Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

Most things about this product would normally make me stray.... but I can't stop loving this cream. It. Is. Amazing, and I never, ever let myself run out.

a few reasons:
when I have had sunburns (including one extremely bad one) I apply this instead of aloe. Yes, it's thicker, yes you do have to rub it in a little, and yes, you will feel better, faster than you will with aloe. This stuff is a god-send for sunburns. If you have it for no other reason, have it for this. If I peel at all, I peel at a barely noticeable level when I use this.

I have eczema on my legs and according to my husband, can seem to leave them alone in my sleep they itch so badly. Like your worst bug bite. This actually relieves it more than other creams, and makes my legs feel a little smoother.

Once or twice a week I use this instead of my regular moisturizer. It's pretty heavy when you first put it on, and it takes a minute or two to absorb, so every day use isn't really for me.. but the way my skin feels afterward makes it worth it. I even use it on my face.

Can't say enough about this stuff. Heavy? Moderately. Thick? Yes. Absorption rate? Moderate. Effectiveness? Superb.

HG. Maybe forever.

on 5/16/2011 3:34:00 PM

I tried the one made in Mexico. There's just way too much wax? in this, it tugs on my skin even when putting it on a damp face. It tugged so much that it brought back old pimple scars that I thought were completely gone already. Also, it sat on my cheeks with a temporary moisture, though, when washing it off, the dry flakes were still there. It didn't break me out though.

on 5/15/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my go to night cream. I know it is not meant to be used on the face and that it doesn't work for everyone on the face, but for me, it is MAGIC! My face was severely broken out and when I finally found a system that would get rid of my acne, it dried out my skin very badly. I added this to my routine and it moisturized my face while keeping it clear. My skin is now clear and normal. I don't get oily through out the day and I don't get flaky either. My skin hasn't looked this lovely in a long time. It's cheap, smells nice, and works like a charm. LOVE.

on 5/13/2011 10:33:00 PM

I love using tried and true products that people have been using for centuries but this one did very little for me. The scent was alright and didn't really bother me. It was the thickness and oily texture that bothered me so much. I didn't like how it sat on my skin or how heavy it felt. I couldn't do much with my hands until I finally washed it off. I am disappointed in this product and will not use it again. Luckily, I vought the product sample for under a dollar otherwise it would have been a serious waste of money.

Bought this based on the reviews here. Though I am 53, this left my skin soft, yet did nothing to visibly reduce fine lines or wrinkles and made me break out terribly due to the greasiness. good for the rest of your body, maybe, but not on the face.

on 5/4/2011 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this based on the good reviews from MUA, and I trusted MUA. I thought that I finally found a great cheap moisturizer, since people keep comparing this with the infamous La Mer. However, this got me disappointed.

First, I really dislike the scent. I don't mind the old school smell, but actually the Nivea Soft version smells better. I bought this in the winter, when things turned rock hard. It took me a while to get it out and have it melt into my skin. Now when the weather is warmer, it melts right away, like some kind of liquid, not cream. So that's not a very pleasant type of texture for me. I bought this in the small tin to try out, and I'm glad that I did not spend more. It's just not worth my money.

It did not moisturize that well. I used this on my hands, my body, and even my face. Big mistake. It broke me out like crap all over. I had to deal with painful rash-like zits and clog pores for months. My bad; I wouldn't do that again or recommend anyone to use this on their face. I normally have combination-oily skin, but I need some heavier moisture for winter months. I put this on at night before bed, but the next day when I woke up my skin was still flaky dry at some spots. So this failed as a facial moisturizer.

There is something wrong with the ingredient that irritated my skin like no others. I have acne-prone skin, but it's not very sensitive. I tried this cream again as an eye cream, like some people suggested. This stung my eyes badly. My eyes got all red. I had to wash it off right away. I rather went to bed and wake up with dry skin around my eyes. Learn my lesson people, don't hurt yourselves with this!

Finally, I tried this as a hand cream. Skin on my hands and my body is no way sensitive, I can put any kind of lotion and cream on as long as it smells okay and does not leave a sticky yucky feeling behind. However, this stung my hands too, which was weird. My hand turned a bit red and itchy. I was unable to explain what was wrong with this. I checked the product and it was still in good condition. It must be something with the ingredients. I thought that Nivea cream was the basic cream of all kinds such and such, but it caused me too much problems when no others did.

I threw it away after giving it too many chances. I suppose it would work for you as it has done for many people in decades. I had high hope for such a classic favorite like this, but it failed miserably. Nivea Soft did not do me any good either. I have not had luck with Nivea body products, but their lips care line is quite promising.

on 4/28/2011 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this stuff! I've been using it for years, and I will continue, because it's cheap, smells great and gets the job done. A little under makeup but, before primer works like a charm.

on 4/27/2011 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Grosses me out to think about this on my face (not that I would) but I love this for my hands and body. It's so thick and absorbs quickly. It works really well on dry skin - I love it on my feet! I find the smell pleasant - powdery and clean. I'd repurchase this for sure...it's cheap and effective!

on 4/27/2011 5:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

The creme is super thick but after a while when you start applying, it starts to melt down and slowly slip into your skin. Greasiness only a slight bit, much lesser than many others cream/lotion I tried. Packaging wise, its fairly ok. Kinda old-school vintage with navy blue colour tin package which make it more unique, not as convenient compared to those cream/lotion which has a pump but still acceptable because of the thick cream that hard to mess-up.

on 4/27/2011 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bouht this to use as a night cream since I tend to have fairly dry skin. I totally loved it and then I realized that my grandmother used this as long as I can remeber and she never in her almost 80 years had almost any wrinkles. So this creme is true magic; lasts ages, is insanely cheap and is proven to be very effective!