October 25, 2014 | 1280 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by LauraAshely

I love the MoroccanOil. I have used many other products on my hair and I haven't been able to find one that makes me like my hair until I was recommended this by my hair stylist. I was skeptical about buying it considering the price and my other failed attempts at product usage, but after using this I have seen a dramatic difference in the texture of my hair. I have thick, natural curly hair and it drys out very easily. This product makes for an easier time styling my hair and I feel as if my hair is healthier all together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by AbsoluteScentualist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What more can I say about this product that hasn't already been said? Thanks to a wonderful and absolutely sweet MUAer, I received the travel size bottle of this product in a swap and while I'm often pretty skeptical where hair products are concerned, Moroccanoil is amazing!

Yes, it is expensive. I haven't tried Josie Maran's take on argan oil but that is the only other argan oil product I can think of with such an extremely high price point. And yes, the travel bottle is inconvenient as it is a pour bottle and there were occasions when I got more product than I needed. And yes, there are 'cones' galore and if you want to avoid those, don't go near this stuff. Lucky for me, my hair adores 'cones' and I don't seem to get very much build up that can't be fixed with a good shampoo. But all of these concerns went right out the window when I applied some of this to my damp hair and then brushed it out.

The smell is lovely and not overpowering, somewhere between vanilla, incense and what I imagine must be the actual argan oil scent itself. It is really concentrated and even my ridiculously absorbant hair didn't require very much. After I massaged it in with my fingertips then brushed, I just let my hair dry naturally and the end result was the cat's pajamas! I couldn't stop running my hands through my usually coarse, dry, frizz-prone and product-sponge hair!

My shoulder length, dry hair that's prone to split ends and frizz felt fabulous and was definitely shinier than usual. It didn't feel weighted down or heavy, but light, moisturized, soft, silky and healthy and the smell was subtle enough to not interfere with my perfume... And blends nicely with Ajmal and Montale frags. :)

I was so impressed that after I used up the smallest bottle (which took me four or five months), I invested in the largest professional size bottle. It is the 200ml size and comes with a pump for much more manageable dispensing and application, and I also didn't have to pay the full price as I found a reputable seller on Evilbay and even got free shipping, which took the edge off for sure.

I'm also trying out the Sally Beauty Supply argan oil line from One n' Only side-by-side with Moroccanoil as I got the trio of shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioning masque free with the purchase of a curling iron during a December promo (and they're normally half the price of the Moroccanoil version since I have to reign in my c/d habit where I can lol), and I picked up their version of argan oil treatment to try as a comparrison. It is quite good for almost 1/8th the price, and while One n' Only's effects don't seem to last quite as long in my hair, the fragrance is more floral and stronger and the product seems a bit thicker for some reason which means I get more out of the bottle sometimes than I'd prefer, it is a good alternative and works wonderfully in my daughter's waist-length, wavy and frizz-prone hair and I don't have to go through my Moroccanoil quite as quickly between the two of us. It's certainly almost as good, and for the price you really can't go wrong with the One n' Only line if you want travel-safe packaging or don't want to pay Moroccanoil's prices.

But back to Moroccanoil. If I could give this product an eleven, I would do so without a doubt. Again, it was quite the investment, but I only need one or two pumps with each use and imagine the bottle will last me forever. It is rare that a hair product all but leaves me speechless and in delighted shock, so hats off to you, Moroccanoil, for being everything I'd hoped you'd be and more, and thanks to that fateful swap with an awesome MUAer who introduced me to such a fantastic product that just didn't play nice with her hair. I owe you! It is an expensive infatuation, but worth every penny. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by serialthrilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This costs a small fortune, and the packaging is awful, but it's worth every penny. This has done incredible things for my thick, dry, coarse, naturally curly hair. It takes half the time to blowdry and straighten my hair, and just a few drops keeps my style frizz-free for days. If you're intimidated by the pricetag, pick up the smaller 25mL bottle. You only need a teeny tiny amount, and even that tiny bottle will likely last you months. If you've ever been frustrated by frizzy, dull, or hard-to-straighten hair, you NEED this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by oliviamorgan88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has proven to be a great moisturizer for my long, fine hair. I apply a tiny, I mean TINY amount to the ends (about halfway down) of my hair post-towel drying pre-blow drying. I do enjoy the smell of this product and find that the scent doesn't last very long. I have been using this product for about 6 months now and I haven't put a large dent in the container.
The container is the only problem with this product. Packaging is always a seller, and this product certainly wouldn't sell itself without the hype around it. The hideous orange and blue label with the screw-top lid on a glass bottle leaves a lot to desire.
Overall, the product is a good one, and worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Natalieoooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it is very hard to find a product to help with damaged hair, but for me this has worked the best so far. I get the japanese hair straightening about once a year and this has dried out my hair a lot. I used to use the Kerastase leave in oil and that worked well for a while but I just find the Moroccan oil works a lot better and is a MUCH better price. It is $50 per bottle but has lasted ages so far! I highly recommend this product. It is definitely worth a try :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Elektro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product! ....Except the packaging is terrible.

I apply it to damp yet towel dried hair before blow drying. I have long hair and only apply this about halfway down and pay extra attention to the ends of my hair. I put some on my bangs too since they like to frizz up. I find that this stuff keeps my hair looking freshly cut every day and minimizes my split ends. My hair has a nice shine to it, and since i avoid the roots i never have a problem with oiliness and heaviness. I bought my original bottle in august and i still have half left.

On to the packaging....mine is the full size glass bottle with a twist cap. I guess the quality of the glass is good since i've dropped it and it hasn't broken. BUT i HATE the lid! I hate pouring it into my hand and sometimes getting too much cuz there's absolutely no flow control! Maybe there's a pump or something that i dont know about.... oh and i never bring this stuff travelling, the lid leaks and i've gotten this stuff on my clothes because of it.

Definite repurchase even though the packaging sucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wonderful product. I add some of this to towel dried hair just before blowdrying. It reduces drying time and leaves my hair silky smooth. They have now added a pump to the bottle, which is so much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My sister loves the smell of the moroccan oil. To be honest, some people either love it or hate it. For me, I don't particularly like it.

Basically, this product aims to moisturize your hair ends without it being crunchy, oily, or leave residue on your hands. It's quite amazing how easily my hair absorbs the oil, as if it's a serum. I use about 2 pumps on my hair. My sister on the other hand uses 4 pumps and you will notice the difference. A 100mL bottle will last you approximately 3-6 months depending on your usage.

So does it really treat your hair over the long run? I'm not too sure if it really does. I suppose it will prevent split ends, but it won't do much to chemically processed hair that is severely depleted of keratin/protein. You will still need regular protein treatments and a leave-in conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Azizeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this oil. I get The Brazilian Blowout done on my hair. It isn't curly, but it's thick with the individual strands being fine. The problem with my hair is the texture. Without a flat iron, it is fluffy. Humidity does the same thing, and I live on the beach.

I hated The Brazilian Blowout products, and am trying to keep my hair moisturized so I can grow it longer. I can add this oil to my hair many times a day and it is never weighed down, never looks or feels greasy. Love the smell and my hair is so shiny. Recommend the whole line.

I do have to wash my hands very carefully afterwards, otherwise the product will be stuck to my skin. Only improvement would be if it came in a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by melanwal

I bought the moroccan oil products recently from a local beauty supply outlet and absolutely love them. I use the shampoo and conditioner. I have been dying my hair for years and have tried many different salon quality shampoo and department store brands. I have to say that this is by far my favourite product yet. My hair smells amazing, has more shine and seems all together more manageable. I also find that I don't have to wash my hair as frequently. It is a bit pricey for the size of bottle you get but you only need a small amount. You get a lot of bang for your buck. I really thought this was going to be another product that I would use and not be overly impressed with but I was completely wrong. I love it and will continue to purchase.