NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 1/7/2009 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

What a genius product. Up until now, I had always used a creme based highlighter in stick form. I love the look of highlighter on top of cheek bones, under the brow, and in the corner of the eye. I decided to try this powder highlighter and I am just amazed at how beautiful it looks. It gives skin a glow that is not possible from a creme highlighter. Creme highlighters tend to sit on the skin while this product gives a glow that seems to come from within. I use a small blush brush to apply it, and then buff it into the skin. The result is a golden glow that is just gorgeous, subtle yet very effective. The price is a bit high, but compared to other highlighters it is correct. I would recommend this product to anyone as it is flawless with the proper application. LOVE IT!!

on 1/6/2009 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this in the Bridal Palette and I love it! It gives a golden sheen to the skin. Very subtle.

on 1/5/2009 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've got many highlighters and to be honest there's not really one comparable to this in finish on the skin.

The shimmer is a sparkly yellow tone. But it's not too glittery. It's one of those colours that are flattering to all skin colour (I believe). In the pan it looks like it'd be suitable on fair skin only but I also used it on my mum (whos quite tan) and it's goes on like a dream on her. Gives her a healthy sheen.

Soooooo expensive. I'd still buy it when I run out though. =)

on 12/20/2008 5:34:00 AM

Finally....the perfect highlighter. This compact makes my face glow - without the oily effect. This can be used over any blush color to give it that extra "umph..."

Worth every penny....

on 12/18/2008 5:50:00 PM

Definitely HG status. I've been searching high and low for a highlighter that would give you that perfect glow, the kind you see in magazines and this is it! Everything else I tried seemed too frosty or glittery but this really subtle and gives you that airbrushed, lit from within effect. I used it on my friend on her wedding day and it looked amazing on her, both in person and in pictures.

on 12/15/2008 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product because so many people on the boards loved it. I love it too! I had used several highlighters and always felt like they looked too glittery. This one is more like a pretty subtle shimmer. It gives that candlelight effect. The only negative thing for me is I don't like NARS packaging. It gets dirty looking too easily.

on 12/7/2008 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of those m/u products that I didn't know I needed, but once I used it I now can't live without it! I put this on my cheeks after my regular blush and it makes my blush color look so natural and my skin even toned and flawless. I love that the shimmer in it is very minimal, but rather is a sheen that gives me a semi-dewy look. Just became a HG product. Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/24/2008 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was suckered into buying this by a SA at Sephora. It is very pretty and I could probably use this for the eye area but I just was not impressed with this when using it on my cheeks. I could barely detect the shimmer when using a skunk and when using a more densely packed brush it applied ashy white. I will try to work with this, but its not looking too good.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

For reference, I'm a medium skinned asian. I've always perferred matte when it comes to foundation and blushes, because I feel that shimmer shouldn't be so overstated. It must be settled, and if you have a shimmery blush or a shimmery foundation, its definitely too much for me.

None-the-less, i love to highlight. I think highlighting brightens your whole look, and defines your face.This Nars highlighter does exactly what it does! It cant even be called shimmer, it's a golden sheen, that reflects light and makes you look so WOW, it's like having a candle-light walking around you all day long!

Even when you swatch this, it gives you a settle sheen. You use a fluffy, somewhat dense blush, use VERY little of this product at a time (less is more!) and you brush this on your forehead, your cheekbones (make a backward c), bridge of nose (very imp!), a bit on your chin, and most importantly, around your eyes. I dont wear eye makeup, but this in the inner corners, below the waterline and a tiny bit on the lip? makes your eyes POP! You look awake, fresh, and ready to go.

Definite investment, it's somewhat similiar to benefit high beam, but I found with the liquid formula of high beam its really hard to make it look perfect; this with a brush is simplicity and beauty.

on 11/15/2008 4:54:00 PM

An absolutely gorgeous barely-golden highlighter. my only complaint is that it doesn't give me that "wow" factor on it's own. I can't ever wear it without a light spritz of Fix+. For some reason it just looks too powdery and gives me a bit of a white cast even when I've only applied a small amount. Maybe it's coz I'm always layering it over powder foundation?? In any case, with Albatross in combination with a single spritz of Fix+, I feel like I'll never have to stray and explore other highlighters again, it really is that good :) It gives me a gorgeous runway supermodel-like glow, which I've never before been able to achieve with other highlighting products I have tried over the years. Love it and will definitely buy again!

Top Rated NARS Products