Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

on 9/29/2004 7:13:00 PM

This is a great cleanser. Your skin feels very clean after. One important reminder: DO NOT get this in your eyes. It KILLS!

I have combination sensitive skin which is prone to breakouts. I tried this product after reading the description on the website. It was not aware that it had exfoliating particles and they worried me when I began to use the cleanser, but soon realized they did not irritate me like most others. I love Mario Badescu products. They really work well for my skin.

on 8/16/2004 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this cleanser after reading reviews on this site for my sensitive and dry skin. It doesn't foam but is quite soft, with little exfoliant particles in it. My face did feel clean after washing off, but unfortunately perhaps it stripped a bit too much off as my skin often stang when I applied moisturiser! Probably better for normal/oily skin.

on 7/19/2004 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm so glad I got a sample of this. It is heavily scented compared to other cleansers. It doesn't foam, which isn't a problem, but it did sting my skin and eyes. My skin is just too sensitive for this product.

on 7/14/2004 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily skin and didn't think that a cleanser that didn't foam up would do an adequate job cleaning my skin, but this one does. It has a fresh clean smell to it and if you can get past the fact that it doesn't foam, please try it. MB is awesome at sending samples if you contact their CS. They sent me several products based on my skin type and I really liked this one as well as the Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF.

on 7/11/2004 1:57:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail Cleanser. I've waited a month or so to write this in order to make sure that nothing happens in the way of breakouts or irritation.

I have combo/oily skin that is very easily irritated and made flaky due to very mild rosacea. Many products also cause little breakouts on my skin. Finding appropriate skin products is usually very difficult.

I was using Philosophy Real Purity, and it was good, but kind of irritating sometimes and not perfect in effect.

This Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel is the best cleanser I've ever tried! It takes off any makeup residue and daily dirt, and leaves my skin perfectly clean, yet not stripped or sensitive. It also gently exfoliates and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It does have a definate scent, but I find it to be a really agreeable, pleasant scent.

Drugstore price, luxury Spa quality at $12 for 8oz.

RAVE! =)

This is also my HG cleanser. It doesn't dry out my skin, keeps my skin clear and makes my skin feel great. I also will try another cleanser once in a while but quickly go back to this..what can I say I love mario

on 7/1/2004 5:06:00 PM

This product is my HG cleanser. I always return to this after testing everything else. Why I even look is beyond me. Everytime I try something and it breaks me out I return back to this to clear my skin up again. I will never be without this. The best part is a 16 oz bottle goes for $20 and last forever!

on 6/25/2004 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Enzyme Cleansing Gel:
Ingredients: deionized water, glycerin, papaya extract, grapefruit extract, monomide, triethanolamine, methyl paraben.

One of my fave MB products. I just tried a sample of the dermalogica microfoliant and
I have to say that it's like a cleanser version of the microfoliant, but i might prefer it better because it's also a cleanser.

It's a light green gel consistency, thicker than cetaphil. I massage it on face then rinse off. It keeps my skin sooooooooo soft (so polished already so that i didn't feel anything special when i tried the microfoliant!). A bonus is it's also really non-drying. My skin is soft and supple after using it. Big big thumbs up.
The only complaint is that it's quite fragranced, like floral herby scent or something. Not a big fan, luckily it washes away as soon as u rinse it off.

The price is rather cheap if purchased from the MB stores straight away, but the shipping they charge internationally is hedious and the customer service isn't the best out there.

***ETA:***
2nd/April/2005:
I've ventured into the realm of many other enzyme based cleansers/exfoliators, and found most of them did what this cleanser does if used regularly.
e.g. Origins never a dull moment cleanser (this one is working really well for keeping that smooth, supple and silky skin feel you get after enzyme masks or dermalogica microfoliant, i barely had to use any scrubs regularly after i started using origins!). Or those asian brand enzyme washing powder by kanebo etc. continued >>

on 6/14/2004 4:12:00 PM

my friend uses this product and her skin is great so i figured i'd take a break from my regular Clarins and try this. well within a week, my chin was blotchy and spotty. it was so bad, it looked like i had burns on my face. since it's summer the only thing i use on my face is foundation, and i never had a problem with my foundation before, so this must have irritated me. i stopped using this product and now use clarins and aloe vera to soothe my chin.