SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 8/18/2006 11:44:00 AM

I have been using the facial treatment essence for like 3 weeks. i am 25 and have oily skin. Even since i started patting the essence twice a day, my face is smoother and pores are less visible. i have started patting my neck and after 2 days, my neck feels so soft to touch! I guess the product has mixed reviews and the whole skincare line is generally recommended for drier skin. Im in a dry climate right now so perhaps thats what the essence is working very well.

on 8/9/2006 1:14:00 PM

I found that the Facial Treatment Essence works best with the SK-II Whitening Mask as an overnight treatment. I apply the essence first, put the mask on for 30mins-1 hour, rub the Pitera residue into my skin afterwards, and apply more essence and moisturiser. My skin looks incredible the next morning - much brighter and radiant although the effects only last a day or so on me...

Apart from the mask treatment, I haven't noticed a dramatic difference in my skin after using the essence day and night everyday for 2 months.

I heard that the Facial Treatment Essence doesn't work so well with other brands. So I tried the Facial Treatment Clear Lotion (toner) and the Advanced Signs Treatment (moisturiser) but still didn't notice any improvement.

Worringly, my skin looks slightly rougher in places and my fine lines are more noticeable - SK-II may not be causing these rough patches and wrinkles, but it doesn't seem to be preventing them either.

Now I just use the essence with the mask or massage it into my hands before moisturising.

on 6/26/2006 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I broke out after 3 days using the essence! It does make my skin instantly smoother but for such an expensive product I'm expecting something more. Will re-review after a couple more weeks and in the meantime I'd slot this into my before-bedtime routine where I don't have to put any makeup on.

UPDATE: My pores are noticeably tighter and I love how smooth it feels after application. It improves and evens out the complexion, in fact my skin is so clear and glowy now I hardly have to wear foundation anymore! I will definitely be repurchasing this again and again. I can't rave enough!

on 5/29/2006 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

after almost 2 weeks into using skII essense, there's like alot of this tiny lil bumps appearing on my face!! esp the cheeks and the under eye area. and when i put on my make up its makes my face looks real blotchy and dry ( looks very rough) i ve much better complexion before this but they also say its bcos its getting rid of the toxin from ur skin. but how true is this??

UPDATE AFTER ONE MONTH:
alright so initially after i stopped using this thing, my skin gotten worse. bumps all over, massive blackheads, whiteheads (that is after i ve stopped using for the 1st week). on to the 2nd week, redness developing, burning sensation, skin near eye area hurts when touched. skin feels tight and BROKEN CAPILLARIES!!! (all this happened even after i ve stopped using it for the 2nd week!)

i was so lost i really dunno what to do..i hvta consult the dermatologist. i signed up for some facial course. frm then on it gotten better. but redness still there. skin is very much sensitive now. shucks.

on 5/13/2006 12:14:00 PM

This is my miracle water !!!

I have been using this on and off. Lucky for me my mom sends it over. I stopped using it for a while as i was on Retin-A. Now that my skin is totally clear im back to using it a night. I honestly dont know how great this is and i totally think that its a over-hyped product. But my skin especially around the cheeks are more soft and supple and there is less dry patches.

on 5/1/2006 2:40:00 AM

I don't think I'll buy this again as I hate the smell of pitera and don't really believe all the hype. It's pretty expensive and I don't like the slippery bottle..too easy to drop it and spill the expensive contents!
I may change my mind once I stop using it in which case I will update this listing.

on 4/26/2006 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Well I can safely say after using 75 mls of this that it does... nothing whatseover for my skin. Maybe not an acne cure, or an exfoliant, or a wrinkle reducer.... heck I'd have felt vindicated if I'd even got a bit of the "glow" that other reviewers mention. But for all the good this did I might have been using water. Very expensive, slightly putrid-smelling water. Needless to say I shall not be using this anymore.UPDATE OCT )^: Well I lied, I am using this again, along with a few others in the SKII range. And this time it's "taking"! I no longer cringe when I look at the mirror in the morning. As advertised, it does indeed make my skin smoother and brighter. Maybe it;s because i"m better exfoliated now (thanks to originalskinstore.com) and the Pitera does not have to work its way through the dead skin, but for whatever reason I'm sold. I may have to take out a second mortgage to afford them, but this and Advanced Signs are doing wonders for me.

on 4/23/2006 3:44:00 AM

I suffered from acne for years, and Proactiv helped clear up those large cyrstic / larger acne. But the whiteheads and blackheads remained. This product helped clear off my whiteheads (blackheads and open pores remained)and made my skin much less oily. My skin became much calmer with less redness too. It did not cause any breakouts for me and the effects were shown within a matter of a week. My skin became so much smoother , due to the clearing of the whiteheads. At one time, I could see yellow hardened oil bits on my face which had miraculously surfaced.

At one point, I was too busy to apply this product. My friend commented that I had lost the glow. I never had a glow due to all the redness/ oiliness. And was surprised that I had a glow in the first place, and that the effect was so obvious.

Over the years, the effect is not as good. But it has definately cleared off my whiteheads for life. When my skin starts to show redness / irritation, this product soothes the skin.

on 4/11/2006 4:12:00 AM

Let's just say.. well, it is indeed a miracle water. Simply because, if women are putting smelly pungent things on their pretty faces in the hope of seeing changes, it is really miracle. So i think, if one day someone packs urine, or packs drain water, or packs some crazy stuff and claimed that an old lady was transformed, pp will still buy it. (doesnt that reminds u of huber? the NASA bloke who was supposedly cured from defacement??? La Mer..) It is indeed a miracle that i bought it after condemning it for years. and after buying, i still condemns the smell.

No special effects, no special defects either. Just plain miracle i splash hundreds of dollar of smelly stuff on my face. and seeing no special effects.

Popular Treatments (Face)