September 19, 2014 | 1020 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by doubtlezz

I really don't understand all the rave reviews on this mascara. Firstly, the formula is entirely too wet. All it does is clump up on my lashes and makes it nearly impossible to achieve long, separated lashes. Secondly, I don't really care for the brush. The little spike on the end is annoying and the brush scratches my waterline when I try to get right at the roots of my lashes. For the price tag on this mascara, I expected much better. Luckily, I only bought the trial size so instead of the $20+ price tag, I only ended up spending $10. Maybe once the formula dries some it will be better, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I never planned on spending this much money on mascara but since I've been trying to get my eyelashes beautiful on their own (without false eyelashes) I've been searching for a good mascara, non of the drug store mascaras were doing any good for me. I decided to go with this and I'm quite happy with it. It curls my lashes without even needing a curler and lengthens, doesn't do much with thickening but seriously adds length! I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not too crazy about this mascara, and trust me I wanted to be. For me this did not really legnthen or volumize my medium legnth lashes, even when applied in a few coats. Lately, I have had grest success with the falsies and with my tarte mascaras- amazing brand for eyeliners, mascaras etc. For the price, this product just does not live up to it's awesome reputation. And unfortunately, I have repurchased two times. Ladies, do yourself a favor and skip the hype and pick up something your lashes and or pocket will thank you for instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a test size at the local perfumeshop last week and used it this morning for the first time and was actualy quite amazed by the result !I use either Chanel "Le Volume or Jordana "best lash extreme ,for the past six months( not available in The Netherlands) and with both mascara's i have to use multiple layers to get the wauw result,wich is fine but with this mascara i use just the one layer and the result on my lashes is very good.I Also am pleased with the fact that my lashes don,t itch for the first time in months .I became used to that and ignored it because i love the Jordana mascara so much but now i think i will purchase a full size Benefit mascara instead! The price is 24 euro's wich is a good 30 dollars i think.Not cheap but all good thins come with a pricetag!

I have to say that i do have long lashes myself so i,m not sure what the result will be on shorter lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

Love it!! It provide's GREAT length! I got Bad Gal Lash to replace it and that's a great mascara too…they are essentially the same. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Elinababy13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this mascara, but I didn't. It only works for people with naturally long lashes. If you have short or average lashes, it's not going to wow you. It will just be average. If you have naturally long lashes, this will give you the false lash effect. For me, it was just kind of meh or blah.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by JadiraMtz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i had really high hopes for this mascara bc i had heard a ton of positive reviews, but me having straight eyelashes, i have special needs of needing waterproof mascara to hold the curl. i spend about 5 minutes curling my eyelashes to get them the way that i want, and applying They're Real just made my eyelashes fall in a matter of seconds. it was really disappointing; especially for the price. Now it is just sitting in my train case. i really was hoping it'd work, but it was such a wet formula, it unfortunately didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This turned my lashes into concrete spider legs. It was almost painful, physically and aesthetically. This went straight back. No one should pay that much for mascara anyway

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

After years of loving drugstore mascaras by CoverGirl, Maybelline and L'Oreal, I received a sample size of this one as my Sephora birthday gift. Although it does make my lashes look nice with just one coat, they refuse to hold a curl because the formula isn't waterproof.
Let me just say: naturally, my lashes are quite straight. With my Sephora eyelash curler and L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara, they hold a curl perfectly all day. But for some reason, with this more expensive, higher-end mascara, they fall flat almost instantly. I wish they made a waterproof version!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by foxandnegayo

I swore off non-drugstore mascaras about a year ago because I believed "high-end" mascaras were not worth the money. After using a sample of Benefit's They're Real mascara, I (unfortunately) have broken that promise to myself. I LOVE IT. I bought a full size and will continue buying this mascara. Because I've been using Careprost, my lashes have been growing out and curling up on their own. They're Real mascara has really made my eyelashes look dramatic and beautiful. It doesn't clump or smudge. It lengthens, thickens and holds my curl.