April 19, 2014 | 886 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this to be a good cleanser- it removed my makeup and I felt clean and smooth after using, but I get the same effect from my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish cleanser. I've found that AHA cleansers are all pretty much the same- the only difference here is that MB is a gel and Neutrogena is a cream/gel. The Enzyme Cleansing Gel is nice, but not better than what I currently use. I wont be purchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Preeti

This cleanser took off all my makeup but left my combo/sensitive skin extremely dry. It's a little too harsh for everyday use. It might be better in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by KimV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such a great cleanser, it actually changes the texture of my skin - instead of stripping it of natural moisture, it feels soft and hydrated. And it cleanses and rids of oil and makeup very nicely. While it doesn't foam, that doesn't really bother me. The thing I love about Mario Badescu products is the minimal amount of ingredients - all of which are safe for your skin. So far I am sticking with MB skincare line as my staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2004 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Carys

I got samples of this cleanser two years ago as part of the sampler set MB mailed me (after filling out their online consultation form- if you haven't done so, go do it! It's absolutely free, they send you samples of products based on the information you give them, and they even eat the shipping costs!)

I've never bought another cleanser after trying this. I was hooked, and still am. It doesn't foam, which took a few days to get used to, but this puppy can clean skin with the best of them. Makeup doesn't stand a chance against it. I have combination sensitive skin, so it was tough trying to find a cleanser strong enough to clean my t-zone, without drying out the rest of my face, and not setting off my allergies to some products that make my skin itch like crazy. This cleanser did the job and it's my holy grail of facial cleansers. No wonder Iman loves it, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2004 4:17:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Fred Segal's when they still carried the Mario Badescu line and now I wish I'd bought more of his products while they were still there! I was looking for an everyday cleanser and trying to decide between this one and something by Kiehl's, which the associate was pushing me towards. He said the Kiehl's one was a good basic cleanser and that the MB one, with the enzymes, might be better to use just in the days before your period (when you're expecting to break out). To his disappointment, I bought the MB one and I've loved it ever since. It's one of those products where, for me at least, I've really noticed a difference in my skin since using it, so I plan on buying another bottle when I run out. Since I've started using ProActiv I only use this cleanser in the morning, but it helps prevent the ProActiv from drying out my skin too much. The smell is yummy too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2004 6:50:00 AM More reviews by danifit

I love this cleanser. I received it as a sample and couldnt wait to get the full size in the mail. It has a great fresh scent. Although it doesnt foam, it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean.Leaves my skin just a tad dry in these harsh winter months, nothing a little moisturizer cant handle. I love MB products the healing cream is top of the line. Will purchase this item again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2003 9:14:00 PM More reviews by scooter

I tried a sample of this a few months ago, and I loved it so much, I purchased a full-size bottle when the sample was empty. I use this cleanser and the Aloe Lotion, and my skin has never looked better. It removes my makeup without making my face feel tight or dry. No breakouts or clogged pores, which is usually a problem for me. I love the scent, too. Highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2003 8:26:00 AM More reviews by perrier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great, deep clensing gel. I normally use Olay daily cleansing cloths, but once a week use this cleanser after my Philosophy scrub. It leaves my skin soft, clean and refreshed. I love the smell too. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2003 7:14:00 PM More reviews by nikit32

Works well, you have to get used to no foaming, but leaves no residue. Been using for over a month and am still happy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2003 11:09:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Initially i loved this- for the first week. But then i broke out from it on my forehead. I never break out from products! I stopped using it, and skin returned to normal.
I donated what was left (pretty much all of it) to my friend who has more acne-prone skin than me, and she loved it and wants me to order her more. so, each to their own.