair and it helps with de-tangling my hair also before I blow dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by lilydoll

This is the first and only heat protector product I have used. It has a nice smell and causes the hair to smoothen and straighten. It is easy to open and close. I highly recommend this product.