December 20, 2014 | 1666 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this foundation, light and matte, blends in very nicely, pricey but worth every penny in my books....sticking with this one :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by edentata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the longest wearing make-up I have tried. I loved the formulation for my very oily skin. A single blot mid day was enough to keep shine down without removing the make-up. I would purchase this over and over IF they had a wider color range. I tried Intensity 1.0 and it was too dark straight out of the bottle (a very generous sample, thank you EL). Unfortunately, it oxidizes even darker, making for a mask like effect on my very pale skin. I went back to the counter hoping they had some secret bottle of Intensity 0.o but the very nice SA took me to the Dior counter instead! I would give this a 5 for durability, a 1 for color choice, therefore 3 overall and a pass for future purchase until they make an actual fair color. For reference I settled on purchasing GA Lasting Silk for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by agenth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I have tried in my life, for my skin.
I have dry skin, with slight rosacea.

This foundation is moisturizing, or at least, doesn't accent my dry skin or any dry patches. It's easy to apply since it's not too liquidy/fluid, for instance like Nars Sheer Glow.

I apply it with a stippling brush (like mac 187), but it's okay to apply with foundation brush or your fingers as well

It covers very well, I would say medium coverage, since it covers my rosacea, and you don't feel the foundation heavy on your skin, since it's very light, you don't feel anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by eva8899

I really want to love this stuff. I mix it with the Nutritious foundation and that helps to balance out the cakiness of this stuff. It gives good coverage when paired with the double wear concealer. The issue is that it starts to get shiny part way through the day. The makeup on my chin always starts to look patchy after lunch time, which is just not professional.

The other problem I have with this is the color selection! I have intensity 1 and it's just too dark/orange. The color isn't horribly off, but I would definitely like to see a lighter color. I can never seem to find a foundation with a light enough shade for me, and I'm not even that pale! Maybe if I find a powder to lighten it a bit and make the chin have more staying power...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by theTITSstay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first tried this on, I hated it. It looked thick, cakey, matte and felt masklike. I almost washed it off immediately and returned it, but decided to see if I could make it work. Within 30 minutes, it completely transformed on my face. It became more luminous, even, and make my skin look flawless and like I wasn't wearing any makeup! It is my holy grail now. I've found other foundations I've liked, but they always gave me acne. this one doesn't seem to. It also lasts all day and doesn't come off easily (both a positive and a negative). I have to use makeup remover to get it all off, as soap and water isn't enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A great foundation. I HATED Double Wear as it was too thick and cakey on my dry skin but this stuff is wonderful. Number 1 is a great match for my pale skin, it has perfect coverage for me (I like light/ medium coverage), lasts ages and doesn't dry out my skin. I do wish it was a little more luminous - the colour is a bit matte for my liking but I can always add some glow with Benefit's High Beam or MAC's Perfect Topping. If it was a little luminous it would be my HG foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Mikaela1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is OK. For the price it should be amazing. The tube is nice and gives me just the right amout on product. Now that it's winter and I am geting to the palest I can be, the number 1 shade is great. Had difficulties few months ago to match it with my neck.

I use this when some areas need more covering or when I need my make up really to stick throughout the day. I feel that it is too thick or much coverage for everyday use for me, I prefer as light as possible foundation to my skin show through.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

To me, this is an extremely average foundation. It does cover well. When I wore it, I could use a bit under the eyes and on blemishes and I wouldn't even need a separate concealer. That's pretty much the only positive thing I can say about this. First, it smells like I'm applying perfume to my face. It contains a LOT of fragrance. Blech! Secondly, the color range is horrible. The lightest shade looked okay indoors on my NC15 skin, but outside, it just seemed to glow an unflattering shade of pink. When I took it off, it seemed to have irritated my skin a little (not much, but enough for me). All in all, typical mediocre department store foundation.. "old lady perfumey smell" with that classic pink tone to give a boost of color. No thanks, Estee Lauder. =P

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by nicolecamren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a 10 day sample of this from the Estee Lauder stand. I loved it. the color was so great for my skin(i used level number 3) but unfornately after wearing it two or 3 times i noticed i started getting pimples from it. At first i thought i might just getting a zit since i am acne prone but then the next time i wore it i got another zit and then today while i was taking off the makeup i noticed i was getting a cyst like zit which i rarely ever get and not to mention i'm using epiduo so that keep my skin pretty good.I havent tried any new products but this so i know that what has to be causing it. The coverage is sheer to medium. This not only did it even out my complexion but it did a good job at covering my acne scars. It's really light weight hence the name. I'm really disappointed that it was causing breakouts because i had every intention of buying it if it wouldnt have been for that :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Swee2th

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It's called "double wear", but I must admit it has about 10 times the wear of my old foundation. It just stays on until you wash it off, and yet it doesn't feel or look unnatural. The coverage is perfect for me: not too light and not too heavy. It covers my age spots just enough so that they don't disappear completely, but they look much lighter and blend in with the rest of my face. I expect I'll be sticking with this foundation for many years to come.