Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

This is a nice gentle cleanser for me. I use it when I'm a bit dry/irritated from my possible HG MD Forte cleanser II. Like everyone else, I do not care for the scent at all. It sort of reminds me of hotel shampoo.
Anyway, I find it to be a nice, gentle, non-irritating cleanser. Doesn't work any miracles for me. Would *probably* buy again.

on 10/7/2004 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser smells so bad! AND it stung my eyes!
I think this IS NOT a product for dry or sensitive skin

on 10/6/2004 2:35:00 PM

I got a sample of this from the MB website when I filled out the consultation. I wasn't sure if this would work well for me because I noticed it didn't foam. After trying it though, I really like how my skin feels so soft and smooth and not dry and tight at all. I personally love the scent. For the full size price, its the same as any higher end drugstore brand. Not completely sure yet, but I'm definitely leaning towards purchasing the full size and trying it longer to see if I still have the same great results.

on 9/29/2004 7:13:00 PM

This is a great cleanser. Your skin feels very clean after. One important reminder: DO NOT get this in your eyes. It KILLS!

I have combination sensitive skin which is prone to breakouts. I tried this product after reading the description on the website. It was not aware that it had exfoliating particles and they worried me when I began to use the cleanser, but soon realized they did not irritate me like most others. I love Mario Badescu products. They really work well for my skin.

on 8/16/2004 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this cleanser after reading reviews on this site for my sensitive and dry skin. It doesn't foam but is quite soft, with little exfoliant particles in it. My face did feel clean after washing off, but unfortunately perhaps it stripped a bit too much off as my skin often stang when I applied moisturiser! Probably better for normal/oily skin.

on 7/19/2004 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm so glad I got a sample of this. It is heavily scented compared to other cleansers. It doesn't foam, which isn't a problem, but it did sting my skin and eyes. My skin is just too sensitive for this product.

on 7/14/2004 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily skin and didn't think that a cleanser that didn't foam up would do an adequate job cleaning my skin, but this one does. It has a fresh clean smell to it and if you can get past the fact that it doesn't foam, please try it. MB is awesome at sending samples if you contact their CS. They sent me several products based on my skin type and I really liked this one as well as the Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF.

on 7/11/2004 1:57:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail Cleanser. I've waited a month or so to write this in order to make sure that nothing happens in the way of breakouts or irritation.

I have combo/oily skin that is very easily irritated and made flaky due to very mild rosacea. Many products also cause little breakouts on my skin. Finding appropriate skin products is usually very difficult.

I was using Philosophy Real Purity, and it was good, but kind of irritating sometimes and not perfect in effect.

This Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel is the best cleanser I've ever tried! It takes off any makeup residue and daily dirt, and leaves my skin perfectly clean, yet not stripped or sensitive. It also gently exfoliates and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It does have a definate scent, but I find it to be a really agreeable, pleasant scent.

Drugstore price, luxury Spa quality at $12 for 8oz.

RAVE! =)

This is also my HG cleanser. It doesn't dry out my skin, keeps my skin clear and makes my skin feel great. I also will try another cleanser once in a while but quickly go back to this..what can I say I love mario