Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 4/9/2011 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have been using EL's foundations forever, Lucidity for over 8 yrs, I also own Futurist which is lovely and I also own Double Wear which I use for special occasions because it stays put forever.
I love EL's foundation not only because of the formulas, the color selection is excellent, they have natural actual skin colors, no orange or egg yolk yellow looking shades. For reference I love luminous foudations that give a glow like effect (hate matte looks)
I wanted to try DW Light only because I just love the foundations and maybe owning DW Light I can reach for it more often than the original DW which I rarely reach for because it is a heavy makeup yet never looks like a mask anyway, I purchased DW light in the lightest shade which of course matches well, it is a bit lighter than the original and I think I like it better, both are excellent foundations but the light feels lighter and it's a little bit less coverage but still plenty. It's an excellent foundation like all EL's foundations, it gives a flawless look without caking, setting into pores and rubbing off. This is probably better for drier skins than the original DW, but if you have skin on the drier side like I do mositurizing is important prior to application.
The foundations stays put for many hours without a primer just like the original. The only thing that I would change is the packaging, even though its a squezze tube I don't like the fact that it's plastic, I rather have the glass pour out bottle since EL's bottles dont come with a pump (till this day I dont know why) Overall it's an excellent foundation that is sure to please, works on on skins if you prepare you're skin properly. Will always re-purchase. For reference I have tried many high end foundations like Dior, LM, Trish (disaster) Mac, Lancome and Prescriptives. Lancome's new Miracle is excellent I think it almost beat my all time favorite EL's Lucidity. See review!

on 4/2/2011 9:35:00 PM

I got a sample of this when I was shopping for EL advanced night repair serum. I have fair and normal skin. I was matched with intensity 1. the color match is good and it looks nice right after I put it on. however it cakes and oxidizes after a couple of hours. it doesn't seem to last that long either on my normal skin. I like the MAC prolong wear NC 15 much better coz it lasts the whole day without caking or oxidizing and it gives a more natural look, too. I'd definitely recommend prolong wear over this one.

on 3/31/2011 3:28:00 PM

I had high hopes for this foundation but sadly, it did not work for me. Upon initial application the color No. 2 seemed to match my skin perfectly. But as soon as it oxidizes, it turns pinkish. For reference, I'm a NC25-30. The pinkishness is probably only noticeable to me and is still wearable, but I also found the formula to be extremely drying on my skin. My skin felt tight and it made it look wrinkly b/c it was so drying. A definite no no!

on 3/30/2011 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

i have dry skin but i finished the tube, which says something! It is not perfect but it is quite easy to use.
1texture: the texture is between gel and liquid. thick than a lot of foundation such as Neutrogena healthy skin,dior skinnude.But is liquidy compared to the Double wear foundation, which makes it possible to suit a lot of people.
2staying power:better than a lot of foundations. lasted on my face about 10-12 hours with no issue. my t-zone could look a little luminous half day through, but it is not a problem for my dry skin.
3finish: natural finish would be my guess. it is not shinny or luminous, but it is not matt or satiny either. it does looks quite natural on.
4shades:i am NC15-NC20.i use chanel pro lumiere 10/20.MUFE HD 117.guerlain extreme wear31.i use the intensity 1 in this foundation which is a tad yellow and darker. but it is still quite a close match.
5packaging: i actaully like the tube packaging. i can get all the product out this way and i can just throw it in my traveling bag and it wont break or anything. the packaging is nothing fancy or heavy. there is nothing unnecessary about it. Just practical
7coverage:the coverage is light to medium,closer to medium i think. on my face, it covers redness pretty well and i have a very even complexion with this. but i have to conceal my spots and light scarring. as i said, it is very natural looking and quite skin-like although it didnt advertise so.
6 i wont repurchase in the near future (i do believe i will eventualy)despite the fact that i do like it.reasons are:1 i am a foundation addict. i always look for something new to try. 2 i want something high performance, for example, MUFE HD, Gueerlain Luminous Extreme Wear, which i have always have two bottles in my drawer becuase i would feel insecured if i dont have one in spare. these two foundations are the ones i can use no matter what conditions my skin has. great coverage and long lasting(on me anyways). 3 this foundaiton, although i gave it 5 lippies, it didnt impress me. but i am satisfied with it, it does what it claims to do and looks pretty good.the possible cons maybe the finish isn't "awaken" enough(could be the shade being yellow).

on 3/30/2011 1:28:00 AM

I'm a bit torn. The color matches my skin well although I think it’s a tad too yellow. The lasting power is amazing. It feels too dry on my skin and I haven't found the perfect way to apply this. Didn't work too well with a stippling brush or with my fingers, both ended up looking blotchy and accentuating flaky parts of my skin. It sets really fast and once it's set, it won't budge for a while, so you have to blend it quickly. I think this will be more suitable for me in the summer when there is 90% humidity where I live. At the moment it's too drying for me and sets too matte. I like the packaging, hygienic and easy to store in my make-up bag. I don't think I would repurchase, because it doesn't fit my skin type well.
------------
Edit: I'm going to give this a lower grade. Now summer is here and I still can't use this without looking like I have theatre make-up on Basically I can't use it on its own. It is too drying and chalky looking, like someone mentioned before. Now I mix it with a moisturizing foundation I have, just so I don't have to throw it out. What a shame. I really wanted to like it.
-----------

i've been using this for a few days and so far it's the best foundation i've tried! i have dry rather than oily skin, but i've had a lot of trouble in the past with foundations sliding off my face or going patchy, no matter how much i moisturise / cleanse & tone. i've tried so many different "long lasting" ones, and found that the only one that would work was the (original) estee lauder double wear - BUT, it brought me out in a rash every time i used it - i'm guessing it was too drying for me :(
so i just assumed that the light version would have the same affect on me - last week i was browsing the EL counter when a very friendly & helpful sales assistant started chatting to me - i told her all my previous problems & she promised me that this WOULD be different & that this WOULD work - and i'm easily persuaded so i said i'd give it a go. and so far - she's been right!

i was surprised at how well this covered - it's a good medium to full coverage, but doesn't feel as thick and heavy when it's on as the original double wear - you can still see freckles etc underneath but it gives you a beautiful even finish.
the shade range is a bit limited, but luckily for me intensity 1 is perfect for my skintone.
i'm not so keen on the packaging - the plus side being that it's not breakable because its a squeezy tube, and easier to throw in a makeup bag than the big glass bottles - the minus side being that i like being able to see when i'm running out of product and i don't think i'll have much notice when this is running low. it's pricey for the amount of foundation you get, but i personally wouldn't mind paying that for such a high quality product after my years of searching for one like this. it definitely stays as long as promised, it survived an impulse visit to the gym & a hot sunny day and still looked as good at the end of the day as it had when i first applied it.

lovelovelove this, i just hope that it continues to keep my skin happy so i don't have the same problems as i did with the original doublewear - i'd be gutted!

on 3/26/2011 1:39:00 PM

This foundation is probably best for oilier skins. I am dry and it worked OK on me, but I notice it has no "slip" going on at all. But the main problem I had with this is color match. I am NW20 in MAC and I was matched with Intensity 2 (I believe Intensity 1 would have been too yellow). It was a touch too dark, but may have been workable, except... it oxidized on me immediately! I've never had a foundation do this. It ended up being so dark within an hour or two that it just did not work for me.

on 3/24/2011 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Generally good foundation for oily skin like mine but for medium coverage.If you re looking for full coverage you have to use a powder too.The packaging is very good but i think it's a little expensive for what it offers.

on 3/23/2011 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wish this foundation was for me but sadly they dont have a shade that matches. I'm inbetween intensity 1 and 2. Ii was quite surprised as they do have limited shades available. Also my skin is pretty normal sometimes a tiny bit dry, and this foundation seemed to dry it out more. But then i tried it with Clarins instant light complexion perfector and my skin didnt seem as dry when using it. Not only that but when its been applied and the foundation settles in it looks as if your skin is too tight and stretched if that makes sense. However the staying power of this is amazing i was quite shocked of that, its like no other foundation ive used and ive tried many. Its easy to blend but you have to do it quite fast before it settles because it does dry matte quite quickly. also the coverage is great, its very buildable which is what i like because i have scars on my face in some areas that i like to cover more than the areas that arent scarred. i know this doesnt really matter but the packaging is convenient as it is tube-like but it isnt very pretty to look at considering the price you paid for this. Overall i would buy this product again because i find it hard to find a foundation that stays put all day and with such great coverage. I think i might just buy intensity 1 and 2 and mix them because the chanel one im using at the moment doesnt have enough coverage for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my fav foundation. I have very oily skin and this helps keep it in check like no other foundation has. I have good skin so it being a lighter coverage is something that I like, if you want more coverage then original double wear is more for you. Over all this is the only high end make up that I use and never look for a cheaper alternative.