Dior Hypnotic Poison

On me the EdT starts off with 5 minutes of wonderfull, wellblended sweet and nutty vanilla scent with a hint of coconut (strangely, there is no coconut in the ingredient list). But it dries down too fast, and ends up too dry and I'm left with only vanilla/musk. The staying power is not so good either, not on my skin. But sprayed on my clothes it lingers also the next day.
Too bad, because it smells divine on other women, just like how it smells on me when its newly sprayed. I guess it doesn't work its magic on me....UPDATE: After ten minutes of wearing it, I don't smell the perfume anymore. The scent just vanishes, and I could easily spray a couple of spritzes more. But I don't. I've discovered that even if I can't smell it on me anymore there is proof that others can. I can hear them think in silence. And they keep close to me. This doesn't happen if I wear any other scent, just HP. I wish I could smell it on myself.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

How come I don't like this? Everybody else does! It's to fake sweet for me. I usually love CD fragrances.

Oh Hypnotic Poison, how I love thee. I'd always avoided sampling it due to my dislike of the original Poison; but my curiousity got the better of me, after seeing two women at Sephora passing a bottle of it back and forth, like an...illegal substance in smokable form. I was immediately smitten and bought a small bottle, and ordered the body lotion from Sephora online when I got home. I wish they offered an edp!

Gorgeous scent...on me, it's barely sweet vanilla and almond, and morphs very little. I don't detect any floral. What a wonderful, lingering drydown! Sweet, but not too sweet. Surprisingly sexy. I never would have thought such a seemingly simple blend could be so...well, hypnotic. Even Hubby, a notorious perfume hater, likes it.

Oh, I forgot to add that this is MUCH lighter than I had anticipated for a Dior fragrance. I can wear HP even in the morning, when most scents are just too much for me, with no problem at all. I could still detect it, just a faint delicious whiff, this morning after having applied it 12 hours before. LOVE.

Sexy and wonderful is how you feel when you wear this. Everyone is saying it smells sweet but it doesn't get that way on me- its vanilla-ish without being saccharine sweet. I suppose it sort of depends on your body chemistry though? Either way, I always say I am going to try something new but keep going back to this one because it just makes me feel GOOD! Highly recommended.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was in Ulta trying a bunch of different fragrances on the test strips and this was a standout. I also sprayed it on my wrist and loved it. I love how it's sweet without being cloying and yet has a bit of tartness. To me it smells sort of like cherries. I also tried the original Poison but wasn't crazy about that. I think the bottle design is pretty awesome too.

I have to start off by saying I didn't expect much from Hypnotic Poison, after smelling the original poison. Imagine my surprise when I tried it at my local Sears and loved it! People have compared it to the smell of playdoh and rootbeer and oddly enough, I can see that. It reminds me of the smell of raw cookie dough and this might sound sick, but cigars. Not to say that this is a foody smell as it's not. Although you can smell the warm rich vanilla, what really sticks out is the bitter almond. I really love this scent and this is the one fragrance I have that people always comment they've never smelled anything like it, but they love it. It's not a sweet smell and to be honest I don't really smell the white florals that it claims to have in it. It doesn't strike me as a feminine scent either I think a man could wear this and get compliments on it as well. As for the packaging, I thought the box was pretty, but I think the bottle is kind of ugly though. They do have it in a vial now that you can put in your purse that looks pretty cool. The EDT spray bottle I have is the 50ml one and it's just the same design as the others in the "Poison" line, but a dark red colour. I'd recommend this for winter or evening wear it's a bit too rich for summer. Unfortunately for me, after wearing this fragrance for three years I suddenly have developed an allergy to it. I would think it was something else, but I hadn't put on any fragrance the last time I went to the mall so I sprayed some on in Sears, same allergic reaction. I guess it just developed over time. Which sucks because this is one of my top 3 fave scents.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hypnotic poison was recommended to me by a friend when I mentioned that I was looking for a powdery, honeyed fragrance that was not heavy or cloying.
I ended up getting a sample vial at Sephora and did not care for the scent at all at first, finding it a bit medicinal smelling. However, the next day I couldn't stop smelling my jacket that had the remnant scent on it! It was very intoxicating and warm in a non-traditional way.
My husband commented that he wanted to buy it for me because he loved the way it smelled, so of course we got it! I get compliments on this scent all the time, total strangers ask what Im wearing on a regular basis.
It is a very unique scent, not too sweet and not too bitter. Very lovely and feminine.

ETA (1/2009): Is it just me or does everyone make a scent that smells similar to this now? I'm really tired of the notes, and they seem to appear in so many fragrances now. Bleh, done with this, it smells dated.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This fragrance is so warm, beautiful and unique. I can't stop smelling myself when I wear this--I feel grounded, but sexy at the same time. Absolutely intoxicating! Excuse me....HYPNOTIC!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this tonight. It's hard for me to describe the scent. My mom said it smelled like chocolate on my wrist but to me this reminds me of cool nights wearing a sweater. I am glad i bought it. it smells divine.
My mom said she could barely smell it not sure if that's a good thing or abad thing since i like people to smell me when i am wearing a new perfume. I also tried pure poison... i think i am going back to buy that one too since i wasn't sure at the store and now i am definately sorry i didn't buy it tonight as well.
I love the poisons my fave of course is the original poison,i got another bottle of that this week so i am on a perfume kick.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Play-doh! I really love this fragrance, and it doesn't invade my senses and give me a headache like a lot of them do. I'm totally against florals so this was great for me, the almond and vanilla really come through.
The only reason I won't repurchase is because someone I know wears it (a lot of it) now and it's grating on me. A beautiful fragrance when worn LIGHTLY though.

Popular Fragrances