January 30, 2015 | 1873 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2006 2:32:00 PM More reviews by thehils

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hypnotic poison was recommended to me by a friend when I mentioned that I was looking for a powdery, honeyed fragrance that was not heavy or cloying.
I ended up getting a sample vial at Sephora and did not care for the scent at all at first, finding it a bit medicinal smelling. However, the next day I couldn't stop smelling my jacket that had the remnant scent on it! It was very intoxicating and warm in a non-traditional way.
My husband commented that he wanted to buy it for me because he loved the way it smelled, so of course we got it! I get compliments on this scent all the time, total strangers ask what Im wearing on a regular basis.
It is a very unique scent, not too sweet and not too bitter. Very lovely and feminine.

ETA (1/2009): Is it just me or does everyone make a scent that smells similar to this now? I'm really tired of the notes, and they seem to appear in so many fragrances now. Bleh, done with this, it smells dated.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by dancelvr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This fragrance is so warm, beautiful and unique. I can't stop smelling myself when I wear this--I feel grounded, but sexy at the same time. Absolutely intoxicating! Excuse me....HYPNOTIC!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2006 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this tonight. It's hard for me to describe the scent. My mom said it smelled like chocolate on my wrist but to me this reminds me of cool nights wearing a sweater. I am glad i bought it. it smells divine.
My mom said she could barely smell it not sure if that's a good thing or abad thing since i like people to smell me when i am wearing a new perfume. I also tried pure poison... i think i am going back to buy that one too since i wasn't sure at the store and now i am definately sorry i didn't buy it tonight as well.
I love the poisons my fave of course is the original poison,i got another bottle of that this week so i am on a perfume kick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 11:24:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Play-doh! I really love this fragrance, and it doesn't invade my senses and give me a headache like a lot of them do. I'm totally against florals so this was great for me, the almond and vanilla really come through.
The only reason I won't repurchase is because someone I know wears it (a lot of it) now and it's grating on me. A beautiful fragrance when worn LIGHTLY though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2006 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a VERY unique fragrance. You either like it, or not. It is a strange scent, I admit it, but I like it alot. It's very comforting for me. My boyfriend really likes it. I don't like a flowery, or citrusy scent, so that eliminates alot of them out there. Someone stated, that the EDP, was discontinued, and only the EDT is being sold. Bummer, I can tell the difference, from when I first bought it, but I still like it enough to buy it. I am hoping, I can find my HG scent, but until then, this is serving it's purpose. I'm still of the mindset of, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but it's not necessary, to say something is "disgusting" or "toxic waste". That is insulting other people's tastes, who like it. Just say, "it's not for me."

EDIT: Although still buying this, they definitely tweaked the formula when they redesigned the bottle. To me it's still good, but weaker, and less depth to it. Supposedly, I heard Christian Dior is going to bring back the EDP to the U.S., but don't know when. I hope so, I liked it when it first came out better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2006 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Suriya

This has been my favorite fragrance for many years. It's intense and I love the smell of bitter almond. It also lasts long.
This is definitely an evening fragrance. It doesn't smell the same on me on hot summer days (I usually wear HP during fall, winter and the beginning of spring and wear a lighter scent during summer).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice, dark, powdery fragrance for an extravagant, elegant and passionate woman. However, believe it or not, Hypnotic Poison in EDP vanishes on my skin in less than two hours and you can't tell I put it on! On my Mom however, you just can't wash it out. Wonderful scent, but not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2006 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ksa05

This is a very unique scent, my boyfriend gave it to me as a gift after (he said he searched everywhere for a really nice sexy perfume for me). It has a very warm sensual smell and I would be best for evening or cold days. It lasts for one hell of along time, you can smell it on your clothes for days (good thing). I have had more compliments from men on this perfume, then any other I wear, but my female friends think its a little bit overpowering.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2006 9:09:00 PM More reviews by JustBreathe111

In reading this and other fragrance boards, I see Hypnotic Poison mentioned almost everytime someone inquires about sexy scents or what men like. I've been in the mood for a new romantic fragrance ever since I gave my boyfriend Dior Homme for Christmas. I went to Sephora to test HP. My first impression was Icy Hot, the pain relief ointment...similar to Ben-gay as someone else had already mentioned. I went on to try other fragrances after that. Still dismayed by the all the positive comments I read about HP, I went back a few days later to try solely this at wearing strength and with a fresh nose. Similar thing...Then within about 30 minutes of returning to the office, it smelled profoundly like Play-doh. I'm giving two lippies because now that I have had it on for 8 hours, I do get a nice but faint sultry vanilla scent when sniffing my wrist....too little too late :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2006 9:28:00 PM More reviews by valygirll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont really like it but it lasted the whole day for me when i sampled it at nordstrom.