September 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc27-30, warm yellow undertones, oily

I used to hate this powder!! I thought it made my skin super oily but I now realized it was because of the foundation I was using back then. I love this powder as much as I love my maybelline dream matte powder, which is my HG matte pressed powder. I picked this up in the shade "sandstorm". After applying my foundation, I apply this powder using my elf studio powder brush or my posh powder brush. This powder leaves my skin matte throughout the day without having to blot/touch up often. I don't mind the scent; it has a rosy/floral/baby powder scent?? I Frickin hate the packaging. The twist up lid is dumb and it would've been nice if there was a mirror to make touch ups on the go easier. Def would repurchase!

Update (1/28/14): still loving this product!! They finally have new packaging. The lid actually snaps down now and keeps it locked. Also, surface of the powder has the rimmel crown logo. Love it! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Renee2461

I have semi oily skin, so I wanted to get a powder that could make me matte all day. So I bought it, thinking it would be great. It was a very good powder, but about after three days of using it. I had little red bumps ALL over my face, they hurt and were very noticable. I knew it was the powder instantly. I stopped using it and the bumps went away the next day. I tried it again to see if it was a one time thing, but no, those painful bumps showed up again. So this is a good powder and all, but just not when im allergic to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MakeupNerd13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite powder of all time out of both drugstore and high end. It's amazing for the price that it is and to be honest I would pay more for it! The packaging could be better but considering the price I don't think you can complain... It keeps my face matte all day long with one quick top up and I have pretty oily skin but it doesn't leave you looking dusty or white, unless of course you cake yourself then I'm sure you will love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by MaiRN

I have a super oily t-zone and it can get worse throughout the day. This product keeps my t-zone nice and matte and is also a good product for touch ups throughout the day. My advice? DO NOT OVERDO IT!! It can definitely make you look cakey and can even wash out your blush or bronzer. I'm very fair and bought this in the translucent color and found that small dabs are enough. The packaging is horrible though but I put a rubber band around it when I travel because the top of the compact is so loose!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

I saw other reviews about people buying it for $6 but unfortunately in Australia it costs $13 which is double the price. But this powder is so good. Sometimes when I only use concealer+sunscreen and I could just put this over my t zone and my skin would look perfect all day. The only bad thing about this pressed powder is the packaging!! It's so bad! The lid falls off easily and so not very good for traveling.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by chrissadonner

Works pretty well as a blotting powder, however I don't like it for setting my makeup, as the matte finish doesn't last very long. I get pretty shiny in my t zone, nothing too extreme, which is why I find it odd I have completely different results from those on here with very oily skin, must just be my skin or something, but definitely worth checking out if you're in the market for a good blotting powder, however be careful if you have dry skin, might appear cakey/accentuate dry patches (as with any powder, really)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used other powders such as MAC blot, careblend, MUFE high def, Dior forever, Maybelline dream matte, etc. I've been loving this powder, mainly for oil control. It can look cakey if you apply too much. But for me, it really controls my oily t-zone throughout the day. Yes packaging sucks but for the price it does the job. I'm around NC25-30 and used Sandstorm. I've recently tried Translucent which works as well.
BTW, Riteaid is having 40% off Rimmel products this week so I stocked up on these for only $3.41

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by materialface

After seeing one of my fave youtube beauty gurus Pixi2woo rave about this powder and see her continuously using this powder to set her foundation, i knew I'd love it. We are both fair skinned with our problematic areas being our t zone.

love:
- the price: I bought it for $6 CAD and this is a great price for a powder. I do recall seeing this priced for $4.99 CAD but now its marked up. nontheless, still a good price.
- it is finely milled powder even though it's pressed. this helps give my face a flawless poreless finish
- i am hardly ever oily in my t zone now!!! I used to use my MAC natural skin finish over any foundation I use, then would use MAC blot powder for when I get oily but I havent reached for either for the past 5 days since i bought Stay Matte powder!!! That says a lot.
- does NOT cake on your face. Mind you, I bought this in translucent but even my MAC blot powder with close to no color in it would make my forehead a bit cakey sometimes.

con:
- the packaging.... I must say I HATE the packaging. It's cute when you have it just sitting on your vanity, but when traveling, the cover does NOT stay on, and the label on mine will be rubbed/scratched off soon which I hate :( Rimmel's bronzers also come in this packaging which is a pain also.

regardless of my one con, this powder is AMAZIIIIIING. I've been wanting to buy Chanel's translucent loose powder but after buying this recently, rimmel stay matte is my current HG powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by elisejarnved

I actually used this for awhile, but suddenly realized it wasn't good on my skin. It made my bumpy skin more noticable, it looked powdery very fast, i really nejeded a light hand. But omg i could not take the smell!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by AwsElle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

One word: Amazing! I had heard so many amazing things about this powder and even though I had serious doubts about how well a drugstore powder would compare to high end brands, I decided that it was definitely worth a try since it is so affordable - even if it was horrible it wouldn't break the bank. I will never spend over $50 on powder ever again! This is the only powder that has ever kept me shine free all day long (at least 8 hours without having to blot or re-apply)! The only negatives about this product is that the packaging since the lid falls off so easily.