April 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ChaJunAng

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got it free wish I could give it back! Too gloppy and heavy.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMaven94

Sorry to say this but... no. Just...NO! This is quite possibly the most over-hyped mascara since greatlash in the 80's! I might not have been so disappointed with it if it had not made so many promises that it could not keep. I don't understand how anyone could love it. The formula is practically liquid-y, the brush has the hardest and sharpest bristles i have ever had the displeasure of experiencing, and the end result had me worrying about people smacking me in the face to kill the spiders! SO. CLUMPY. It did not give me the desired effect that it ; the look of false lashes. I'm just glad I got it for free instead of wasting my money. Oh! and it takes about 8 strokes of the brush before i even look like i have mascara on! Can't believe how much hype there is about this product! Serious let down for how excited i was to try it. Still gonna try it again to make sure i don't just have to get used to the brush. Hope this helped! Sorry Benefit! I love most of your stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by kspeller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Received this as part of my birthday Sephora gift. Gave it two honest efforts--nope. It smudged both times. By the time I came home from work I had grey circles under my eyes. No thank you. Glad this was a freebie and not a purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by beckabeckabecka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard so much hype about this mascara; that it was the best mascara for lengthening and it would look amazing. My short eyelashes were so excited.. Only to be let down. I tried it and it was amazing the initial times I used it, but the brush was really hard. The bristles cut that area a little bit. I continued using it for a week and then it became kinda duddy. It dried up really quickly and I think that's what happened. Not happy. Don't think I will buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Fef

The thing I care most, talking of makeup, is mascara, so when I have to buy a new one I always look around for reviews.. And this mascara seemed to be perfect! Volume, lenght, curling.. A miracle!
Of course I decided to give him a chance, and I was (totally) disappointed! Well, actually I obtain quite a good effect, like false lashes, but just after something like 5/6 applications and 20 minutes of work! I would never ever buy this product again, there are lots of better mascaras for a smaaaaaller fraction of the price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by albs

This looks a bit like a torture device with the spiky end- and be warned that it can be! Don't press the pointy plastic bristles of the mascara brush too close to your lash line- it hurts! This can make it difficult to get product right to the base of your lashes. The formula is nice once it's dried out a bit. Initially I found it much too wet to work with and experienced a lot of clumping, it looked like I had four lashes and offered no definition. I have received compliments on my lashes while wearing this, someone did actually ask me if my lashes were real. I've been able to achieve similar or better results with other, less expensive formulas however. The thing that annoys me the most is how difficult it can be to remove. It's not waterproof- it will smudge all over, and those smudges will be difficult to wash off. Even when using cleansing balms, oils, or other makeup removers I can never get all of the product off, I wake up with black smudges under my eyes. I would use this again if it came in a little kit or something like that, but I'm not going to go out and buy this. The results are nice but there are too many quirks for the price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by SPerk

I did not like this at all. The formula is to thin and the brush is not ideal. The thing that bothers me the most is spikes at the end of the applicator. I was hoping it would be like a drugstore mascara I used to have that I don't think is around anymore that had a spike ball but this just wasn't. They just got in the way on this one and prevented me from being able to use this at all. Maybe I just don't know how to properly use this mascara so if anyone does let me know bc I hate to have wasted my money. On second thought who wants to relearn to use mascara! I did give it 2 lippies bc what I did manage to apply stay look ok all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I got a sample of this from Sephora and I'm hooked. It's just such an amazing product! My lashes look amazing, even without curling them. I know, I know, but it's so expensive just for mascara. It's so worth your money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I have never had good luck with BeneFit products in the past. Usually, I would love their cute names and packaging, only to find that the product itself was awful (Dr. Feelgood, I'm looking at you), or just "meh" and overpriced. I got a trial size of this and liked it, but still I was nervous; I've bought full size mascaras only to not like the results as much as the smaller one. But I finally tried a regular tube of this, and I really like it! It gives me a thick, dramatic lash look without clumping or looking too harsh, and when I curl my lashes they hold the curl all day. The only reason I am giving this one less lippie on packaging is that I like the small size a little bit better than the regular, but still - it's good mascara. I will definitely buy this again when I run out, but I might just buy two of the travel size at Ultra, for flexibility.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Elle_B

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my 3rd tube, which is impressive considering I have commitment issues (in other words, I'll try one, decide it's "meh", move on to another, etc.). Two coats gives me longer, fuller lashes that look as good at 10 pm as they did at 8 am.

Be forewarned though: it does go on wet. I don't mind as I find this is the best time to add a second coat and run my little eyelash separating comb through it. Once it's dry, forget it! if you try combing through it once it sets, it will flake and pull.

Because of its staying power, removing it at the end of the day can be tricky. I have a cream eye make up remover that I'll gently rub all over my lashes and let sit (yes, raccoon eyes) for a minute or so before following up with a dab more remover on a cotton pad.

At $23 USD, it's a little pricey but every few months or so, Ulta will have a bonus: buy the full size, get a travel size free.