August 1, 2014 | 1995 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by hermommy09

this is my HG foundation..for the winter atleast! ive tried alot of foundations, but this one just works! the only reason i didnt give it a 5 is because i can get a little oily in my t zone with it and sometimes when i powder/set it it can look a little cakey but i just put some setting spray and it usually solves that problem. i apply this with a SK flat top buffing brush and its flawless.

love this and would buy it again a million times!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by t_orion

I really wish what I was doing wrong with this foundation. All the reviews are so good! I have tried this multiple times now and its just horrible on my skin, it just sits on the top and it seems to look so cakey. I have exfoilated, used different primers, moisturised - tried a million different things to make it work :-(. I am back to my beloved 9.99 Nivea tinted moisturiser!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

Great foundation for my combo, aging skin. Truly long-lasting, covers red spots and large pores well, soft matte finish, not too thick. I have fair-medium skin and #2 is slightly yellow, so perfect. I even like the tube--I can cut it open to get the last bit out. Just wish it was cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really happy with this foundation. I have redness on my chin and discolorations from the sun all over, and this covers very well. It blends easily and dries to a matte finish. I only use this when my skin is normal to oily. A few days in winter when my skin is dry I use another foundation because this will look cakey. Other foundations need powder or touch ups during the day, this does not. This stays on my face all day. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by dawnegan

best liquid foundation EVER. I tried DW light 1 on one side and Nars sheer matte on the other, while they looked the same, DW does last all day and contains SPF. Both awesome for my combo skin. Its layerable and wears naturally. My new favorite after years of wearing Studio Fix NC20. Feels great after drying. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

I don't think I have found a foundation in recent years that I can honestly say are as amazing as this stuff! I am not blessed with perfect skin, I have a very oily and temperamental T-zone, combined with some redness and uneven skin tone AND in spite of all of these things I have never been a fan of a super thick heavy foundation. Nothing, nothing looks worse than wearing a mask. My problem has always been that the lighter foundations just don't last on my T-zone and despite their abilities to even out my skin enough for me to look and feel good, I hate that oil slick feeling I would get mid afternoon and the spots that followed from getting too oily. I have always liked the sound of the long lasting effect of the normal Double Wear, but never been tempted as it just looks too thick and heavy for my tastes; Double Wear light is the perfect antidote!

I apply this stuff at around 7 am and its now about 3 pm and I have not had to blot my face and powder ONCE, that is just amazing! It has a cremier and thicker consistency to what I would normally use, but I found that applied with a foundation brush and then buffed out with another brush it gives me a really nice natural look without looking too matte (I hate looking Matte) and is light enough to let a few of my freckles shine through, so still leaves me feeling natural.

If you are looking for something light but suitable if you skin has an oilier disposition, then I really highly recommend!

Estee Lauder have outdone themselves with this one! I love it!

UPDATE:

I unfortunately had to discontinue using this eventually. I tried and tried and even switched up my skincare routine but eventually determined that unfortunately this foundation, despite its wonderful oil controlling properties, was making me break out :( It claims to be uncomodegenic, but I was getting so many blocked pores and spots and since I have stopped using this, things are stabilizing. Its a shame as I really had high hopes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by ivana01

pro's: did not cause one breakout at the end of the night, good coverage but doesn't make you look like you're wearing a cake on your face, it kept my oily skin at bay but didn't dry me out, staying power is awesome even after i started sweating it still stayed in place, didn't seem to oxidise at all. con's: pretty expensive and the packaging is tiny, feels a little sticky on the skin, colour choice is limited and it only comes in neutral undertones but overall it's got to be my favourite foundation and i'll definately be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Venia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried SO many foundations and this surpasses them all! I have actually used two tubes of this and fully intend to purchase more. Let me begin by saying that this is way better than the original Double Wear. It is not nearly as heavy, but stays on just as well. I can use this without having to put powder on top and that eliminates the caked on look. Also, it does NOT break me out (nearly everything does). Each tubes lasts me about 6 months with daily use. I love the small squeeze bottle. It is easy for travel and sanitary.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lanvingal

After seeing many good reviews on this foundation, I thought I'd try this one out, as I needed a long-wearing foundation that would take me from day to night (i.e. +12 hours) without re-touching or minimal re-touching.
It definitely deserves the name double wear, I wore it from 7am to 1am without setting it with powder or re-touching and it lasted with absolutely no wear and tear.
The big problem for me with this foundation is that it it looks and feels way too heavy on my skin. I found it hard to spread with a foundation brush, and I needed to use my fingers to really work it into my skin. It looked too matte - my face looked really chalky and dry, and I don't even want to think about how it would look if powdered.
However, after 6-7hours, it looked a lot more natural, probably because it was when the oils in my face started to kick in. So I guetion. ss a plus is that I don't have to blot, since it gave my foundation a natural look, but a BIG minus is having to go around with a chalky, dry face for the first 6-7 hours after application.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by onelove609

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have finally found it ! My holy grail foundation! I Love the texture and how easy it is to blend in to my skin. It feels very light weight, non greasy, and leaves you with a satiny- semi matte finish. It lasts all day and does not make me look like a grease ball at the end of the day. It has medium buildable coverage. I LOVE this foundation.