September 18, 2014 | 1853 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using my Mia for years. Not sure if it gives results that would be any better than using a wash cloth or scrub. It's really hard to judge if it works or not, I would have to compare how my skin would look if I had never purchased this to what it looks like now to really know. I like to think it does since daily exfoliation is recommended, the vibration massages my facial muscles increasing blood flood, and the vibrations supposedly help clear debris out of my pores too. I do like using it though and will keep using it but I doubt I would purchase another one if it broke it's just too expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Kooba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product! Skin feels super soft and clean after using it. After using it for awhile, I have noticed my skins overall texture to have changed for the better. Smoother, and the dry patches have disappeared. Took off one lippie because it is quite expensive. Other brands have been coming out with less expensive versions, however, I have talked to friends who have other models and do not like them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by DiAni

My boyfriend bought me this with a sensitive brush head for Christmas so I have been using this for about three months. Personally if it was me I would never buy such a godawful expensive thing .
- Before using Clarisonic Mia: I have light/medium yellow undertone Asian skin (NC 25), pretty clear but uneven, dull and sensitive. Occasional blemishes happen only when I disassociate monthly. Skin is annoying dry around nose and mouth while oily pretty much else where, also there are numerous blackheads on my nose, clogged pores between eyebrows and chin.
- After using Clarisonic Mia: I changed my acne face wash into Cetaphil when I started using this and did not experience any purging breakouts. My skin texture has improved drastically after three months: the pores on my cheeks are smaller and less noticeable, and my skin is much much softer and smoother now (which makes foundation goes on more smoothly). Uneven skin tone has lessened but not much and dry patches are still here. I have blackheads and clogged pores on my chin and nose, but instead of increasing in numbers, they kinda stay the same and easier to extract and eliminate. Also, I haven't had a pimple since using this, even when it's that time of the month. Oh and I love this on days when I wear foundation because it takes off everything (I use makeup remover to take off my e/s and lip products before hand). This is also nice to for lip exfoliating, I just run this across my lips for like 5 seconds.
On the negative side, the brush feels very abrasive on my cheeks and so I am hesitant to buy this for my teenager brother since he has breaks out very often and this may worsen it. I will buy the delicate brush head to see if there is any difference. As of now I have hit a plateau of sort and I don't see any dramatic change anymore, but it's very nice to have my skin stays as it is right now.
- I wash my brush head with antibacteria soap and warm water every week, air drying the brush head and the cap after every use and store it in a dry place.
- To be honest I was expecting model perfect skin after reading reviews about Clarisonic Mia from MUA, but then I realize that kind of skin only exists in Photoshop land and Clarisonic is damn amazing in its own right. I think it is a very worthy product and can replace many creams and serums. Do buy this as a good place like Sephora so you can return if you don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by RobynLeigh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for four days. That's it -- just four days, and I can already see a big difference in my skin. In fact, it's so noticeable my husband asked me this morning why I had makeup on at 7 a.m., and when I told him I wasn't wearing any, he didn't believe me at first. My teenage sons even commented on how nice my skin looks. My complexion is more even and brighter. This is a miracle product. So glad I finally gave into the temptation and bought this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Lojona

I can only imagine the negative reviews are from people who aren't using this product properly. I'm 40 and have slightly oily skin. I use the Mia with my PCA Facial Wash in the evening to remove my makeup and clean my face. Here is the trick: Only gently place the bristles on your face. DO NOT PUSH the bristles against your skin. Run the Clarisonic over your entire face until it shuts off and THAT'S IT. Then, rinse your face and follow with your toner. I do this every night and I can tell you my skin is completely cleaned, soft and in the best shape it's been in for years. I think people push the bristles into their face, causing scratches and damage to their skin. The only negative I can say is that you need to use about twice as much face cleaner than when you simply wash with your hands. The idea is to have enough product to work over your skin so it's not just wet bristles. I love my Clarisonic.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by princeandpuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wish I could say this was a miracle product for me like basically everyone else on the planet. Unfortunately not the case.
I have sensitive/dry skin and hoped this would help slough off some of the dead dry skin to reveal the luminous beauty I always thought existed just under that dryness. It cleaned my skin but wouldn't say any better than a manual brush and instead revealed a plain old me. Given the price I'd hoped for something life altering like the reviews on the sephora website and here have claimed.

It does come with a satisfaction guarantee so I'll try to return it. I can update as to how their customer service is at a later date.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by scarlattimakeup

1 Month: I purchased the Mia in lavender about one month ago and I'd hate to say it and sound like every other person who gushes about this gadget... its the best purchase I have ever made in my life!
I had been cyber-stalking all of the different Clarisonics for a long time and finally decided to bite the bullet after enduring months of frustration with mild-moderate acne.
I really think this thing cleared my skin, but it wasn't completely love at first use(s). After using it a few times I LOVED how it made my skin feel so CLEAN and FRESH but I developed a few cystic acne bumps that lasted about 1 week. More recently my lips and the area around my lips have been really dry and I'm not sure if that is because of the Clarisonic (even though I don't use it on my lips).
I generally use it with AcneFree or an Olay face wash twice a day.. I will probably edit this in the future to update my experience with it as I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by TPan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Only one word for this product- WOW!  I received as a gift and have been using it for one a half months every night (sensitive brush head) with cetaphil.  Stubborn whiteheads have been cleared, skin feels cleaner and smoother and I use a lesser amount of skincare serums and creams because they glide on so easily.  It's important to keep the brush head clean and dry so I wash and wipe with a towel after every use as well as wash before use. I do not use the cover so the bristles can dry after each use.  Love love love! I received the berry coloured Mia. It's so pretty :)
UPDATE: 22 August 2012
I'm still happy with my Mia :) I've changed to the delicate brush, which came free in the starter pack and I'm much happier with it. The first couple of days felt odd because I could hardly feel it. It was just the transition period from the sensitive to delicate brush. The delicate (blue) is a lot more soothing and gentler. It cleans just as well as the sensitive. I prefer it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sazzled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful love love LOVE it! brought this a couple of months ago after a lot of internet research and toying with getting the cheaper olay option and boy i'm glad i went the whole way and got this. I use it morning and evening and my skin has never been so clear and fresh, my hyper-pigmentation and old acne scars have disappeared and on the odd times i do get a spot it clears up in like two days when it used to take weeks! i highly highly recommend this its worth every single penny.

only thing i would say is be carefully what cleanser you use with this its worth buying a decent one to reap the full benefits. I started off using a Biore exfoliating cleanser in the morning and a Garnier cream cleanser in the evenings and my skin was beautiful. ive since changed to Simple and Johnsons and its just not as good, i'm definitely switching back as soon as they run out!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

I've been using my Clarisonic Mia for two and a half weeks now so this is an 'early stages' review. I will update this review in another two weeks.
Good things- I do notice that my night cream and my foundation seem to go a lot further than they used to. My night cream absorbs in about 20 minutes now whereas it used to not really absorb at all and I'd wake up feeling a little greasy still. I'm now able to use about 1/3 less of my liquid foundation to get the same level of coverage I previously got (I don't quite get why this is but it just is).
Bad things- CHIMPLES! I've been using the Mia once every second day but I forgot to use it one day so for the last two days I used it both days. BIG MISTAKE. I now have a massive cystic pimple on my chin. It's huge and red and very deep under the skin. Urgh. I also have a couple of black heads and white heads on my chin that have popped up literally overnight. I never usually get pimples or even congested skin on my forehead but I now seem to have 3-4 small bumps up there. Again, these literally appeared overnight. I know from previous reviews that some purging is to be expected. I could have dealt with a white head or two but wtf, this chimple hurts!
I don't get the 'ultra clean' feeling that people talk about. I've used a couple of different cleansers with the Mia but haven't felt that they have got my skin any cleaner than just using them with my hands. Maybe I just haven't found the right cleanser?
Lastly, I am using the sensitive brush but sometimes it feels a bit to rough for my skin. I use a very light tough yet it still feels a bit abrasive. I haven't encountered major redness or skin issues relating to this so maybe I just need to toughen up.
Hopefully in another two weeks I can report that I have glowing, chimple-free skin!