BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2057 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 7/29/2014 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this from Sephora and LOVE it! I typically use the cover girl bombshell mascara and this one has very similar effects but with only 1 step. This makes my lashes super long, super voluminous, and super black all in one stroke. The formula oddly stays a bit on the tacky side, but it doesn't transfer to my eyelids like a lot of other mascaras will before they dry. It did take me a few try's to get the hang of the application as the first two times I used it it had the tendency to clump, but if you have a lash comb then this mascara might just be your best "falsie" faking friend! I have gotten numerous compliments on my "long and luscious" lashes every time I've worn it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara. It both lengthens and adds volume to your lashes and its definitely a great everyday mascara. The only reason i feel i wouldn't repurchase it is because it looks really similar to my maybelline rocket mascara, and i would much rather pay the price of the maybelline rocket. Overall if you're willing to spulrge, i'd give it a try

on 7/26/2014 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Firstly, it doesn't seem to give you much length nor volume. Second, it's not easy to remove. I would use it because for the fact that I already bought it. But it's really just a below average mascara.

on 7/26/2014 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not impressed with this mascara in the least. I applied three coats to my freshly curled lashes and initially things looked great; my lashes were much longer, thicker, separated and the curl held. The look wasn't overly dramatic nor natural yet still nice. Then no less then five minutes later I got a nasty surprise when checking my makeup one last time: my lashes had drooped and the mascara was flaking onto my cheeks and forming spidery clumps on my eyelashes. No lasting power whatsoever and not exactly the look I was hoping to achieve. And to make matters worse this mascara is also very difficult to remove! Be prepared to bust out your strongest remover possible MUA friends. This product doesn't live up to its claims and isn't worth its high price tag in my humble opinion.

on 7/25/2014 4:30:00 PM

I got this in one of benefits christmas boxes, and was super excited. At first it was nice, seperated my lashes and definitely got the false lash look IMO. However only a 2/3 months later it had dried up considerably and not only that it was so clumpy on my lashes. I now find it hit and miss and only use it if I am doing a very dark smokey eye with lashes, really dont know whether or not I would buy this again! :(

on 7/23/2014 10:32:00 PM

This mascara can be a hit and miss. I'm not a fan of the brush. Doesn't really separate or define my lashes. Some days this will apply evenly and other days my lashes look clumpy or sticky or like spider legs! I reach for it sometimes, but Diorshow is still my HG and Too Faced Better than Sex mascara is a close second.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I’m generally a Maybelline falsies girl but was given this mascara as a gift and loved it! This mascara lives up to its name and gives you a ‘false lash effect’. The biggest strength of this product in my opinion is the brush. Not only does it allow you to comb the product through without clumping your lashes, it also has a great little spikey ball on the end that helps you reach lash corners and inner lashes that would usually be a headache with other mascara wands. You need to work quickly with this product, it dries to an almost waterproof mascara type feeling and is difficult to build if you wait too long in between, but, if applied properly it delivers a really gorgeous result. This personally transfers a little on me but will not stop me purchasing it again. Any downfalls? It’s pretty pricey for a mascara but worth it to me.

on 7/22/2014 5:42:00 PM

I love this product. The genius of it is the brush, with the spikey applicator ball at the end, which enables you to get every single lash, even at the corners of your eyes. If I end up buying a different mascara, I'll be saving the brush to use with it.

The formula itself is good too. I didn't find it to be too wet, as some other reviewers thought. It doesn't flake or melt either, and I have VERY watery eyes, so that's great! It loses one point for not being quite as voluminous and dramatic as I expected, but still a great purchase.

on 7/22/2014 2:53:00 PM

I didn't like this mascara at all. Formula is too wet, didn't do anything for my lashes. Good thing I didn't buy it, as it was just a sample. I'll probably give it away or throw it out. I really don't like it! My lashes were a black, wet, clumpy mess! Do not recommend.

on 7/22/2014 10:41:00 AM

If you have Asian lashes, this is NOT the mascara for you. In fact, run far, far away. The too-thin formula and too-defining brush merely color the lashes black--- which is great for Western folks who just want to "enhance" their already-lush eyelashes--- but not for Asians who need serious volume and payoff.

The first thing you'll notice is that the brush doesnt "grab" onto the lashes--it just glides through with zero friction, so there's very little mascara deposit onto the lash. The formula is very thin, which makes it hard to build up volume and length. Me, i like to "feel" the brush "Grabbing" onto the lashes and lifting them up. this one feels like nothing.

Because of the thin formula characteristic, Benefit realized this and marketed the ball-like tip of the wand as the volume depositor. Just hold it vertically onto the ends, and dab onto the needed areas, they say, and you get more va-va-voom! HA. HA.

Instead, it just deposits globs of product that you then have to comb out to distribute. it's messy and not accurate. Why do i need to build lush lashes in 2 steps, especially when i have spent 10-15 strokes already trying to get some payoff, and THEN i need to hold the wand vertically and add more globs to build body + volume? that i then have to frantically comb thru to even out? Forget it.

Please don't get suckered in by the marketing and "top selling" status at Sephora. If you have short, sparse, Asian-type lashes and need volume, this is a waste of your hard-earned cash.

Video Reviews & Tutorials