September 20, 2014 | 831 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2004 11:41:00 PM More reviews by littO_girlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff works pretty well, it really gets the makeup and dirt off my face leaving it pretty clean. i really dont like the packaging of any of mario's products but i'd re-purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Karahmelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I have acne prone skin but now my face is totally clear. The price is more expensive then the cleansers you'd find at a drug store but the 8oz bottle lasts for several months. I started out with the Botanical Facial Gel which was also a very good product, but when I went to re-purchase it they didn't carry it at the store and I had to get the enzyme gel instead. Enzyme Gel is less strong, so it was good in the winter months when the Botanical Gel would have been too drying. I can't say enough positive remarks about this product - I didn't think I would ever find somehting to achieve a flawless complexion but I did!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2004 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Allandra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent cleanser. It's non-foaming (which I don't mind). It worked ok for my oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2004 7:02:00 PM More reviews by only1thanh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros
- Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
- Doesn't dry out my skin at all
- Take off most of my makeup
- Inexpensive ($12.00 for 8 oz)
- Great scent
- Refreshing

Cons
- Hard to find in stores
- Packaging is all not that great
- Does leave some sort of film
- Non-forming

Overall, this is a great cleanser for all types of skin. Find it at: www.mariobadescu.com

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2004 1:38:00 AM More reviews by darkmuffet

I am almost afraid to review this because it has worked so well and I am afraid to jinx it. Anyway, I have combination skin that is very breakout prone with the worst area being my chin and mouth. I received this as a sample from them for filling out the survey.I have been using this for about a week and a half now and did order the full size. Within 2 days my husband (who never notices anything) commented that my skin looked clearer and brighter. By the end of the week people at work were telling me I looked younger. My skin is not completely blemish free, but this is the clearest my skin has been in months if not longer. I also had very dry, almost scaly patches on my cheeks and they have cleared up as well. I have noticed too that my skin tone and texture seem to be better overall. I have read several complaints about the quality of the packaging but I don't care if it is plastic with a label stuck on it. It clears my skin and I am not paying for packaging. I have paid far more for other products with lesser results. I will be sticking with this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by cherylk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had read the reviews and decided to give it a try because my favorite enzyme product, Jaqua Girls Pumpkin and Papya Enzyme mask, was discontinued so my search for a great enzyme product was on. This is not a re-buy. The product fragrance is VERY strong and my rashy/acne prone very oily skin did not like it. It made my chin area get red and rashy and only the calming and soothing mask helped to calm it. I will not repurchase and now have a large size container to trade...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2004 9:50:00 PM More reviews by sandydarling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not too special of a cleanser, I really can't get used to the non-foaming part of it. It feels funny on my face, and I have to be really careful because even near my eyes (with eyes closed), my eyes get a bit irritated - and I have never had this problem before with any cleanser I've used in the past 7 years!

I don't see any effects with this cleanser, and the irritating quality just turns me off. I still love my Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser more :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Asphodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One yummy cleanser! Smells wonderful, surperb cleansing power, removes basic makeup with just one rinse. I've really noticed a change of texture of my skin, rough patches and tiny bumps are going away, what's left is visibly smooth and soft to touch skin. Reasonably priced, the Enzyme Cleasing Gel is one of my MB favourites. Will definitely be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 6:53:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

When I saw this in Lucky magazine, I become curious. This is a non-foaming cleanser. The texture is similar to Cetaphil's except it's more gel-like. Also has a nice aloe scent (but not overwhelming). Overall a decent cleanser, but not my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this to be a good cleanser- it removed my makeup and I felt clean and smooth after using, but I get the same effect from my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish cleanser. I've found that AHA cleansers are all pretty much the same- the only difference here is that MB is a gel and Neutrogena is a cream/gel. The Enzyme Cleansing Gel is nice, but not better than what I currently use. I wont be purchasing this again.