L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

3.6

Magnifier Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Rayon, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methyparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecandiol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide.
Extender: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, Acrylamide, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Rayon, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May contain: CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007 (Ultramines), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), FIL D32060/3.

Hmm. I saw the ad for this mascara in a magazine, and it looked amazing, so of course I went out to buy it. The first time i used it without a lash curler and i do not lie, it did extend my lashes and did exactly what it said it would. My friends even asked me if I was wearing false lashes. But remember, this was the first use. After awhile I didn't wear it for about a month, and when i unscrewed the white primer, it was extremely gloopy and took a few pumps to become normal viscosity again. The brush could be better but otherwise I do recommend this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I usually prefer Lancome mascaras, but given L'oreal is an off-shoot & I wanted the false-lash effects, I decided to give these a whirl. First, it does lengthen my lashes, in a dramatic fashion, and my lashes are kinda short, so that really impressed me. This is the only mascara I have ever used that did this. (I have not tried the YSL one) I am especially excited that you can actually see my lower lashes with this product! However, if you want volume, you may be disappointed with this product cuz it doesn't thicken much (I layer either Volumous or Hypnose over it to do that & this works).

I would not, however, claim that this product produces an effect like false lashes. If you want one that does, look elsewhere. Also, be prepared to experiment with this product to get it right. You really have to get the second layer on before the first one (primer, which is white and makes your lashes look really weird, spidery some folks described it and I agree) dries, or it doesn't work well.

What I like best about this mascara, is probably what it doesn't do, more than what is does do. It really doesn't smudge at all, and if your tube is new, it doesn't flake. I am suprised to hear it clumps for some other reviewers, mine never does this. It is very easy to wash off with warm water, no remover needed, if you do it right. (if you do it wrong, it pulls out your lashes and is a total PITN.)

Overall here are the pros and cons:

Pro: Lengthens markedly, dramatically and impressively (including my tiny lower lashes) while still looking natural. No Smudging, Clumping, Smearing, Flaking and very easy to wash off (if you follow the instructions on the package!) Inexpensive (compared to say, MAC, Lancome, EL, etc.)

Cons: Does not provide any volume, will pull your eyelashes out if you don't use it correctly. Doesn't look like false lashes, which is a "claim"
I hate the package design, and that it takes 2 steps. The brush could be a lot better--thicker would probably make the lashes thicker too. Doesn't curl. Not user friendly. Limited colour choices.

The primer part of the mascara is really, really good. I sometimes use it and then layer another product over it (like Hypnose). The primer does most of the lengthening I think. I would (and have) bought it again and I think its a good deal for the money. If it thickened too, I'd say it was HG. I wish they would provide colours other than black. Until then, I may just use the primer part and layer my coloured mascaras over it (i have layered Hypnose, MaxFactor, and other Loreal mascaras over this with success--as long as I got the 2nd layer on before the 1st layer/primer dried) I give it a 5 because although it aint HG, its a great product for the price and exceeds my expectations. If it costed more, I'd fail it for not living up to its claim to make eyelashes look like falsies, but I knew from the get-go that wasn't gonna happen.

Don't do it girls. I will give it this: It stays on and it does not smear.. and it's a cinch to remove! But dad-blast it, it cost me $20 and after 8 uses the white part (the tubes, I think) turned into a giant glop which I had to wipe away, making me lose like 1/2 of the product! I'm so mad because it does give you longer lashes and it is the only product I've been able to use on lower lashes without any smudging, but come on! Not to mention it is very difficult to handle it due to dumb packaging. Technically it should be two separate products that come together in one package and the white part should not glop like it did. I take great care of my makeup--to no avail with this stuff.

on 5/25/2009 11:24:00 AM

I got this for days when I didn't want to bother with fake lashes but still wanted something more than "natural". This did not perform as well as I had hoped. The packaging is big and awkward. I agree with reviewers when they say it doesn't add ANY volume... none at all. It does add "some" length but no more than any other regular mascara. One good point is that this mascara does last all day... even through water,sweat etc. with NO smudging! You actually have to use soap or makeup remover and rub in order to get it off completely (but u don't have to rub hard...that's the surprising thing! Comes off when YOU want it to come off :)) For that i give it a thumbs up....but I wouldn't purchase again. Price is $12.49CDN at LD...a little pricey for such an average product :(

on 5/24/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Pros
- it has a prep side
- nice black color if you only want black
- the short wand works in my favor
- looks good in its packaging

Cons
- looks pretty boring (no shimmer, not very drama black, etc)
- not a lot of product
- cannot build up
- not great volume, length, or definition
- kind of watery (it runs all over my lid)
- cannot hold a curl for long
- expensive as hell!!!

on 5/24/2009 12:18:00 AM

I bought this when WalMart dropped the price to $7. I'd been thinking about trying it, but kept reminding myself that I always end up reverting back to MAC, Clinique, or Lancome Mascaras.

I tried this out one night before work (graveyard shift) and was amazed instantly at the results, telling all the guys I worked with to let their girls know to buy it!!! I then did some thinking after the first shower and easy, yet odd, removal of the "tubes". I wondered if it were the primer that did that, the mascara, or a combination of both? Well, the following night, I used my Lancome Fatale with it. HOLY HELL!!! My lashes didn't just look like I used some falsies, but looked like I used the lush "I'm going to Cinderella's Ball" false lashes!

Simply amazing, if nothing more than the primer itself, this product rocks!

Reminder to others though: Do one eye at a time or it'll get all clumpy because you must still use it while the primer is damp to turn out correctly!

like the product alot if u use it corectly gives very good length and seperation i almost like it as much as diorshow

on 5/23/2009 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this mascara for several months, & I have to say I can't live without it now.
I bought my first tube when it just came out, since I really like the concept-- beauty tube. I also like that I can take it off without using the eye makeup remover, which really irritate my eyes. When I first tried it on, I was so surprised that it made my lashes so soft and I couldn't really feel it. It never smudge, neither it would flake. This is very important to me, since I have to spend more than 10 hours at school, and I don't want to end up with racoon eyes or red eyes ( I had a surgery on my eyes, so they r super dry and senstive). I just read some other reviews, which say that it clumps easily. I never have a problem like that, even if I put the mascara on after the primer has dried out. It's so natural that my mom can't tell I'm wearing a mascara even she's sitting next to me.

on 5/23/2009 9:29:00 PM

I can't believe how much I love this mascara! At first, I was kind of iffy about it, but now that I've been using it for a while, I know how to apply it just right! I am a mascara junkie, and every now and again, I think "Hmm... I think I'll try one of my old mascaras today...", and I *always* wind up regretting it, even though I'm using mascaras that I used to LOVE before I had tried Beauty Tubes. It WILL clump if you just put it on quickly like other mascaras, but if you take an extra minute or two to really comb the brush through, you will be rewarded with amazing lashes!

My tips for applying -
When you put the primer on, be sure to scrape the wand on the side of the container as you remove it. I find that less primer is the KEY to being able to separate, define, AND lengthen. Make sure you apply the primer with the scraped-off side of the brush (duh). As others have said, apply the black mascara RIGHT after you do this... One eye at a time!

Plus, like most others said, this stuff is a dream to take off. No raccoon eyes!

This might just be my favorite mascara ever. Yes, I'll buy it again -- I actually just bought two more tubes on a buy one-get one free sale.

What I love about this mascara is that it stays on, no matter what, until I wash it off, and I don't need to use a special eye makeup remover. When I say it stays on, it stays on -- I wear this to the beach, and it handles waves and sweat and sunscreen, no problem.

It took me a while to get down the best technique to apply it, but I'm now able to create many looks from subtle to dramatic. Like other reviewers, I definitely recommend applying the black mascara immediately after the primer.

The only drawback, in my opinion, is that it looks a bit gross when the tubes are washed off. My sink often looks like a spider genocide went down, with discarded tubes all over the bowl! But I'll cheerfully clean my sink more often if it means I can look glam on the beach.