July 22, 2014 | 1236 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 2:07:00 PM More reviews by KARHEART

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried the photo finish light because I have acne prone skin and I really liked it. It made my skin appear much smoother and did not induce any acne outbreaks like a lot of oil based primers do. My face never got shiny like it does without the primer. I don't reapply makeup throughout the day like I used to. Although, it is quite expensive I will definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by misspinupgirl620

I tried to like it, I really did. The results i see when using this on some people is amazing, the way the pores disapear the makeup glides on and your skin looks baby soft, naturally i wanted to try it. Nonetheless I just got it, used it for two days and now am ready to return it. Reguardless of it being light, it felt so heavy, coated my skin with this fake greased nasty shine, and made me have slight breakouts. Not something im looking for in a primer, my hunt continues

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I didn't like the original Photo Finish and I don't like Photo Finish Light although I still love Smashbox. My issue with Photo Finish was the sensation of spackle on my skin and not so much with breakouts. Photo Finish Light certainly feels better and my makeup glided on, but my makeup didn't last any longer than usual and my face was greasy as usual so I would say that the oil-absorbing properties are minimal at best for the truly oily. If you like a foundation primer then Photo Finish Light is certainly one of the better ones I've tried (Lorac, Laura Mercier, BE, BeneFit to name a few), otherwise I'd go with a mattifying gel or powder like Pure Luxe Eraser (original powder).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by AntsInMyPants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awful. Awful, awful, awful. I used it for 4 days straight, and for 4 days straight my face was a grease pit. I've tried both the original primer and this one, and neither of them work for me. My makeup settled on top of it, and my face looked blotchy and disgusting. It went on smoothly, but that's about the only positive thing that I can say about it.

DO NOT WANT!

Back to the store she goes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 12:25:00 PM More reviews by beddheadd

This is my new perfect primer. At first I was leery because the description says that it is comprised of 60% water and I thought that to be a little odd -- what would be absorbing my oils then, if it was just going to soak into my skin? The feeling isn't too heavy, but it makes my skin soft and smooth, and somewhat calms the redness from any breakouts (and I usually get them along my jawline because I stress out all the time). It doesn't feel like it's sticky or too emollient, and it's feather-light as advertised. I think that's the best part -- not feeling like I have a primer on when I really do. The only bad part is that I put primer on my neck, too, so I use more than average, and at $36.00 a bottle (no professional discount), that can get costly. I don't plan to use this on anybody except for myself. Haha. The bottle is also great -- it's probably why the bottle costs so much, but supposedly you can use every last bit of the product because of the air pump design.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Cindyrella1212

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer is fantastic! I like the original photo finish but I would get shiny duing the day. This keeps me matte ALL day--I don't even need to blot. I'm not sure it "fills' as well as the original, but it does make fdtn last and keeps the oilies at bay. This is 60% water and so lite, it feels worlds different that the heavy original version. The packaging is better too, it comes in a pump bottle that actually works. Would definitley repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by hvpeters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Photo Finish Light felt great on my skin, but my makeup pilled on top of it. Throughout the day, I noticed little "balls" of makeup around my nose, chin an forehead. Not pretty...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by rpgoodwin

The best primer for oily skin I've tried, and I've tried a lot. Really helps liquid foundation stay on and improves skin's appearance. Not a lot of oil control but it helps. Hasn't broken me out in three weeks of daily use. I've had good luck using it both over moisturizer and on bare skin. Nice consistentcy, goes on smoothly and dries quickly with no slippy or tacky feel. Great package - one pump is just the right amount for your whole face if you apply correctly. Expensive but worth it.
Update - there's nothing else for me to blame these pimples on. Maybe it's the combination of this and sunscreen but I've started breaking out and it cleared up when I quit using it. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never bought this, but I tried it at Sephora. So basically this is a review for people who are interested in the initial impressions. First off, the pump container is excellent. Its supposed to not have a straw thingy, but goes up from the bottom, so no air gets in. Which is good because it has Vit C, which should be in an airtight container. Anyway, its nothing like the original, which is a silicone gel, which is good because I think that one broke me out. This is a white cream, it reminded me of the oil-free primer by Laura Mercier. Its light, and not nearly as slippery as the original, dries pretty fast. Im personally not interested in spending $36 for 1oz of makeup primer (I dont feel the need for primers in general), but if I did, I would buy this. Basically I tested it only because I was curious, since I tried the original years ago. If the original didnt agree with your skin, this would probably suit you just fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product but found it to be inadequate. I love the package and the fact that its a pump, but aside from that I didnt notice a big difference in the staying power of my make-up. I use BE Minerals in Fairly Light and this stuff wasnt that great, so I dont plan on buying again. I might try Chanel's make-up base, read some good reviews on here about it.