December 21, 2014 | 1489 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 11:24:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Play-doh! I really love this fragrance, and it doesn't invade my senses and give me a headache like a lot of them do. I'm totally against florals so this was great for me, the almond and vanilla really come through.
The only reason I won't repurchase is because someone I know wears it (a lot of it) now and it's grating on me. A beautiful fragrance when worn LIGHTLY though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2006 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a VERY unique fragrance. You either like it, or not. It is a strange scent, I admit it, but I like it alot. It's very comforting for me. My boyfriend really likes it. I don't like a flowery, or citrusy scent, so that eliminates alot of them out there. Someone stated, that the EDP, was discontinued, and only the EDT is being sold. Bummer, I can tell the difference, from when I first bought it, but I still like it enough to buy it. I am hoping, I can find my HG scent, but until then, this is serving it's purpose. I'm still of the mindset of, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but it's not necessary, to say something is "disgusting" or "toxic waste". That is insulting other people's tastes, who like it. Just say, "it's not for me."

EDIT: Although still buying this, they definitely tweaked the formula when they redesigned the bottle. To me it's still good, but weaker, and less depth to it. Supposedly, I heard Christian Dior is going to bring back the EDP to the U.S., but don't know when. I hope so, I liked it when it first came out better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2006 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Suriya

This has been my favorite fragrance for many years. It's intense and I love the smell of bitter almond. It also lasts long.
This is definitely an evening fragrance. It doesn't smell the same on me on hot summer days (I usually wear HP during fall, winter and the beginning of spring and wear a lighter scent during summer).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice, dark, powdery fragrance for an extravagant, elegant and passionate woman. However, believe it or not, Hypnotic Poison in EDP vanishes on my skin in less than two hours and you can't tell I put it on! On my Mom however, you just can't wash it out. Wonderful scent, but not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2006 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ksa05

This is a very unique scent, my boyfriend gave it to me as a gift after (he said he searched everywhere for a really nice sexy perfume for me). It has a very warm sensual smell and I would be best for evening or cold days. It lasts for one hell of along time, you can smell it on your clothes for days (good thing). I have had more compliments from men on this perfume, then any other I wear, but my female friends think its a little bit overpowering.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2006 9:09:00 PM More reviews by JustBreathe111

In reading this and other fragrance boards, I see Hypnotic Poison mentioned almost everytime someone inquires about sexy scents or what men like. I've been in the mood for a new romantic fragrance ever since I gave my boyfriend Dior Homme for Christmas. I went to Sephora to test HP. My first impression was Icy Hot, the pain relief ointment...similar to Ben-gay as someone else had already mentioned. I went on to try other fragrances after that. Still dismayed by the all the positive comments I read about HP, I went back a few days later to try solely this at wearing strength and with a fresh nose. Similar thing...Then within about 30 minutes of returning to the office, it smelled profoundly like Play-doh. I'm giving two lippies because now that I have had it on for 8 hours, I do get a nice but faint sultry vanilla scent when sniffing my wrist....too little too late :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2006 9:28:00 PM More reviews by valygirll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont really like it but it lasted the whole day for me when i sampled it at nordstrom.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 11:23:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If I ever find this on deep discount I will buy it. I love it on occasion, but today it made my headache worse. Really, really strong and long lasting. Sometimes I get a Play-do vibe from this, sometimes root beer, sometimes a cozy fire. For love/hate, I can't pay full price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2005 9:53:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the nicest vanilla-based scents I have tried. It's not foody at all and I don't get root-beer or play-doh either, luckily. What I can smell is a warm, luscious vanilla with plenty of sandalwood and cedar to balance it out. There is also a hint of bitter almond, but not much jasmine to my nose. Very soft and feminine on me, but I wouldn't want it to be any sweeter! It lasts well and is very snuggly! A good one for the winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2005 1:22:00 PM More reviews by magnificent

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HYPNOTIC & BITTERSWEET. Very sexy ultra-feminine masterpiece by Dior!!!