Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 6/19/2013 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

As an oily-skinned individual who's always rushing in the morning to cover up my acne scars (which is so much faster than applying more liquid foundation), I go through powder faster than any other makeup product. Because of the cheap price and large size, I decided to give this powder a try.

Despite some doubt, I chose shade #004 (Sandstorm) after reading other reviews (I'd guess myself to be NC25-30) and noticing that the next shade down had a cooler undertone. Granted, the packaging isn't the greatest, but I didn't mind too much as the only makeup product I carry around with me (if at all) is lipstick/lipgloss. When I applied the powder, I noticed the slightly gritty texture and the lack of pigment, and that even when I applied an initial light layer, it made my face ashy. Of course, this wasn't enough to mattify my face or cover up my scars, so I used more, and naturally, my face became paler in appearance. In a matter of a few weeks I began making a dent in the product and after a few more weeks I hit the pan (which I realized was quite shallow), and with that the powder cracked into countless pieces, making this a terrible choice for those who carry powder on the go. As well, this is a testament to adage "quality over quantity"... I was fooled by the large size of the pan and the amount of product, which took me about a month and a half to finish. By comparison, I've used powders that come in smaller amounts, but because they had more pigment and were more finely milled, they took a longer time to go through.

Rimmel emphasizes the mattifying power of this product, but for me, it was no better or worse than most other powders I have tried (I have yet to find my HG powder). Even after the oil started soaking up the product, my face still retained some of the ashy appearance from when I first applied it. Maybe I should try a darker shade, though I'm guessing I'll appear pink or orange if I do so, and moreoever, I don't plan on buying this powder again.

on 6/19/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

When I was starting to use makeup. I didn't have much experience or money. So this was a great dupe for any other pressed powder. My oily shine still seeped through my makeup but it is a great steal.

on 6/19/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've bought this multiple times. It's dirt cheap, easy to find and the shade selection is a plus! I hate hate hate the packaging though. Impossible to travel with. I'm not impressed with the ingredients. It is mattifying and works very well but there are SO many preservatives in this powder it's a little ridiculous. I also read coconut oil as an ingredient so it's not oil free. This didn't interfere with my fairly oily skin so I'm not too bothered.

I'd love it more if there weren't so many preservatives. Otherwise, a great product for less than $4 and readily available at Walmart.

on 6/19/2013 11:30:00 AM

Excellent powder! It does what it claims: Matifies and lasts. Also, it doesn't look powdery (I always use a light hand) and I might be seeing things, but I think it minimized the appearance of my pores. So, if you have oily or combination skin, try this!
Just for reference, I'm NC30 and I have this in Sandstorm, very good match (not that it provides much coverage).
I haven't been using git much lately because the weather and dermatological treatment are making my skin dry and flaky, but normally I'm combination and this is a life saver.
The only con is the package, which is really bad. I wouldn't mind the lack of mirror or sponge, but at least the top should close properly, and it simply doesn't, so, I keep it at home. Being able to carry it in my bag would be handy, the only reason why I'm taking a lippy off.

on 6/19/2013 10:40:00 AM

This is my favorite powder. It gets rid of the shine and doesn't leave a powdery residue. It is my second one, and I will buy it again and again.

on 6/15/2013 7:04:00 AM

Keeps my makeup matte all day without having to touch it up and minimises the appearance of pores without breaking me out! Amazing powder- would definitely recommend it.

on 6/14/2013 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This powder gives a light coverage, it does even out skin out a little if you wear it alone. It is also very big! it lasted me 2 years to finish one. However, this powder just sits on top of your skin and make you look like you have makeup on your face. i have really oily skin and this doesn't keep me matte for long.

on 6/13/2013 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product really does keep your face matte. I would not use this product by itself on the skin as I would my Mac compact but it's perfect for an everyday setting powder over foundation. I actually use it over my loreal bb cream and my makeup lasts. Not expensive at all about 4-5 bucks.

on 6/11/2013 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My HG powder! It does exactly what it claims to do; matte finish for hours with minimized pores. This powder is a bit more chalky than a lot of powders I've tried but it goes on so smoothly. It will only look chalky on your skin if you don't moisturize how you're supposed to before putting on makeup. What amazes me the most about this powder is that it makes me look COMPLETELY PORELESS. Like I have perfect, smooth, bright, poreless skin. its insane. I never ever ever go through powders because I get bored quickly if they don't work well, however I've hit pan with this one many times. You can't beat the price either, $4 at Target & Walmart. Many people have complained about the packaging but it doesn't bother me one bit. I like how compact it is, I don't care about it not having a brush because those usually suck anyway, and not having a mirror is fine because I touch up in a bathroom usually. also, the lid has never come off, even while traveling. TRY THIS! p.s. I used to have really bad acne in my middle school days and this didn't break me out once.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I have very oily skin and it lasted throughout the day! It remove oils andmake skin feel very soft!

Video Reviews & Tutorials