April 20, 2014 | 849 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by minni4bebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It gives me a satin finish, applies well, easy to blend and lasts all day. I had a swatch on my hand and forgot about it, 2 hrs later, it was still perfect. I don't apply it with a brush bc I find spreading it with my (clean) fingers works much better. I had tried using my sephora #55 brush but it just looked cakey. I haven't had any skin issues and it keeps the oil at bay. For reference, I have an oily forehead and nose and dry cheeks. This works well all over my face. I am an NC 40-42 in mac and use this in #4.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by rorellan87

I really like this product because unlike the original double wear this one doesn't make my skin look cakey or dry. Instead it feel dewey (but not slick or shiny), and it even covers a lot of my acne scarring. I use the Re-Nutriv loose powder, idealist and those two help my skin look smoother and minimize my poor size. It lasts all day, I put it on around 7am and take it off around midnight...which in my opinion is pretty amazing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by xxkaykisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got 3 of the 10 day samples from EL because after I went to purchase this after my 1st sample, they were all out. The fantastic SA, without any prompting, immediately went to give me 2 more full sample jars to tide me over until they re-stocked! Talk about customer service! I have finished all 3 jars, and feel qualified to review it (:
Coverage: light to medium, buildable. A light layer evens out skin tone, another layer is light coverage for redness, and another layer is medium coverage for blemishes and more problem skin. I use one light layer, then spot cover my cheek redness with more. Intensity 2.0 is perfect for my Nw20-23 skin.
Wear: This wears quite well! I wear it w/ HC Sheer Envy primer, and Maybelline dream matte. It lasts like 4 hours almost perfectly matte, 6 hours dewy, and 8-10hours it starts to get kind of shiny. I blot at 4 hours and 8 hours, and I am almost totally matte all day, and I just get a perfect natural glow without being shiny. I have EXTREMELY oily skin, and this lasts the longest while being matte of any foundation I have ever tried. This does not break me out.
Look: this looks flawless (: A little to much for school most days, but it still looks fine if you prefer more than super light coverage (which is what I use for school).

Overall, this is a great foundation for anyone w/ oily skin who doesn't want the FULL coverage most oily-skin fndtns offer! If you like tinted moisturizers but wish they lasted longer on your skin, try this!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by dolphin82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this a few months ago when Estee Lauder was having their 10 day trials. They would give you a 10 day sample of the foundation that they thought suit you to try. I was matched with Double Wear Light in shade 1 (which is the lightest shade). I have never worn Estee Lauder before so I thought why not give it a try for free.

At first I liked it at the mall. It seemed silky and covered well. I normally use Clinique. However I tried it again a couple weeks later and it seems to dry fast before you can spread it. It seemed powdery and made my pores more noticeable. When I went outside I noticed it was to dark (orangey) for me. I recently had this problem with Clinique's Even Better with the lightest shade. It might just be the formula's. I am fair with yellow undertones but not always the lightest shade. Most times the lightest shade it pink which is not for me.
I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

I used to wear Individualist so was dissapointed when it was discontinued. I wanted to find an alternative that was light and natural looking, so I went for the Double Wear light.

It's a great foundation and the 02 is perfect for my skin. It blends well with a brush and has a light finish.

The only thing I would say is that if you have dry skin this may not be the foundation for you. It has a matt finish which means it can look a bit powdery. So, you need to moisturise first. If you have any flaky patches, they will probably be highlighted by this foundation.

If you do have dry skin, maybe try the nutritious foundation by estee lauder. I tried a sample of this first and the reason I didn't go for it was because it was too shiny. The shop assistant called it 'dewy', and it certainly felt very moisturising, but just too dewy for my personal preference!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by shuriya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the few foundations that does not break me out and does not settle in my pores. However, the lightest color is still too dark for me. Which is a real shame for me.
You do need a makeup remover for waterproof makeup to completely clean your skin! Otherwise you do have the inevitable result of clogged pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by aegilops

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

A little bit about me: I am a sceptic, the type who will read negative reviews before moving onto the positive ones. I always start with a huge amount of scepticism when trying out new stuff. So here goes:

Got a sample of the EL Double Wear Light in the city (Sydney, Aus) the other day. Tested it for the first time today - put it through hell and back. As someone who does sweat a fair bit combined with oily skin (double winner!) the product survived AMAZINGLY WELL! Once all the sweat was gone there was no trace of oil in sight. Face bone dry, coverage more than adequate.

Of course it feels like you do have something on your face like some have said but hey! there is a good reason for it maybe because you DO actually have something on your face! I would recommend this highly. Can't guarantee the same results if you have sensitive skin but if you have oily crap skin like mine this you will like.

On a side note I got Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser the other day after reading so much rave reviews on it, well it just isn't all that! I get a pool of oil on my face within half an hour of leaving home! Just thought that might be of interest to you guys.

P.s. Please do not dab this all over you face and then attempt to blend! This is a truly oil free product. The way I tackle my face is ... in four goes. With every dab I do a quarter of my face, make sure the foundation is well blended with no streaks. Work my way all the way to the hairline, ears etc. The key is to BUILD UP. Good luck all.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by MsMinipony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wanted to like it and never got it to work somehow.. I got this last spring and I've been using it on and off this summer (during my quest to finally find a foundation I like). It has excellent staying power and no matter how much you sweat it really doesn't budge. It even survived a few trips to the pool, which is quite amazing. However, I had a couple of problems with this.
1) The color selection, as usual. The lightest color sort of matched my skin in summer, but it was still dark and just plain off. It looked too orange and just not like my skin at all.
2) I didn't really like the application - it felt rather strange and as soon as I had the slightest bit of issues I needed multiple layers of this stuff - it didn't work well with my concealer. It leaves a sort of sticky surface that feels nothing like my skin. Also, the smell is a bit annoying.
Generally, I liked the staying power and the fact that I could just slap it on without worrying too much even if it was blazing hot outside, but this certainly isn't a favorite of mine. Even if I could get the color to work, the texture and smell would still bother me. Just not for me, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by caro66

I am 43, have always had trickly skin, and have had an endless search for a good foundation since I first began wearing makeup. I find that throughout the month my face and its demands will change and I have to adjust my routine as a result. But somehow I always come back to using doublewear light. I have found that if I cleanse, tone and moisturise well, allowing the moisturiser to settle for about 15 mins (clean your teeth - do other little jobs to fill in the time) and then put on a primer, this foundation works brilliantly (always allow the primer to dry before using foundation). This is the only way that after a couple of hours my pores haven't enlarged and the surface of my skin hasn't become oily. I really would recommend this makeup and I think my advice above, although time consuming, is probably good advice when wearing any foundation! To me the only real problem with Double Wear Light is that I am between an Intensity 1.0 and 2.0 and so if I use the 2.0 I have to be very careful to blend well and the 1.0 makes me look worn out. I also think that the tube is much better and more hygenique than the Double Wear bottle. All in all a great foundation - I give it the thumbs up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted a foundation that gave me medium coverage with healthy glow & hydrating. The SA recommended this saying it's "a lot less drying that DoubleWear". Sigh. The SA was lovely & she was very helpful. I got a sample of this, and it lasted me 2 weeks ^.^ BUT, I didn't like using it. Staying power: pretty good. Hydrating? No...the skin on my nose did not like it, it made it flakey. I apply mask every 2nd day, and I know my skin is not dehydrated. Scent- very light, I can't smell much of it, which is good. The price is medium range.
OH! Another important point is, that this foundation sank into the fine lines under my eyes and made it quite obvious :(