Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 7/17/2013 10:02:00 PM

This is the worst foundation ever. It leaves my face looking like a 3 layer cake. No matter how thin or whatever tool i use to apply it.and when i have it on, it feels heavy on my skin. It's just not worth the money.

on 7/17/2013 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

First impression of this fondi is more on the negative side. The packaging is way too heavy and bulky plus its creme form so I thought it would only aggaravate my oily acne-prone skin. But this slammed my misconceptions. A brief backgrounder, Im an NC25 to MAC and my skin is oily and acne-prone as mentioned and it oxidizes into a darker skintone after hours. This has turned my skin into semi matte and somewhat dewy looking. My oiliness is bit tamed. Pimples so far so good make a no-show-kind of drama. I bought the Buff shade. Upon application, my face is lighter than my skintone but after a couple of minutes it adapts to my natural skintone. I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Pressed Powder in Medium and it sets perfectly. So far i enjoy seeing the benefits of this. This is a good fallback for my ELDW Sand.
Edit: for just one day of wearing, tiny painful zits came out of my chin! Will definitely trash this already.

on 7/13/2013 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this foundation. If you want something with great coverage and long lasting, I would say give this a try. It is difficult to find a shade, but I did my research before hand with reviewers comparisions and found a match fine. It does have a paint like smell when you first apply, but it goes away as soon as it dries. It doesn't really bother me, but it could really bother someone that get headaches easily.

Also, a little goes a LONG way! I expect this to last me atleast 6 months, which for $14 is not a bad deal.

on 7/10/2013 6:49:00 PM

I've been test driving new foundations for the summer. My Clinique Even Better melts completely off my face in this heat. I tried Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 hour. Like another reviewer said, this sucked the moisture right out of my face! I always use moisturizer before I apply foundation, too. Now, for the review of the Revlon CS Whipped Creme foundation. I bought this in 240 Natural Beige. I'm usually the 3rd or 4th shade up in anything i try. This is light, silky, and creamy! I love the way it feels going on. It's heavenly! It wears great and lasts for the entire day. I'm slightly oily in the t-zone in the summer. I just sweep some powder on, and i'm good to go. I haven't had to touch up at all! I think i've found the elusive HG!

on 7/10/2013 8:49:00 AM

If you have oily skin, this may well be the perfect foundation for you, I know it sure is for me. Living in the UK, where this foundation isn't sold, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this when my mum went on holiday to Mexico and bought me some. I went about my normal foundation routine by applying a spritz of MAC's fix plus and a light primer and I started to blend the foundation using a sigma flat top kabuki brush which I found to be the best way of applying this. In summary, I would definitely purchase this again, the staying power is incredible and it is the only foundation I have found so far to not show any shine throughout the day. Huge thumbs up from me.

on 7/8/2013 2:28:00 AM

Must admit I was a little disappointed in this foundation I was expecting the coverage and wear of regular colorstay

on 7/8/2013 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation , i love the coverage it gives and how it wears thru the day.

Pros :
Great coverage
Stays on all day
Doesn't oxidize
Natural looking

Cons :
Doesn't have enough yellow toned selections

on 7/6/2013 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff is my holy grail foundation!!!!!!! This foundation makes your skin look flawless and so smooth. It blends beautifully and lasts a long time. I've had this since December and it's half way gone! I have 150 Buff and it matches me perfectly :-) It is so easy to blend, I would go on and on but it's just a wonderful foundation hehe

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I read and watched a lot of reviews before buying this product. I really liked the coverage and wear of the liquid Colorstay foundation but I hated the heavy feel of it on my skin. I felt like I was wearing a mask. So I decided to would try this out since everyone who reviewed it remarked on how light it felt on the skin...and they were right. Every time I wear this foundation, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing foundation! It matches my pale skin very well and makes it look flawless. I apply it with either my fingers or my Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge, it goes on great either way. I work in medical/industrial cleaning and the makeup holds up the heat (although on long days I may need to used a mattifying powder break).

I hate the packaging. Really hate it. I feel like the higher price you pay for this foundation is because they used a tone of glass in producing the jar. It is bulky and unnecessary. They could have designed a sleeker jar without having to decrease the amount of product you get (which is fine). This isn't a foundation you could comfortably carry with you on a trip. They should take a not from Covergirl's Clean Cream makeup on that one. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with this foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wear the shade Sand Beige in the regular colorstay foundation and am a NC 25-NC 30, but since it is summer time I am probably NC 30. I always have a hard time finding the right shade for me since I have yellow tones and also slight pink. I chose the shade warm golden for the colorstay whipped creme, I worried that the shade might be too yellow and dark.

First thing I noticed when buying was the packaging. It is a heavy bulky jar style package with a cap that twists open. The packaging makes it look like there is a lot of product but that isn't so, it is also hard to see the shade through the jar when trying to find your shade.

The product looks liquid but has density (if you turned the jar upside down it won't spill out), and a mousse-cream like consistency. I am hesitant to try creamy foundations because I have very oily skin and usually makes me look even more oily. When applying, I love the texture and the easiness of applying (using fingers); it just glides onto my skin. Coverage is definitely medium but full can be achieved by applying more.

As for the color, I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too yellow or too dark and worked fine for me. And like most people are mentioning this foundation is the type that looks much better after an hour wear because it sets into your skin. Now, the only thing I'm not a fan of is the finish. It is definitely not a matte but a natural sort of dewy finish. I can work with it because it gives me the "natural" look but wish it had more of a matte finish especially since of the hot weather right now. It takes about 3 hours until oil (t-zone area) breaks through, which is pretty good for me. I can just touch it up. It doesn't seem to fade or change color which is a huge plus. Overall, I really like this foundation and will be using it until I find one better. :)

Pro
-Good coverage (medium to full)
-Easy application
-Cream-mousse consistency
-Natural looking
-Doesn't look patchy or wears off
-Doesn't oxidize/get darker (problem for oily skinned girls)

Con
-Packaging (unsanitary)
-Finish could be more matte
-Feels a bit sticky right after application until it sets into skin
-could have more in-between shades