Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

I'm so disappointed in this product. It did absolutely nothing at all for my skin. Plus, I've developed weird little bumps all over my cheeks since applying it this morning. It doesn't seem to improve the wear of my makeup... even that would have made it worth it.
The only thing I like about it is the packaging and the lack of a perfumey smell.
I'm taking it back tomorrow. Not worth nearly $40.

Prior to purchasing this product I'd used the regular Photo Finish primer. I can definitely tell the consistency difference between the two. The one with oil (any of their primers but this product) felt super super smooth. Guess that's from the oil. Not that this is bad, but it just doesn't smooth my skin out to the degree the regular primer did. However, as my skin has been prone to breaking out lately I thought I'd give it a try. This did help my makeup stay on longer, which I guess is the main aim of this product. If it can accomplish the same thing without putting unnecessary oil on my skin, then all the better. It doesn't do much in terms of long-term mattifying of the skin, but what product can? :)

on 3/3/2008 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I tried the original, didn't like it so I tried this one. Well didn't like this one either. It did not keep my makeup on any longer than usual. I think I've given up on primers.

on 2/27/2008 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good stuff, great for oily skin. I will buy again!

on 2/7/2008 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I gave this a try because I need products that don't clog pores and are oil free. I didn't like this primer at all. This didn't make my make up go on any better and it didn't help with the staying power. Didn't do anything for my pores. I found a lot of the time it didn't moisturize enough for me and I would have dry patches on my skin. It sort of felt like I was smearing elmer's glue on my face. For the $48 dollar price tag this was a BIG let down and waste of my money.

on 2/3/2008 7:34:00 PM

**ETA** 05/27/2008 As much as I LOVE the feel of this stuff on my skin, it gave me cystic acne. I had to discontinue use and when I did my skin cleared right up. That sucks. I liked this stuff. Now I use it as a hand lotion.

To be totally honest, I have no idea if this stuff minimizes my pores or helps my foundation stay on. I usually just use a dusting of loose powder instead of foundation.

I love the buttery, velvet touch this gives to my skin. I have dry skin and accidently picked up the light version of Photo Finish. But I love the light too much to even think about switching to the regular.

on 1/26/2008 10:26:00 AM

Fabulous product. Keeps my pores from looking gigantic, and I rarely ever have to use powder during the day anymore. I use it under my Makeupforever foundation, and it's a great combo. Also, my skin tends to break out with anything, but this doesn't bother it at all. Will fork out the money for this one again and again.

on 1/24/2008 2:04:00 AM

I bought the travel size at Sephora just try try it out to see if it will really compliment my skin. I've been using it for almost a week now and I am definitely loving the awesome results when combined with my Mac Studio Fix. It is very light and does not cause me to breakout. I am going back next weekend to purchase the full size bottle!

on 1/22/2008 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I debated getting this primer since I had such a horrible experience with the original photo finish primer. This one is a creamy white consistency and seems like moisturizer initially. However, upon application it absorbs nicely into my skin, doesn't ball up like some other primers and provides a nice smooth canvas. My foundations (mmu powder and regular liquid) lasted longer and the color stayed truer. I also found I had to only blot once or twice during the day which is great for my oily skin. Would definitely recommend for oily skin gals!

on 1/21/2008 8:15:00 AM

This is the best primer for my skin type. I have used Mercier in the past however it broke my skin out.
Smashbox is fantastic, it makes my foundation glides on effortlessly. Plus even though I have enlarged pores and chicken pox scars by my cheeks, random people have commented on how beautiful my skin looks.
I have purchased the pump upon recommendation from BA at Sephora and will purchase again and again. This product has become a must have for me.