Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 2/27/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this foundation because:
1. It doesn't leave my face oily and keeps my face matte throughout the day. My skin tends to get oily after 2 hours of wearing my mineral makeup, but with this foundation I can work my 5-8 hour shift without it melting on my face and leave me looking like an oil slick.
2. Staying power is sensational. I can apply my makeup at 8 AM and still look fresh at 8 PM.
3. The packaging is great because it comes in a squeeze tube so there is minimum wasted product.
4. Although this foundation can be work as a medium to full coverage, it doesn't make my face look cakey or feel heavy as the original DW does.
5. It covers redness and blemishes decently. But I still had to use my Sonia Kashuk concealer.

Cons:
1. I just wished in came in more shades. I was matched in intensity 3, but when I got home, I found that it looked a little light and ashy and gave me a ghostly appearance in photos. So I exchanged it intensity 4 which was a little darker but looks better overall.

on 2/27/2011 12:33:00 PM

I love this foundation gives me enough coverage to even out my complexion drys to a matte finish so i don't need to use setting powder and stays on all day. I also love the packaging sleek and easy to travel with. I wear shade 2 and matches pretty well.

I absolutely love this foundation.
I'd just bought Chanel Mat Lumiere and was hating it, I went to York designer outlet for the day and upon glancing in a mirror and witnessing my greasy, patchy looking face I immediately ran to the CCO shop to panic buy a new foundation. I ended up picking this one. They had intensity 1,2 and 3. I only tested 1 and 2 and immediately picked number 2. I kind of wish I'd have tested 3 as well though, as the only bad thing I can say about this foundation is that number 2 is a little pink looking on my yellow toned skin. I'm not sure what colour I am in Mac, only that their studio finish concealer in nc20 is too light for me. I'd say I'm perhaps an nc25? If I was buying this foundation again (which I will!) I will get matched at a counter, as I've heard shade 2 isn't as peachy.

My skin is oily/combination and this foundation stays beautifully - when oil does break through it looks glowy rather than greasy.
I have tried the original doublewear and prefer this, as the original doublewear I have to apply with a damp beauty blender to get it to work, when I apply it with any sort of brush it seems to go clumpy but yet not cover anything and gets oily within an hour. This foundation gives the same affect as the original doublewear applied with the damp sponge.
I am a foundation addict and I actually feel wary to use anything but this! It's love.
I'd definately reccomend trying it as estee lauder counters (at least here in the UK) give generous samples when you ask.

on 2/21/2011 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'M IN LOVE. controls oil. makes me look flawless. my years of searching for a foundation that has everything I want are over.

on 2/12/2011 8:39:00 AM

This is a quite sheer, build-able, light-feeling foundation which dries with a matte finish. It has an SPF of 10. There aren't too many shades to select from so finding a good color match could be tricky. I'm one of the lucky ones who has with Light Intensity 1. Since silly Estee discontinued my holiest of holy foundations (Enlighten) I was forced, with much chagrin, to find a replacement. We all know seeking a good foundation takes us to extremes....but I digress.... Anyway, so this is a very good foundation for me in that I have quite oily skin. It is a kind of "dry" foundation - so if you're looking for dewy, this ain't your bag... If you're looking for shimmer, look elsewhere. If you want moisturizing - forget it. But if you want lasting power, with a matte finish, and a light "feel" - you may be interested in trying this. I imagine it's best for oilier girls as it takes a little while (for me about a half hour) for it to really sink into my skin and look good...upon first application it looks a bit mask-ish...just a bit. But it does NOT oxidize upon contacting my oilies later in the day - which is key, for me. And it does not irritate or break me out (another plus). And the coverage is quite good considering how sheer it goes on. Check it out and see how ya like it! :-)

Update: After all these years...still #1 in my book. I'm convinced when it comes to foundations/powders - Estee Lauder is one of the best.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing!! My favorite foundation! I have oily skin and this does not break me out.

on 2/11/2011 4:05:00 PM

First of all, I have tried many foundations in my life & unfortunately I have to say that Estee Lauder foundations somehow just don´t work for me...
The Double Wear light leaves a horrible finish on my face, which is best described with: CAKEY !
It sits ON my skin, doesn´t melt at all, is strikey and even feels all day a little bit awkward - you just FEEL that you have something sitting on top of your skin...
I´ve got combination skin,just for the reference.
So if you´re looking for a healthy glow, a natural but dewy look with a great feeling on your skin & a product that you can apply easily - then go for another foundation!!! :-)

on 2/10/2011 9:01:00 PM

Lancome Ultra
Lancome Freshwear
Stilla One Step
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light

I was about to give up and settle with Double Wear because it was the better of the bunch, but still not a fantasic foundation. I just happened to ask for a sample in the Double Wear light, as one final attempt to find the perfect foundation and I am so thankful I did. I LOVE THIS STUFF. So much that I am writing this review, which I never do. (sorry!! because I totally rely on all of your reviews!). Here are the reasons I love it:

- Does not oxidize - The color I apply in the morning, is the same color I take off at night. I have never had a foundation that doesnt darken or change as the day goes on.
- Is not cakey or masklike, like the regular Double Wear
- Cannot see it, but covers reddness/blemishes really well (and I have a lot of both). Because of all the foundations I've sampled, I have major breakouts everywhere but yet today when I wore this with my Jane Iredale conceler, my skin looked flawless.
- Does not feel like I am wearing foundation, and doesn't make my skin itch, irritated, or feel gross
- long lasting. I took my son swimming today, in a muggy indoor pool, and it still looks good tonight.
- The color is the best shade i've ever found for my skin tone (1.0). I'm lighter skin with freckles and redness, but use Clarins sunless tanner on my face and neck.
- Is not too pink or too yellow
- So far, it hasn't made me break out which is amazing because i have super sensitve skin.
- Photographs amazingly well, not like Double Wear which looked terrible (think, photographs while wearing mineral makeup).

If your still unsure, ask for a sample and try it out! I hope that you love it as much as I do.

on 2/7/2011 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have dry - combo skin and this product isn't good to me. On my skin it looks very dry especially on my cheeks cause my T zone is more oily than the rest of the face. I had a sample, I wouldn't buy this.
If this would have more dewy finish, I would love it cause it stays on the skin all day long perfectly and covers blemishes good.

on 2/7/2011 9:37:00 AM

Not particularly buildable, and medium coverage means that this foundation is not enough to cover acne, scarring or redness. Additionally, it accentuated my pores, and the colour match was not exact. Can accentuate dry skin also. However, I did like the fact that it was extremely lightweight and felt like I wasn't wearing any makeup.