April 20, 2014 | 1138 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Laudes

I was pretty excited to try the L'OREAL "Beauty Tubes" mascara, since I had already tried & just loved an earlier "tube" mascara by KISS ME, and L'OREAL's version costs much less! I still love, & still use KISS ME's tube mascara, in fact (more about that mascara further down).

OK, so: Yes, you definitely DO get tubes on your eyelashes with L'OREAL's "Beauty Tubes," but they're less like "beauty tubes" and more like "inner tubes"! Seriously, though: I've never succeeded in getting anything but lashes that look like the legs of a tarantula with "Double Extend Beauty Tubes." It didn't matter how gentle & careful I was with its application, either. I used it four or five times - no dice; it never got better than, say, "unattractive."

As another reviewer pointed out, this leaves your lashes looking very unnatural. Even if you prefer glamorous, "unnatural" looks (i.e, false eyelashes, super-metallic eye shadows and/or glittery eye liner, etc.), you won't like this mascara.

(BTW, if you want to try a good "tube" mascara, I recommend KISS ME's [about $26]. It looks great, is totally waterproof, & comes in the usual colors plus purple, green, etc. Only one caution: be sure to curl your lashes very well before applying it, or you'll get stick-straight lashes. Also - it adds little, if any volume - just length. However, it makes much more delicate tubes than L'OREAL's version - no
"tarantula-leg" lashes!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by xoxMISSYxox

It left my lashes looking unnatural... wont be buying this product again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is weird. Weird short-handled brushes which produce a weird spider lashes effect. My lashes are pretty long, and this mascara doesn't do anything for me. it also leaves me with very crisp and hard to the touch lashes, which do not smudge but feel very very stiff. Won't be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive for a drugstore mascara, and not that great! I feel that this was a really innovative and great idea, but poorly executed. It is suppose to give you a 'lash extension' sort of effect... and it did make my lashes slightly longer, but gave no volume whatsoever so the length wasn't noticeable, and also had this weird spidery finish that looked like it would flake but it thankfully didn't. Held the curl nicely, but because of that strange finish, it wouldn't let me layer another mascara over it for volume because it would clump. And besides, considering that I'm already putting on two mascaras in one product, why should I have to use yet another one on top?? Had better results with l'oreal telescopic, and that's only a one step mascara and cheaper. Therefore this is definitely not worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by wabineequa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This hands down the BEST mascara I have ever tried. I have reasonably long, though a little on the wimpy side in terms of volume, lashes. Dark hair. I hate scrubbing my face with soap and makeup remover only to end up with black circles around my eyes at the end of the day. This stuff STAYS all day, no smearing, flaking (even through workouts), and yet simply washes off with warm water. The tubes just fall away with no tugging. Totally amazing. Lengthens really well and give decent definition. It reminds of this expensive french mascara I used to buy years ago that had white "fiber" base followed by actual mascara. This has a similar idea, but works better and less expensively.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by kmaurer2708

After experimenting with the first tube I bought, I actually found that I love this product, when I am using each side individually. I tend to use the beauty tube primer side with a more expensive mascara, like Dior Show, and it makes my lashes look AMAZING. They're long and they're not clumpy at all. When I am just going out for a quick trip to the mall or something, I just use the mascara side and although it doesn't lengthen my lashes, its still easy to take of at night and I never worry about flaking or circles. The only con I found with it is when I wash off the "tubes." You actually have to pull your lashes which scares me slightly, but with a wash cloth if you just gently rub back and forth, they come off better. I've already purchased my 3rd tube of this stuff and I can make it last twice as long by not using the two sides together.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by fperfecto

i like this product for 2 reasons. first, i never have to worry about under eye smudging as in, go the the restroom around 3 pm only to see that i've been walking around the office looking like a raccoon. second, i've never had a mascara that delivered what it promised and i expected every.single.time. i've had on and off days using even lancome fatale.

i also cheat by curling before and after application, if that makes any difference. i'm not crazy about removal but that's something i'm willing to live with for a mascara that makes my little asian eyelashes existent!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty much the only thing I like about this mascara is that it washes off extremely easy and doesn't flake or smear all over my face. I've even slept in it a few times and it doesn't do that. The performance is pretty blah though, nothing special. No lengthening, no volumizing, in fact they did have that sort of "stick" look. Plus it cost $10 which I think is expensive for a drugstore brand mascara. Spend another $9 and get the most amazing mascara ever, benefit bad gal.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by marlove

I had the same experience as krispie5. I think it makes my lashes look spidery and dry, even when I apply as you're supposed to (primer immediately followed by mascara). Also, my upper and lower lashes keep sticking together. It does seem to lengthen and thickens somewhat, but I don't like the overall look it gives. It does wash off easily, which is a plus, but not enough of one to make me buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by kissmeimtinyy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

pros: washes off easily and does not leave ANY residue which i know my eyes are thanking me for, does deliver on the length promise.

cons: no volume whatsoever. i remember reading a review that said her lashes looked like "lash sticks", which is an apt description.