November 21, 2014 | 1774 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have never actually purchased this product, but my mom uses Nivea product all the time, so I get tubs of these from her every once in a while. I don't use this a lot so a tub lasts me forever and I also only use it at night prior to going to bed because I don't use a regular moisturizer during the day (I use a sunscreen instead).

I like the scent - that typical Nivea scent that's soft and powdery, and it does tend to linger for a while, but I can't imagine it beeing overly offensive for anyone. I like that it's thick and buttery almost, but when you put it on your face it feels very hydrating and slightly greasy but not in that heavy Vaseline type of way.
My mom has used these products practically all her life, she is in her late 50s now and everyone tells her that she looks like she's in her early 40s. Now I am not going to attribute that solely to Nivea creams, but I am sure that it played a small part. She is obsessed with moisturizers. I am not, though, as I don't have overly dry skin so I don't need moisturizers except at night after cleansing my face only if my skin feels tight, and in the winter of course.
I use this at night and wake up in the morning with my skin feeling really soft and hydrated. I absolutely love it will purchase at some point if I have to, but I have had a tub of it for a couple of years and it's still have full. If I ever need more I will probably just get it from my mom. She also tends to get European versions of this product which are better, imo.

Only problem I can see people having with it is the fact that you have to stick your fingers in the tub in order to get the product out. I personally don't have an issue with this since I only use this product after I cleanse my face/hands... and also, I don't see any other type of packaging working any better because the product is quite thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by aquaheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Nivea! All of their products are great, but the Creme is really amazing. I try a lot of other lotions and I always end up going back to Nivea Creme :) It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth and the smell is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this in the little tin, mostly because I thought it was an adorable concept. Well, I ended up really liking the product as well! It is great for those rough patches on your skin, and just a really great moisturizer for your hands in the winter. It does have a scent, so if you are sensitive to those sorts of things you probably will not like it, but it does not bother me. I honestly do not know where people got the idea to use this on their face of all places, but I would not even try. To me, without even trying, this is strictly a below the neck moisturizer. But if it works for your face, that is great, I just would not even risk it. :P

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This is okay, but I think I prefer body butter or just lotion to this. It's very thick, but didn't really help with the dry patch on my leg that I bought it for. Smells nice and clean, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this tonite for my really chapped hands and cuticles. It was a lot thicker than I expected. I put it on, put gloves on (regular gloves, not "treatment" gloves) and went outside in 20 degree weather for a half hour. When I took them off, my hands felt incredible! My only complaint is the tin, I'd rather it be in a pump, but it's so thick that it might not work...love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by lilpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

what can i say best moisturiser i have ever bought. I have been using this for years and i never had a problem with it. Its so cheap only 3.00 and definitly worth the money. I have comination stkin but its also very sensitive so this is perfect. its very moisturising but doesnt make you oily. I work as a MAU and I use this on all my clients. My husband even uses this. and hes not into "looking after himself" lol. before using this he had very Dry flaky skin, but now his skin is well moistured. Notice a difference within a few days. Definitly recommended. Maybe not for those who have very oil skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rzirkle410

This is a facial lotion that I've been using for a few years now. I love it! It's rich enough that it moisturizes dry patches, but not so much that it makes my skin oily. I like that it comes in a pot because it gives me more control over how much I apply. The fragrance is light and I love how soft and supple my skin feels after I use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Espiegle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am in Germany, so I was pretty excited about being able to get a La Mer dupe...and I love retro, classics, standbys, etc- and I'm always happy about inexpensive, So it was all good.
I'm rating a 4/buy again for hand and body use of Nivea ONLY- NOT for face. And high rating for packaging because I just love tins, and retro packaging, even though, yes, it's a little hard to manoeuvre sometimes.

I bought a tiny tin, and a larger one (one for gym, one for home) and proceeded to use it...incidentally, there is nothing better for dry winter hands. On the face though- well, first of all, it is far, far too greasy for me, but I thought that that might be the case, I just also thought maybe it would be ok, as I'd never tried Nivea on my face.

But the real problem was this; after about a week of using Nivea on my face, I noticed that my 1 or 2 little chin hairs that I tweeze had 4 or 5 little friends! Ack!! I kid you not! Then I remembered a friend of mine in college telling me that "Nivea makes your hair grow." It's actually true! The good news is, after stopping using it, the hairs haven't come back. Weird.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the little 99 cent, 1 oz tin of this stuff to just test this out and see if I liked it, and if I didn't, then I wouldn't be out much money. I love this stuff! My skin can be really dry on my cheeks, that no other moisturizer can fix, but this stuff. I don't use it all over my face, because I think that it would be too greesy, and I'm not dry all over, just on my cheeks. I literally just need to barely tap my finger into the product to get enough for my cheeks. A little goes a long way, I'm seriously not sure if this little tin will ever run out! I've had this for about 8 to 10 months, and I haven't even made a dent in it yet. It will last me forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this on my face, and in the winter, its fabulous. its very much like creme de la mer. Im acne prone, and it hasnt broken me out, which is quite amazing. beforehand, I take my makeup off with ponds makeup removing cloths, then wash with the new noxzema scrub, and then top with nivea creme. my face is smooth and soft, not a flake or pimple. amazing. I warm the creme between my fingers before putting it on.*****update***** this actually did cause me some acne. So I switched back to using creme de la mer, and no more acne, but the same soft and moisturized skin. weird - since they have somewhat similar ingredients. But thats enough to make me not want to use this on my face anymore. I'll keep this in my purse for my hands though. its still amazing, still rate it as a 5.