July 29, 2014 | 1938 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2004 1:38:00 AM More reviews by darkmuffet

I am almost afraid to review this because it has worked so well and I am afraid to jinx it. Anyway, I have combination skin that is very breakout prone with the worst area being my chin and mouth. I received this as a sample from them for filling out the survey.I have been using this for about a week and a half now and did order the full size. Within 2 days my husband (who never notices anything) commented that my skin looked clearer and brighter. By the end of the week people at work were telling me I looked younger. My skin is not completely blemish free, but this is the clearest my skin has been in months if not longer. I also had very dry, almost scaly patches on my cheeks and they have cleared up as well. I have noticed too that my skin tone and texture seem to be better overall. I have read several complaints about the quality of the packaging but I don't care if it is plastic with a label stuck on it. It clears my skin and I am not paying for packaging. I have paid far more for other products with lesser results. I will be sticking with this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by cherylk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had read the reviews and decided to give it a try because my favorite enzyme product, Jaqua Girls Pumpkin and Papya Enzyme mask, was discontinued so my search for a great enzyme product was on. This is not a re-buy. The product fragrance is VERY strong and my rashy/acne prone very oily skin did not like it. It made my chin area get red and rashy and only the calming and soothing mask helped to calm it. I will not repurchase and now have a large size container to trade...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2004 9:50:00 PM More reviews by sandydarling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not too special of a cleanser, I really can't get used to the non-foaming part of it. It feels funny on my face, and I have to be really careful because even near my eyes (with eyes closed), my eyes get a bit irritated - and I have never had this problem before with any cleanser I've used in the past 7 years!

I don't see any effects with this cleanser, and the irritating quality just turns me off. I still love my Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser more :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Asphodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One yummy cleanser! Smells wonderful, surperb cleansing power, removes basic makeup with just one rinse. I've really noticed a change of texture of my skin, rough patches and tiny bumps are going away, what's left is visibly smooth and soft to touch skin. Reasonably priced, the Enzyme Cleasing Gel is one of my MB favourites. Will definitely be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 6:53:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

When I saw this in Lucky magazine, I become curious. This is a non-foaming cleanser. The texture is similar to Cetaphil's except it's more gel-like. Also has a nice aloe scent (but not overwhelming). Overall a decent cleanser, but not my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this to be a good cleanser- it removed my makeup and I felt clean and smooth after using, but I get the same effect from my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish cleanser. I've found that AHA cleansers are all pretty much the same- the only difference here is that MB is a gel and Neutrogena is a cream/gel. The Enzyme Cleansing Gel is nice, but not better than what I currently use. I wont be purchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Preeti

This cleanser took off all my makeup but left my combo/sensitive skin extremely dry. It's a little too harsh for everyday use. It might be better in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by KimV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such a great cleanser, it actually changes the texture of my skin - instead of stripping it of natural moisture, it feels soft and hydrated. And it cleanses and rids of oil and makeup very nicely. While it doesn't foam, that doesn't really bother me. The thing I love about Mario Badescu products is the minimal amount of ingredients - all of which are safe for your skin. So far I am sticking with MB skincare line as my staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2004 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Carys

I got samples of this cleanser two years ago as part of the sampler set MB mailed me (after filling out their online consultation form- if you haven't done so, go do it! It's absolutely free, they send you samples of products based on the information you give them, and they even eat the shipping costs!)

I've never bought another cleanser after trying this. I was hooked, and still am. It doesn't foam, which took a few days to get used to, but this puppy can clean skin with the best of them. Makeup doesn't stand a chance against it. I have combination sensitive skin, so it was tough trying to find a cleanser strong enough to clean my t-zone, without drying out the rest of my face, and not setting off my allergies to some products that make my skin itch like crazy. This cleanser did the job and it's my holy grail of facial cleansers. No wonder Iman loves it, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2004 4:17:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Fred Segal's when they still carried the Mario Badescu line and now I wish I'd bought more of his products while they were still there! I was looking for an everyday cleanser and trying to decide between this one and something by Kiehl's, which the associate was pushing me towards. He said the Kiehl's one was a good basic cleanser and that the MB one, with the enzymes, might be better to use just in the days before your period (when you're expecting to break out). To his disappointment, I bought the MB one and I've loved it ever since. It's one of those products where, for me at least, I've really noticed a difference in my skin since using it, so I plan on buying another bottle when I run out. Since I've started using ProActiv I only use this cleanser in the morning, but it helps prevent the ProActiv from drying out my skin too much. The smell is yummy too.