Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 6/25/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Have the first ingredients always been talc and mica? I used to use this on a daily basis with no problem, but I just bought a new compact and it broke me out like crazy. Horrible, painful, deep cystic acne. Really disappointed, I used to love this stuff :(

Good, but not as epic as people claim. I bought this powder a few years ago as my Very First Makeup Product at age fourteen. I had never heard of it or read any reviews, I just knew my skin was oily and I needed a powder, so I picked this one up because it was cheap.

The mattifying effect is strong, but since I have combo skin it isn't particularly flattering to my dry patches. It keeps my t-zone matte for maybe four hours.

I honestly think some people just bought this product because they'd heard the hype from someone else because its just like every other powder ive used thats claimed to mattify the skin, it simply didn't work. I found it cakey over my foundation and after two hours my skin was tacky and oily again, ive applied this product sometimes three times during the day and i don't think its special at all.I was expecting this product to be a lot better with all the hype, won't be buying again.

on 6/23/2013 7:37:00 PM

I have oil, acne prone skin - and I love this powder. A light layer of this and I don't find myself using an oil sheet for 3 or 4 hours

Packaging is awful and you really can't take it with you, if you drop it from a foot or two above it will all crumble - but I just keep mine at home so I have no problem with it

If you want a pigmented powder, this isn't for you - but it IS a fantastic matte finishing powder to help keep your foundation in place

on 6/21/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While I would love to invest in meteorites, this is in my price range. I'm all for price and three to four hour blot time, also transparent is also pretty much that. Even if it does contain coconut oil, I haven't noticed my usual rashes and redness worsening as I'm allergic. The container is bad but for the price, put a hair tie around it, problem solved. At least its not wasteful bulky packaging with a cruddy brush or floppy sponge! Be warned about how you apply it. It works best in downward sweeping motions with a very soft, fluffy brush. I tried to pat it in with the elf powder brush and it was cake up city. Less is definitely more. Most probably won't buy again as there are so many other lovelies to try, and I'm not the most loyal lover. :-)

on 6/21/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Duration- I have been using this powder for 3 months.

Price- Super cheap at the drugstore!

Packaging- It's a little on the cheap side. The lid can pop off if thrown into a bag.

Shade- I am in #11 creamy natural. Perfect!

Coverage- Light.

Finish- Matte all the way. It can look a bit cakey if too much is applied.

Oil control- It keeps my skin oil free for hours!

Other- It doesn't break me out.

Conclusion- This is a nice option, but there are powders that are less cakey and provide more coverage.

on 6/20/2013 4:43:00 PM

I tied this after all the rav reviews from bloggers on You Tube etc but it just didnt agree with me. My skin is combo-oily with occasional dehydration. This just sat blotchy on my skin for some reason. Shame as it does get good reviews and is a great price and colour.

on 6/19/2013 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

As an oily-skinned individual who's always rushing in the morning to cover up my acne scars (which is so much faster than applying more liquid foundation), I go through powder faster than any other makeup product. Because of the cheap price and large size, I decided to give this powder a try.

Despite some doubt, I chose shade #004 (Sandstorm) after reading other reviews (I'd guess myself to be NC25-30) and noticing that the next shade down had a cooler undertone. Granted, the packaging isn't the greatest, but I didn't mind too much as the only makeup product I carry around with me (if at all) is lipstick/lipgloss. When I applied the powder, I noticed the slightly gritty texture and the lack of pigment, and that even when I applied an initial light layer, it made my face ashy. Of course, this wasn't enough to mattify my face or cover up my scars, so I used more, and naturally, my face became paler in appearance. In a matter of a few weeks I began making a dent in the product and after a few more weeks I hit the pan (which I realized was quite shallow), and with that the powder cracked into countless pieces, making this a terrible choice for those who carry powder on the go. As well, this is a testament to adage "quality over quantity"... I was fooled by the large size of the pan and the amount of product, which took me about a month and a half to finish. By comparison, I've used powders that come in smaller amounts, but because they had more pigment and were more finely milled, they took a longer time to go through.

Rimmel emphasizes the mattifying power of this product, but for me, it was no better or worse than most other powders I have tried (I have yet to find my HG powder). Even after the oil started soaking up the product, my face still retained some of the ashy appearance from when I first applied it. Maybe I should try a darker shade, though I'm guessing I'll appear pink or orange if I do so, and moreoever, I don't plan on buying this powder again.

on 6/19/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

When I was starting to use makeup. I didn't have much experience or money. So this was a great dupe for any other pressed powder. My oily shine still seeped through my makeup but it is a great steal.

on 6/19/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've bought this multiple times. It's dirt cheap, easy to find and the shade selection is a plus! I hate hate hate the packaging though. Impossible to travel with. I'm not impressed with the ingredients. It is mattifying and works very well but there are SO many preservatives in this powder it's a little ridiculous. I also read coconut oil as an ingredient so it's not oil free. This didn't interfere with my fairly oily skin so I'm not too bothered.

I'd love it more if there weren't so many preservatives. Otherwise, a great product for less than $4 and readily available at Walmart.

Video Reviews & Tutorials