NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

on 3/5/2009 7:24:00 PM

This is beautiful. It's pale pale yellow with light golden shimmer and when I wear this I look like my face is being lit by candles everywhere I go. I will use this forever.

on 2/28/2009 5:00:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This was another hype-motivated buy. It was in all the magazines and all the celebs used it to get that elusive sheen to their face. The shimmer is perfect and it is triple milled so the texture is great to work with. The only problem with this is that it leaves me with a very noticable yellow sheen to my cheekbones which looks very un-natural and just plain weird on my NC15 complexion. If you have more of a yellow/olive under-tone I can imagine this works perfectly but unfortunatley I will still have to unt down my HG highlighter.

on 2/27/2009 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Best highlighter I've ever used. Makes you movie star beautiful. I put it on my cheek bones, browbones, forehead, chin, and nose. After trying this I'm hooked and I will never switch. Got it in a swap so price was reasonible :)

on 2/25/2009 9:44:00 PM

Albatross is a highlighter with very subtle golden shimmer. The powder is extremely fine and pigmented. It may seem like very tiny amount of product, but it's packed very densely. I've had it for few months and I've barely broke the surface. I have medium olive skin, and it just gives my skin a very natural glow. It takes no skill to apply, (I'm usually afraid of working with shimmery products). I would expect this highlighter to flatter most skin tones. Definitely would recommend this to someone who wants some healthy glow to their face.

on 2/16/2009 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

this is sooooooo pretty. it leaves such a beautiful natural sheen

on 2/13/2009 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this highlighter. I have pretty fair skin and I thought this might make me look even paler, but no! It's great! Especially when I have a tan. I had a picture taken of me with this stuff on and I had awesome highlights on my face. I love this!

on 2/12/2009 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my first highlighter. This is a soft pale warm gold. Its more shimmer than glitter. The shimmer is even subdued.This is really pretty on my NC 45 skin, the only thing is if you apply it too heavily you can look a little chalky. I use this also as a highlight color on my eyes. Sometimes I go to this for my little to no makeup look days or days when I look sallow for some reason. I also tap a little under my eyes and in the corners to get rid of the darkness. I'm a fairly minimal make up person ( I love make up just prefer to look more natural) and this doesn't make me feel like disco ball when I wear it like other highlighters I have tried. As far as buying it again, I'm not sure yet. Its a lot of product and I use very little. edit: although I still love this product I took it back. Since I am caring better for my skin and found a better concealer I am looking more lively and have my own glow. I might pick this up in a duo though but, I need more time to think about it.

on 2/10/2009 6:18:00 PM

I was soo excited when I bought it, because it looked great when I tried it on my hand at the store, however, when I putted at home on my pale skin ( blue undertones) and look at my self in day light- I looked horrible with yellow skin. I don't wear any foundation and was looking for some brightness in my skin, unfortunately, It just didn't work for me( maybe for some one with yellow undertones or over foundation)

on 2/4/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I luuuuuurrrve this highlighter.

Not much to say about it. It gives a beautiful "glow" to my NW20 skin without looking obvious. The packaging is classic Nars, sturdy and flat, perfect for travelling and storing.

I would definitely buy again.

on 2/4/2009 2:21:00 AM

I love this! Its expensive - but you get what you pay for... As others have mentioned its not sparkly at all, it gives a gorgeous natural glow and is a must have! I would repurchase this for sure, I'm only sorry I didn't buy it sooner!