November 1, 2014 | 1376 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I find this to be a natural looking mascara. I do not get the look that the mascara claims: huge, false looking lashes. I find the mascara to be too wet. I don't like the brush-it does not grab all of my lashes. As a result, I look to have fewer lashes. I try to comb it out but it's very difficult to do with this formula. I was disappointed with this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by HGL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have started to really like this product after trying it again. I am extremely picky about mascara and most products smudge on me due to a combination of factors. This one did a tiny bit when I first tried it so I skipped it. I only returned to try it again when my then-favorite (Sephora Outrageous Volume) started to have quality control problems and I could not rely on it anymore.

I find They're Real easier to apply than the OV (less wet) and easier to clean up any mistakes. I use the travel size as this is a mascara that does not improve with age as some of the wetter formulas do. I love the applicator, and find it works well to push up on lashes from the tip of the brush, unlike some wands. It is quicker to apply than many other brands and gets me the volume and length I am looking for in less time. While OV probably is more dramatic, it is a hassle (messy, time consuming to apply, takes forever to dry) compared to the ease of this.

This does not take too long to dry yet is easy to clean up, which I like. Evening removal is a little tougher than some (such as Lancome, which is super easy) but not as bad as wp. I don't get lash loss and it comes off with Boots No 7 wipes without too much difficulty. Just not as easy as Lancome.

I have found I need to powder under my eyes with MUFE HD powder (which I did not with OV) to avoid smudging. Curling lashes also helps, but you get some curl from the applicator itself, which is a plus. Some may be able to skip curling with this mascara if they don't have a smudge problem.

Another plus, it is somewhat water-resistant, at least in the rain. I live in a rainy climate and it does not end up all over my face like some mascaras do.

I do also use Lancome Definicils and their primer some days, which is a blue-er black but much more time consuming as I need to apply multiple layers to get the look I prefer. I do find the Lancome to be beautiful overall and NEVER smudge, but it does not give me the volume I want in the time I typically want to spend. So Benefit They're Real it is. I do not bother with primer.

Non-irritating also, which is huge! Overall, a great mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by tritrib21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally switched from using drug store mascara to this. What a difference! This stuff gives me the length/volume/color I want without any clumps. Admittedly, it does go on pretty wet, so I have to be careful not to smudge, but it lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by mumcanyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dramatic in just two swipes.
Stays all day - even outside in this summers outrageous weather

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by gfreling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this mascara a few times in a promotion and I think it is great for big, dense lashes. I don't like the packaging so much, but the big, fat brush pumps the lashes. I have not had any problems with flaking but it can clump a bit. I would purchase this again as a "night-out" mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by cassiie0103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got the 4ml tester from a magazine subscription and decided to give it a try. It's a spiky brush type of mascara - It's easy to apply, works amazingly well. Quite dramatic lashes and all you need is 5 seconds to apply it. I would say though that there are times when it tends to smudge or clump my lashes (particularly the lower lashes) and it does take a little longer than normal to dry, usually I have to keep my eyes open and remember not to blink for about a good half a minute. However, it does last all day and doesn't seem to smudge. Checked the price of the normal sized mascaras they have in store and it's about 20 pounds which I personally think is a little too much for a mascara. Might consider buying it again when it's on a sale or perhaps around the 15 pounds range.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A Real Mess. Clumps upon application. Flakes everwhere even after using eye makeup remover. If there is some sort of special technique that I am supposed to be using, then I don't have the time for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by BellaMcVamp

It is truly well worth the price! It makes my short eyelashes look longer and fuller without clumping! I used the Maybelline Rocket Volume mascara and thought it was the best one yet but this mascara is literally the bomb. It doesn't clump AT ALL and it makes my eyes pop! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by britbritmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely infatuated with this mascara! It's the best mascara, ever! Or in my opinion, it is. Naturally (thanks dad and mom), my eyelashes are very long. Thanks to this mascara, though, it brings them out in a way that is just perfect. When I was working for Sephora, every women imaginable would ask about this mascara. It worked for everyone! No matter how long or short, how full or thick.

The pricing is a bit much, but I gave it a 5/5 because for the quality of it, it could be much more expensive (if Benefit really opted for it).

Packaging is lovely. I love the old-fashioned appeal it has (like any of their products). I also love the brush. I believe that is one of the greatest things about a mascara and that women should really pay attention to.

All-in-all, please keep this on the market, Benefit!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the small tube of the mascara to try. Although I like it, I don't love it. The good thing is it goes on nicely, no clumping. But there's a lot more cons. The plastic wand pokes my eyes sometimes, you absolutely cannot layer this or it'll look so clumpy. Now I know why it's called they're real. It just gives a light layer on top of your lashes to make them look fuller. But I like crazy big luscious lashes. Good mascara, just not my personal taste.