L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

3.6

Magnifier Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Rayon, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methyparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecandiol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide.
Extender: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, Acrylamide, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Rayon, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May contain: CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007 (Ultramines), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), FIL D32060/3.

on 6/8/2009 2:56:00 AM

This looks pretty good on and lengthens great, Does not clump. However I was shocked to see someone say it's easy to get off? This is a b*tch to get off! It takes several attempts for me to get this off and when it finally does it's all stringy and gross. I will not buy this for the simple fact of the difficulty it takes to get off your lashes!!! Can't be good for them!

on 6/7/2009 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked it at first. It made my lashes really thick and long and wasn't clumpy. But then as the days went by it got clumpier and clumpier and junk was congregating around the rim of the tube. Also, when you take it off it comes off in clumps and pulls on your lashes, which is not cool. Will not buy again.

on 6/7/2009 9:38:00 AM

I absolutely love this product. It is the best mascara I've ever used, that lengthens my lashes so much!
Some people said, that it doesn't give any volume, but that's not true! At least for me, it voluminizes my lashes a lot.
I also can "curl" my lashes even without eyelash curler while using this mascara.

on 6/7/2009 2:05:00 AM

You gotta use it correctly to get this to work for you.

but the BIGGEST key factor is that you need to do one eye at a time. Coat both top and bottom of the lash. not just the regular one coat on the bottom side of the top lashes.

Sure it's more expensive than the regular mascara at the drugstore...but hey, if it gives you the results i would pay for it.

i got the "false lashes" look :)

on 6/7/2009 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

bought this on a whim. wouldnt buy again. does give length but leaves lashed dry and crumbly. does come off easily though. also dissapointed it didnt come in brown or atleast black brown.

on 6/6/2009 11:23:00 PM

I have very mixed feelings about this mascara. It does exactly what it says it does, and it's kinda strange, especially when you are removing your makeup. It actually looks like you are washing your lashes off! After reading a few reviews on here, I will give this another try. It makes my short lashes longer, but does not make them any fuller.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I learned about this from a fellow Makeup Artist, and she loves it so much that I had to try it. It works by making tubes on your lashes. Put on the white coat, and DO NOT LET IT DRY before putting on the matching mascara. You want to coat the top of lashes as well as the under side. So you are creating tubes and not just a one sided coat. It may take some time to get used to a new kind of mascara, but once you do you'll see the results. It lasts until you take it off. As for those that don't love having to do two steps... well it takes an MUA alot longer to create amazing lashes with just one mascara. $7 at Walmart. My pic shows my real lashes. Once you start with the black mascara, keep going until you get the effect you want. This creates the tubes.

Hmm. I saw the ad for this mascara in a magazine, and it looked amazing, so of course I went out to buy it. The first time i used it without a lash curler and i do not lie, it did extend my lashes and did exactly what it said it would. My friends even asked me if I was wearing false lashes. But remember, this was the first use. After awhile I didn't wear it for about a month, and when i unscrewed the white primer, it was extremely gloopy and took a few pumps to become normal viscosity again. The brush could be better but otherwise I do recommend this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I usually prefer Lancome mascaras, but given L'oreal is an off-shoot & I wanted the false-lash effects, I decided to give these a whirl. First, it does lengthen my lashes, in a dramatic fashion, and my lashes are kinda short, so that really impressed me. This is the only mascara I have ever used that did this. (I have not tried the YSL one) I am especially excited that you can actually see my lower lashes with this product! However, if you want volume, you may be disappointed with this product cuz it doesn't thicken much (I layer either Volumous or Hypnose over it to do that & this works).

I would not, however, claim that this product produces an effect like false lashes. If you want one that does, look elsewhere. Also, be prepared to experiment with this product to get it right. You really have to get the second layer on before the first one (primer, which is white and makes your lashes look really weird, spidery some folks described it and I agree) dries, or it doesn't work well.

What I like best about this mascara, is probably what it doesn't do, more than what is does do. It really doesn't smudge at all, and if your tube is new, it doesn't flake. I am suprised to hear it clumps for some other reviewers, mine never does this. It is very easy to wash off with warm water, no remover needed, if you do it right. (if you do it wrong, it pulls out your lashes and is a total PITN.)

Overall here are the pros and cons:

Pro: Lengthens markedly, dramatically and impressively (including my tiny lower lashes) while still looking natural. No Smudging, Clumping, Smearing, Flaking and very easy to wash off (if you follow the instructions on the package!) Inexpensive (compared to say, MAC, Lancome, EL, etc.)

Cons: Does not provide any volume, will pull your eyelashes out if you don't use it correctly. Doesn't look like false lashes, which is a "claim"
I hate the package design, and that it takes 2 steps. The brush could be a lot better--thicker would probably make the lashes thicker too. Doesn't curl. Not user friendly. Limited colour choices.

The primer part of the mascara is really, really good. I sometimes use it and then layer another product over it (like Hypnose). The primer does most of the lengthening I think. I would (and have) bought it again and I think its a good deal for the money. If it thickened too, I'd say it was HG. I wish they would provide colours other than black. Until then, I may just use the primer part and layer my coloured mascaras over it (i have layered Hypnose, MaxFactor, and other Loreal mascaras over this with success--as long as I got the 2nd layer on before the 1st layer/primer dried) I give it a 5 because although it aint HG, its a great product for the price and exceeds my expectations. If it costed more, I'd fail it for not living up to its claim to make eyelashes look like falsies, but I knew from the get-go that wasn't gonna happen.

Don't do it girls. I will give it this: It stays on and it does not smear.. and it's a cinch to remove! But dad-blast it, it cost me $20 and after 8 uses the white part (the tubes, I think) turned into a giant glop which I had to wipe away, making me lose like 1/2 of the product! I'm so mad because it does give you longer lashes and it is the only product I've been able to use on lower lashes without any smudging, but come on! Not to mention it is very difficult to handle it due to dumb packaging. Technically it should be two separate products that come together in one package and the white part should not glop like it did. I take great care of my makeup--to no avail with this stuff.