December 19, 2014 | 1119 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by BelleDiamond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was super excited when I saw the commercial, since I've never been happy about the length of my lashes, and L'Oreal claims that this mascara is as effective as synthetic lashes.
I was very happy about the length, it was actually better than anything else I tried in that department.
The problems started after.. It irritated my eyes pretty much the minute I put it on even when I curled my lashes right from the tip; I'm thinking this was because of the really thick consistency. After the 3rd or 4th use, somehow the mascara got even thicker, to the point where about 3 or 4 of my lashes stuck together. It looked gross. I slept with it on one time - BIG mistake. My eyes got so irritated that they were itchy for about a week and I couldn't wear any mascara at all.
Because of it's extreme thickness, I started diluting it with a very tiny bit of water (maybe 1 or 2 drops), which did give it a nicer look and easier application, but still irritated my eyes.
And taking it off is a pain. I used warm water as they suggested (you're not supposed to use soap on your eye area), and makeup remover with a cotton pad, but I still ended up having to literally pull the tubes off my lashes. This mascara does actually create those advertised tubes.

So overall I like the look (when diluted with water since it dries out very quickly - even though I obviously never leave it open), but I hate the way it feels and the difficult removal.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by lalalizz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first Loreal mascara purchase...&& I love it! The primer isn't think and when applied with practice, it primes your eyes && kind of makes them fuller even before you apply the mascara. It's best if you apply the white primer on one eye at time. So put the primer on and finish that eye with the mascara BEFORE SWITCHING TO THE NEXT EYE. Thats with any eyelash primer. Because if you apply primer to both at the same time...it will dry and your mascara won't go on well at all. This product really gives you the "false eyelash" effect. Perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by LevisMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great concept, but doesn't really work, at least not for me. It's not new either. Other companies have used it in the past. Since it has a primer, which is white, you are supposed to use that to get the full effect. But I've found with many of these mascaras with white primers, is either the primer never dries to a clear or with some you are not supposed to let it dry, so either way when you put a black mascara over white, it looks grey. And I don't think that these primer included mascaras really make that much difference than just applying several coats. Yeah, the tubes come off with water, but they come off sooner that that. This stuff flakes. Doesn't smear, but takes a little longer to apply. I wouldn't buy this unless you think you need a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by KatieStardust

I love this mascara! It makes my lashes look very long but fairly natural. Don't expect volume or curl from this- I curl my lashes beforehand.
When I apply, I wiggle the brush gently and it seems to take care of clumps. My lashes don't feel dry at all.

It really didn't smudge on me, so it is Holy Grail material!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Jadedkrystal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a bad mascara for wearing to work. I've managed to wear it for the entire day and not have it smudge or flake away. Adds a nice bit of length, but doesn't do much for volume or curl. Comes off nicely too with warm water.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by angelndevil

i like this product. because all the other mascaras would make me look like a racoon . i used to buy kiss me , that's 35 CAD , it's very expensive , and the only reason i bought it because it's tube. when this mascara comes out , i bought it and tried it . that's waht i am looking for , iam not a racoon any more . but interms of long , volumn , or curve , well , don't expect too much . it just defines ur lashes little bit , give them a little pop . honestly not the best in show , but i will only use this until something better come out .

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Mom2pdm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, this is the first "Tube" mascara I have purchased and when I first cleaned my face with this stuff on, I honestly freaked out because I though my actual eyelashes were coming off onto the washcloth...LOL

But that is how this mascara is removed. Very clean and does not leave any residue on your eyelashes. I love this mascara and will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I really love this product.
It take some skill to apply.
The brush that it comes with is horrible and very clumpy.
What I do instead is ( after using the primer ) I use my own brush ( a CLEAN, stiff mascara brush ) to dip into the "step two" stuff and use that to apply instead of the brush that comes with it.
This mascara is great once applied correctly.
It doesn't smudge and when I wash my makeup off, it doesn't become this horrible mess of black drips and water down my face.
As long as you gently pull or wipe the tubes off you wont pull out any eyelashes.

*EDIT*
Why do I stray from this mascara? This stuff is the best. Hands down.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by tcprst

Very drying to my lashes. When I used just water to remove the product some of my lashes came out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by petzgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure all those people below me aren't applying the mascara right... or something. I personally love this, no other mascara has given my lashes this much length. The thing is you actually don't let the primer dry before putting on the mascara, you just apply it right after. I like this better than fiberwig too. Applying mascara can require some technique, this mascara can clump a little, but it's just because there is too much mascara on the brush. The only problem I have with this mascara is that taking it off is a little hard because you have to use warm water, but the nice this is that it comes off completely clean, and there's no residue mascara left on my eye.

I'm also asian and of course my eyelashes are pretty tiny! But I highly recommend this if you truly want longer lashes.