April 21, 2014 | 1017 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by LoveAngelMusicBaby

Mmmmmmm... me love vanilla!! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by fashion_939

One of my HG's. LOVE this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2005 8:32:00 PM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So sad, i had such high hopes for this one. I was lucky enough to get a very generous decant in a swap and ive smelt this before in the department store but never actually sprayed it on me. It smelled very nice onthe little paper tester strip, but once i tried the decant,well you've heard it before. Root beer with a playdoh drydown. So sad. You cant win em all i guess. *shrug*

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

2-1/2 lippie rating. Jasmine, moss, almond, caraway, sandelwood, oakmoss, vanilla, musk and cedar. Those are the notes as listed on Scentiments. Too bad the cedar and jasmine didn't come into play on my skin. On me Hypnotic Poison is very musty. It turns to almost pure musk with my chemistry. Not hypnotic enough to purchase a bottle. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 5:56:00 PM More reviews by alaskanbeauty

Hello kitty! Wow! VERY HYPNOTIC indeed. Men LOVE THIS. Vanilla lovers, this is *it* This is a must have for sure! Sephora explains the notes as "Jasmine, bitter almond and vanilla"... I never thought I really liked Jasmine. I don't really even smell the jasmine. I smell seductive vanilla and musk- must be the bitter almond and vanilla combo. I seriously love the vanilla in this. It's grown up, not really foody but I do get a tad of rootbeer that others have commented on. It's not stong like others mentioned (UNLESS you spray too much), I mean it is but not stong in a bad way. I spray my arms twice, and then I do a walk through spray with my clothes on. Beautiful fragrance. I smell it on my clothes the very next day. Lasts and lasts. I love the name by the way and the bottle looks so good in my bathroom cupboard. It's a little red bottle that reminds me of an apple with a black cap. Love it. HG STATUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2005 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Zeljana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this one :) It makes me feel like I'm wrapped in a warm blanket on a cold winter day. The almond note is wonderful! This fragrance has a really nice drydown. I like oriental/spicy stuff but this one is special and comforting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2005 12:35:00 AM More reviews by AmandaPanda

My cousin gave me a full bottle of this not too long ago because she hated it. I'm glad she did because I love this scent. It's VERY strong, so when I apply it, I do the spray and walk through action.

The beginning of the scent is overpowering. It's a strong musky spicy vanilla scent that I'm sure keeps people from buying. However, the drydown is a powdery vanilla. It's a comforting scent. It also lasts a long time on me. I like to spray a little on my pillows.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2005 8:40:00 PM More reviews by chirpster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! When I bought a bottle, I was so anxious to try it (after all the reviews!) that I sprayed it as soon as I got in my car. Well, it leaked and got all over the place, and this was in August...YOWEE--HP and August heat and enclosed spaces do NOT mix well, and for a while I couldn't stand the smell of it. Then I tried it again--on ME this time, not my car upholstry, and loved it! I had to learn how to get just the right amount--this stuff is strong!!! I spray on a cotton ball, then dab a tiny bit on myself and it's perfect. None of the notes are really identifiable, except maybe the coconut and a tad of vanilla. The rest is just sort of a really nice mix on my skin. No men following me around yet, but I'll keep trying...
EDIT: ended up swapping it. It's just too strong and cloying. I like the scent but was afraid I was gagging everyone within a mile radius.
EDIT again: two years later I wanted to try it again and got a sample, then a full bottle. It seems much, much less potent than the original formulation, and maybe a little less interesting. Now it smells very gourmand-y, so I don't reach for it very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 7:41:00 PM More reviews by alicjakrol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this fragrance! It is the best and one of the few that smells good on me! Great bottle shape, sensual scent that has a hint of vanilla that is not overwhelming at all. I use it everyday. It might be expensive but soooo worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 6:10:00 PM More reviews by sunshine6

I love this perfume! It's smells sexy and very unique..
However, it's way too expensive! So I don't buy it very often. Only use it on special occasions.