SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 4/11/2006 4:12:00 AM

Let's just say.. well, it is indeed a miracle water. Simply because, if women are putting smelly pungent things on their pretty faces in the hope of seeing changes, it is really miracle. So i think, if one day someone packs urine, or packs drain water, or packs some crazy stuff and claimed that an old lady was transformed, pp will still buy it. (doesnt that reminds u of huber? the NASA bloke who was supposedly cured from defacement??? La Mer..) It is indeed a miracle that i bought it after condemning it for years. and after buying, i still condemns the smell.

No special effects, no special defects either. Just plain miracle i splash hundreds of dollar of smelly stuff on my face. and seeing no special effects.

on 3/29/2006 11:23:00 PM

Total waste of money! I broke out. Waited for whatever "purging" period everybody wrote about and it only got better when I stopped it. It did not purify my pores, it did not make them smaller. It smells bad.

Makes my hands look good, though. That's where the rest of the bottle is going--on my hands.

on 2/26/2006 8:41:00 PM

I think the essence is very much like a toner/softener but I use it after applying normal toner/softener. I have quite a good impression on this product since it gives me a really rosy glow! Normally, I've never had a natural glow on my cheeks (I have a very good complexion though, according to the routine skin-care test. But unfortunately, I had never had the so-called 'natural glow'). After using FTE for a couple of days, I began to notice that my cheeks are noticeably rosier. Another plus, this essence tightens my pores. I don't know if it is supposed to tighten pores or not. However, this is what I've experienced so far (about 3 weeks). I'm almost 30 and I began to notice that throughout the past few years, my pores have been getting bigger (although not to such extent that anyone could notice within 10 metres). Whenever I looked at the mirror, I couldn't help but notice these bigger pores (on my cheeks). I previously tried different pore refining essence, e.g. Estee Lauder's Idealist or Lancome's Sensational Totale. They never 'really' worked except that their powdery agents could effectively cover my pores during daytime. The SK-II FTE is different. Its tightening effect is noticeable and I'm so very impressed. Moreover, it doesn't dry out my face (I have combo skin, normal/dry). As for the downside effect, similar to several others, I did get a few little white heads (very small and very few, but I noticed them anyway since I don't ususally have zits). However, they disappeared within a week. I guess it depends on people the time it takes for these zits to disappear. I think the products which contain natural ingredients always have the 'detox' effect. The same thing happened to me when I tried Dr. Hauschka's skincare regimen (but then it was worse). The price is ridiculously steep for a toner (if you think this product is supposed to be grouped as toner/softener). But if you think about it as an essence, it would be ridiculously cheap for the full size bottle.

on 2/19/2006 9:52:00 AM

Sorry this is just a HYPED UP marketing product which serves no purpose whatsoever at least for me. To think I paid over a hundred dollars for something which doesn't work at all. IMO, the money spent on engaging Sammi Cheng as their spokesperson could be better spent on R & D or on better ingredients for the actual product itself. Disappointing.

Sk ii facial treatment essence comes in a liquid form, it contains petria know as miracle water to the japanese. I wasnt sure at purchasing this item at first due to the price but I thought I should give it a go as I have read alot of good reviews in the past.

I use this after toning my face, and only tiny amount is needed and the liquid spreads sparingly to my face. Over a period of time, I have realised that it has reduced my oily t-zone, so my skin looks more matt during the day.

one bottle of 75ml last me at least half a year, but in my opinion I think the price is expensive for an unreasonable result.

on 1/22/2006 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this after listening to the SKII beauty advisor hype on this product. I fell for it and bought it! I tried it for 2 weeks and had noticed red marks just below my eye area and tiny white heads. At first, I thought it did hydrate my skin. Then a week later it seemed to dry my skin out big time. Hated it! I took it back to SAKS and told them what happened with this product. The look on there face .... PRICELESS. I did get a full refund. Get a sample first and if you have sensitive/dry skin (cheek area) like me stay away from this so called 'holy' water. I get better results from my toner then this. For me I know in 2 weeks if a product agrees with my skin or not. This definitely didn't! I wouldn't waste my money on this!

on 12/26/2005 1:13:00 PM

I bought SK-II hoping it would balance my combination skin and even out the texture. It had an immediate effect (within 3-4 days of use twice daily), clearing up excess oil and giving a fresher appearance. It also seemed to cause some breakouts which I never usually get, but that passed after the first week, leaving great looking skin. When my skin feels dry i don't use it as it can dry my skin out.
Have bought a bigger bottle 2. Worth a try if your skin is oily.

when I first starting using this it made my skin feel amazing, it reduced the number of skin breakouts and i didn't have an oily t zone anymore. I've been using it for about eight months now and it has started to dry my skin out and make it sting and feel really sensitive (a bit like a sunburn)
So for me not the miracle product they claim!

on 11/22/2005 5:12:00 AM

I am on my fourth bottle of this essence having faithfully used it for nearly two years now.I found a lot of difference initially but as with most skin care products,the effect sort of wears off and perhaps you dont notice what it may be doing for your skin in small ways.However I think I have reached a stage where I doubt I will repurchase this time even though its still a part of my daily skin routine.Dont feel very strongly about it at the moment.

on 11/13/2005 11:56:00 AM

I've used it for 2 months and i haven't noticed much difference yet. It worked well for the first couple of weeks my skin looked clearer but after that it just stabilized. A lot of my friends complain that it dries their skin out.

Popular Treatments (Face)