Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I like this. The fragrance is nice: lemongrass and honeysuckle, or something more sophisticated noses might at least determine to be in that neighborhood..hopefully. I spend a lot of time outside and in winter I love carrying this little tin around and I use it often. It serves to protect and soften my hands as good as anything that I've used. Great deal; love the tin packaging!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

***This is not an official review for the creme, but more of a head's up to everyone using it...***

There are a couple of different types of Nivea creme marketed and sold...the TRUE, ORIGINAL Nivea creme is made in Europe and not Mexico!! The European version does NOT have preservatives, and is richer and thicker. Below are the ingredients for the German/European Nivea:
Aqua, Paraffinum liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (EuceritŪ), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol

And now, the ingredients for the Mexican Nivea:

The lists are similar, but depending on what version you're using, there may be a reaction to one or more of the ingredients used. The big component in both formulas is mineral oil, which consequently, is the main ingredient in La Mer as well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is a really cheap great cream i used it because i had really dry skin but now i don't it is thick and amazing love it oh and it's an awesome hand creme .

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

When it comes down to it, all that really matters is whether a product works for you or not. Skin care experts may deride this cream because it is basic and does not contain vitamins and antioxidants, but I don't care. My skin loves Nivea. Having had access to German Nivea while living in Spain, and Mexican Nivea now that I'm living in the States, I can honestly say that I prefer the Mexican made version *gasp*! True, the German version is slightly creamier in texture, but I don't care. My skin likes the Mexican version, period. When I slather this on at night I wake up with beautifully moisturized, glowing skin. Additionally, this creme makes a great base for your own special concoction to meet your skin's needs. For example, I love mixing Nivea with a drop of extra light virgin olive oil. The bonus of doing this is that it makes the cream easier to apply.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It hydrates my skin well for the price.I really like the smell and the packaging.

I recently went back to using this on and off. Sometimes the fragrance irritates my skin (makes it itch) and I go back to Aveeno. Nivea is a great body moisturiser. The fragrance is nice & it's so cheap too! This is the best value for money moisturiser I know of. I also like Nivea Soft, which is less hydrating but gives a silky finish because of the silicones. The original Nivea (this one - blue tin) is silicone free, as far as I recall.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I was super excited to try this product because of the raving reviews. Ha, this made my skin so oily. I have combination dry skin, and I enjoy super hydrating products. I mean, it made my skin very hydrated but the oily sheen that it gives me is so not worth it. The packaging sucks and is also unsanitary, but what do you expect from a dirt cheap product?

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I first got this as a sample in a magazine. Although I love this cream, its not very moisturizing or should I say it doesnt last long, but my hands feel amazing when its on. I use it on my hands and sometimes my feet in the evening. I looove the smell. I purchased one in a tube, instead of the tub because I was thinking maybe its softer, but its not.

I am in South Africa, so am not sure which version this one is. It has a UK and also Dublin address.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This consistency of this creme is appalling. I purchased the made in Mexico version which according to many is far less superior in quality to the German incarnation. Anyway, I had a couple of horrendous, time-consuming experiences attempting to spread this on my skin. This creme is frighteningly paste-like. It's so thick and so white that I can only imagine how much it was suffocating my skin when I had it one. I do however love the thick, blue jar it comes in. That however, is all I like about it. I also find the scent of this, medicinal meets old lady. Not to my liking whatsoever. I will give this creme a second chance in the winter, when my skin is drier and the smell won't be made more pungent by the heat.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a review for the Nivea made in Germany - a far more superior texture than the one made in Mexico. It's creamier and a tad softer. It's still extremely thick but it's not as HARD. I mix this with my foundation because foundation alone is just too drying on my face. What I do is I just scoop a finger's worth of the Nivea and one pump squeeze of my foundation - mix and apply on my face like a regular moisturizer. I last the whole day without any tightness in any part of my face and I LOVE that. It keeps my skin well-moisturized and my foundation stays put all day. I won't be running out of this any YEAR soon because I bought a 3-pack on Amazon, not realizing how HUGE the tin jars were - 13.53 fl. oz!!! I started using the first tin back in March - it's September now and it looks like I barely made a dent! So yeah, I'm good for YEARS to come! LOL (But it WAS a pretty good deal on Amazon)!!