Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/12/2013 7:02:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation so freaking bad but its not to special. I waited months before i finally but the bullet and bought if after a beauty guru on YouTube raved about it. For me to be able to wear it I would have to scrub my skin almost raw and moisturize allot. I even bought the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply it and I ended up not entirely liking the brush either. The first time I used it, it caked up on my skin, showed allot of flakiness, was so hard to blend out, and I choose the lightest shade because I'm very fair but it looked too light on me. The next time that I used it i had just scrubbed half my face off trying to get skull makeup off of my skin and it worked good enough I wouldn't say it was amazing because it still showed some flaking skin and some acne but it felt weird on my face like it was heavy so I liked it even less. I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to use it as concealer on my good skin days after I do two more test. My conclusion is that its not dry skin friendly.

on 6/12/2013 12:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Loved this but after 2 months it made me breakout horribly. Im still recovering from the breakouts and scars it left behind.

on 6/12/2013 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros : 1) gives you complete coverage if you have acne scars & pimpls
2) last through the day
3) gives you a hint of glow without going too oily

Cons : 1) Jar type packaging. which i find less hygienic, i prefer foundations with pumps.
i find it hard scoop in using a jar, because you end up taking too much sometimes.
2) it MAY cause breakouts. especially if you live in a humid country + oily type of skin
3) feels abit heavy on your skin

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This gives a good finish if you can find your shade, but it settles into my pores. I've read that the whipped-stype foundations do bring attention to pores.

However, it lasts ALL day, and the color is a great match. Oh well.

on 6/9/2013 1:09:00 PM

LOVED this foundation! I have rosacea and it covers beautifully. My only complaint, went through it too fast.

on 6/9/2013 12:49:00 PM

Price: $14 USD
Coverage: medium to full
Finish: natural
Texture: super smooth and buttery
Oil-Control: all day

Unlike the original liquid version, it doesn't reek of paint nor does it dry as fast. It has a faint "makeup" smell though.
It evens out redness and discolouration and covers up non-cystic acne and light scars. My dark circles disappear under this on a good day. I put this on in the morning and it lasts a day without touch-ups. Even with an oily T-zone, I barely need powder. Easier to work with than liquid because it doesnt dry in a cpuple seconds but it can feel heavy on my sensitive skin.

on 6/9/2013 1:23:00 AM

Loved this foundation. Found it a bit heavy though. I ended up mixing it up with a bit of my sunscreen for daily use.

Color match was perfect for my fair skin and it lasted well. I work 36 hours straight and I didn't look like total crap at the end of the shift.

on 6/8/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm quite impressed with this foundation. Liquid CS didn't do much for me, but with summer approaching Vegas and seeing many good things said about this version and how well it lasts, I decided to return to Revlon.

Usually I'm nc25 but lately I'm inbetween NC25 and NC 30, veering towards the latter. I tried Sand Beige 200 initially - too light, clear difference between face and neck. 40ish online swatches later, I went for 320 Warm Golden. I was afraid it'd be too dark for me but it's actually a near-perfect match. It's close to Chanel VA in B30. (To compare, reviews for NARS Pure Radiant TM and Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment say their brands' closest NC30 shades are St Moritz and Medium, respectively, but both were way too dark on me). It's got the right amount of yellow, not pink on me and after wearing this for almost a month, there's been no oxidation issues.

Texture is thick and moussey. I use a plastic cosmetic spatula (you can buy like 20 for a dollar and some change at Sally Beauty) to scoop it from the jar. The jar itself isn't the most travel friendly, nor is it the easiest to dispense product from, but there is worse packaging out there (wide-mouthed glass jars with no pump I'm looking at you). It does look nice sitting on your vanity though.

Coverage - About medium to full. On me, since I'm combo to oily skinned, a cakey finish hasn't been an issue. In cooler weather that may change. IMO, it doesn't look UNnatural and makeup-y, but nor is it the most natural finish. To me, it sits in the middle. Finish on me is satin.

Application - with fingers. Used Real Techniques expert face brush once and it also worked well.

Wear time - Great! Easily wears well through 8-hour shifts, plus more. I wear Tarte's Clean Slate primer and Shiseido Urban Environment face sunscreen underneath. It doesn't keep oil at bay, nor do I really expect it to when I'm outside in 100-degree weather - what I want it do is to stay put and not melt away. Powdering throughout the day is not something I mind. I haven't suffered breakouts from this yet, and I'm acne-prone.

I'm not giving it 5 stars because again, getting it out of the jar can be kind of tedious so it's not a slap-on-and-go kind of foundation and I have yet to see how it'll perform in cooler weather when my skin gets drier (Note: My winter weather runs about 25-30 degrees at the coldest). But so far its a keeper for the warmer months.

on 6/8/2013 12:43:00 AM

I love this! It lasts all day, it has great coverage without looking cakey and it looks great on camera. It is perfect for oily skin it has a matte finish that turns in to a beautiful satin finish throughout the day. Only con is the packaging is too bulky and it is hard to match a shade.

on 6/5/2013 9:23:00 PM

I love this makeup. Let me start by saying I have very fair skin; there have been countless Twilight jokes made about my skin, and it's hard to find a good match for my skintone. The lightest shade, ivory, blends seamlessly with my skin. I get medium coverage using this on its own, and full coverage when I put my powder foundation over it. The packaging is a little clunky (big glass jar) and I paid about $16 USD for .8 ounces of product. However, I don't need much of the product to get good coverage, unlike the liquid colorstay, which I needed to layer to get medium coverage. When I first put it on, it felt very heavy, but after I blended and set it with powder, it felt very smooth and light. This also makes my skin look gorgeous in photos.
The colorstay whipped can end up looking cakey, but I've been able to avoid it caking up by blending it with a brush and using a moisturizer underneath. It does stick to dry patches, so I recommend exfoliating beforehand. I will buy it again for the fabulous shade selection and coverage.

Popular Crème Foundations