September 2, 2014 | 948 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Mikaela1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is OK. For the price it should be amazing. The tube is nice and gives me just the right amout on product. Now that it's winter and I am geting to the palest I can be, the number 1 shade is great. Had difficulties few months ago to match it with my neck.

I use this when some areas need more covering or when I need my make up really to stick throughout the day. I feel that it is too thick or much coverage for everyday use for me, I prefer as light as possible foundation to my skin show through.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

To me, this is an extremely average foundation. It does cover well. When I wore it, I could use a bit under the eyes and on blemishes and I wouldn't even need a separate concealer. That's pretty much the only positive thing I can say about this. First, it smells like I'm applying perfume to my face. It contains a LOT of fragrance. Blech! Secondly, the color range is horrible. The lightest shade looked okay indoors on my NC15 skin, but outside, it just seemed to glow an unflattering shade of pink. When I took it off, it seemed to have irritated my skin a little (not much, but enough for me). All in all, typical mediocre department store foundation.. "old lady perfumey smell" with that classic pink tone to give a boost of color. No thanks, Estee Lauder. =P

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by nicolecamren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a 10 day sample of this from the Estee Lauder stand. I loved it. the color was so great for my skin(i used level number 3) but unfornately after wearing it two or 3 times i noticed i started getting pimples from it. At first i thought i might just getting a zit since i am acne prone but then the next time i wore it i got another zit and then today while i was taking off the makeup i noticed i was getting a cyst like zit which i rarely ever get and not to mention i'm using epiduo so that keep my skin pretty good.I havent tried any new products but this so i know that what has to be causing it. The coverage is sheer to medium. This not only did it even out my complexion but it did a good job at covering my acne scars. It's really light weight hence the name. I'm really disappointed that it was causing breakouts because i had every intention of buying it if it wouldnt have been for that :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Swee2th

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It's called "double wear", but I must admit it has about 10 times the wear of my old foundation. It just stays on until you wash it off, and yet it doesn't feel or look unnatural. The coverage is perfect for me: not too light and not too heavy. It covers my age spots just enough so that they don't disappear completely, but they look much lighter and blend in with the rest of my face. I expect I'll be sticking with this foundation for many years to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by hermommy09

this is my HG foundation..for the winter atleast! ive tried alot of foundations, but this one just works! the only reason i didnt give it a 5 is because i can get a little oily in my t zone with it and sometimes when i powder/set it it can look a little cakey but i just put some setting spray and it usually solves that problem. i apply this with a SK flat top buffing brush and its flawless.

love this and would buy it again a million times!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by t_orion

I really wish what I was doing wrong with this foundation. All the reviews are so good! I have tried this multiple times now and its just horrible on my skin, it just sits on the top and it seems to look so cakey. I have exfoilated, used different primers, moisturised - tried a million different things to make it work :-(. I am back to my beloved 9.99 Nivea tinted moisturiser!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

Great foundation for my combo, aging skin. Truly long-lasting, covers red spots and large pores well, soft matte finish, not too thick. I have fair-medium skin and #2 is slightly yellow, so perfect. I even like the tube--I can cut it open to get the last bit out. Just wish it was cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really happy with this foundation. I have redness on my chin and discolorations from the sun all over, and this covers very well. It blends easily and dries to a matte finish. I only use this when my skin is normal to oily. A few days in winter when my skin is dry I use another foundation because this will look cakey. Other foundations need powder or touch ups during the day, this does not. This stays on my face all day. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by dawnegan

best liquid foundation EVER. I tried DW light 1 on one side and Nars sheer matte on the other, while they looked the same, DW does last all day and contains SPF. Both awesome for my combo skin. Its layerable and wears naturally. My new favorite after years of wearing Studio Fix NC20. Feels great after drying. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

I don't think I have found a foundation in recent years that I can honestly say are as amazing as this stuff! I am not blessed with perfect skin, I have a very oily and temperamental T-zone, combined with some redness and uneven skin tone AND in spite of all of these things I have never been a fan of a super thick heavy foundation. Nothing, nothing looks worse than wearing a mask. My problem has always been that the lighter foundations just don't last on my T-zone and despite their abilities to even out my skin enough for me to look and feel good, I hate that oil slick feeling I would get mid afternoon and the spots that followed from getting too oily. I have always liked the sound of the long lasting effect of the normal Double Wear, but never been tempted as it just looks too thick and heavy for my tastes; Double Wear light is the perfect antidote!

I apply this stuff at around 7 am and its now about 3 pm and I have not had to blot my face and powder ONCE, that is just amazing! It has a cremier and thicker consistency to what I would normally use, but I found that applied with a foundation brush and then buffed out with another brush it gives me a really nice natural look without looking too matte (I hate looking Matte) and is light enough to let a few of my freckles shine through, so still leaves me feeling natural.

If you are looking for something light but suitable if you skin has an oilier disposition, then I really highly recommend!

Estee Lauder have outdone themselves with this one! I love it!

UPDATE:

I unfortunately had to discontinue using this eventually. I tried and tried and even switched up my skincare routine but eventually determined that unfortunately this foundation, despite its wonderful oil controlling properties, was making me break out :( It claims to be uncomodegenic, but I was getting so many blocked pores and spots and since I have stopped using this, things are stabilizing. Its a shame as I really had high hopes.