November 28, 2014 | 1378 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Jenny297

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my Clarisonic Mia! I've been using for 3 years now. My skin tone has greatly improved. I use it twice a day (a.m and p.m) with my facial cleanser. Lathers great and really deep cleans my skin. Has not made me break out or irritate my skin either. I've used just about all the different brush heads too. A must-have tool in anyone's skin care routine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

RE: ROSACEA AND/OR SENSITIVE SKIN:

It's not like the world needs one more review on the Calrisonic Mia, but I wanted to add this for anyone who has sensitive skin or mild rosacea, like me, because when I was looking into buying this I found the information pretty spotty.

When I first got the Mia I liked it immediately, but after a few days I found the "sensitive" brush that came included to be too harsh on the apples of my cheeks, where I have the mild rosacea. I was thinking of returning it, because even though I enjoyed the soft, clean feeling the Mia gave me, I was concerned about irritating my skin. I looked online and saw that Clarisonic makes a DELICATE brush head and I went to Sephora and picked it up. Thank goodness I did, because switching to the Delicate brush head made the Mia SO much friendlier to my skin, and over time it really has improved the appearance of pores, helps to get all makeup, sunscreen, etc. off, and seems to help my skincare products absorb better and makeup to go on flawlessly. I use it twice a day with NO irritation or flareups. Of course, this is in conjunction with a brilliiant skincare routine from Paula's Choice. If you suffer from Rosacea you should call their customer service and have them help you put together a customized routine to use with your Mia.

Bottom line: The "Sensitive" brush is not for the truly sensitive. Try the Delicate brush, especially if you have Rosacea but are curious to try a Mia. It's very, very gentle and feels wonderful. The only reason I didn't give it five lippies is because it is so freakin' expensive! Even though it's a very high quality device, I consider it a luxury and not a necessity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic Mia changed my skin for the better. I only wish I had gotten this sooner. Went with the Mia because it was cheaper than the original yet still held great reviews, and I don't regret my purchase at all! I've been using the Clarisonic Mia for about 5-6 months now and have definitely seen major results. I started seeing results around the 2nd week of using this, and I never went through a purging phase. I get breakouts less frequently (if at all) and the Mia has helped improved the clarity of my skin, which seems to have evened out in tone. I love how squeaky clean my face feels afterward and it really does do a wonderful job removing makeup residue. As an everyday foundation wearer, I can say that I feel more comfortable with my skin now than I did before since the Mia cleared up my skin incredibly. For the first time, I am getting random strangers telling me I have beautiful skin, and I attribute this to my Clarisonic. I think the biggest plus about this device is that it was able to completely clear those little stubborn, tiny (non-acne) bumps on my forehead. I would highly recommend this, and I have gifted this to both my mother and sister. If you're still not sure whether you want to shell out the money for this, keep in mind that this is a very good investment. At least for me, the changes I have seen in my skin were well worth the money.

EDIT 1/20/14: Can't live without this. Switched to 1x a day. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i don't notice much change in my skin on daily basis after using this but it definitely has had an effect on my skin overall. ive used it for almost a year and didnt think much of it until now! i use it every night. all the other years before using this i would get break outs whenever i am super stressed and did not sleep (i.e. finals or midterm weeks or big projects) but for the past 8 months since using this i have not really broken out even when i get lik 2-3 hours of sleep per night for 1 or 2 weeks. only when i don't wash my face well or when i try bad new facial products i get some pimples but if not i havent seen breakouts since using this. i think its b/c of the clarisonic i haven't changed much in my skin care (except I also started using witch hazel toner...) but perhaps that in conjunction with clarisonic = good. either way witch hazel is lik 2$ so try it with your clarisonic!!! but i have to say, i am not acne prone, just once in a while i get some break outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have owned my Mia for a year and a half and everyday for a year and a half I have used it twice a day. I love it so much it is build well i have dropped it so many times I lost count. It has made such a change in my skin I have been shocked it never fails to amaze me I use the Normal brush head and I love this my three siblings also now all own one even my brother loves it he just wishes for more guy colors. But we all love it My roommate has even bought one. It is a bit high in price but worth every penny. If your going to buy it wait for a coupon and get the double brush head pack.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Julia7239

I joined make up alley to read the reviews of this product and i purchased on the positive reviews. I have been using it for 7 weeks. It started off well. My face felt clean I thought I saw my spots and black heads improving an i was really excited. But recently I started getting spots where I never get them on the tops of my cheeks below my eyes! I kept using the brush and in the last few weeks where the spots were I now have broken capillaries! I look blotchy and it has caused damage to my skin. I am using the delicate brush. It is too late for me to return it, so Im putting it in a draw and returning to my usual skin care, which although I have spots my skin will not be irreparably damaged.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love my clarisonic. you can put it in the shower and get it wet and it won't hurt it. also, a charger means you dont need batteries. it exfoliates and renews my skin every day so that i don't break out. keeps skin young and fresh by exfoliating, forcing your cells to renew faster.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Stephaniejeann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was coming to this product with high expectations especially for my acne-prone, combination skin especially after all the positive reviews I had seen. Were my expectations met? Not necessarily, but I'm satisfied enough with the product that I won't complain about that. I initially used this product and was absolutely delighted with the results during the first couple of weeks. My acne subsided slightly, and the discolorations and scars faded considerably, seemingly overnight. I was extremely happy with the results that this product gave me with my acne scars and pigmentation issues. The more I used the Clarisonic Mia, the less and less it affected my scars and discoloration. It could be due to the fact that I use it a lot less than I did when I first bought it, but I used it too much during the first couple weeks. I suffered from flaky skin because of my overuse, but eventually I realized that I needed to lay off the Clarisonic or else my skin would not be happy. My acne really isn't too terrible to begin with, but it had no effect on my acne or the blackheads on my nose and chin. I was hoping that it would help my blackheads, but no such luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use my clarisonic almost daily, and I do believe it has helped my skin be less congested and smoother. I can't say it is an absolute miracle, but I do think the texture of my skin has improved for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by parahp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I think this product is worth it. It really has improved the texture of my skin. One of my coworkers even noticed that my skin has been looking more smooth lately, so I know its not just a placebo effect sort of thing lol. As far as acne, I have not really seen an improvement quite yet, but who knows, maybe it will improve as time goes by from this. It hasn't made my acne worse by any means. For the record, I have been using this with the CeraVe foaming cleanser since it doesn't cost as much than the one that it comes with. Before I started using this, I would always notice dull clogged looking pores around my nose any on my chin, but now that has gone away! The only slight problem I have found is that I have developed some tiny white bumps on my face, but they are not very noticeable and perhaps since I started using this product recently, they will go away soon.