Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 11/2/2009 12:22:00 AM

I'm not crazy about this lip balm. I find it kind of dries out my lips more than anything and it feels pretty waxy. It's not very cheap either. It does smell good, so I will use up my tube, but will not re-purchase.

on 11/1/2009 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I love the way this product glides onto my lips. It leaves them feeling really smooth. It also gives off a tint of redness. The color does come off when something goes on my lips like spoon, a glass or whatever. For a chapstick, I guess its kind of pricey at $2.99 for a .15oz tube. Overall, I love it.

on 10/30/2009 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Burt Bee's Replenishing with Pomegranate Oil

This lip balm goes on very smoothly and it is not drying on my lips. It has a very subtle reddish tint and shimmer. It looks very pretty and natural on the lips. My only gripe with this balm is the scent. I think it is awful. If this were unscented I might give it another chance.

on 10/30/2009 6:52:00 PM

My utmost favorite lip balm of all time.
The product smells slightly sweet and fruity, it's not an overwhelming kind of smell and I find that it eventually becomes unnoticeable. It leaves your lips feeling moisturized without being sticky or greasy or anything like that. It also has a slightly tint of color and this is my favorite feature because I tend to skip lip gloss and lipstick more often than not.
I suffer from dry lips so I use this every day to keep them soft and healthy.

on 10/30/2009 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

love the texture and moisture - find the smell a little odd. my husband HATES the scent. (but whateva:) i also really like the tint of color. cheap price - does the job.

on 10/21/2009 11:03:00 PM

pretty much the same as the original without the menthol tingle. I like the smell :D. my mom hates it (for whatever reason)

on 10/20/2009 8:41:00 AM

My favorite lip balm ever! I lost a tube, and had to repurchase another immediately. It keeps my lips soft and moisturized - is great under lipstick or lipgloss. Love the smell and the consistency - not waxy like the original. My husband is now addicted to it. I have 3 tubes of it! One by my bed, and two in my purse (just in case!)

on 10/19/2009 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like this lip balm, nice light red tint and very moisturizing, no taste and I can't even notice a smell.

on 10/19/2009 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loooove burts bees products. This lip balm is so light but its also very thick and it stays on your lips for a while. But not in a greasy sticky way. Adds a nice slight red tint, not very noticeable, but makes your lips look natural and healthy.
Two thumbs up

on 10/19/2009 4:36:00 PM

overall, i think this balm is just...okay. i have tried both the original and honey versions, which i both prefer. i would not repurchase, but since i hate wasting stuff, i will use this until it is done (which will take a long time, and plus i like to use one kind of balm at a time...*sigh*) but anyways, to the review.
first of all, this does not smell/ taste like pomegranate. i smells EXACTLY like citronella candles, which are used to keep mosquitoes away. i don't like it at all. also, it has no taste, but i'm sure most people won't mind that. however, i found the honey and original versions to have both a better taste AND smell.
the texture is more greasy than the other balms, and it is just OKAY at moisturising. it is more greasy than anything else. this is definately just an every day kind of balm, and not something i would use if my lips were chapped.
it also has a reddish- pink hue. it is not visible, but the more you apply it the more it is. now, i'm the type of person who applies lip balm constantly, and so the colour ends up looking really...weird? on my lips. overall, this is really...average. below average actually. i am now kicking myself for not buying the mint one, which i LOVE. UGH!

-UPDATE!!!-
okay, so i am now bumping this up a lippie and and am saying i would buy it again. now, this is only if i don't find an HG, cuz i don't think this is it. however, this makes my lips verrrry soft. and the citronella scent is much more pomegranate - like now! however, i don't think this is my HG.

Popular Lip Treatments