April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2007 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Nivia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a longtime user of regular old Voluminous, even when I get angry at it for running under the eyes. I try other mascaras high and low and I still come back to Voluminous because they all run, don't they? Voluminous still has the best color, length, and thickening powers. I tried the Waterproof version, hoping it would resolve this issue. Are these even the same mascaras? I mean, where is my thickness and length? This doesn't come close to the regular Voluminous in those terms. It's extremely hard to build and I sacrificed my long, thick lashes for short stubby ones (of the same color, though). Wasn't nearly the same thing. Now for the big question, did it run? Yes it did, but it took hours, and it ran less and not as severely. So the question is, would I sacrifice glamorous lashes for stubby, non-runny ones? I think so, because 100% of my mascara use is daytime. I don't need to have a dramatic eye for the day. I can get by with short and stubby. It has run less than any other mascara I have recently tried. Really, there were just some black flakes under the eye after maybe ten hours. Nothing major. I think they all run or flake. I think it is just a matter of degree.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not bad. My first tube was awful Fast forward and try it again in July 2010 and it is much better. It gives the big bright eyes that I love. Seems to not smudge that much. It is a much drier and cleaner formula to work with than the non-waterproof kind. If I could marry this and my Lash Blast I would have the perfect mascara. This gives me a very dark, thick lash line, but not smooth strong lashes like LB gives me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_catastrophe521

bought it BOGO at CVS with lash out. wow. i'm tell you, i didn't believe the hype but this mascara really is the bomb. and trust me i've tried a million (maybe 5 diff maybellines, covergirl, badgal, stila, diorshow etc) i ahve to say this is def the best one with the best price. i cant believe drugstore mascaras can be 1/3 the price of high end mascaras and 3x as good as well. this mascara lengthens sooo much, and then adds a ton of volume. it's like a 2 step mascara without the annoying 2 steps (i was using l'oreal lash extend waterproof for awhile and it made my lashes brittle). It's hard to get off so i suggest a makeup removing cleanser (i use neutrogena fresh foaming), but it's waterproof so that's expected. there is no smudging unless i use cream eyeshadows but once again that's expected. honestly, this stuff makes my eyes just POP. and i have those typical "invisible" asian eyelashes too. but i curl my eyelashes and use this stuff (sometimes on top of lash out for EXTRA length) and it's just amazing. people ask my if i'm wearing false eyelashes =X next off: im going to try maybelline full and soft. that one has rave reviews

the only negatives? the tube is kinda ugly. i gave it a 2 on packaging quality. the lashout tube is even worse. if l'oreal made their tubes as good looking as maybelline they'd really be the best ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by christine_m

Clumps, clumps, clumps. Oh and SMUDGES! This stuff is a mess and I don't understand the good reviews. I'm going back to my Almay mascara, it's never steered me wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Sarahaparis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. I am a beauty junkie and I will never stray from this product. It lasts a long time, makes your lashes very long and very full. I have blonde, medium length lashes that need a lot of work to look full and wonderful: THIS DOES IT EVERYTIME. I've tried everything. Nothing is better. It's my HG product. A do-not-miss product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mascara sucks. even though its waterproof, it did not hold my curl that well. my curl fell after a few minutes. didnt do much in volumizing for my thin and sparse lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2006 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Boo! I usually have an easy time w/ mascara's and love L'Oreal's Voluminous regular, non-waterproof mascara; BUT this waterproof one is totally different. It clumps lashes right away and doesn't even give my lashes thickness or volume or length. I tried to get the clumps out immediately after applying w/ my lash comb and that didn't even separate the gobs. I threw it out, and wouldn't even swap it. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2006 1:12:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great mascara for day and night that won't run, flake or smear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Aerislanne

This is the best mascara I've ever used. Previously, I've tried CG Lash Exact, Maybelline Sky-High Curves, L'Oreal 3D-Architect, etc. All were pretty decent but flawed mascaras: Lash Exact didn't hold a curl, Sky-High Curves didn't volumise much, and 3D-Architect flaked on me as the tube got older.

I've never had a problem with it clumping, smudging, or flaking unless I've slept with it on. I work as a dancer, so I wear this every night- no damage to my lashes so far (fingers crossed!) and no problems with raccoon eyes either. It also holds a curl, which is quite a feat - I usually curl with a Shiseido lash curler, and then brush this on. I've found that wearing this, letting it dry, then applying Lash Exact gives me incredible, thick AND long lashes. I have otherwise short, invisible Asian lashes, and this is my winning HG combination. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2006 3:36:00 AM More reviews by gelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favorite mascara ever! I have tried a lot of d/s mascara and was never really satisfied with any of them. I have tried h/e ones that I received in gwp but never found anything I loved. This however I love. I have long but super straight and not too sparse lashes for as asian. I always have to curl my lashes before mascaras and most would take out the curl. I have to use waterproof formulas as it does hold the curl so much better than regular formulas. I did get the regular formula for Voluminous first and it didn't work out but the waterproof is 100X better for me. Holds the curl all day, and gives me longer looking lashes. No smudging at all. I repurchase all the time when they go on sale.