September 21, 2014 | 1995 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I really love this product.
It take some skill to apply.
The brush that it comes with is horrible and very clumpy.
What I do instead is ( after using the primer ) I use my own brush ( a CLEAN, stiff mascara brush ) to dip into the "step two" stuff and use that to apply instead of the brush that comes with it.
This mascara is great once applied correctly.
It doesn't smudge and when I wash my makeup off, it doesn't become this horrible mess of black drips and water down my face.
As long as you gently pull or wipe the tubes off you wont pull out any eyelashes.

*EDIT*
Why do I stray from this mascara? This stuff is the best. Hands down.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by tcprst

Very drying to my lashes. When I used just water to remove the product some of my lashes came out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by petzgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure all those people below me aren't applying the mascara right... or something. I personally love this, no other mascara has given my lashes this much length. The thing is you actually don't let the primer dry before putting on the mascara, you just apply it right after. I like this better than fiberwig too. Applying mascara can require some technique, this mascara can clump a little, but it's just because there is too much mascara on the brush. The only problem I have with this mascara is that taking it off is a little hard because you have to use warm water, but the nice this is that it comes off completely clean, and there's no residue mascara left on my eye.

I'm also asian and of course my eyelashes are pretty tiny! But I highly recommend this if you truly want longer lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ebeauch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this mascara. The first tube I bought, I loved, but the second tube seemed to clump an awful lot. I love the fact that it is literally NON-smudgeable. I was wearing this mascara when I saw Marley and Me, and thank goodness that I was!! When I walked out of the theater, my mascara hadn't budged!
Can't say it really does much for length, but the lasting wear is worth giving it a shot if you haven't tried it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by typicalprototype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this stuff is awfull i bought it expecting something great and good kinda like a dior show or some thing but then made my lashes look thinner and if you want thickness forget it . not getting any thing like that here i expect alot more from l'oreal i have only not like two things from them this being one of them i would expect a crappy product from covergirl or some thing

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually like this mascara a lot. I've been using MAC Mascara X, but it did smudge a bit when my eyes water (as they inevitably do in my windy environment). Beauty Tubes gives me length I've never seen with any other mascara, and it doesn't smudge, even on my lower lashes. However, after reading other's reviews, I feel like I must be using a completely different formula! There is no clumping or tarantula lashes on me, nor do I find my lashes stiff. Quite the contrary, actually - my lashes seem smooth and flexible. This does look quite natural on me; it just makes my lashes look longer and darker. I have noticed that if you don't follow the directions EXACTLY (do one eye at a time with the dark coat applied immediately after the white coat), then it will clump badly and look a bit gross. Perhaps some of the previous reviewers didn't read the directions before disposing of the packaging?

EDIT: After using for over a week, I find this product to irritate my rather sensitive eyes when worn on a regular basis. I deducted one lippie for this reason. It is unfortunate, because I do like the look I get when I use it. I will continue to use for special occasions or when it's extra windy, since it doesn't smudge.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Hellokittyqt87

Waste of money made my eyes itch. I do not have sensitive eyes either.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by sweetwonder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was horrible. Made my lashes stick together did not do as the advertisments stated. Do not waste your money and don't believe the advertisments.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 7:42:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

UPDATE: (click continued to see pic link) fyi this is what my eyelashes look like 16 hours after 1 coat of this product

I am conflicted about this mascara. I've used virtually every primer/mascara combo on the market and this one has really good points and really bad points. Sometimes it's excellent and it lengthens, curls, separates... everything you could ever ask of a mascara really. Other times there's WAY too much mascara on the brush and it's clumpy and gross.

Sometimes it's so good (and I probably shouldn't admit this) but when I've been lazy and haven't taken off my make up from the night before, my lashes looks AMAZING. Seriously better than the day before. And no smudging! No black under the eyes ever with this mascara.

I've found that if I want this mascara to be really good, I have to get a make up wipe and wipe the mascara brush to get rid of the excess product. This is wasteful of both wipes and mascara. Not sure if I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by reneandwinter

I have a friend who swears by this product. i was not so impressed. I thought it made my eyelases look funny and when i went to take it off some of my own eyelashes came off!! Ewww..