July 29, 2014 | 1938 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by sweetwonder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was horrible. Made my lashes stick together did not do as the advertisments stated. Do not waste your money and don't believe the advertisments.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 7:42:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

UPDATE: (click continued to see pic link) fyi this is what my eyelashes look like 16 hours after 1 coat of this product

I am conflicted about this mascara. I've used virtually every primer/mascara combo on the market and this one has really good points and really bad points. Sometimes it's excellent and it lengthens, curls, separates... everything you could ever ask of a mascara really. Other times there's WAY too much mascara on the brush and it's clumpy and gross.

Sometimes it's so good (and I probably shouldn't admit this) but when I've been lazy and haven't taken off my make up from the night before, my lashes looks AMAZING. Seriously better than the day before. And no smudging! No black under the eyes ever with this mascara.

I've found that if I want this mascara to be really good, I have to get a make up wipe and wipe the mascara brush to get rid of the excess product. This is wasteful of both wipes and mascara. Not sure if I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by reneandwinter

I have a friend who swears by this product. i was not so impressed. I thought it made my eyelases look funny and when i went to take it off some of my own eyelashes came off!! Ewww..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by wee_moggie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff, and here's why: this is the ONLY mascara I have ever used, and I've used plenty, that does NOT smudge! I can't express how happy I am about this!

It does make my lashes longer, but not necessarily any longer than other mascaras. I was using Jane MaxLash, which made my lashes really long, but smudged on me, like all other mascaras. When I speak of smudging, I mean smudging under the eyes.

This is the only mascara I will be using from now on! I had given up hope of finding a mascara that didn't smudge. This is truly my HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

For a drug store brand, I think it's way more of a deal than the Imju fiberwig. I like the primer and the mascara itself isn't bad. I think it does an alright job lengthening and making my lashes look thicker. It's not the best mascara out there, and personally the whole tubing mascara thing doesn't really do much for me. I wouldn't buy this again since I like other mascaras a lot more.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by waiyi

I am Dior Show user, but I just ran out Dior Show, and I don't feel like to drive 30 mins to Sephora, and I read the magazine which has a fairly good review on this mascara, so I decide to give it a try.

First, it does lengthen my lash, but not dramatic enough for me, it is really natural looking. And if you want volume, you shouldn't even consider to buy it, coz u will be very disappointed. I really miss my Dior Show, it gives me volume and length, like false lash.

Second, it doesn't smudge, flake and very easy to wash off. This is the best part of this mascara. Usually, I can't use Dior Show on my bottom lash, coz it will smudge. And Dior is much more difficult to wash off compare to Double Extension Beauty Tubes. This mascara just likes "Kiss Me" mascara, it comes off like a tubes.

Pro: Lengthen, but on the natural side. No Smudge, Flake and Easy to wash off.

Con: No Volume, Expensive (for drug store brand)

BTW if you love this Mascara, now Walmart offers Special Bonus 2Pack (for one Mascara price), which is very good deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by kelgnar13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love tube mascara. It doesnt leave a mess around your eyes. I like the black mascara side, but not the extensions side. The black mascara part washes off with warm water and isnt clumpy. It extends lashes and makes them thicker. However, the other side, is a white kinda mascara that looks like you have white gunk on your eyelashes and doesnt completely disappear when you put the black over it. I just use the black side. Still like it. No mess is a good thing

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I purchased this cause of all the hype of it giving you "false looking lashes" and so forth. I was disappointed at first and hated this mascara, I kept it in my traincase and never used it. Then one day I took it out and used it and realized that although it doesn't make my lashes look amazing, it definitely works amazing when I want less dramatic eyes and more natural. This is now my go-to mascara for when I do more natural eyes, or on days when I don't feel like going over the top. It does take a while to get off, which I love. I'm a sucker for waterproof mascaras! The only thing I don't like is the double ended packaging, I have big hands and I just feel awkward when holding this. As for the price, I think I paid over $10 for this but i've seen it on sale at drugstores for like $7 so I think if you wait and look around you'll pay a good price for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Kelsey_22

I bought this product due to the fact that the only thing that could take it off was warm water. I work 12 hour shifts and by the mid day, my eye lids get oily and my eye makeup starts to smudge and my mascara sometimes rubs off. So I started usinh waterproof, but the oily removers were horrible, and the mascara was hard to get off. So I tried this stuff. Initially I hated it, thought it was another mascara gimmick I fell for. I hated the origianal double extend mascacra, so I almost gave up on this. The trick, I found, it to skip the first coat, the white stuff. Thats what gives the spider legs. I also use a different brush if I want a more precise evening look, but otherwise, I just do a few quick coats with the regular brush. This stuff will stay on for over 24 hours, without I flake or smudge, I swear! This prioduct would be perfect without the base coat and with a less wirey wand. But until produce that, I will continue to buy, just for the sheer staying power alone!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Laudes

I was pretty excited to try the L'OREAL "Beauty Tubes" mascara, since I had already tried & just loved an earlier "tube" mascara by KISS ME, and L'OREAL's version costs much less! I still love, & still use KISS ME's tube mascara, in fact (more about that mascara further down).

OK, so: Yes, you definitely DO get tubes on your eyelashes with L'OREAL's "Beauty Tubes," but they're less like "beauty tubes" and more like "inner tubes"! Seriously, though: I've never succeeded in getting anything but lashes that look like the legs of a tarantula with "Double Extend Beauty Tubes." It didn't matter how gentle & careful I was with its application, either. I used it four or five times - no dice; it never got better than, say, "unattractive."

As another reviewer pointed out, this leaves your lashes looking very unnatural. Even if you prefer glamorous, "unnatural" looks (i.e, false eyelashes, super-metallic eye shadows and/or glittery eye liner, etc.), you won't like this mascara.

(BTW, if you want to try a good "tube" mascara, I recommend KISS ME's [about $26]. It looks great, is totally waterproof, & comes in the usual colors plus purple, green, etc. Only one caution: be sure to curl your lashes very well before applying it, or you'll get stick-straight lashes. Also - it adds little, if any volume - just length. However, it makes much more delicate tubes than L'OREAL's version - no
"tarantula-leg" lashes!)