July 22, 2014 | 1298 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by shanghai_cowgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, after reading all the great reviews about the regular Voluminous mascara, I bought this one and IT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me. I've got medium length eyelashes that need a boost of volume, but most mascaras seem to smudge on me so I have to get waterproof ones. Max Factor 2000 calorie is still my favourite I guess, other than the fact that it's impossible to remove.

This waterpoof version of Voluminous must be entirely different than the non-waterproof one because it doesn't really volumize, lengthen, or do antyhing whatsoever. So disappointing! I think I'll return this and try the regular version...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by blindfate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Most mascaras I have to layer. This is the only mascara I've ever used that I can use on its own. I really like dramatic, dark, full lashes and this gives me that. This is SO close to being my HG, but there's something just slightly not quite right about it that I can't figure out. But I still keep buying it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2007 5:48:00 PM More reviews by huliejall

This is my HG mascara! It doesn't do much for length but it does give me volume (even my sister said so)! It holds the curl when I use my Shiseido eyelash curl and it doesn't run or give me smudges on my eyes. I wish the brush was a little smaller though. It does clump a bit but if you use a eyelash separator, you'll be fine!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2007 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Nivia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a longtime user of regular old Voluminous, even when I get angry at it for running under the eyes. I try other mascaras high and low and I still come back to Voluminous because they all run, don't they? Voluminous still has the best color, length, and thickening powers. I tried the Waterproof version, hoping it would resolve this issue. Are these even the same mascaras? I mean, where is my thickness and length? This doesn't come close to the regular Voluminous in those terms. It's extremely hard to build and I sacrificed my long, thick lashes for short stubby ones (of the same color, though). Wasn't nearly the same thing. Now for the big question, did it run? Yes it did, but it took hours, and it ran less and not as severely. So the question is, would I sacrifice glamorous lashes for stubby, non-runny ones? I think so, because 100% of my mascara use is daytime. I don't need to have a dramatic eye for the day. I can get by with short and stubby. It has run less than any other mascara I have recently tried. Really, there were just some black flakes under the eye after maybe ten hours. Nothing major. I think they all run or flake. I think it is just a matter of degree.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not bad. My first tube was awful Fast forward and try it again in July 2010 and it is much better. It gives the big bright eyes that I love. Seems to not smudge that much. It is a much drier and cleaner formula to work with than the non-waterproof kind. If I could marry this and my Lash Blast I would have the perfect mascara. This gives me a very dark, thick lash line, but not smooth strong lashes like LB gives me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_catastrophe521

bought it BOGO at CVS with lash out. wow. i'm tell you, i didn't believe the hype but this mascara really is the bomb. and trust me i've tried a million (maybe 5 diff maybellines, covergirl, badgal, stila, diorshow etc) i ahve to say this is def the best one with the best price. i cant believe drugstore mascaras can be 1/3 the price of high end mascaras and 3x as good as well. this mascara lengthens sooo much, and then adds a ton of volume. it's like a 2 step mascara without the annoying 2 steps (i was using l'oreal lash extend waterproof for awhile and it made my lashes brittle). It's hard to get off so i suggest a makeup removing cleanser (i use neutrogena fresh foaming), but it's waterproof so that's expected. there is no smudging unless i use cream eyeshadows but once again that's expected. honestly, this stuff makes my eyes just POP. and i have those typical "invisible" asian eyelashes too. but i curl my eyelashes and use this stuff (sometimes on top of lash out for EXTRA length) and it's just amazing. people ask my if i'm wearing false eyelashes =X next off: im going to try maybelline full and soft. that one has rave reviews

the only negatives? the tube is kinda ugly. i gave it a 2 on packaging quality. the lashout tube is even worse. if l'oreal made their tubes as good looking as maybelline they'd really be the best ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by christine_m

Clumps, clumps, clumps. Oh and SMUDGES! This stuff is a mess and I don't understand the good reviews. I'm going back to my Almay mascara, it's never steered me wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Sarahaparis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. I am a beauty junkie and I will never stray from this product. It lasts a long time, makes your lashes very long and very full. I have blonde, medium length lashes that need a lot of work to look full and wonderful: THIS DOES IT EVERYTIME. I've tried everything. Nothing is better. It's my HG product. A do-not-miss product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mascara sucks. even though its waterproof, it did not hold my curl that well. my curl fell after a few minutes. didnt do much in volumizing for my thin and sparse lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2006 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Boo! I usually have an easy time w/ mascara's and love L'Oreal's Voluminous regular, non-waterproof mascara; BUT this waterproof one is totally different. It clumps lashes right away and doesn't even give my lashes thickness or volume or length. I tried to get the clumps out immediately after applying w/ my lash comb and that didn't even separate the gobs. I threw it out, and wouldn't even swap it. Would not buy again.