August 20, 2014 | 1859 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by acates715

Finally broke down and bought this..and I am SO glad i did! I've been using mineral makeup for years and was thinking about going back to liquid but hated the cakey finish you sometimes get if you use a heavier formulation for coverage. Bought the sponge, and used alittle liquid foundation that my 12 year old daughter had (very light coverage) and i couldn't believe how soft and airbrushed my skin looked..without a heavy feel or look at all! And the coverage was amazing! I ordered some MUF HD foundation (which I haven't recieved yet) and I can't wait to try it with this (since it is a heavier coverage foundation then what my daughter has) Im thinking with alittle heavier covereage foundation...Im gonna look like an airbrushed Goddess with NO imperfections lol! This sponge is great..so glad I fell for all the good reviews I read here..they were right!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really liking my beautyblender pink egg sponges. I wet one in water when I get up in the morning, squeeze it out. Then when I do my makeup, I put a dot of makeup on my cheeks, eyelids, forehead, etc. Then I bounce the sponge all over it. I haven't used the pointed end for anything yet. But, it really spreads the makeup all around, I get good coverage, and it looks airbrushed. It looks like my skin, but with no imperfections. I use one egg one day and then use the other egg the next day-- to give them a good chance to dry out between uses. A dry sponge is not making bacteria. I did not buy the cleanser, but have been using Dr. Bronner's which I read here does the same thing. Also, I had no packaging issues-- my two sponges came packed in a small round container-- no spikey things, no problems.

Edited to add two weeks later--- these things are FRAGILE. I already have a crack in mine just from careful washing. FRAGILE!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

Saw makeupbytiffanyd and makeupgeek on youtube use this, and I decided to give it a try. Got it in the mail yesterday and used it this morning and I really like the results. I used it damp as suggested and I bounce it around my face in a stippling motion. Works great with a heavier foundation (laura mercier's silk creme foundation). Gives a nice even coverage that looks very natural. I use very little product and yet it still gives good coverage to even out my skintone. What I love most about this sponge, is using it for my undereye concealer. It just blends in really well and looks more natural than a concealer brush or patting it in with my fingertips. And it doesn't take away from the coverage. Love this and won't be using anything else

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by stellarfungi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Where has this been all my life?! I've always had a lot of problems applying foundation, no matter what I used, whether it was a regular makeup sponge, a foundation brush, or my fingers. The only tool I hadn't tried yet was a stippling brush. The Beautyblender blows everything I've tried out of the park, and then some. There isn't much I can say about it that hasn't already been said - this magenta sponge is AMAZING.

I've amassed what seems like enough foundation samples to cover the whole United States military, and I tried the Beautyblender with a few of them. Without the Beautyblender, no matter WHAT I did, foundation just looks cakey and very obvious on my skin. With the Beautyblender, foundations I never would have dreamed of wearing out of the house apply perfectly. I wouldn't say that this makes crappy foundations good - some are just poor quality. But it certainly makes good ones better. Run it under warm water until it inflates, squeeze the water out, dot foundation all over your face and bounce the Beautyblender until everything is buffed in. It could hardly be any easier. The reason why it works so well is that the bouncing deposits pigment evenly across your face without exfoliating your flakes up to the surface the way rubbing with fingers, regular sponges, or brushes would. I'll never go back to any other application method again.

I was skeptical about paying so much for a sponge, but it's well worth it.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always used my fingers or brushes to blend but I decided to try this sponge. It's awesome! I couldn't believe what a huge difference it made, both in ease of blending and how much better my makeup looked! It may seem a little expensive at first but trust me, it's well worth it. It's easy to use, just dampen it slightly and use it to stipple on whatever product you like, or to blend. Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by michellementor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just wanted to give a heads up to people who live in Canada. At my local London Drugs I found a near perfect dupe of the beauty blender. I was amazed. It is part of the "london look" line and in the aisle with all the brushes. It only cost me 9.99 and literally works and looks like the beauty blender. Waaaay better than the sonia one from target. I am going to go back and get more. I have intense fears of things disappearing from stores once I find something I love! LOL

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading a lot of reviews on this, I decided to buy one for myself (when Sephora was having 15% off). It is expensive considering that you're paying for a sponge. But it is well worth the money. I have been using this for a week now to put my liquid foundation on. It just makes the foundation look like my own skin! It blends in perfectly on the skin, making the face look absolutely flawless! If you're a liquid foundation type of girl, you need to get this. It makes a big difference! (Although, I haven't tried this with powder or blush because I'm pretty happy with my stippling brushes to do that job well.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this sponge. It really works well with my Estee Lauder double wear to make it go on smoother and look less cakey/masky. I tried the Sonia Kushak sponge first, and I liked it, but it got me wondering if this would be better, and IT IS! It is much softer than the Sonia sponge which I think makes for easier/smoother application. I bought a 2 pack on Amazon and while I feel they are expensive for what they are, I would definitely buy again. If you're debating between the two, take the $10 you were gonna spend on a Sonia sponge and apply it towards this. It's worth it! (and I'm pretty cheap) LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm definitely digging it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by skibumschick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best product for putting on foundation. The shape, the feel, and the texture of this sponge are perfect!