December 18, 2014 | 1652 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's pretty similar to the go-fresh cucumber-y soap. But this...smells...bad. The "granny" smell bothers me a lot. Otherwise, my mom tried it too. She found that it irritated her sensitive skin, probably because of the perfume that's in it. Won't repurchase.

If you like this soap, you can buy it at Costco for cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Ginee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this soap! Its great because you can use it on your face and body if your in a rush or forgot your facewash or ran out. It doesnt leave your skin feeling sticky but feeling soft and silky. Yet it is on the expensive side of soap.

EDIT: It stopped working for me, something in the soap doesnt agree with my skin, it causes painful pimples, but i love it on my body, i wont purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by jenniferc328

This is the only soap that works well with my sensative skin, plus it's incredibly moisturizing. My bf compliments me constantly on how soft my skin is. I use the cucumber green tea scented soap or this one. I have used it for years and will continue to purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by AbyGail

I am actually dependent on this product,if i wash my hands with anything else my skin will get all dry and grungy,which i think is a response to all the stuff in usual soaps...but this is the only one that doesn't so i guess i'll be using it for the rest of my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Jenn09

I liked this for my body but it really dried my skin on my face out and thats what I had bought it for. It wasnt like I went broke buying this but I use shower gel for my body. It smelled great but unfortunaly dried my face out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

I have been using this soap since I was little. I use this to wash my face every morning, and I see my skin showing improvement. I have strayed and have tried fancier facial cleansers, but none of them do a better job than Dove. I have also tried the cucumber, beach and grapefruit scents of Dove and I like them all. After washing my face, my skin doesn't feel tight, just clean. Great soap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG soap!! I love this stuff! I get SOOO many compliments on how soft my skin is and I have this to thank!! It is so moisturizing and its not chockful-o'-chemicals or anything...I put this on underneath my shavegel and it really makes my razor glide!! I also wash some of this soap in between my hands and gently rub my closed eyes with it, keeping my eye area soft and youthful looking....LOVE LOVE LOVE this soap and cant' get enough of it! I buy it from Sam's club...
UPDATE years later: Still adore this bar, and after using the Dove Sensitive Skin bar for a few years, I have come back to this and my skin is finally no longer dry but rather smooth and soft!! I don't know what is in the sensitive bar that makes it less soothing, but this original beauty bar will remain my staple, so I'm so glad I rediscovered its amazingness again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is my family's "standard" bath soap. I'll occasionally buy Olay soaps and I find the Dove and Olay soaps to be very similar. This is quite inexpensive and a lot better than the dirt cheap Ivory/Jergens soaps. It's more moisturizing and smells nicer, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ias23

dove soaps are the only soap i use except for my whitening soap.. these soaps are moisturizing even on delicate areas, feels really light and soft plus the scents are lovely.. i dont mind if it's fragrance free or not, they does the same thing for me since i have a sensitive and dry skin..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using Dove Beauty Bar for as long as I can remember. This is the only soap that is moisturizing for all skin types, yet gentle enough for babies (beside Johnson & Johnson, of course!)delicate skin. Also recommended by dermatologists for those who suffer from eczema. My entire family uses only Dove and nothing else. This makes for a great facial wash as well!!!