NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 2/13/2009 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this highlighter. I have pretty fair skin and I thought this might make me look even paler, but no! It's great! Especially when I have a tan. I had a picture taken of me with this stuff on and I had awesome highlights on my face. I love this!

on 2/12/2009 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my first highlighter. This is a soft pale warm gold. Its more shimmer than glitter. The shimmer is even subdued.This is really pretty on my NC 45 skin, the only thing is if you apply it too heavily you can look a little chalky. I use this also as a highlight color on my eyes. Sometimes I go to this for my little to no makeup look days or days when I look sallow for some reason. I also tap a little under my eyes and in the corners to get rid of the darkness. I'm a fairly minimal make up person ( I love make up just prefer to look more natural) and this doesn't make me feel like disco ball when I wear it like other highlighters I have tried. As far as buying it again, I'm not sure yet. Its a lot of product and I use very little. edit: although I still love this product I took it back. Since I am caring better for my skin and found a better concealer I am looking more lively and have my own glow. I might pick this up in a duo though but, I need more time to think about it.

on 2/10/2009 6:18:00 PM

I was soo excited when I bought it, because it looked great when I tried it on my hand at the store, however, when I putted at home on my pale skin ( blue undertones) and look at my self in day light- I looked horrible with yellow skin. I don't wear any foundation and was looking for some brightness in my skin, unfortunately, It just didn't work for me( maybe for some one with yellow undertones or over foundation)

on 2/4/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I luuuuuurrrve this highlighter.

Not much to say about it. It gives a beautiful "glow" to my NW20 skin without looking obvious. The packaging is classic Nars, sturdy and flat, perfect for travelling and storing.

I would definitely buy again.

on 2/4/2009 2:21:00 AM

I love this! Its expensive - but you get what you pay for... As others have mentioned its not sparkly at all, it gives a gorgeous natural glow and is a must have! I would repurchase this for sure, I'm only sorry I didn't buy it sooner!

on 1/30/2009 7:36:00 PM

I love every NARS product that I have tried and this highlighter is no exception.
I have pale skin and many highlighters are too dark for me, but this stuff is perfect. And it isn't overly glitter like alot of highlighters...it just gives you a pretty glow. This is HG for me!
I highly recommend this!

on 1/30/2009 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

(Sigh)

Amazing!!! I love this stuff!! It was way better than I expected, even after reading all of these rave reviews. I'm pretty pale, so I mostly use highlighter and blush: bronzer isn't something I use. I used to use a Smashbox highlighter (in a bottle, I think it was called Artificial Light). It was a creamy irridescent white liquid, and I pretty much used up the whole bottle, though it took a year or two.

But I was looking for something different, and not a liquid. My skin's been more oily lately, so I was thinking a powder would be nice. I've never regretted anything I got from Nars, so I though I would check this out.

First off, the pictures and swatches both on here and on the website don't do it justice: it looks almost purely white in the pics. However, in person, it is a very, very soft white/champagne/golden color. It is beautiful applied: it really does look like candlelight! The shimmer is so fine that you can barely see it: only if you get a few inches away from your face. It just gives you a sheen, not glittery at all!! I use a fluffy blush brush to apply to cheekbones and a smaller fluffy eye shadow brush to apply to the cupids bow. You can put it lightly or build it up for night time. The color is phenomenal. Just what I was looking for!!

It is Nars, so you have to pay, but I can't see running out of this in less than a couple of years because you use such a small amount each time. I love this stuff!! For those of you who are really pale, too, this may be just what you were looking for!

on 1/25/2009 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

***Click Continued for pic.*** For reference, I'm NW10-15.
General description: this is a shimmery, light cream colored powder that gives a beautiful glow w/o going OOT. I find it appropriate for work, if used in moderation, and I work in a profession that encourages minimal mu use. The powder itself is very finely milled, and the packaging is the usual black rubber Nars compact. Like most Nars blushes (though this is a highlighter, not a blush), a little goes a long way so you get quite a lot for your money.
Final Verdict: I would definitely repurchase if I ever need to, but I can't imagine ever using all of this. I held off on purchasing this for years, b/c I own several highlighters and thought "how unique can this be?", but now I'm sorry I waited so long! I think it's a great way to add some dimension to your face and avoid looking flat, w/o looking like a teenager/club kid. Also, I have some visible pores on my cheeks and this doesn't settle in to them which is rare IME for a shimmery powder. I would highly recommend Albatross to those with medium to light skin, and might just recommend trying before buying to those with darker skin tones simply b/c it is quite light and I'm not sure if it would give a chalky look on darker skin.

continued >>

on 1/23/2009 9:37:00 PM

This is one of the first NARS products I bought - in a blush duo with orgasm blush powder. I hav tried many highlighters, ranging from drugstore (revlon skinlights) to high end (estee lauder, MAC mineralize skinfinishes...) and a lot in between, but this is the one I feel is the most easy to work with. It can even be applied with fingers (most NARS products are apparently formulated to be used like this) or a brush and buffed out to give a beautifully subtle golden sheen to the skin. I believe this would work well with most skintones. Also seems quite versatile - I use this as a brow highlighter and in the inner corner of the eye with great results, and it can also be used to sweep over a blush that has gone on too strong to soften the effect (Nico also works well for this, giving slightly less of a highlighting effect...) HG for me x

on 1/21/2009 12:35:00 AM

I like this highlighter, esp over bronzer or bronzey blushes -- has a sheen rather than obvious glitter or particles falling out. Very versatile product -- can be used on browbone and inner corners of eyes. prob works on many skin tones as well.

Top Rated NARS Products