Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 8/13/2013 10:26:00 PM

A few months ago, I went to the store to buy this powder (for the first time). The sales associate convinced me that an expensive brand of mineral powder would be a better choice, since I rarely wear foundation in the summer. Well, I hated that mineral powder, and after 8 weeks I went back to buy the Rimmel. I really like it. I bought Transparent. It goes on soft, matte, and natural looking, with very good staying power. (Today it lasted through a 3 hour car ride, 1 hour ferry crossing, and setting up camp in hot, humid weather.) It even helps tone down the redness on my cheeks. I do wear it with a primer, so that helps, too, but the primer alone or with another powder is not nearly as effective.
Stay Matte only loses a lippy due to the crap packaging. However, I'm sure the cheap packaging keeps the powder cheap, too.

on 8/11/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome product!! I have oily skin and this is perfect for me!

on 8/10/2013 11:07:00 PM

I have pretty oily skin and this is the only powder I've found that controls my oil! I don't need to touch up throughout the day. The only downfall is, it can look a bit cakey. This can easily be fixed by brushing the excess powder away with a kabuki brush.

on 8/10/2013 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in a Transparent shade. The product claimed that this is matte. Yes my face looked matte right after I applied this powder, but after 2 or 3 hours my face looks so oily, especially on my T-zone area :( But I don't blame this powder, probably it's my face just too oily. I've seen so many girls loves this product, I also noticed that Tanya Burr from youtube said so many times that she loves this. Oh and the packaging, you need to be careful if you'd bring this everywhere, cuz the cap can't closed tightly.

on 8/10/2013 5:06:00 AM

this is a very bad product. i have an oily t zone and no matter how great/mattifying the powders i use are, i need to blot within 4 hours of applying my makeup - this rimmel powder did not even last me one hour. very bad packaging, powder grains are coarse, and cakes my face up without keeping it matte.

this does not deserve all the hype.

on 8/9/2013 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had really high hopes when i got this. I was so excited to try it from all the good things i heard ' but sadly it was a fail. I have a really oily tzone nd it gets on my glasses nd it feels horrible. I gave this a try and i cant say it even lasted an hr. the oil broke through so quick. So again im on a search for something to save me.

on 8/7/2013 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Translucent shade.The reason I bought this product was because I heard a lot of good things about it. I had really high hopes for it, especially because of its claims on the product label. I have very oily skin, and as any other fellow oily skin person would know, we have looked far and wide for something that would keep us matte. As soon as I broke the seal and opened it, right away you can smell how heavily fragranced it is. I tried to overlook that aspect but once I picked it up with the brush, the smell traveled with it. I applied it in my T-zone and it looked ok, its smooth and it blends well. However, I only lasted an hour before I had to blot my face. Do not reapplying this product in this shade if you are medium to dark skin tone. This shade is not 100% "Translucent." It will leave you looking white, I unfortunately, had to find out the hard way.

This is a good powder. It keeps my face matte and isn't heavy. I also like that it doesn't add any color to my face. It's also really affordable for the amount that you get. The only downside is that the packaging is really horrible. The lid is extremely loose and I don't like that the lid is completely removable. I much prefer a flip up type lid just for ease. The only thing that is keeping me from repurchasing this powder is the horrible cheap packaging. I find it really inconvenient. If they changed that I'd definitely re-buy.

on 8/4/2013 12:07:00 AM

This powder is fine for the price, but its not the best at all! it does make your face matte, but it also makes your face look like makeup is caked on. I WOULD NOT REPURCHASE

on 8/1/2013 5:44:00 PM

dirt cheap, blends beautifly, it doesnt make me look cakey at all.
offers coverage! its matifying and keeps the oil under control, my skin is very oily and this works wonders for me! try it out, this is one of my favorite setting powders by far