July 31, 2014 | 1730 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by fourfootnine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know how helpful this review will be, as I've just received this from a swap and have only had it for a few days.

I've used it twice so far. The first time I ever soaked it in water, some of the pink dye came out. It wasn't a lot, but it did tint the small cup of water I had. It didn't affect how the product worked for me.

I love this sponge. It's very flexible and although tiny, it does expand to 2x its original size. The flexibility of this sponge helps blend my MakeUp Forever HD foundation with ease, especially since that particular foundation is meant for photoshoots and can feel heavy. And because the sponge is damp when I use it, I save a lot of product and it never feels cakey, almost like there's nothing there to begin with. I still get the same coverage I use with a brush, too, which is perfect.

I had a sample of the beautyBlender Cleanser to clean it with. I don't know if it was just me or if I didn't clean it the right way, but the cleanser didn't work for me. Instead, I used Cetaphil face wash since it has no scent or anything, and it's safe for sensitive skin. I didn't need a lot, but it cleaned my sponge instantly.

I am in love, and it is definitely a new staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by soozenc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this sponge for about 2 months now, and while I don't use it everyday, I absolutely love it and think it's worth every penny. Depending on how I feel, I'll switch up my foundations. This sponge works best for the Revlon Colorstay foundation and the TheBalm creme foundation. I love the way I can stipple (bounce) the foundation on and build up the coverage.The finish is pretty close to flawless. You can definately sheer out the foundation for lighter coverage with this sponge. I personally like medium to full coverage and I can totally achieve that with this sponge. I do love my Sigma flat top synthetic kabuki brush and I use it, but when I wash it and while I wait for it to dry then I use this as my back up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by zohrabohra

This is honestly the most amazing beauty creation ever!! I normally use a foundation brush (its a damp brush) and my makeup looked so ugly. I use the MAC SCULPT foundation. But as soon as I ordered this and started using it, I dont even use my foundation brush at all! This products does all the work for you. It almost looks like you have flawless skin and it blends so beautifully...It was pretty expensive considering I got it from Ebay (I'm a cheapie lol), but it's so worth it. THUMBS UP to whoever invented this product. I love putting the foundation on now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by kbeasleytx

THIS thing ROCKS! Little bit expensive. will know if the value is worth it when I see how long it lasts. have been using for a week - and my skin/foundation has NEVER looked this well. it makes you look like professional. even better than stipple brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow wow wow i love this pink sponge :) Stumbled upon this product accidently on youtube and started reading reviews here and decided to give this a try..i am no makeup expert mind you..but even i am amazed by the results. I used this with the MAC Studio Sculpt foundation and it applied like a dream, no streaks, makeup does'nt look caked on. Before this sponge i used to use ELF Studio Blush brush or my fingers..i felt it would not cover enough but after using this sponge i realise what i've been missing. Overall a biggggg YAY from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't express my love for this product enough. It IS way over priced (after all it's only a sponge) and I wish I knew how to make my own sponge but since I can't I will continue to buy it because there is no knock off that can do the job like this...definitely one of my favs.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this little pink sponge. I use it for foundation, blush, and powder. I haven't noticed the problem that other people mentioned with it soaking up too much product. What I do notice is that my skin looks incredibly natural.

Currently I'm using it with Philosophy's Superbeautiful liquid foundation, Everyday Minerals blush, and Everyday Minerals sunlight powder. The coverage I get is sheer (although I'm guessing that's from the foundation, I'm probably going to try something with more coverage soon), natural looking coverage with no cakey or powdery look. The blush I think is almost the most impressive though. It applies very smooth and evenly giving that "glowing" look.

Needless to say I'm impressed and no longer feel guilty about spending nearly $20 on a sponge. No more application brushes for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

I.Love.This. I like this better than a foundation brush and slightly better than stippling brush. My foundation blends so well with this sponge whereas if i use a brush I may have streaks and sometimes when i stipple with a brush I feel like my make up is heavy and I'm using lots of product. However with this sponge I can hardly feel my make up on yet I get a pretty medium to heavy coverage. I use this with my colorstay foundation which i liked but when i used it with my beautyblender i loved my colorstay even more! I think that wetting the sponge helped me used less product and gave me the light feeling on my skin. I've already bought my 2nd one that comes with the cleanser (i had a sample of the cleanser with the first sponge and it was the only thing that could remove all foundation stains off the sponge)

Down side is it is very expensive and even more expensive because I had to pay for shipping!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

I love love LOVE the Beautyblender! I have many at home and I must say that this basically eliminated the use of my array of makeup brushes. This works great for any type of foundation as well as powder and cream blushes!
Just dampen the BB with a bit of water and blot out the excess, then stiple your foundation on! Leaves you looking so natural and fresh!
Clean up is a breeze as well! I bought the BlenderCleanser, however, I have found that antibacterial soap works just as great, if not better!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by monica6338

This thing is great it take a little longer to put your foundation on but it makes any foundation look flawless <3