Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

on 5/2/2009 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

great sexy scent! love this bought the 1.7 ounce set with shower gel, body cream, and body lotion for 122.00 ..not bad! why pay 90.00 for just the 1.7 ounce...when u can search for a set! LOVELY SCENT..LIGHTLY SWEET, SEXY,FLORAL, AND NOTHING LIKE ANGEL OR ANYOTHER SCENT! love this

on 4/29/2009 10:20:00 AM

Let me preface this by saying that I'm biased--nothing comes close to my all-time fave, Angel--so of course I didn't expect this scent to become my brand-new #1. With all the people comparing it to Angel and Lolita Lempicka, both of which I have and adore, I figured that I would really like it at the very least even though until now I have avoided it because of 1) the popularity, and 2) the name (I don't generally go for florals). Being that the weather is warming up I was on the lookout for a new fragrance or two, so I gave this one a whirl. Verdict? Well...the jury's still out. I gave it a 3 because I'm just not sure. One day I really like it and the next day I'm very unimpressed. There's three things I want to note about this fragrance, though:

1. It smells like everything else...and nothing else. To elaborate, I feel like it smells common, like every other boring scent that's out there. I also can't really place exactly what it smells like, though. I do not get the comparisons to Angel and Lolita Lempicka *at all* because on me, this is nothing like either one of those. The closest it comes is a striking similarity to Cacharel's Amor Amor (and a very close similarity, too) but that only lasts for a while. The drydown is different.
2. Good Lord, it costs a fortune! Why on earth is this fragrance so darn expensive? I just can't understand it. I also can't believe I paid $100 for a 1.7 ounce bottle. What can I say, I'm a sucker. But I have paid less for most of my Guerlain fragrances, which tend to be the more expensive ones I've bought, and this is nowhere near them in terms of quality.
3. After a couple hours, where does it go? And to all those who say this fragrance lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts, what on earth is your secret? Because this is *gone* after a short while. I can still get an occasional whiff of it, and my boyfriend can smell it when he's superclose to me (he likes it), but c'mon...I was really surprised that this scent wasn't as loud as I expected. I like loud.

I doubt I'd buy this again considering the things I mentioned above, but who knows. I might change my mind.

EDIT 6/11/2009: Maybe this fragrance is a little more tenacious than I previously believed. The other evening I noticed that it lasted through an entire workday, because I kept getting whiffs of it on my way home and later on as I was showering. Could it be that it just needs a little heat to bring it out? Or maybe--and I'm starting to think that this is probably the case--I experience olfactory fatigue really really quickly with this scent and it's just me that can't smell it, even though everyone else can. Apparently, this also happens when I wear D&G Light Blue. Who would've thought?

on 4/25/2009 3:25:00 AM

I absolutely adore Flowerbomb. I am extremely picky when it comes to perfume and more often that not, find them overwhelming and smelling more like chemicals than anything else. This however is a pleasant and gentle fragrance, suitable for any occasion.

My only gripes are how incredibly expensive it is and the flimsy plastic black bit meant to look like a grenade safety pin. I feel like if I pack it if I'm going on a trip it will snap off.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I was living in London, I first saw and smelt this at Selfridges and instantly fell in love with it. Since I was a poor student, I would go to the shop almost every day and dreamed about having it. It smells absolutely beautiful. Deep, sexy, flowery sweet, complicated and hypnotising...artistic, absolutely great creation!
I love the bottle as well. It looks like a glass grenade filled with pink magical liquid.
When I wear it, I feel very sexy, and it's like I'm celebrating myself for having been born a girl!
This is my signature scent and will be forever.

on 4/20/2009 2:37:00 AM

I don't really think the name fits the juice, I don't care much for florals, but I just love this. Its like an intense burst of something sweet and vanilla-y but i dont realy smell flowers! I can see other reviewers feel the same. This actually smells like a sexy, dirty bunch of flowers to me. Anyone looking for a clean pretty floral will be disappointed. This is a strong fragrance, I can carry off strong but even this is quite overwhelming at times for me. I'd wear this to a club or something similar, even though its a sexy scent and I would love to wear it to 'bed', its so strong that my man will probably gag and get a headache, so in a room filled with other people I'd probably be fine and stand out a little. One on one I can see this would be overwhelming.

on 4/12/2009 8:32:00 AM

I have had around 400 fragrances and sniffed alot at the shops so you know that i am a perfume fan. Yet i only find myself truly loving this scent only and would glady give up the other scents i have just for this one, now i don't even know why i have them. It is a strong floral fragrance and i love strong frangrances, you just use less otherwise what is the point in buying lighter fragrances you might aswel buy a body spray. It is floral but smells like a hint of vanilla which is strange becuase this doesn't actually have vanilla notes in it. It is sexy the most sexyiest gorgeous scent i have smelt. I wish i could have atleast 5 favourite fragances as i love perfumes but i don't know if anything can top this. So many people wear this but i make sure i wear this all the time so people only will associate it with me and it is my signiture scent and it has took me over five years to find one. I want to get the shower gel and creams and bubble bath.........well the whole works !. lol

on 4/10/2009 11:07:00 AM

this is the most beautiful smell ever! I discovered it in a magazine and the instant I smelled it, I had to have it. i've had many perfumes and loved them all at first, but after about two months i tend to go off the smell but i've had my bottle of flowerbomb for almost 5 months and i still absolutely love it! it doesnt smell anything like flowers, more sweet, kind of like vanilla which doesn't bother me because i prefer a sweeter scent.
the scent stays for quite a while and my parents always comment on the house smelling so good for hours after i've sprayed it. the bottle is just beautiful too. I will deffinately repurchase when i've run out despite the hefty price tag.
5 lippies because it is just perfect!

on 3/17/2009 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

"Flowerbomb" is right. It's a bomb of a a flower scent - i.e. no floral here. All vanilla. Generic, silly. WAY to expensive for what it is. Floral lovers should definitely skip. 2 stars are generous.

on 3/15/2009 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At work my work colleague was ranting on about this, so i thought let me smell it. oh-MY-lord it smelt so beeeautiful! It's more sweet than flowery, i understand the concept of the flowerbomb, it looks like a glass grenade so CLASSY. The notes seem to interwine fluently with eachother, a very clever creation. One con though, it is exceeedingly expensive, 55 for a 50ml!!! And 75 for a 100ml ive already used a 1/3 of it up!! Also Cheyl Cole used this so I DO NOT MIND SMELLING LIKE HER lol.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I smelled this bottle, I HAD TO HAVE IT! It is sultry and intoxicating. Oh my goodness!!! But - I after I wore it for a few days, I couldn't figure out why there was a patchouli odor following me around. I'm a teacher so I assumed it must be a student! Finally, after a few days, I realized it HAD TO BE ME!!!! That was almost heartbreaking. I LOVE this fragrance but I despise patchouli and somehow the drydown ended in a patchouli stink so there was just no compromising. I had to return the bottle. Still, when I see a bottle of it, I get sad for a moment because I can't do anything about it. If the chemistry is not right, you have to say goodbye!

Popular Fragrances