L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

on 3/22/2007 8:17:00 PM

Holds a curl quite well and does not smear or flake. Definitely not nearly as volumizing as the regular Voluminous. This formula thickens a little bit, but gets clumpy if you apply even one coat, so make sure you have your lash comb handy. "Takes" to my heated lash curler (Panasonic--love!) well, too, which has not been the case with most other L'Oreal mascaras. The "Very Black" is very black indeed and the texture is pretty well balanced between wet and dry/waxy.

This is my favorite L'Oreal mascara, just because it actually holds a curl (important because I have fine, stick-straight lashes that go down under the weight of mascara pretty easily). Otherwise, doesn't come close to unseating my Maybelline Full & Soft (also waterproof) as my HG everyday mascara. I'll use up my tube but I doubt I'll repurchase--it's a decent mascara by my standards, but not great.

continued >>

on 3/22/2007 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Doesn't pump as much volume into my lashes as the original formula, definetely goes on differently.. but once dry, totally waterproof! I used this mascara when I had swim meets and it didn't budge through the whole session. I don't use it on a daily basis but I reccommend it for anyone hitting up the beach or public pool and wants their mascara to stay put.

on 3/13/2007 4:50:00 AM

My favorite mascara, hands down. Regular mascara burns my eyes, and this one is the only thing I can use. It gives me transvestite lashes...which I sometimes tame with a metal lash rake thingy. People always ask me what mascara I use. Even my sister, and I always say...the same thing I have been using since 5th grade. About drying your lashes out- whatever. I use waterproof eye makeup remover (Clinique, Lancome or Paula's Choice). It's kinda oily, so it conditions them when I take the mascara off. Best mascara ever.

on 3/12/2007 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

No, no, no! This mascara didn't deliver the volume it promised! I know I applied 3 coats but my lashes looked no thicker than with regular mascara. Very disappointing!!! It also took the curl out of my lashes. It didn't make them completely droop/point downwards (there was still a slight lift), but they didn't look perky and curled as they usually do. However, there was limited smudging and no flaking at all and didn't seem at all clumpy.

on 3/8/2007 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried this because even though Maybelline's Full and Soft is the best mascara on earth, it was causing me lash loss. So I thought I'd try this on MUA's recommendation. However, this doesn't hold up a candle to Full and Soft. It's clumpy, flakey, and just totally messes up my lashes. I tried this about 3 times, gave up, and returned it. I'd rather lose some lashes than use this mascara! Maybelline's Full and Soft is still the best thing around!

on 2/25/2007 4:05:00 PM

I really wanted to like this mascara based on all the good reviews, but I have to say it was a huge disappointment. After a week, I realized that this was what was causing my bloodshot eyes (I had thought it was just stress from planning my wedding, but the irritation and redness ended once I stopped using this). Also, after applying the mascara, I ended up with thick black clumps on my contacts after a few hours. I've been a devotee of Maybelline Full n' Soft, but I think I'm going to try MF Lash Perfection next. Bottom line, use L'Oreal Voluminous mascara at your own risk!!

Wow, after reading all the great reviews about the regular Voluminous mascara, I bought this one and IT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me. I've got medium length eyelashes that need a boost of volume, but most mascaras seem to smudge on me so I have to get waterproof ones. Max Factor 2000 calorie is still my favourite I guess, other than the fact that it's impossible to remove.

This waterpoof version of Voluminous must be entirely different than the non-waterproof one because it doesn't really volumize, lengthen, or do antyhing whatsoever. So disappointing! I think I'll return this and try the regular version...

on 2/9/2007 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Most mascaras I have to layer. This is the only mascara I've ever used that I can use on its own. I really like dramatic, dark, full lashes and this gives me that. This is SO close to being my HG, but there's something just slightly not quite right about it that I can't figure out. But I still keep buying it :)

on 2/7/2007 5:48:00 PM

This is my HG mascara! It doesn't do much for length but it does give me volume (even my sister said so)! It holds the curl when I use my Shiseido eyelash curl and it doesn't run or give me smudges on my eyes. I wish the brush was a little smaller though. It does clump a bit but if you use a eyelash separator, you'll be fine!

on 2/5/2007 2:22:00 AM

I am a longtime user of regular old Voluminous, even when I get angry at it for running under the eyes. I try other mascaras high and low and I still come back to Voluminous because they all run, don't they? Voluminous still has the best color, length, and thickening powers. I tried the Waterproof version, hoping it would resolve this issue. Are these even the same mascaras? I mean, where is my thickness and length? This doesn't come close to the regular Voluminous in those terms. It's extremely hard to build and I sacrificed my long, thick lashes for short stubby ones (of the same color, though). Wasn't nearly the same thing. Now for the big question, did it run? Yes it did, but it took hours, and it ran less and not as severely. So the question is, would I sacrifice glamorous lashes for stubby, non-runny ones? I think so, because 100% of my mascara use is daytime. I don't need to have a dramatic eye for the day. I can get by with short and stubby. It has run less than any other mascara I have recently tried. Really, there were just some black flakes under the eye after maybe ten hours. Nothing major. I think they all run or flake. I think it is just a matter of degree.