July 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2006 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Daredash2006

NW20. I'd have probably given this foundation another shot in ligher shade, if it wasn't for the steep price. It kinda set there on me, not for too long while I counted all my enlarged pores in mirror. Will not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2006 7:19:00 PM More reviews by clover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Where do I begin with this foundation? Let's start with the positive (what little there is). When I first bought this foundation and applied it with my MAC foundation brush (which is another story all together, a complete HG if there ever was one) I liked the finish it gave my skin. I wore MAC's Prep + Prime Skin underneath and it really did seem to give my skin a very flawless look. I'm used to wearing a heavier coverage foundation, I'd say this is medium coverage. But even while being a medium coverage foundation, I felt (at first) that it did a nice job of covering up imperfections.

As the day wore on my opinion of this product *drastically* changed. First of all, the shade (NW30) that the MAC SA recommended was all kinds of wrong once I stepped into natural light. My skin is very oily as well, so the foundation just got horribly darker and, dare I say it, *ORANGE* as the day went on and my skin got progressively more oily. Also, the lasting power is awful. I feared touching my face at all, even *gently* for fear that it would just sort-of squish around and get all streaky. I had to apply Blot powder at least four times to control shine (not entirely the foundations fault, but I digress).

Overall, I was extremely disappointed with this product. I really like MAC for blushes, shadows and brushes. Their face makeup, however, leaves much to be desired.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2006 11:29:00 PM More reviews by dark_star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very displeased when I went out and spent an arm & a leg for this horrid foundation & the foundation brush. The only good purchase was the MAC Blot. So anyhow I walk out spending $70 for a foundation that when applied, just sat there on top of my skin and felt mask-like. If you're looking to cover up redness, DO NOT BUY MAC. They say you can double up on the foundations and thats BULL!!!! It felt like my skin couldn't breathe!!! I will never purchase any MAC Face products again!!!! Since then, I've found Bare Escentuals... IT'S A GOD-SEND!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nice medium coverage, natural looking everyday foundation. I use NC30. I have combo/oily skin and I'm 35 now, so I don't want a foundation that has too much talc or silica to settle into fine lines. I also don't want a heavy or masky look. This doesn't make my skin oily, look dry and it covers in a very natural way and gives a "my skin but better" look- a little dewy and healthy. Coverage is buildable and can look flawless with use of the foundation brush. I'm also thrilled it has SPF in it, in case I want to use a moisturizer underneath that doesn't have SPF, I can go ahead. Downside is the glass bottle packaging- squeeze tube would be easier to use and more sanitary. Will probably repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2006 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ratfink1818

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff looked terrible on me. Although the color matched wonderfully, the product itself was very streaky and did not blend into my skin at all. It just sat on top and didn't cover anything. It also caused me to break out a little bit... back to the store it went!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am used to the light feeling & natural look of MAC Face & Body so Select felt so heavy & mask-like! Didn't feel at all natural. Went back to my HG Face and Body and can breathe a sign of relief - I feel natural again and not self-conscious that everyone can see all that cakey make-up on my skin. Would not recommend this product for gals who are looking for something more like a TM.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2006 4:41:00 AM More reviews by jenni1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have been using this foundation for about 1 year and recently just decided to change as I feel it doesn't last very long and rubs off quite easily.
Also I have had acne on my chin for the past year and am now wondering if its the foundation that is causing this.
I heard off a makeup advisor friend that MAC are well known for causing breakouts! Not sure but will update later.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 7:26:00 PM More reviews by bones_skin_n_harmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you ever get this foundation, be sure to buy the pump at the freestanding or any MAC store. I apply it with a foundation brush (#190) for an even flawless look, and even it out with a sponge. It gives me a nice and healthy glow, but doesn't cover enough on my scars. But for scars, I just use a little bit of Studio Finish SPF 15 concealer or the Studio Stick Foundation underneath, and then set the foudation with loose powder or Studio Fix (very lightly, you don't want to clog your pores). I only need a dime size of it to cover my entire face. I used to work for MAC, and loved how this matched nearly every complexion. It blends perfectly!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Maginjira

The best thing about it is that its really the right tone for my skin (I am a darkish African with NW45 skin) and I dont look like am wearing a mask. Its very easy to apply and quite light. The worst is that I just hate the way it rubs off on every thing and it doesnt was very easily so I doubt if its not clogging my pores. Try it if you want but go for samples if you can otherwise its too expensive to throw away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2006 6:55:00 AM More reviews by patpatpat

Took advantage of the Duty Free at the airport a few weeks back and bought this in NC30. This is highly pigmented and coverage is good. No need for concealer and a little goes a long way. I don't wear foundation everyday normally but as I was on holiday, I did wear this for 2 full weeks. Didn't cause any breakouts or any flaking. However will not buy again for the fact that it didn't feel very comfortable on my skin. Felt really dry after application and it required a lot of blotting of oil from about 2 hours onwards. Also the sa who tried to "assist" me wasn't very helpful at all. She wasn't able to identify what skin type I had or what shade matched my skin. (Also she had really bad skin herself... :P) Edit (31/01/06) - Had to add 1 lippie. My skin is liking this foundation more with each use. The staying power is great and oil control seem to have improved. May just be my general health is improving... hmmm... I don't know. But it works so I'll keep using it! Let's see how long I'll keep using it, cos I just ordered Kanebo Cream Finish... :P