January 29, 2015 | 1969 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the only product I have hit the pan on! I use it religiously.

I have the lightest shade that isn't translucent, and though it is pigmented, it just adds that tiny extra amount of coverage. I never looked overly-powdered or cake-y. Though I'm sure with a heavier hand, it does have the ability to be cake up.

I have combination skin, and with my foundation, I tend to look very shiny and borderline oily. Stay Matte instantly mattifies any of those shiny areas. It's ideal for lightly brushing throughout the T-Zone. Good for putting over concealer too if you have acne.

The big problem I have with it was the extremely flimsy packaging. The top comes off way too easily and cracked in two without me even being rough with it. It is now currently being held together by duct tape.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Xbabiecee

This has been an excellent pressed powder that leaves my face matte for hours. However I've come to realize that every time I use this, I get little raised bumps on my face. This led to a massive breakout (mind you, I have oily acne probe skin). I guess everyone's skin acts differently to different products. I'm still in search for my holy grail pressed powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've repurchased this many times, so I guess that means I really like it! It doesn't leave me cakey, even though it is matte and I am dry. I like to dab a kabuki brush in it and tap it around my face after foundation / bb cream. It seems to work better than all other DS powders I've tried. I like this and Coty Airspun a lot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS:
*the price was very decent, cost me only 4 bucks at Walmart.
*DID NOT cause me to break out which some matte powders tend to do to me.
*DID control my oil in my t-zone.

CONS:
*contains Talc, which is being known to not be one of the best ingredients for the skin. Can be irritating and cause acne.
*looks ashy and cakey on me
*horrible color selection, the most colors I've seen at any store in my area was 4 and I ended up just having to pick one that was a bit too light for me and just warmed it up with bronzer.
*I wish there was mirror in the compact to do touchups throughout the day. Also it just has a plastic top that tends to come off in my makeup bag a lot. Not very secure.
*Most of the colors I have found have most pink undertones, I am yellow so you can imagine how awkward that can look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by booboocubxoxo

Pretty good setting powder , just apply with a light hand and after foundation is fully set so it doesnt cake up !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is my all time favorite setting powder. I've used it for over a year a I rarely use any product consistently. It keeps my skin matte and helps my makeup last longer. Be careful not to use too much or you will look cakey!! I hate the packaging but it's so cheap I don't care. I have combo skin so not sure if this would work the same for oily people but it works great for me. I have already repurchased!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an "okay" product. It's not horrible but not something to write home about either. I bought it after seeing it was highly recommended in the youtube beauty community. It didn't do anything great for my oily skin and it has a tendency to look cakey if you don't apply it lightly enough. I've found that Covergirl Advanced Radiance Powder works a lot better for my oily skin as it doesn't slide as much as this does. But if you are on a tight budget or need something in a jiffy - I'd go with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by merexoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on my second pan, and I can't get enough of it! Super affordable, and I like it better than Make up Forever's pressed powder. The only thing I'd recommend when purchasing this product, jump up a shade, so you won't be washed out. Also, you don't need a ton for matte skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

I have been using this powder for about 8 years and must have gone through so many! I have tried other more expensive brands but have always come back to this eventually. Just stops shine really well and is easy to carry around for touch ups throughout the day. Will never stop repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sreyes21

This has become my HG powder. I have tried many in hopes that they would help control the shine on my face and most have failed. I first heard about Rimmel Stay Matte while watching a beauty guru on youtube and she explained why she loved this powder, so I decided that I had to try! I was happy to see that it was very inexpensive, just in case I didn't like it I would at least know that I didn't waste a lot of money!

I'm glad I tried it. I LOVE it. The powder gives me a matte/silky finish that doesn't look cakey. My skin looks smooth, and the product has a mildly pleasant smell. And it really does control the shine on my face. Before this product, my face would be a greasy mess within a couple of hours after applying my face makeup. Now I don't have to touch up as much. The only complaint I have is that I hate the packaging. It would be nice if it was an actual compact with a mirror instead of the translucent twist-on lid. The lid comes off a little too easily, but other than that I think this is an excellent product at an amazing price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No