October 21, 2014 | 1044 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2005 10:37:00 AM More reviews by wawagugugaga

Feels nice on the skin, and I like the scent. But I am not sure if it really delivers what it promises. It softens the skin but nothing more. I used a bottle of this and will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2005 10:37:00 AM More reviews by snooby711

i was given a few sample of this, so it lasted me for about 1 month.. i didnt notice any change in my skin, and its kinda sticky to use too.. not very impressed.. will not buy the full sized product

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2005 3:52:00 AM More reviews by one_teaspoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am 23 and I've been using the FTE for about a month now. I have N/O combo skin. This hasn't done very much for me at all. Has a strange smell but it is still tolerable. I pour some directly onto my hands and pat it over my face. I think it's too expensive to use on a cotton pad!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2005 6:53:00 AM More reviews by aguskl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm on my 3rd bottle, simply no subtitude for this product. My HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by paristan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Instead of givine me great and moisturized skin, it made me face dry and tight, with visible lines!! This is totally upsetting for me and it is absolutely not worth the amount of money I pumped into this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Cuties

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The main ingredient in the SK-II line is Pitera, the secret of the Japanese monk who discovered it was what was keeping Japanese sake brewery worker’s hands so youthful. The Treatment Essence is 90% Pitera and most concentrated in all the SK-II product line. It is applied by shaking the watery lotion into your hands, warming between your palms and pressing into skin. The SK-II counter also suggested applying in the same manner but with a cotton pad (no warming involved I assume). I would imagine much of this expensive product would be wasted using the cotton pad method. Anyway, the Essence is suppose to moisturize, improve clarity and texture, and balance the skin. I used it for a bit and it made my skin so soft and silky at first. Unfortunately it began to make my sensitive skin itch so I had to discontinue use. I have oily-combo skin that is extremely sensitive. This is very expensive, 2.5 oz. for $85. The larger size is more economical, 5 oz. for $130, very pricey!! Ingredients:
saccharomycopsis fermet filtrate (pitera), butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, water, sodium benzoate, methylparaben, sorbic acid

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2005 5:59:00 PM More reviews by anjalig

I like that it gives me a refreshing feeling in the morning after I apply it, and seems to be a good enough toner-substitute. For about a month after I started using it, I did feel that my skin's texture had improved.

But none of the life changing, glowy skin and what not. One does expect more at the price...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2005 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Pirate

I was looking for something to reduce the size of my pores and thought I would try this.

It did reduce the size of my pores for a while.But after a month of using it, the adverse reaction occurred and I broke out!

So it isn't as miraculous as it is on sensitive and acne prone skin. From the feedback I received from some friends, product is too strong, you have to have a certain type of skin at a certain age to use it.

Can't tolerate the smell. The packaging is weird too.Have to be careful with it coz its glass.

Sorry this doesn't work for me.
No thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2005 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Ansje

Very expensive, but it works. The theme for the entire SKII line.

The FTE was wonderful! I have normal skin (did a year of roaccutane last year) and find this wonderful before moisturiser.

Have been using this for 2 weeks, in conjunction with the Signs treatment moisturiser, and my skin has never been better. Smooth and hydrated.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2005 7:49:00 PM More reviews by fierydakini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

So much hype, but... First off, I have good skin, and I have no complaints with the product, but for this price something should have happened with my skin. Alas, nothing did. It wasn't any firmer, rosier or anything. But it also was no worse. Added moisture prior to applying cream or lotion, but that was it.