April 16, 2014 | 1904 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by albs

This looks a bit like a torture device with the spiky end- and be warned that it can be! Don't press the pointy plastic bristles of the mascara brush too close to your lash line- it hurts! This can make it difficult to get product right to the base of your lashes. The formula is nice once it's dried out a bit. Initially I found it much too wet to work with and experienced a lot of clumping, it looked like I had four lashes and offered no definition. I have received compliments on my lashes while wearing this, someone did actually ask me if my lashes were real. I've been able to achieve similar or better results with other, less expensive formulas however. The thing that annoys me the most is how difficult it can be to remove. It's not waterproof- it will smudge all over, and those smudges will be difficult to wash off. Even when using cleansing balms, oils, or other makeup removers I can never get all of the product off, I wake up with black smudges under my eyes. I would use this again if it came in a little kit or something like that, but I'm not going to go out and buy this. The results are nice but there are too many quirks for the price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by SPerk

I did not like this at all. The formula is to thin and the brush is not ideal. The thing that bothers me the most is spikes at the end of the applicator. I was hoping it would be like a drugstore mascara I used to have that I don't think is around anymore that had a spike ball but this just wasn't. They just got in the way on this one and prevented me from being able to use this at all. Maybe I just don't know how to properly use this mascara so if anyone does let me know bc I hate to have wasted my money. On second thought who wants to relearn to use mascara! I did give it 2 lippies bc what I did manage to apply stay look ok all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I got a sample of this from Sephora and I'm hooked. It's just such an amazing product! My lashes look amazing, even without curling them. I know, I know, but it's so expensive just for mascara. It's so worth your money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I have never had good luck with BeneFit products in the past. Usually, I would love their cute names and packaging, only to find that the product itself was awful (Dr. Feelgood, I'm looking at you), or just "meh" and overpriced. I got a trial size of this and liked it, but still I was nervous; I've bought full size mascaras only to not like the results as much as the smaller one. But I finally tried a regular tube of this, and I really like it! It gives me a thick, dramatic lash look without clumping or looking too harsh, and when I curl my lashes they hold the curl all day. The only reason I am giving this one less lippie on packaging is that I like the small size a little bit better than the regular, but still - it's good mascara. I will definitely buy this again when I run out, but I might just buy two of the travel size at Ultra, for flexibility.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Elle_B

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my 3rd tube, which is impressive considering I have commitment issues (in other words, I'll try one, decide it's "meh", move on to another, etc.). Two coats gives me longer, fuller lashes that look as good at 10 pm as they did at 8 am.

Be forewarned though: it does go on wet. I don't mind as I find this is the best time to add a second coat and run my little eyelash separating comb through it. Once it's dry, forget it! if you try combing through it once it sets, it will flake and pull.

Because of its staying power, removing it at the end of the day can be tricky. I have a cream eye make up remover that I'll gently rub all over my lashes and let sit (yes, raccoon eyes) for a minute or so before following up with a dab more remover on a cotton pad.

At $23 USD, it's a little pricey but every few months or so, Ulta will have a bonus: buy the full size, get a travel size free.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by rida123

My sister purchased this mascara and she gave me the travel sized version that came with it. I was so excited to try it considering the hype and the good reviews. After trying it, i don't understand it at all! Something like this makes me think that some people force themselves to love their high end products because they've spent so much on it.. The formula seems really wet and gets everywhere on my face when i apply it. It is so so difficult to remove and my lashes always get pulled out in the process. If it was a good mascara, i wouldn't have cared about those set backs, but i just don't like the finish - it's clumpy, spidery, and not cute. Definitely a miss from me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by foofyjen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As another sephora shopper, I received this as part of my Birthday gift. I put it into my gym bag so I would have some mascara, if I was working out early in the day. Well, as the story goes at first application- I adored it! I have been using it on and off for about two months.

Earlier this week, it looked amazing!!

However, over the last two days it has become ridiculously difficult to remove! I tried with my cleanser- not good enough. So I went to my local beauty supply shop- tried the beloved Klorane eye remover on it. Three applications later, finally it came off. Not such a hot mascara for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I loveit!! <3 it's really does make you look like u have falsies on! It's lengthening and volumingzing at the same time, and gives u perfect curl! the only thing is is that it's super hard to get off :( ill always have leftover mascara on my lashes even after ive tried washing my face and using all the eye makeup remover in the world. But i think its worth it! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This unfortunately is one of the worst mascara i tried. Yes it does make your lashes look amazing yes it makes them fuller and longer. So why do I dislike it so much I hear you ask if it does all that??? Reason being is because the formula is water resistant it was difficult to remove then it left fibres in my eyes so I had to purchase an eye bath to get them out not good :( made my eyes run terribly too. I'd say a great mascara if u don't have sensitive eyes as it did work but unfortunately for me I didn't like the fibres or tht fact it didn't wash off easily :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by FTW206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After receiving a sample of this mascara for my birthday 6 months ago I immediately fell in love. I wasn't expecting much from the product at first, I've never been convinced paying more than $10 for mascara was ever worth it. Then one day Groupon had a coupon for Sephora so I purchased it specifically so I could buy a full sized tube of They're Real. I'm very impressed with the dramatic difference that this mascara does for my lashes. It gives me everything that I look for in mascara. Length, volume and curl. I'm not much of a morning person so while I'm busing to work I use that time to put on some make up. I can pull this mascara out of my purse without having to bring along an eyelash curler too. To me, the hefty price tag is worth it. No flaking whatsoever.