Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I liked this going on as it has a very smooth application, but this gets drier and drier as the day goes on. My face was so dry, I ended up taking this off at lunch and just wearing my face powder over face cream for the rest of the day.
The color was OKAY, Ivory, for my NW15-NW20 skin, not perfect, but not bad.
This is just not a good fit for my sensitive and dry skin. I have better luck with L'Oreal Infallible (and a better shade match in Natural Ivory), or MAC Pro LongWear. They are a bit drying as to be expected for a long wear foundation, but not to the point of being an uncomfortable prune. Those with Normal to Oily skin will probably love it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

* ABOUT MY SKIN *
My skin is very oily but easily dehydrated. My t-zone tends to be an oil slick but I can get flaky around the nose/forehead. I scar easily and have very dark acne scars, mostly on my chin area. I am Asian with very yellow undertones. My colour in MAC's Studio Fix Fluid is NC35 and in the powder, C4.

* PACKAGING & PRICE *
Colorstay Whipped comes in a surprisingly heavy, round glass jar. It has a black plastic lid and a plastic "stopper" inside to prevent product from going everywhere. It looks nice and chic on your vanity but some people may have an issue with the hygiene aspect of using a jar. You can find this at Wal-Mart and most drugstores and the price runs between $16 - $18 CAD. It comes in 12 shades. I dislike the packaging because a) I'm a huge klutz and I'm waiting for the inevitable moment where I drop it b) the testers are always in a tube, so I'm certain this formula would be absolutely fine in a tube c) it's annoying to travel with because the foundation will get all over the top of the container if it's not sitting completely flat. Please note that if you are trying to pick your colour in store, it will be difficult. The colours all look the same through the glass because it's so thick and it does not reflect the true colour very well.

* FORMULA, APPLICATION & COLOUR *
This is a very thick foundation that doesn't really seem all that "whipped" to me. It has a bouncy, dense, gel like consistency that reminds me of pudding. If you dab your finger in it and scoop some product out, the foundation will settle in after a bit where the scoop was taken out and will look brand new and flat again. It smells kind of rubbery (?) to me but the scent goes away quickly. This applies wonderfully with a brush, and I use my Sigma F80 with it most often. It doesn't dry super fast, but it also doesn't seem to ever set or dry down completely, which is a non-issue since I always powder. I initially purchased this in the Warm Golden shade. While it is a decent match, it is a little light and probably better suited to an NC30 skintone. I ended up buying the Natural Tan colour and it is a MUCH better match. While both of these colours are supposed to have yellow undertones, they're both neutral IMO. I would obviously prefer them to be MORE yellow but better neutral than excessively pink, and it looks fine in glaring sunlight which is all that matters to me. It has never oxidized on me no matter what I've worn underneath. I have noticed that if there are any dry or scaly patches on my skin, this actually DOES emphasize those, so I make sure to moisturize well. Also, less seems to be more with this foundation. I initially overapplied and hated the finish/feel on my skin but now I just apply a very small amount at a time so I can get the most natural finish possible and so it doesn't feel heavy on my skin.

* COVERAGE & STAYING POWER *
To me, this foundation is a solid medium coverage but it can easily be built to full coverage. Keep in mind that I use a dense flat top brush to apply so coverage may differ slightly depending on your application method. I apply a little bit at a time and build it up where I need to. It easily covers the redness around my nose/cheeks and covers fading scars very well. It can also be built up to cover very red acne in certain areas, and I've used it with a smaller concealer brush as well. I do need concealer for some darker hyperpigmentation on my chin, but I've had to do that with every foundation I've tried so it's not a huge deal. I also love that it's not overly matte or flat. On my skin, it's almost a satiny matte with enough sheen to make it your skin look like... well, skin. The staying power is what really makes me love this foundation. I have incredibly oily skin that eats through most foundations and I figured that CS Whipped would NOT last on my skin being a creamy, not-super-matte foundation. Boy, was I wrong! I have literally worn this for 24 hours (yikes!) with no issues. This is the ONLY foundation I've tried so far that stays on my face with minimal or no touch ups. I wore this to a 2 day outdoor music festival recently in the middle of the humid summer here in Toronto and this held up ridiculously well. I didn't even bother blotting. The odd thing is, if you blot, oil will be on your blotting sheet BUT your face will not look oily at all. I have been wearing this all summer and loving it, I don't have to worry that I look like a greaseball in the middle of the day which is so unusual for me!

* FINAL THOUGHTS *
I am in LOVE with this foundation. I don't care for the packaging but it's worth dealing with it just for the incredible staying power, good coverage and lovely finish. It has never irritated my skin and it also photographs nicely. Revlon's shade range isn't huge but it is decent. I HIGHLY recommend this for very oily, or oily/combo skin. I think it would be nice on normal or even drier skins as long as you moisturize well beforehand. For those of you who have very yellow (like me) or even olivey skintones, the match won't be 100% perfect, but it's certainly workable. This is just an excellent foundation for those who are looking for a very longwearing foundation with a natural finish.

UPDATE June 2014: This is the foundation I use most often still and I love it. I'm on my 5th jar now! I have noticed that I need to use the Natural Tan colour in the summer. I do not tan my face but the rest of my body does tan so Warm Golden is a little too light to match the rest of my body. Still amazing, and I still highly recommend it! :)

I prefer this to the original Colorstay because it's easier to work with. It provides full coverage right from the first application, and creates flawless looking skin. I like that it doesn't feel heavy, or look cakey on my skin! It lasts a long time and wears well but my only gripe is the bulky packaging. If I wanted to travel with it I'd have to depot some in a plastic pot, which is not a big issue for me. Overall, I like the foundation and I think it feels high end and definitely looks high end :)

Love love love this foundation. It's medium to full coverage and long lasting. I happened to find my perfect shade as well.

It is extremely hard for me to find a foundation that I like most everything about. I am a huge Jaclyn Hill fan and I tend to go with her suggestions. I tried the L'Oreal True Match Lumi that she suggested to her viewers- and wasn't that fond of it. It felt so greasy. I heard her talk about the ColorStay Whipped- and I figured I'd give it a try. Not expecting much, I put it on and surprisingly it felt like butter going on the skin. I've got combination skin and so far so good. It does not feel heavy or greasy, and it feels like it's in place, but not to the point that it feels like you have a glob of foundation glue on your face. I am very happy with this product! Thanks to Jaclyn Hill for recommending this! I think I've found "the one"! Foundation wise :) Haha! Bottom line, I would definitely recommend this to people! Love it.

I waffled between giving this product three stars or four, but went with three because it's a bit cloggy. I didn't break out in horrible cysts all over my face, but it definitely plugged up my pores and was really hard to get off. Also, it's incredibly hard to find a color match because the jars are made of really thick glass and they all look pretty similar through that lens. Oh yeah, and it's obviously jar packaging which I know annoys a lot of you. I'm not so bothered by it, but I would've preferred a pump or pour jar. Anyway, the foundation itself...is not bad. It has the fluffy texture I was expecting, so I was pleased with that. The smell is negligible, not bad, not good. If you touch it, it seems a little bouncy and gel-like. When you rub it on your skin, it's pretty silky. I would say it's medium coverage even if you try to build it up, not full coverage. It definitely evened out my skin tone, but didn't do a great job covering acne. It's also a little drying so I would always slather on lots of moisturizer beforehand. It lasted all day for me, though, so that was a plus. I'd always wanted to try the Revlon Colorstay original, but never bothered so when this came out, I decided I would go for it because it seemed really nice. I'm not totally disappointed and I used about half before I gave up, but I can't have foundation that clogs me. If you've got resilient skin that doesn't need a ton of coverage, then I would go for this. If you're prone to clogs, though, skip it.

I love this. I have such a hard time finding the right mix of coverage, oil control and staying power and Colorstay Whipped does a fantastic job on each count. It covers my rosacea really well, but isn't totally full coverage like the liquid Colorstay. I'm already on my second jar and I'm in love. I use it with Urban Decay De-slick over the top and it lasts all day. I also think the color selection is really good. True Beige is right on for me. My only suggestion to Revlon would be to make a bigger jar. I used mine up pretty fast, comparatively speaking. Overall though, this is the only thing I wear and I wear it everyday. Love it!

EDIT: I'm now using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and it's definitely replaced Colorstay Whipped. I never realized how much Colorstay transferred until I started wearing EL DW Light. I think it's better on my skin too. I used to get small little white heads and they've disappeared since I started using DWL.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't really matter how great the texture, finish or lasting power are, because the SHADES are HORRIBLE and unflattering for us yellow/olive tones girls. Way too pink and dull/grey. For reference, I am a NC30-35, Armani 6, and I tried to make this foundation work in shades 320 (too light and pink), 330 (dark enough but too pink) and 370 (too dark).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE this foundation. I also have the regular colorstay foundation, which I would also recommend, but I like the whipped one better. This foundation has excellent coverage, and I have a fair amount of redness on my cheeks, which can be hard to conceal without looking cakey. My skin is dry, but this does not accentuate dry patches. It looks very natural and lasts all day. In fact, this looks better as the day goes on. It also does not break me out, although I don't really have problems in that area. I would recommend putting this on with your fingers, as it does not go on well with a Beauty blender or brush. The packaging is a little frustrating as I prefer pumps but I can deal with it. I am giving it four stars because of the packaging and because I have to use my fingers. The price is great, only 12-13 dollars which is a great deal for what you get! Overall I think this is an amazing product. Definitely one of my drugstore staples. Way to go Revlon!

My HG is ELDW or ELDW Light. I love both but had heard so many positive reviews about the ColorStay Whipped that I thought I would give it a try. It broke my face out horribly after awhile of using. I really liked the way it looked on my face when it first went on but by late afternoon, my face was a shiny mess as well. I tried changing my moisturizer, thinking that the one I was using was too heavy. After using the first jar up, my face was a mess and I went back to my HG ELDWL. I had clogged pores all over my face. I never get that from Estee Lauder. I think from now on I will stick with my old favorite.