Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Papaya (Carica Papaya Fruit) Extract, Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis Fruit) Extract, Lauramide DEA, Monomide, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben. (2/19/2014)

on 7/19/2004 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm so glad I got a sample of this. It is heavily scented compared to other cleansers. It doesn't foam, which isn't a problem, but it did sting my skin and eyes. My skin is just too sensitive for this product.

on 7/14/2004 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily skin and didn't think that a cleanser that didn't foam up would do an adequate job cleaning my skin, but this one does. It has a fresh clean smell to it and if you can get past the fact that it doesn't foam, please try it. MB is awesome at sending samples if you contact their CS. They sent me several products based on my skin type and I really liked this one as well as the Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF.

on 7/11/2004 1:57:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail Cleanser. I've waited a month or so to write this in order to make sure that nothing happens in the way of breakouts or irritation.

I have combo/oily skin that is very easily irritated and made flaky due to very mild rosacea. Many products also cause little breakouts on my skin. Finding appropriate skin products is usually very difficult.

I was using Philosophy Real Purity, and it was good, but kind of irritating sometimes and not perfect in effect.

This Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel is the best cleanser I've ever tried! It takes off any makeup residue and daily dirt, and leaves my skin perfectly clean, yet not stripped or sensitive. It also gently exfoliates and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It does have a definate scent, but I find it to be a really agreeable, pleasant scent.

Drugstore price, luxury Spa quality at $12 for 8oz.

RAVE! =)

This is also my HG cleanser. It doesn't dry out my skin, keeps my skin clear and makes my skin feel great. I also will try another cleanser once in a while but quickly go back to this..what can I say I love mario

on 7/1/2004 5:06:00 PM

This product is my HG cleanser. I always return to this after testing everything else. Why I even look is beyond me. Everytime I try something and it breaks me out I return back to this to clear my skin up again. I will never be without this. The best part is a 16 oz bottle goes for $20 and last forever!

on 6/25/2004 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Enzyme Cleansing Gel:
Ingredients: deionized water, glycerin, papaya extract, grapefruit extract, monomide, triethanolamine, methyl paraben.

One of my fave MB products. I just tried a sample of the dermalogica microfoliant and
I have to say that it's like a cleanser version of the microfoliant, but i might prefer it better because it's also a cleanser.

It's a light green gel consistency, thicker than cetaphil. I massage it on face then rinse off. It keeps my skin sooooooooo soft (so polished already so that i didn't feel anything special when i tried the microfoliant!). A bonus is it's also really non-drying. My skin is soft and supple after using it. Big big thumbs up.
The only complaint is that it's quite fragranced, like floral herby scent or something. Not a big fan, luckily it washes away as soon as u rinse it off.

The price is rather cheap if purchased from the MB stores straight away, but the shipping they charge internationally is hedious and the customer service isn't the best out there.

***ETA:***
2nd/April/2005:
I've ventured into the realm of many other enzyme based cleansers/exfoliators, and found most of them did what this cleanser does if used regularly.
e.g. Origins never a dull moment cleanser (this one is working really well for keeping that smooth, supple and silky skin feel you get after enzyme masks or dermalogica microfoliant, i barely had to use any scrubs regularly after i started using origins!). Or those asian brand enzyme washing powder by kanebo etc. continued >>

on 6/14/2004 4:12:00 PM

my friend uses this product and her skin is great so i figured i'd take a break from my regular Clarins and try this. well within a week, my chin was blotchy and spotty. it was so bad, it looked like i had burns on my face. since it's summer the only thing i use on my face is foundation, and i never had a problem with my foundation before, so this must have irritated me. i stopped using this product and now use clarins and aloe vera to soothe my chin.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this cleanser. the smell is a little to perfumey in a grassy/herbal type of way. it cleanse very well. takes off makeup. won't strip your skin, making it dry. i am on my 5th bottle of this since last august. my skin has improved. no more acne breakouts and bumpy skin. my skin has a glow to it. this might be my holy grail for life! [i am going to experiment w/shiseido when i use up this bottle. if i don't like shiseido, i will definately comeback to m.b.] a 8oz bottle is $12 usd and it will last you 2.5 months.

on 6/8/2004 7:25:00 AM

I actually liked this product. It still smells like cheap detergent, but leaves my skin taut and feeling baby smooth. Can be drying especially in winter but you're supposed to moisturiser slightly damp skin to seal in moisture anyways. I don't recommend daily use for sensitive skin, but for those who are used to using acids, this is a nice pick me up once treatment effect peaks from your daily treatment. It won't give you the glow that peels do, but it does deep cleanse the skin. Took a lippie off for the smell and also the ease of access since I'm in Australia. Shipping from the MB site is heinous. I'd prefer it to come with a pump too.

on 6/5/2004 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

They sent this as a small sample when I ordered other items. I think this cleans very well and I especially like it after I've removed makeup. My only complaint is I'd rather have it in a tube as you can't get all of the product out from a bottle.