Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm 30, with sensitive, combination skin with a semi-oily t-zone and dry patches on my nose and cheeks. I don't really have any wrinkles yet (except for the tiniest bit near my eyes..but only when I smile) and I still suffer from mild acne.

I received a sample of the Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel a few months back and finally purchased a full-size of this cleanser (said to be for all skin types) recently, along with the Kera Moisturizer (said to be for C,D,S) and Hyaluronic Eye Cream (all skin types). I've been using those in conjunction with Thayer's Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel as a toner and my skin has improved dramatically over the past 2 weeks. The small whiteheads along my hairline have diminished and the dryness on my cheeks and nose has imprved as well. The Enzyme Cleansing Gel is wonderful because it is a simple and gentle formulation (which is important to me) with no artificial fragrances. It DOES have a rather strong natural fragrance, however my sensitive skin has not been irritated by it, and I actually like the smell..it's herbally & fresh. While it is non-foaming, it definitely does the job well, and I rarely see makeup remnants when I use my toner afterwards. My skin doesn't feel tight after using it, nor does it leave a film..my skin just feels clean and soft. Love it!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm 32 with fairly good skin, occasional PMS breakouts, slightly oily T zone, otherwise fairly normal though I get a bit blotchy with heavily perfumed products.
I've been using this for about 3 weeks and my skin loves it. It cleans my skin without stripping it severely (it does feel a bit tight but that quickly resolves after I apply my moisturizer). I use it in combination with the night seaweed cream and my skin has been glowing. Finally, The price is excellent. A pea sized amount is plenty to use and the bottle will easily last me 3-4 months. Update 5/12/05--I'm still on the same bottle---I'll easily get another 6-8 weeks out of it for about 5 months total. Great value and my skin still loves it.

This cleanser was refreshing at first, but became quickly too striping and made my face too thigh, even the oilier areas (I have a combo skin). Plus, the scent isn't really pleasant and this cleansing gel has such a weird color. Not for me.

I really like this cleanser. I think it's very gentle. I have oily skin and it does a good job of leaving it soft and not greasy. I wish it did a better job of removing eye makeup but other than that it doesn't strip my skin but gently cleanses. I use this in the AM in conjunction with the special cucumber lotion. My skin has been clearer since using it. I would repurchase when this bottle runs out. It is a little hard to find butI got mine at Nordstroms. I suggest going to the website and ghetting some free samples first.

I didn't like this cleanser at all. It made my face feel oily, and it didn't suds up at all. I just didn't like the texture, and I can't see any noticeable difference in my skin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used to think this was good but since switching to Cetaphil I realize just how stripping this was. Not a product for sensitive skin, as it claims to be.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hm. Even though I prefer foaming cleansers, this one is really impressing me. Got the nicely sized sample version so I've been using it for about a week. It leaves my skin refreshed and smooth. They are very generous with their samples, so try it out.

I broke out into tiny bumps after each and every use (and my skin is well behaved). Next!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Can't decide if I like this. It doesn't foam, so I prefer the glycolic cleanser; it's cheap so I prefer this gel to the glycolic cleanser. I can't tell if it hurts my eyes--I never let cleanser near my eyes. I have combination, acne-prone skin that seems to like it for the cleansing of both dry and oily. But it leaves my skin more dull and with more pimples than the glycolic cleanser. I don't know. I guess it's worth the outrageously good price for the huge bottle since it doesn't irritatemy skin and it smells good. Would maybe buy again.

Just for reference, I am in my mid 30's and have Combination skin with mild Rosacea and some very fine lines around the eyes. Unfortunately, my skin is very picky and I have to be very careful when choosing skincare.
I started using Mario Badescu products about 4 months ago after receiving several samples along with my Elasto-Seamollient Hand cream. My results were so wonderful, I intentionally waited for 3 months to make sure it kept working! I've tried several lines of skincare; Clinique (too strong, drying), Chanel (smelled way too "perfumey" to me), Bliss Labs (used the stuff for sensitive skin and subsequentley got the worst rash I've ever had!), Paula's Choice (still like this line, excellent basic skincare, especially the BHA's and cleansers!), Remede (sticker shock!!!), Kiss My Face Organics (made me think I just couldn't use "botanical" skincare; rashy and red!)and even Cetaphil and Eucerin at the recommendation of my Dr., but NOTHING has done the wonders that this line has!This cleanser was yet another winner for me. It really gets the gunk off and leaves my skin squeaky clean, but not dry in the least. I was a little nervous about using it because of the AHA's and botanical ingredients (bad memories of Kiss My Face). I thought it might be too harsh. On the contrary, it was quite soothing and I had absolutely no issues with sensitivity whatsoever.And I also like that this is a moderately
priced line. This cleanser runs about $12.00 for 8oz. A great choice for combo, oily, and/or blemish prone skin types! continued >>