November 27, 2014 | 1502 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2004 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They sent this as a small sample when I ordered other items. I think this cleans very well and I especially like it after I've removed makeup. My only complaint is I'd rather have it in a tube as you can't get all of the product out from a bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 11:48:00 AM More reviews by queenV

I received a sample of this enzyme cleansing gel in a swap & love it. At first I was put off by the very strong fruity smell, which I found overpowering (it smells exactly like Rachel Perry's cucumber & elastin moisturizer). The texture was also creamier than my usual cleansers (almost like you're putting conditioner on your face). But my skin felt so smooth and soft after this enzyme cleanser that I forgot all about its smell & texture. I use it only in the morning when I have no makeup to remove, so don't know how well it would clear up foundation or mascara. I have not had any reactions to the cleanser, but think it wouldn't be suitable for anyone w/sensitive skin, given the strong fragrance.
Update: After buying the full size botlle, my skin reacted badly to this cleanser & I got a couple big cyst-like pimples, whcih I hadn't had in years. Needless to say, i stopped using the cleanser & the problem went away.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2004 1:21:00 AM More reviews by MJMartin70

I did not care for this at all. It felt like I was rubbing watered down hair gel all over my face. It did not take my makeup off, and even on days when I did not wear makeup my face felt dirty after using. It also stung my skin slightly, and even though I was careful to avoid my eye area, my eyes were red and stinging for hours afterward. Would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2004 11:41:00 PM More reviews by littO_girlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff works pretty well, it really gets the makeup and dirt off my face leaving it pretty clean. i really dont like the packaging of any of mario's products but i'd re-purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Karahmelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I have acne prone skin but now my face is totally clear. The price is more expensive then the cleansers you'd find at a drug store but the 8oz bottle lasts for several months. I started out with the Botanical Facial Gel which was also a very good product, but when I went to re-purchase it they didn't carry it at the store and I had to get the enzyme gel instead. Enzyme Gel is less strong, so it was good in the winter months when the Botanical Gel would have been too drying. I can't say enough positive remarks about this product - I didn't think I would ever find somehting to achieve a flawless complexion but I did!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2004 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Allandra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent cleanser. It's non-foaming (which I don't mind). It worked ok for my oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2004 7:02:00 PM More reviews by only1thanh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros
- Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
- Doesn't dry out my skin at all
- Take off most of my makeup
- Inexpensive ($12.00 for 8 oz)
- Great scent
- Refreshing

Cons
- Hard to find in stores
- Packaging is all not that great
- Does leave some sort of film
- Non-forming

Overall, this is a great cleanser for all types of skin. Find it at: www.mariobadescu.com

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2004 1:38:00 AM More reviews by darkmuffet

I am almost afraid to review this because it has worked so well and I am afraid to jinx it. Anyway, I have combination skin that is very breakout prone with the worst area being my chin and mouth. I received this as a sample from them for filling out the survey.I have been using this for about a week and a half now and did order the full size. Within 2 days my husband (who never notices anything) commented that my skin looked clearer and brighter. By the end of the week people at work were telling me I looked younger. My skin is not completely blemish free, but this is the clearest my skin has been in months if not longer. I also had very dry, almost scaly patches on my cheeks and they have cleared up as well. I have noticed too that my skin tone and texture seem to be better overall. I have read several complaints about the quality of the packaging but I don't care if it is plastic with a label stuck on it. It clears my skin and I am not paying for packaging. I have paid far more for other products with lesser results. I will be sticking with this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by cherylk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had read the reviews and decided to give it a try because my favorite enzyme product, Jaqua Girls Pumpkin and Papya Enzyme mask, was discontinued so my search for a great enzyme product was on. This is not a re-buy. The product fragrance is VERY strong and my rashy/acne prone very oily skin did not like it. It made my chin area get red and rashy and only the calming and soothing mask helped to calm it. I will not repurchase and now have a large size container to trade...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2004 9:50:00 PM More reviews by sandydarling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not too special of a cleanser, I really can't get used to the non-foaming part of it. It feels funny on my face, and I have to be really careful because even near my eyes (with eyes closed), my eyes get a bit irritated - and I have never had this problem before with any cleanser I've used in the past 7 years!

I don't see any effects with this cleanser, and the irritating quality just turns me off. I still love my Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser more :)