February 27, 2015 | 996 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the original doublewear quite often and was looking for a lighter alternative so I jumped at the chance to try this. My ideal foundation shade is doublewear intensity 2 in Fresco and the SA told me that shade 2 in doublewear light would be exactly the same given the lighter coverage, but I don't agree at all now that i've tried it. Although this is sold as a neutral shade I find it to be very yellow toned and it leaves me with an unnatural sallow look to my skin. The product does what it promises and stays on all day but I find that my pores look a little larger and settles into the fine lines under my eyes after an hour or so. Pretty disappointing considering the high price - I really don't think that this is anything special.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by amorverdadero

I purchased this foundation a couple of weeks ago while searching for a good one for my sensitive dry but oily looking skin. The beautician recommended this one. Well, I'm not so impressed. While it gives good coverage and looks lovely on the face, it keeps my skin oily looking and shining no matter what I do. No amount of powder helps and neither blotting tissues. I've definitely had better foundations from different brands so either I'll go back to Helena Rubinstein or move on to Guerlain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by VivaxMaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my new love! I would say it is buildable to medium coverage, it has fantastic staying power, and really keeps oiliness at bay. This does not oxidize, and is very light feeling. I can use this over a moisturizer, without a primer, and it lasts and lasts! The packaging is excellent; it comes in a squeeze tube. The only con i can see is the very limited color range, but if you can find a match, you should give it a try! It is rather expensive, but I think it is definately worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by travelbug89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I want to love this, I really do. The shade was a perfect match for my skin tone and it came in a hygienic squeeze tube. It had medium coverage which was adequate for me as I have rather good skin with no scars or pimples/acne. I've never had any foundations as my skin doesn't need it, but I was feeling rather experimental and went on the hunt for something that would even out my skin tone which is a tad darker in some areas, such as the sides of the nose and the upper part of my forehead. But it broke me out in horrible, cystic acne after two days despite following a thorough, two step cleansing routine! My skin was fine to begin with and there were no changes to my skincare routine or lifestyle, which made EL Double Wear the sole culprit of my dermatological agony. Makeup and skincare is highly subjective and granted, I have really very sensitive skin, so just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean that it won't work for others. Now, this tube stands in solitude on my dresser as a symbolic reminder of a one way ticket to the pus-filled craters of the moon that cost $50.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by c0lap1nada

Requested for some samples at the counter (but the SA was quite a turnoff, she was all caked up and her application of the foundation on me was a wreck). Tried both ELDW and ELDWL, and found this lighter version to be more suitable. I've used it once all over the face, and it leaves a very smooth finish, but I don't need the coverage. Rather, I will repurchase this, but only to use as a concealer. This works great for my underyes and blemishes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Hollynla

I bought this foundation based on the great reviews here on MUA. I have combination skin, oily in the T zone and am 35, so I do have some fine lines. This really is a great foundation. I covers light to medium, does not settle in fine lines and is easy to blend. However, it does not beat out my other favorite which is Rimmel's lasting finish which has a little more coverage and wears longer without oxidizing on my face and turning orange. Being that the Rimmel cost a small fraction of the Double Wear Light, I probably won't buy the DWL again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Rocky1344

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great foundation. i have tried every single brand out there. my skin is such that makeup usually fades off mid day, not this one-for a change up, i mix it with other brands, such as lancome idole (EL is limited in color range on this product, so you sometimes have to mix it to get a perfect color) but i found that if i dont mix it with this product, the other foundations come right off my face mid day, with this mixed in, its perfect

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would give this product a 4.5 if I could.
...
This is one of the best foundations I have used! For a product that Estee Lauder's website describes as having sheer to medium coverage, it conceals imperfections like a medium to full coverage foundation. The name "light" is slightly misleading, but it is lighter than the regular ELDW formula. I received this as a 10-day sample and would like to purchase the full-size bottle. However, the color range is limited and I can only wear shade 4 (I'm NC42) in the summer.
...
PROS:
-blends well and easily (I like to use a stippling brush)
-good coverage for a "light" foundation
-looks smooth and has a natural matte finish
-wears well throughout the day
-controls shine for those with normal to combination skin, but probably won't control extremely oily skin
...
CONS:
-it says it wears for 10 hours, but it probably won't last that long
-it controls oil better than most, but if you are a grease slick like I am, you'll still get oily
-slightly sweet scent; I don't know if this is just the smell of the product or if it is fragranced
-only 6 colors to choose from
...
OVERALL:
This is a great foundation for everyday wear. It offers good coverage without looking or feeling too heavy. It's on the pricey side, but department stores in the U.S. often have great deals for Estee Lauder purchases. If one of the 6 shades matches you, it is definitely worth a try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by MartinaGalois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

...my favourite:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Lyssa2676

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Foundation for me is a shopping nightmare. I am NW15 and finding a shade match can be tricky. Also, my skin is dry and foundation can highlight the flakies so I have to choose carefully. I also tend to have redness in the cheek area that I like to cover up but I like a light to medium coverage--anything heavy emphasizes the dry areas and is just plain uncomfortable. Am I picky? You bet--especially when spending this much on a foundation. I tried this after reading about it here. I am Intensity 1 and it matches beautifully. It blended right in. It didn't completely cover the redness but was better than other things I tried. It also lasts and did not rub off. A little goes a long way in terms of product so that makes me feel a tiny bit better about the price. I have been using this everyday for a week and feel like I have possibly found my HG.