Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 6/19/2012 1:35:00 PM

I expected a lot from this product given the hype. I wasn't expecting miracles, but I thought this type of tool would be great for my skin type-oily,large pores (but no acne), not sensitive. I've been using the mia with both the sensitive head and deep pore brush for the past 5 months. It does clean better than just using my hands, but I haven't seen any improvement in my skin. Previous to this, I was using the Olay spin brush and prefer this to the mia. The Olay brush was more exfoliating and did a better job of removing my makeup, plus it's a lot cheaper.

I can't return my mia, so I will continue to use occasionally. Overall, I was expecting better exfoliation (hoping this may help with blackheads and large pores), but I can still see gunk stuck in my pores after using this. The Olay brush more effectively clears out the surface of my pores.

on 6/19/2012 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading the good reviews on MUA and watching videos on YouTube, I was convinced that I had to get the mia. I was under the impression that it would help me get rid of the annoying clogged pores on my chin.
After using it for four months, I can say that buying the mia was a colossal mistake -- it did absolutely nothing for my skin. I have learned my lesson. Think carefully and do not be impressionable when it comes to expensive, hyped up beauty products!

on 6/17/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Absolutely worth it! In my early twenties I would get compliments on my skin all the time, and then with tanning and smoking the applause stopped coming. Started to get my skin care act together in my late twenties, but people really didn't started commenting again until I found the Mia. My skin looks gorgeous again.

on 6/17/2012 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love my clarisonic! I've been using it since December and have seen really good results. At first, my skin broke out really bad and was super-red from irritation. I stopped using it altogether for a month. When I started using it again (twice a day everyday) I noticed a big difference in my skin. My acne scars faded, and my face was less red and more even toned. I definitely think it helped with my breakouts.

on 6/17/2012 9:16:00 AM

I wanted to wait to give a review of this product because I wanted to see how my skin truly handled it over time. I have been using this product for 2 months.

Design - This product is very well designed. It is easy to hold and does not slip out of my hand in the shower. It's easy to turn on and off and has an auto-off feature after 2 minutes - which is great because I can be pretty lazy in the shower and lose my number when counting over the different parts of my face. My only gripe with the design is that water can get caught under the brush head, so about once a week I take the brush head out to make sure it's all dried out underneath it.

Brush head variations - I have extremely sensitive and acne prone skin that tends to break out when using scrubs and exfoliants - so I was very concerned to purchase this product. I figured I would probably return it within the 90 days I had to test out the product. I had no idea that they created brush heads with different bristle variations. I chose the extremely delicate one and figured I'd swap it out if it was too light. For my skin, this brush head works perfectly. The bristles are soft, but not too soft that they don't do anything. I still feel that I am getting adequate exfoliation on my skin.

Functionality - This product oscillates and does not spin, which is probably why it feels gentler on my face then that of a "spinning brush". I move it in circular motions over my face for the 1-2 minutes that it recommends. I avoid my cheeks because they are even more sensitive than my t-zone. I did not and have no plans to use the soap that comes with the kit, so I cannot comment on the functionality of the soap. I use a soap that was recommended to me by my dermatologist (a soapless cleanser) and that works perfectly fine.

Storing/Charging - I use this product once a day for the recommended amount of time and this product holds a charge for a solid 2-3 weeks. I store this product on a shelf in "open air" overnight and in the morning when it is dry I put it in the medicine cabinet with the plastic brush protector overtop. I wash it with hot faucet water after using to remove any dirt/dead skin cells. I'm sure there are better methods for cleaning but I was concerned with mixing products/chemicals on my face.

Results - Before using the Clarisonic my face was extremely dry and peeling from my Retin-a. I have used a retin-a for 2 years in conjunction with Clyndamycin in the morning as a spot treatment for acne. It worked, but I never felt that my skin was looking the way I was hoping it would look every morning. My lotion never actually hydrated my face and simply treated dry skin in the moment. After 3 weeks of using the clarisonic my peeling skin is no longer here and my random popup breakouts and clogged pores have diminished significantly. My lotion is also now hydrating my skin the way it is supposed to, which makes me think I was not cleaning my skin the way I should've been in the past. Before using this product I also was a daily makeup wearer - foundation, concealer, blush, etc. The past 2 weeks I have worn nothing on my face but a little blush, and felt confident enough to leave the house - especially when I received a compliment on my nice skin in a grocery store (imagine that?! one day I'm an acne patient at the dermatologists office and the next I am getting skin compliments with no foundation). I did try to use this product twice a day for 2 days in a row, and although it initially felt good, I started to feel that it was too drying for my skin, so I went back to once a day. I've also stopped using the Clindamycin and am now only using m Retin-a, for the first time in years. I have also noticed that many of my hyperpigmentation spots are also fading and almost gone at this point.

Overall - this product was worth it for me personally. I did not experience "the purge" as other's commented on - though I did experience a purge when I was in the first 2 months of my retin-a. I understand this product is not for everyone, though their 90 day money back agreement makes it intriguing for someone to try who has similar skin.

on 6/17/2012 3:31:00 AM

Edit 17/07. WOW! I stopped using this for a week while interstate and I can't believe how horrible my skin felt after that! I had lots of dry rough patches of skin around pimples etc, mixed with my lovely combination very oily T zone. Yukky! The Clarisonic Mia has helped me clear it all away again :) I guess the only problem is that you have to use it constantly - but that is the case with everything.

This is a great exfoliator, It makes my skin feel smooth, soft and clean. I use it in the shower so its pretty easy to remember to use it. It's pretty good, my skin is slowly getting better and less congested.

on 6/14/2012 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm sort of struggling with what to rate the Clarisonic Mia--I don't think that it's the miracle product that will give you brand new skin that I keep seeing people call it (nothing is, except the heavy stuff), but I also noticed that the company doesn't claim to do a lot of the things that others have said that their Clarisonics have done for them, so I can't really fault them for that. I have had a very good experience with my Clarisonic--I think that it is a solid tool that, if you have the money, will make your skincare routine easier, but it is by no means a necessity or the be-all-end-all of modern skincare.

To start off, I've been using the Clarisonic Mia every day for seven months, which I think is enough time to get a good grasp of the product. Three of those months were with the normal brush head, four of those (most recently) have been with the deep cleaning version. Regarding the state of my skin: after graduating from college and jumping into a pit of unemployed stress, my face broke out worse than it ever has been in my life and stayed that way for months, so I've been constantly looking for things to help me get it back to how it was when I was a teenager (how's that for irony?), including four months of using the Olay Pro-X brush, which has been touted as a cheaper Clarisonic alternative. Basically, I've gotten a very good look at the market, so I think that I'm in a position to talk about it a bit.

The Clarisonic does exactly what it claims--it gives you an incredibly deep clean that takes your makeup and any grime off better than basically any product that I have encountered on the market. It exfoliates gently and leaves your skin feeling absolutely wonderful--supple, soft, and squeaky clean (and that is all that they claim to do). Because the surface is clean and your pores have been scrubbed out well, the products that you put on it will sink it better--in my opinion, that's what people are seeing more than the Clarisonic doing things like getting rid of acne scars, dry patches, etc. If you used the Clarisonic with no moisturizers, acne treatments, etc., I'm not sure how out-of-this-world effective you would find it. Do I think that it helped my acne? Maybe. If so, it wasn't an immediate, "wow-you-look-incredible" improvement, or even one over the space of a full skin cycle (around 7 weeks). The fact that it gets my skin so clean, however, almost definitely has some sort of effect, and my skin has been clearing up (which could be attributed to a number of factors in my life). The one place where I did notice an immediate improvement was when I switched to the deep clean brush and the clogged pores around my nose appeared smaller and clearer.

The tool itself is a great design--it feels substantial (can get a bit slippery in wet hands), is fully waterproof, and has a brush head that is easy to take on and off (this is important, as they advise cleaning it every three days, but I do it every day because it's the perfect breeding ground for bacteria). It has a nifty magnetic charging system that enables it to be fully waterproof (no plugs), and it holds its charge well (you get a few warning buzzes when it's about to die). I have it in pink, which is a pretty color. I've also dropped it quite a few times, but it has survived with nary a dent!

The big question, though, is if it's worth the pricetag. The Clarisonic is clearly much more advanced technology than its lower priced competitors (I'm referring mainly to the Olay Pro-X brush, which I used for four months). While the Olay Pro-X rotates, the Clarisonic uses sonic technology to clear out the gunk on your face--it's the difference between a Crest Spinbrush and one of those fancy sonic toothbrushes (same science behind it). I'd say that, especially with the deep cleaning brush, the Clarisonic is more effective, and left my skin feeling nicer than the Olay brush. That said, I don't think that it's so effective to the point where you shouldn't think about the fact that it's so expensive--it's a good product and, if money is not an issue, go ahead and buy it. For the rest of us, though, I wouldn't say that it is the necessity that so many people have made it out to be. You can still get a good, decent clean with the lower-priced alternatives and a careful routine of cleansers, exfoliaters, and toners--and, also, a spinning brush like the Olay Pro-X. I said above that I would buy it again--I guess that I would, but it's the kind of purchase that you make and say that it will last you for the next ten years to justify the price. I definitely don't see the justification of buying the full-sized Clarisonic instead of the Mia, unless you really want that body brush.

I like my Mia a lot and would recommend it, but read Clarisonic's claims and know exactly what it is before you set your expectations for what it is.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Bought the Mia on sale with a coupon code online, LOVE it. I have used it for over a year with no problems. I use the Cerave cleanser with it. The brush head I prefer is the deep pore brush head. Those brush heads are not rough, they are simply thorough. I have sensitive skin and found that unlike with exfoliation from certain facial cleansers the Mia simply makes my face feel clean with no over drying or after use break outs. The proof is in the brush after I cleanse, I see the left over make-up. I wash my make up off first with Dove and then use the Mia with the Cerave and my Mia brush has the left over make-up on it and I only use blush, eye shadow and mascara MOST days. I HIGHLY recommend the Clarisonic Mia. If I had the money I would buy the pro, BUT the Mia is still an essential, small and compact and let's face it (so to speak) on a daily basis would the average woman exfoliate their entire body or just their face? I have small hands and I can hold it and use it without difficulty. The Mia is practical and effective. I paid $99 with a coupon code from an online retailer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a skin saver. Truely makes skin glow after one use. Has changed the entire condition of my hormonal acneic skin. To those disappointed that it doesnt spin: Its not supposed to. It uses a technology called oscilation which is used to drive products into the skin or pull debris out. This definitely pulls debris out of your skin.

on 6/5/2012 10:35:00 PM

So i am a teen, and was breaking out bad before this. I used to have perfect skin, then suddenly i got these bumps that just wouldn't go away, my face on my cheek looked bruised. So i decided you know what thats it im going to try the clarisonic, so I bought it. OH MY. Its amazing. It really cleanses everything out of your skin so theres no way that anything can sit in there, wether its dirt and dust, pollution, or makeup. I got it about 2 months ago, it did take a while to start seeing major changes but i started feeling the change right away. I use this with my Burts Bees Deep Cleanser soap bark and chamomile , and my skin hasn't looked this good in a while. It comes with little samples of cleansers, but for me those had a weird smell. Packaging was amazing, charger is adorable and I would definitely buy it again. As for the price, I thought of it like this. So many times we go into the drugstore buying 10 dollar little cleansers that we hope work, and go after them one after another trying to find that up. It adds up pretty soon, so why not use the clarisonic, one investment, amazing skin. TRY IT ! You will absolutely love it

Popular Misc Beauty Tools