Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 3/11/2011 2:18:00 PM

Love this stuff (shade 3.0). I just tried the hd makeup forever foundation in my shade 153 (nc40) and didn't like it. By the end of the day i looked darker than my skin color and dull and it caused breakouts. Mac studio fix and fuild broke me out so bad (HATE YOU). seriously DWL foundation is god send, doesnt cause breakouts, last all day (yay), doesnt change colors. with this foundation i dont even use a powder on top and very little concealer if any. AMAZING stuff, I love estee lauder products!!! Just tried the new daywear cream which doesnt cause breakouts for me either. All there products are non-acnegenic btw (looked it up on their website). PS. I dont write reviews EVER (i only read them) but this foundation is so amazing i had to write a review :)

I have this foundation in INTENSITY 2.0.
Maybe because of this (as I think) I couldn't give absolutely objective review, for it is a bit dark for my skin tone, and also yellowish, and I've pale skin with cold pink undertone, so I hope you'll understand...
But, anyway, this foundation has quite a nice consistency, smooth, bendable, glides easily, medium coverage. No breakouts, no allergy etc. Everything is just Ok!
Just three things I really don't like:
1. Intensity 2.0 is too dark/yellow undertone for me.
2. Somehow it gives a strong shimmering effect to my face, and I don't like it at all, for I need to fix it with loose powder, and then to blot my face several time a day.
3. Rather princely.
Will not repurchase even 1.0.

on 3/1/2011 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I wasn't able to find a match in the regular EL DW as none of them were yellow enough for me so the sales lady suggested the light version. I was matched to intensity 3 and the color was a pretty close match (slightly dark but it'll do). It gives me medium coverage and doesn't leave me all oily looking by noon =) This is definitely a good option for girls who are a bit more on the oily side. It is also priced reasonably too ($40CAD). I would definitely buy this again!

on 3/1/2011 6:17:00 AM

I was using full cover foundations for a long time, and now, I am trying to just accept the way my skin is - I have got a few scars, some bad ones. But I don't want to pile on make up to hide imperfections. I just want to even out my skin a little bit.. with this foundation, the coverage is quite alright actually. I use it with a damp sponge and it covers quite well, but without the heavy feeling of foundation sitting on top of your skin. I just blend it quickly. You can't really layer on this product. I think you may have to do it all at once... When I tried to layer on the foundation for a night out, it didn't work... it just looked the same as the first application! So that's a no-no. The other thing is, the price - it is just so expensive. For a day to day use, if you're going to use a little bit, it's quite good, stays for a long time and doesn't oxidize (at least not on me), also, my pores didn't seem to be enlarged when I used this, but for a night out, I would say, use something else... and at the end of the day, I use a daily scrub to remove this... I'm really on the fence with this.
EDIT: I change my mind about this product. After using it for months, I think its the best foundation I've used for a long time... I just bought my 2nd tube of this.

on 2/27/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have a new found respect for Estee Lauder Double Wear line!
I love the the original Double Wear and I have that in shade Ivory Beige.
I went out to my closest estee Lauder counter and asked politrly for a sample of the Double Wear Light, also love the service at Estee Lauder, the SA are always a delight to speak to! The Sa did not hesitate and immediately gave me a sample, I kid you not, it would have lasted me 2 or more weeks, the shade she gave me was in Intensity 3.
I love the shades of Estee Lauder foundation, they match my skin extremely well!
This foundation felt extremly light, no need for setting powder because it dries on its own, which mean one less thing I have to put on my face. The covergae is light to medium, and is buildable. Last all day, perfect for day wear.
I always have a habit of applying primer prior to foundation, but I realized that with Double Wear you dont need a primer!
I will be purchasing this very soon, after my sample runs out!

on 2/27/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this foundation because:
1. It doesn't leave my face oily and keeps my face matte throughout the day. My skin tends to get oily after 2 hours of wearing my mineral makeup, but with this foundation I can work my 5-8 hour shift without it melting on my face and leave me looking like an oil slick.
2. Staying power is sensational. I can apply my makeup at 8 AM and still look fresh at 8 PM.
3. The packaging is great because it comes in a squeeze tube so there is minimum wasted product.
4. Although this foundation can be work as a medium to full coverage, it doesn't make my face look cakey or feel heavy as the original DW does.
5. It covers redness and blemishes decently. But I still had to use my Sonia Kashuk concealer.

Cons:
1. I just wished in came in more shades. I was matched in intensity 3, but when I got home, I found that it looked a little light and ashy and gave me a ghostly appearance in photos. So I exchanged it intensity 4 which was a little darker but looks better overall.

on 2/27/2011 12:33:00 PM

I love this foundation gives me enough coverage to even out my complexion drys to a matte finish so i don't need to use setting powder and stays on all day. I also love the packaging sleek and easy to travel with. I wear shade 2 and matches pretty well.

I absolutely love this foundation.
I'd just bought Chanel Mat Lumiere and was hating it, I went to York designer outlet for the day and upon glancing in a mirror and witnessing my greasy, patchy looking face I immediately ran to the CCO shop to panic buy a new foundation. I ended up picking this one. They had intensity 1,2 and 3. I only tested 1 and 2 and immediately picked number 2. I kind of wish I'd have tested 3 as well though, as the only bad thing I can say about this foundation is that number 2 is a little pink looking on my yellow toned skin. I'm not sure what colour I am in Mac, only that their studio finish concealer in nc20 is too light for me. I'd say I'm perhaps an nc25? If I was buying this foundation again (which I will!) I will get matched at a counter, as I've heard shade 2 isn't as peachy.

My skin is oily/combination and this foundation stays beautifully - when oil does break through it looks glowy rather than greasy.
I have tried the original doublewear and prefer this, as the original doublewear I have to apply with a damp beauty blender to get it to work, when I apply it with any sort of brush it seems to go clumpy but yet not cover anything and gets oily within an hour. This foundation gives the same affect as the original doublewear applied with the damp sponge.
I am a foundation addict and I actually feel wary to use anything but this! It's love.
I'd definately reccomend trying it as estee lauder counters (at least here in the UK) give generous samples when you ask.

on 2/21/2011 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'M IN LOVE. controls oil. makes me look flawless. my years of searching for a foundation that has everything I want are over.

on 2/12/2011 8:39:00 AM

This is a quite sheer, build-able, light-feeling foundation which dries with a matte finish. It has an SPF of 10. There aren't too many shades to select from so finding a good color match could be tricky. I'm one of the lucky ones who has with Light Intensity 1. Since silly Estee discontinued my holiest of holy foundations (Enlighten) I was forced, with much chagrin, to find a replacement. We all know seeking a good foundation takes us to extremes....but I digress.... Anyway, so this is a very good foundation for me in that I have quite oily skin. It is a kind of "dry" foundation - so if you're looking for dewy, this ain't your bag... If you're looking for shimmer, look elsewhere. If you want moisturizing - forget it. But if you want lasting power, with a matte finish, and a light "feel" - you may be interested in trying this. I imagine it's best for oilier girls as it takes a little while (for me about a half hour) for it to really sink into my skin and look good...upon first application it looks a bit mask-ish...just a bit. But it does NOT oxidize upon contacting my oilies later in the day - which is key, for me. And it does not irritate or break me out (another plus). And the coverage is quite good considering how sheer it goes on. Check it out and see how ya like it! :-)

Update: After all these years...still #1 in my book. I'm convinced when it comes to foundations/powders - Estee Lauder is one of the best.