Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

I decided to try this product in summer because my regular estte lauder was just too heavy to use . I got matched for intensity 2 and I was lucky enough to get a sample. I had such high hopes for this foundation but I was very disappointed. The color match is ok , intesity 2 is too yellowish and 1 too light and 3 too dark ( this foundation has a limited color choice). I found the texure of this product chalky and sticky, it is not easy too blend ( not creamy) and if you try to layer it or even build it, it will look cakey. Once it is on, it feels sticky and the lasting power isnt great either . I had it on for a family gathering and by the end of the day my face was oily and the product had completely melted away. The coverage is fine if you have pretty good skin otherwise this foundation wont cover acne or scars. If you set it with a powder it looks a bit cakey . I also felt like it made my pores more visible. The only two things that I like about this product is that it looks great in pictures( your face looks almost perfect) and the packageing is also ok but overall I wont buy this foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation goes on reall nice and smooth and it does feel light at first BUT it made me break out and by the end of the day it felt really heavy and my skin was oily.it has nice coverage as well but didn't really work out for me. :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

For reference, I'm on the cusp of my 20s with dry, flake-prone skin that also has a propensity for redness and the occasional annoying-but-manageable breakout, usually just prior to shark week.

I couldn't get on with this at all. Before I launch into why the gunk itself was so impossible to make work, I have to mention the shittiness of the colour range. I am admittedly very pale indeed (particularly for somebody 1/4 non-white) but I'm not mistakable for an albino. It's unusual, but there are people paler than me. The palest shade of this foundation leaves me with a glaring, musty orange-brown tidemark around my chin. BOO.

I think arguably this stuff's ONLY positive is that is has a nice smell, although that's no doubt down to the use of copious chemical-y masking perfumes. I mean God, this foundation! Even its one and only silver lining is actually just another cloud - what does that say?

When trying to identify the adjective that best described the look and texture of Double Wear Light, I kept coming back to chalky and then abandoning it. Chalky suggests a certain unctuousness, a thickness if your prefer, and this - hence its name - is by no means thick. In the end, I finally was able to pounce on the adjective I'd been hunting for. Dusty. This is an incredibly dusty foundation. It was dry to the touch, and sufficiently thin that the coverage was simply uneven rather than mask-like. Its thinness and general lack of coverage meant that it was not much good at hiding up redness, and also meant that, rather than catching upon and HUGELY exaggerating perhaps the three or four most dry patches on one's face but being relatively smooth over the rest of it (as thicker too-dry foundations tend to), it simply clung everywhere it was put. To a much less aesthetically offensive degree, but because it clung everywhere it seemed to create small, shallow dry patches literally all over my face, where I didn't even know there were any. Even in soft-focus reflective surfaces that didn't pick up on the dusty patchiness of the finish, DWL's lack of oomph was clear. The finish was just dull. It was matte, but not in an 'I don't have a shiny face' way, in an 'I've had a veil of some kind of very finely-milled grain brushed all over my face' way. There is no radiance to it at all - in fact it made my rather dewy skin look completely flat, almost sandy.

Worst of all, the very first time I wore it, I had applied a moderate amount and proceeded to cleanse it off perhaps 6 or 7 hours later, absolute maximum. All my pores, which had just shrunk enormously from the recent discovery of holy grail skincare products, were suddenly knobbly with what looked like across between a blackhead and a whitehead (clearly a blackhead so 'full' in the pore that it had started to spill out and thus slightly resemble a whitehead). I valiantly tested it out a number of times after this, and the result was exactly the same.

Thumbs down from me. If it were a cheapo product it might be forgivable (although I still certainly wouldn't buy it again) but at that price, they've got some serious nerve providing such a lame product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had high expectations for the light version of DW. I am so disappointed :( Yes, the texture is nice, it feels very lightweight like I am not wearing anything, but it also _looks_ like I am not wearing anything. It's sheer, only adds a bit of color and that's about it. I do not understand how so many people report that it covered everything they needed - my skin has cleared up considerably over the past two months but I still need to hide old acne scars, some redness, and overall even out my skin tone. DW light does none of that. If I try to double it up as a concealer in the critical places, it starts to cake. I could wear just my normal concealer and it would look better...
To give it some credit though, I must say that it indeed feels very nice on skin, does not cause breakouts, stays put the whole day, and contains vitamins A, C and E apart from sunscreen so it's really good for your skin. Plus it's oil-free i.e. ideal for summer.
If only it gave some coverage. Even if I mix a small amount of the regular DW with moisturizer to make a light tinted moisturizer, it covers up much better... so I think I will just to stick with that over summer.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I used to use the original Double Wear but found it too heavy after a few bottles, luckily this coincided with the release of the Light version. Im shade 2, and mix this with some Maybelline bronzer drops and its ideal! It doesnt budge, isnt too heavy, and stays flawless all day!!! I will use this foundation for evenings out now, as I have switched to a tinted moisturiser for Summer, but once Winter hits, ill be back on this! x

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have been testing both this and regular Double Wear for about the past month, thanks to some very generous samples. I've been alternating between the two foundations and trying different application methods to determine which to buy. Frankly, I don't find a huge difference between the two foundations. Based on my results (45 plus with dry skin) the major difference is 1) color selection (I found a better match in Double Wear Light's 01), 2) bottle (obviously this glass pour-top bottle is ridiculous. DW Light is in a tube) and 3) dryness. It could be my imagination but it seemed that regular Double Wear made my skin slightly tighter and dryer than DW Light.
I was told the best way to apply either foundation is with a foundation brush. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of brushes. I have been applying it with a damp makeup sponge and this gives a lighter coverage. I then go over areas that need more coverage with a second light coat. As others have stated, you do need to moisturize well if you are dry, and for me, it works better with a primer, too.
One of the nice things about this foundation is you don't need powder because the coverage is matte (and stays that way). You may not need concealer, either. I am used to medium or even full coverage foundations. If you don't like foundation you may need some time to get used to this. However, one thing I liked about it was it doesn't feel heavy (at least, not when applied with a sponge). With some other foundations, I feel conscious of it on my face all day--either because it becomes oily, it wears off or it wipes off. With this, once it's on, I am not aware of it at all.
One negative: This foundation does not give a "glowy" result...I usually do some bronzing powder / highlighter on the cheeks to add liveliness. However, it's not as flat/dull as Revlon Colorstay, which left me looking gray and dead. This is more like a classic, lightly powdered foundation look.
I first decided to buy this stuff on a day when it reached 96 degrees. Every part of my body was sweating, even parts I didn't know could sweat. Somehow, my face barely perspired and when I did wipe some beads of sweat off my upper lip, no makeup came off. I was sold. It actually feels like this makeup KEEPS YOU from sweating somehow....
If you are debating either of these foundations, I highly recommend getting samples from Estee Lauder - every Estee SA I've ever dealt with has been really helpful--and testing various situations, applications, etc. before you decide.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The original Double Wear didn't work for me at all...it felt tight on my skin and whenever I would smile I could feel an odd tugging sensation in my cheeks . As for the Double Wear Light formula, I love this stuff. It's creamy, lives up to it's 15 hour wear claim, provides medium coverage, light-weight (can't feel it on your face once it's dried), and has natural looking coverage. My only complaint is that Intensity 1.0 is too dark for me and there isn't a lighter shade available. I would compare the Intensity 1.0 shade to MAC NC20.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Easy to blend, feels comfortable, coverage medium, stays matte reasonably (up to 4 to 5 hrs). Love the packaging, simple but very effective. But 1 lippe off for color selection. I have this in no.3, 2 is too light, and 3 is really a tad too dark for me. So I have to mix this with a lighter foundation (I use MAC studio fix NC25 or Lancome's silky matte in 3 or Rimmel's stay matte #200) to get the right shade. If EL comes up with better shade selection, I might rebuy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow, this foundation is amazing! I apply it with my fingers and covers pretty well, looking very natural... I'm really impressed. And the tube is perfect. It's just a little bit too pink for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this foundation on my oily skin but the colour range is poor. I can wear shade 3 when I have a bit of a tan but the paler shades are way too pink on me so I can't use it at all at the moment and struggling to find anything near as good as this. Foundation normally disappears off me in a couple hours but this really lasts up to 12 hours and more. I still blot through the day but it doesn't transfer at all, I just wish they had a better colour range I can't even find a match in the original DW :(