December 20, 2014 | 1239 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2004 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ccrider

my friend uses this product and her skin is great so i figured i'd take a break from my regular Clarins and try this. well within a week, my chin was blotchy and spotty. it was so bad, it looked like i had burns on my face. since it's summer the only thing i use on my face is foundation, and i never had a problem with my foundation before, so this must have irritated me. i stopped using this product and now use clarins and aloe vera to soothe my chin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2004 12:05:00 PM More reviews by BlacklightFreakout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this cleanser. the smell is a little to perfumey in a grassy/herbal type of way. it cleanse very well. takes off makeup. won't strip your skin, making it dry. i am on my 5th bottle of this since last august. my skin has improved. no more acne breakouts and bumpy skin. my skin has a glow to it. this might be my holy grail for life! [i am going to experiment w/shiseido when i use up this bottle. if i don't like shiseido, i will definately comeback to m.b.] a 8oz bottle is $12 usd and it will last you 2.5 months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2004 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

I actually liked this product. It still smells like cheap detergent, but leaves my skin taut and feeling baby smooth. Can be drying especially in winter but you're supposed to moisturiser slightly damp skin to seal in moisture anyways. I don't recommend daily use for sensitive skin, but for those who are used to using acids, this is a nice pick me up once treatment effect peaks from your daily treatment. It won't give you the glow that peels do, but it does deep cleanse the skin. Took a lippie off for the smell and also the ease of access since I'm in Australia. Shipping from the MB site is heinous. I'd prefer it to come with a pump too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2004 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They sent this as a small sample when I ordered other items. I think this cleans very well and I especially like it after I've removed makeup. My only complaint is I'd rather have it in a tube as you can't get all of the product out from a bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 11:48:00 AM More reviews by queenV

I received a sample of this enzyme cleansing gel in a swap & love it. At first I was put off by the very strong fruity smell, which I found overpowering (it smells exactly like Rachel Perry's cucumber & elastin moisturizer). The texture was also creamier than my usual cleansers (almost like you're putting conditioner on your face). But my skin felt so smooth and soft after this enzyme cleanser that I forgot all about its smell & texture. I use it only in the morning when I have no makeup to remove, so don't know how well it would clear up foundation or mascara. I have not had any reactions to the cleanser, but think it wouldn't be suitable for anyone w/sensitive skin, given the strong fragrance.
Update: After buying the full size botlle, my skin reacted badly to this cleanser & I got a couple big cyst-like pimples, whcih I hadn't had in years. Needless to say, i stopped using the cleanser & the problem went away.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2004 1:21:00 AM More reviews by MJMartin70

I did not care for this at all. It felt like I was rubbing watered down hair gel all over my face. It did not take my makeup off, and even on days when I did not wear makeup my face felt dirty after using. It also stung my skin slightly, and even though I was careful to avoid my eye area, my eyes were red and stinging for hours afterward. Would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2004 11:41:00 PM More reviews by littO_girlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff works pretty well, it really gets the makeup and dirt off my face leaving it pretty clean. i really dont like the packaging of any of mario's products but i'd re-purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Karahmelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I have acne prone skin but now my face is totally clear. The price is more expensive then the cleansers you'd find at a drug store but the 8oz bottle lasts for several months. I started out with the Botanical Facial Gel which was also a very good product, but when I went to re-purchase it they didn't carry it at the store and I had to get the enzyme gel instead. Enzyme Gel is less strong, so it was good in the winter months when the Botanical Gel would have been too drying. I can't say enough positive remarks about this product - I didn't think I would ever find somehting to achieve a flawless complexion but I did!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2004 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Allandra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent cleanser. It's non-foaming (which I don't mind). It worked ok for my oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2004 7:02:00 PM More reviews by only1thanh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros
- Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
- Doesn't dry out my skin at all
- Take off most of my makeup
- Inexpensive ($12.00 for 8 oz)
- Great scent
- Refreshing

Cons
- Hard to find in stores
- Packaging is all not that great
- Does leave some sort of film
- Non-forming

Overall, this is a great cleanser for all types of skin. Find it at: www.mariobadescu.com

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No