October 24, 2014 | 1721 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the small tube of the mascara to try. Although I like it, I don't love it. The good thing is it goes on nicely, no clumping. But there's a lot more cons. The plastic wand pokes my eyes sometimes, you absolutely cannot layer this or it'll look so clumpy. Now I know why it's called they're real. It just gives a light layer on top of your lashes to make them look fuller. But I like crazy big luscious lashes. Good mascara, just not my personal taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sS1221R

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

cant believe anyone has problems with this mascara. i bought the sample 5 months ago and ago and still use it daily.( it did dry out after a few months but add some contact solution into the bottle and it's good as new). love the wand, i can get right up to my lashbase. makes my eyelashes look great. at first i hated to formula of this bc i couldnt take it off at night, but now i realize that I love it bc it really keeps it on ALL DAY. never smudges.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Tara24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

this and Buxom mascara are my two top mascaras. I find they both create volume. First runner-ups are Christian Diorshow and BE's "Flawless Definition". Bare Escentuals make the best mascaras in my book...3 out of 4 of my top faves.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I feel bad giving something a 1 out of 5, but I just can't justify the price for what you get! I just don't like the wand or the product itself, as everyone else said it clumps a lot. I think this could be OKAY as a lower lash mascara worse case scenario as the brush is so small. I am not unexperienced with mascara either, I have tried tons! Very expensive, and can just get so much better. If people do like the brush style, they would be better off getting one of the Cover Girl Mascaras. Just not worth it -___-

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by akharri785

To be honest, I didn't really like this mascara when I first used a sample of it. However, I decided to at least finish the sample and re-evaluate if I liked it or not. I'll say right off the bat that I definitely think this mascara isn't for everyone and it seems to have somewhat of a learning curve to it. The formula is very wet which I usually dislike, however I've found that with multiple thin, strategic coats and using the wand and the tip carefully... you can achieve some pretty stellar lookin' lashes. (Granted, I do have naturally very full and long eyelashes, so that does help.) I also like that this mascara does hold curl really well, which is one of my biggest annoyances with other mascaras. However this mascara can clump easily, and if you don't want to take the time to layer this on carefully (which I could certainly understand!), then I'd look elsewhere. I also think it's pricey ($23) compared to my former HG mascara which was Buxom Lash ($19). However, I keep buying it because I have finally mastered the application for this particular mascara formula (so application goes much faster now) and I think the payoff is worth it in the end.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by laylabronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like Benefit's BadGal lash and a salesperson recommended this one as the "new and improved" Benefit mascara. I don't mind the formula of They're Real however I find it clumps when used with the brush provided. I tried using the mascara with a disposable wand and liked the way it applied better. But even after using a different brush I found black flakes falling off after only a few hours of wear. I really do not understand why so many people have told me to try this mascara. For the results it seems incredibly overpriced. It did add length and volume but it clumps so easily there is really no point in using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

I'm not sure why there's so much hype on this mascara. I like the brush but it doesn't work with the formula to avoid spidery lashes. I took my tweezers to try and separate the clumped up lashes which wasn't really working because the mascara dries so quickly. It doesn't work to layer any other mascara with it which is what I like to do. Any mascara with a price higher than $10 is a joke. I think there are a lot of really good drugstore mascaras and I don't think ill waist my money buying high end mascara anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Mei13

I think I have been blessed with awful eye lashes. I bought this mascara thinking it would be the best thing but it just doesn't have a great effect on my lashes. It clumps and doesn't seperate my lashes like it does for others. I've watched YouTube reviews and it just doesn't do for me what it promises.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by rmoussavi

Tbh I don't really believe in buying high end mascaras because it's never going to actually give me that full gorgeous false eye lash effect. I always try out drug store mascaras and I think they're really good or even better than some high end mascaras.

Yes. This mascara did make a difference and made my eyelashes look nice. However it not worth the money, I feel like it was quite similar to Loreal Telescopic. And its CHEAPER.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this mascara and I'm so thrilled about this product!! My eyelashes look full, lengthened and absolutely gorgeous. They give you a false eyelash effect without looking overly fake. It holds my curl and does't flake like a lot of other mascaras I've tried. I will definitely buy a full tube when I run out of my sample because my other drugstore mascaras just can't compare.