February 1, 2015 | 1098 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by SonyaAdams

I bought this when WalMart dropped the price to $7. I'd been thinking about trying it, but kept reminding myself that I always end up reverting back to MAC, Clinique, or Lancome Mascaras.

I tried this out one night before work (graveyard shift) and was amazed instantly at the results, telling all the guys I worked with to let their girls know to buy it!!! I then did some thinking after the first shower and easy, yet odd, removal of the "tubes". I wondered if it were the primer that did that, the mascara, or a combination of both? Well, the following night, I used my Lancome Fatale with it. HOLY HELL!!! My lashes didn't just look like I used some falsies, but looked like I used the lush "I'm going to Cinderella's Ball" false lashes!

Simply amazing, if nothing more than the primer itself, this product rocks!

Reminder to others though: Do one eye at a time or it'll get all clumpy because you must still use it while the primer is damp to turn out correctly!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 More reviews by Alina333

like the product alot if u use it corectly gives very good length and seperation i almost like it as much as diorshow

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by chloechan88

I've been using this mascara for several months, & I have to say I can't live without it now.
I bought my first tube when it just came out, since I really like the concept-- beauty tube. I also like that I can take it off without using the eye makeup remover, which really irritate my eyes. When I first tried it on, I was so surprised that it made my lashes so soft and I couldn't really feel it. It never smudge, neither it would flake. This is very important to me, since I have to spend more than 10 hours at school, and I don't want to end up with racoon eyes or red eyes ( I had a surgery on my eyes, so they r super dry and senstive). I just read some other reviews, which say that it clumps easily. I never have a problem like that, even if I put the mascara on after the primer has dried out. It's so natural that my mom can't tell I'm wearing a mascara even she's sitting next to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by proud_korn

I can't believe how much I love this mascara! At first, I was kind of iffy about it, but now that I've been using it for a while, I know how to apply it just right! I am a mascara junkie, and every now and again, I think "Hmm... I think I'll try one of my old mascaras today...", and I *always* wind up regretting it, even though I'm using mascaras that I used to LOVE before I had tried Beauty Tubes. It WILL clump if you just put it on quickly like other mascaras, but if you take an extra minute or two to really comb the brush through, you will be rewarded with amazing lashes!

My tips for applying -
When you put the primer on, be sure to scrape the wand on the side of the container as you remove it. I find that less primer is the KEY to being able to separate, define, AND lengthen. Make sure you apply the primer with the scraped-off side of the brush (duh). As others have said, apply the black mascara RIGHT after you do this... One eye at a time!

Plus, like most others said, this stuff is a dream to take off. No raccoon eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by SummerOnTheBeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This might just be my favorite mascara ever. Yes, I'll buy it again -- I actually just bought two more tubes on a buy one-get one free sale.

What I love about this mascara is that it stays on, no matter what, until I wash it off, and I don't need to use a special eye makeup remover. When I say it stays on, it stays on -- I wear this to the beach, and it handles waves and sweat and sunscreen, no problem.

It took me a while to get down the best technique to apply it, but I'm now able to create many looks from subtle to dramatic. Like other reviewers, I definitely recommend applying the black mascara immediately after the primer.

The only drawback, in my opinion, is that it looks a bit gross when the tubes are washed off. My sink often looks like a spider genocide went down, with discarded tubes all over the bowl! But I'll cheerfully clean my sink more often if it means I can look glam on the beach.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by PamelaMartin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know, I love this mascara almost unconditionally. It's absolutely smudge-proof, smear-proof and tear-proof and It comes completely off when I wash my face warm water- not leaving any pigment soaked into my under eye area at all, which I hate. Never need to use eye makeup remover.

My only fault with this mascara, and the reason I didn't give it a full 5 lippies, is that it thickens SO much, it clumps easily, and it's not easy to separate. It definitely thickens and lengthens... exponentially so.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2009 6:07:00 AM More reviews by anatiku

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the WORST mascara I've ever bought. and I love L'Oreal mascaras.
The mascara stung my eyes as if there was alcohol inside.
When I tried to was it off, my lashes came off with it (and this wasn't the waterproof version). Since I don't have myriads of lashes to begin with - this was the last straw!
Also, the primer was dry-ish, but that was the least of my problems.
I returned it immediately for a refund.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by bubblyboo2

pros:
-really easy to remove
-no smudge

cons:
-clumps
-lengthens the same as my clinique doubling mascara
-thick consistency
-wands are a bit big
-doenst keep curl
-its pretty expensive for a drugstore mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It lengthens well and keeps my hard-to-curl lashes in place. Tips: Keep in mind that it is a tubing mascara- it looks like you're losing lashes but that's actually the tube that covered your lash. Also, apply the mascara before the primer dries to prevent clumping.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by BelleDiamond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was super excited when I saw the commercial, since I've never been happy about the length of my lashes, and L'Oreal claims that this mascara is as effective as synthetic lashes.
I was very happy about the length, it was actually better than anything else I tried in that department.
The problems started after.. It irritated my eyes pretty much the minute I put it on even when I curled my lashes right from the tip; I'm thinking this was because of the really thick consistency. After the 3rd or 4th use, somehow the mascara got even thicker, to the point where about 3 or 4 of my lashes stuck together. It looked gross. I slept with it on one time - BIG mistake. My eyes got so irritated that they were itchy for about a week and I couldn't wear any mascara at all.
Because of it's extreme thickness, I started diluting it with a very tiny bit of water (maybe 1 or 2 drops), which did give it a nicer look and easier application, but still irritated my eyes.
And taking it off is a pain. I used warm water as they suggested (you're not supposed to use soap on your eye area), and makeup remover with a cotton pad, but I still ended up having to literally pull the tubes off my lashes. This mascara does actually create those advertised tubes.

So overall I like the look (when diluted with water since it dries out very quickly - even though I obviously never leave it open), but I hate the way it feels and the difficult removal.