Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 3/22/2011 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I cannot say enough good things about this product. I didn't start wearing foundation until I was 45. Up til then it was a little concealer here & there, and powder on the t-zone, or for more formal, Clinique Almost Makeup or Perfectly Real I like a totally natural, my skin, look. Now, 5 yrs. later,I have mild rosacea--very sensitive skin, some menopausal breakouts, more dramatic combo skin, and a recent Mohs skin cancer scar down the center of one cheek. My skin reacts to most of the Clinique foundations now, as well as several others. So, I went to Sephora and tried, with salesperson's help, many different foundations to cover my surgery scar. Found coverage, but NOTHING that looked natural enough for me. I want to look as close to zero makeup as possible. Then I saw the reviews on this site and elsewhere and went to the EL counter. I only needed a drop the size of a pinhead on each cheek, etc., to get phenomenal coverage and it looks and feels like my skin, only BETTER. Now that's what I'm talking about! I haven't read previously, but I can say that it seems to match skin tones within a margin--that's why the limited choice. It looked way too dark for me out of the tube, but when I put it on, it just blended and disappeared into my skin tone, matching perfectly (Int. #2). I am fair-medium, neutral tone, some freckles--which tend to complicate the whole foundation thing and matching face/neck, etc. (and I lean toward slightly warm toned foundations (which this is) to brighten my look and help counter any redness. I am pretty dry on the cheeks and normal to oily in the t-zone. The slight warmth of Int.2 looks so healthy and natural. Takes away that "tired" look. The finish is smooth, and shrinks any larger pores. And for summer, exercise or swimming, I swear by Lancome's waterproof concealer in a tube. It's for undereye, but I use it for everything and it's the greatest. It's what I relied on before I ever used foundation. This combo is my stealth HG now. Give it a whirl! If you take good care of your skin--exfoliate/moisture--I think it would work for most types. My super sensitive skin even likes it! It's great to have found something that looks so natural and hides flaws.

on 3/19/2011 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I wore this foundation for a little over a year and it is beautiful. I think I will return to it from time to time, but I need matte coverage for the warmer months. Estee Lauder has good shades for WOC, I wore 4.0 intesity along with the concealer which was very nice as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Estee Lauder is my favorite makeup brand so I just had to try this foundation. I absolutely love it! I am in shade 2.0 (Mac nc 30 for reference). I only wish that EL had more yellow toned shades because in my opinion, they are more on the pink side. The shade 2.0 works for me though, and the quality of this foundation is just a dream. It will last all day. Even though is says light, it is definitely more of a medium coverage. This foundation paired with my EL DW concealer, gives me a flawless face without looking heavy/cakey/too made up at all. I really HIGHLY recommend trying this product with the concealer to go with it.. It really will not disappoint! It gives a natural look while still covering those natural not so attractive features.. Also, EL gives very generous samples so you can definitely test this one out before you get it.. I believe that it is a must to sample foundations before you buy them. Anyway, this costs $34 USD I believe, and to me, it's so worth it. I paid $42 for MUFE HD and although it was more photogenic, it disappeared after an hour or two and the coverage was disappointing. So I think for $34 EL DW light is worth it. I am 18 and I find the original DW to be too much for my age. I think it's a great foundation and can see myself using it in my 30's and up but for now, DW light is perfect! Highly recommend this if you are afraid of foundations that look extremely obvious and fake but yet you want something to hide your flaws, last all day, and look very pretty :)

P.s it has spf 10 so you still need to use a sunblock. also, the packaging is great.. its a squeeze tube so u get just the right amount of product.

on 3/11/2011 2:18:00 PM

Love this stuff (shade 3.0). I just tried the hd makeup forever foundation in my shade 153 (nc40) and didn't like it. By the end of the day i looked darker than my skin color and dull and it caused breakouts. Mac studio fix and fuild broke me out so bad (HATE YOU). seriously DWL foundation is god send, doesnt cause breakouts, last all day (yay), doesnt change colors. with this foundation i dont even use a powder on top and very little concealer if any. AMAZING stuff, I love estee lauder products!!! Just tried the new daywear cream which doesnt cause breakouts for me either. All there products are non-acnegenic btw (looked it up on their website). PS. I dont write reviews EVER (i only read them) but this foundation is so amazing i had to write a review :)

I have this foundation in INTENSITY 2.0.
Maybe because of this (as I think) I couldn't give absolutely objective review, for it is a bit dark for my skin tone, and also yellowish, and I've pale skin with cold pink undertone, so I hope you'll understand...
But, anyway, this foundation has quite a nice consistency, smooth, bendable, glides easily, medium coverage. No breakouts, no allergy etc. Everything is just Ok!
Just three things I really don't like:
1. Intensity 2.0 is too dark/yellow undertone for me.
2. Somehow it gives a strong shimmering effect to my face, and I don't like it at all, for I need to fix it with loose powder, and then to blot my face several time a day.
3. Rather princely.
Will not repurchase even 1.0.

on 3/1/2011 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I wasn't able to find a match in the regular EL DW as none of them were yellow enough for me so the sales lady suggested the light version. I was matched to intensity 3 and the color was a pretty close match (slightly dark but it'll do). It gives me medium coverage and doesn't leave me all oily looking by noon =) This is definitely a good option for girls who are a bit more on the oily side. It is also priced reasonably too ($40CAD). I would definitely buy this again!

on 3/1/2011 6:17:00 AM

I was using full cover foundations for a long time, and now, I am trying to just accept the way my skin is - I have got a few scars, some bad ones. But I don't want to pile on make up to hide imperfections. I just want to even out my skin a little bit.. with this foundation, the coverage is quite alright actually. I use it with a damp sponge and it covers quite well, but without the heavy feeling of foundation sitting on top of your skin. I just blend it quickly. You can't really layer on this product. I think you may have to do it all at once... When I tried to layer on the foundation for a night out, it didn't work... it just looked the same as the first application! So that's a no-no. The other thing is, the price - it is just so expensive. For a day to day use, if you're going to use a little bit, it's quite good, stays for a long time and doesn't oxidize (at least not on me), also, my pores didn't seem to be enlarged when I used this, but for a night out, I would say, use something else... and at the end of the day, I use a daily scrub to remove this... I'm really on the fence with this.
EDIT: I change my mind about this product. After using it for months, I think its the best foundation I've used for a long time... I just bought my 2nd tube of this.

on 2/27/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have a new found respect for Estee Lauder Double Wear line!
I love the the original Double Wear and I have that in shade Ivory Beige.
I went out to my closest estee Lauder counter and asked politrly for a sample of the Double Wear Light, also love the service at Estee Lauder, the SA are always a delight to speak to! The Sa did not hesitate and immediately gave me a sample, I kid you not, it would have lasted me 2 or more weeks, the shade she gave me was in Intensity 3.
I love the shades of Estee Lauder foundation, they match my skin extremely well!
This foundation felt extremly light, no need for setting powder because it dries on its own, which mean one less thing I have to put on my face. The covergae is light to medium, and is buildable. Last all day, perfect for day wear.
I always have a habit of applying primer prior to foundation, but I realized that with Double Wear you dont need a primer!
I will be purchasing this very soon, after my sample runs out!

on 2/27/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this foundation because:
1. It doesn't leave my face oily and keeps my face matte throughout the day. My skin tends to get oily after 2 hours of wearing my mineral makeup, but with this foundation I can work my 5-8 hour shift without it melting on my face and leave me looking like an oil slick.
2. Staying power is sensational. I can apply my makeup at 8 AM and still look fresh at 8 PM.
3. The packaging is great because it comes in a squeeze tube so there is minimum wasted product.
4. Although this foundation can be work as a medium to full coverage, it doesn't make my face look cakey or feel heavy as the original DW does.
5. It covers redness and blemishes decently. But I still had to use my Sonia Kashuk concealer.

Cons:
1. I just wished in came in more shades. I was matched in intensity 3, but when I got home, I found that it looked a little light and ashy and gave me a ghostly appearance in photos. So I exchanged it intensity 4 which was a little darker but looks better overall.

on 2/27/2011 12:33:00 PM

I love this foundation gives me enough coverage to even out my complexion drys to a matte finish so i don't need to use setting powder and stays on all day. I also love the packaging sleek and easy to travel with. I wear shade 2 and matches pretty well.