April 19, 2014 | 1753 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this item. Every foundation brush I've tried has at least something wrong with it-- streaky makeup, absorbs too much foundation, can't get into the tiny areas around my nose, etc. Beautyblender doesn't have any problems (at least so far) and I love how easy it is to wash it. My makeup always looks perfect (not cakey) and it's easy to add more foundation in the areas where it needs it. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by gobayram

HOLY GRAIL!!! OMG! i do not know how i ever lived without this sponge! it's SO amazing!! i've been using it every single day for the past 3 months and i cannot apply my foundation any other way! I wash it with the beauty blender cleanser every morning before using it (that way it's clean and wet) i dot my foundation all over then stipple it on with this and i look like i have flawless skin! i use the pointy tip to apply concealer under my eyes and even use it to blend the concealer on my blemish spots it really helps the product sink in and settle so it looks like it's not even on there! when i tell people i have foundation on they don't believe me. i cannot live without this it is worth the $!! Its less expensive than a MAC foundation brush so it's a reasonable price. you don't need to purchase the cleanser i just got it cause it was included in the set but when i'm done with the cleanser i wont repurchase i'll just refill the cool pumper with my own liquid soap :) if you want flawless, even foundation coverage buy this without hesitation!! A++! i will buy this over and over and over again!!

-note: i purchased the Sonia Kashuk sponge before i bought this one and it ripped after the first week while i was washing it! the sonia kashuk one does NOT expand like the beauty blender does, therefore the sonia kashuk one soaks up A LOT of foundation. yes, the beauty blender is double the price of the sonia kashuk but in the long run the beauty blender helps you save foundation so you don't have to keep buying more

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great sponge, applies foundation sooooooooooooo flawlessly & with ease & precision. I don't have much more to add other than the previous reviewers who raved so highly about it. Beware Australian buyers who purchase from beautyblender.com.au - you don't get the pedistool but it come in a see through pink pouch. =(

Thank goodness I watched/read reviews of this before purchasing it.. The sponge seems so fragile when damp & I have long nails, I wash it between the palm of my hands to keep it in tack. I also stained it by pouring my colorstay directly onto the sponge rather than a separate palette. Because I was holding it with the large side up, the foundation just slided down the sponge & stained it. I wish I knew this this =(... But no big deal I guess, the product still works.

Man this sponge absorbs a crap load of product, it kind of wastes your product. Quite depressing. But whatever. I guess the pros outweighs the cons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

HG status, for sure - I use this product every single time I apply makeup, and would recommend it to anyone, even if they only apply a small amount of concealer under the eyes...I resisted buying this sponge for a loooong time, thinking it was merely an over-priced gimmick. Well, I was dead wrong. I dampen the Beauty Blender slightly and use it to blend my concealer and foundation (both of which I initially apply with a brush) for an air-brushed look that is far superior to the application that I used to achieve with my fingers alone. In fact, I used to avoid wearing foundation because I was never satisfied with the results until I started using this sponge. The sponge's unique shape allows you to reach the most difficult angles of the face, especially the area between the nose and the inner corner of the eyes, where foundation and concealer is often essential. I recommend buying this product in the 2 sponge set with the cleanser (which is excellent as well), since it is a better buy. I clean my sponge every time I use it - and despite having used the same sponge for several months now, it still looks brand new. The cleanser also works wonderfully for makeup brushes. This product is a must-have for anyone who is particular about their foundation application! Well worth the price, since it allows you to make better use of your foundation and concealer, and it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Gm619

These work great. I like it better than a foundation brush. I dampen it slightly and wring it out. I dot the foundation on my face with my finger and then stipple with the sponge. I find that this method works best because if you dip a brush or sponge into the foundation it absorbs too much. I very lightly go over my face with the Sonia Kashuk highlighting brush( Mac 187 dupe) for a nice airbrushed look. I wash it after each usage with either the cleanser, soap or just hot water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by WinterWheat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thanks, MUA, for introducing me to yet another expensive product I am determined to use for life. I use CoverFX cream foundation to cover largish swaths of melasma left over from pregnancy and a childhood spent in the sun. This stuff is THICK, and it's easy to overapply. I've used my fingers, brushes, cheap drugstore wedge sponges, you name it, and I still end up with too much product on the outer layer of the skin and not enough settled down in the pores. I just want a thin layer all over. The first time I used the Beautyblender I was amazed at how evenly my foundation applied, and how my coverage was opaque but thin. The technique is easy; just stipple instead of rubbing. I don't like to buy specialized cleaning products b/c I think they're part of a major racket--I mean, this sponge is expensive enough as it is--so I just used my favorite brush cleaner, Prell shampoo (the classic green gel). Worked beautifully, although it did take a bit of time to squeeze the suds out of the sponge (Prell's fault, not the sponge's). The extra time and effort are worth it. I haven't tried the sponge yet for applying cream blushes, etc., but I look forward to it. Incidentally, I did use the pointed tip to apply eyeshadow base, and it worked like a dream. If you want an airbrushed look that still gives your skin the texture of SKIN, this is the tool to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this sponge as a present for X-mas & I had just started using it the other day, which yes I know is crazy but I didn't know how to use it but if I would have just opened it up I would have seen the directions right in there...duh!! Lol!! But anyways, I've only used it about 3x & I really like it, after reading the directions & watching a couple videos on youtube its so simple & very multipurpose! You can use it with foundation, liquid or powder, concealer, cream blush, or just about anything!! The pointy end let's you use it in hard to reach areas & the wider end is for larger spaces. I got the one sponge with the clean which, is great also & clean up is so much quicker than cleaning regular mu brushes, I actually don't mind cleaning the sponge after every use unlike washing mu brushes where u have to pull out the shampoo & everything then let dry over night or so. Yeah, the sponge has to sit there & dry too but it seems so much faster & easier! Prior to me using this sponge I had bought the MAC 190 brush & tried that for almost a week & didn't like it at all so I just returned it & feel much more comfortable using this or my 187 brush. Yes, this sponge is a bit expensive but I recommend you getting one, it is worth it! Even though I didn't buy this one, I am gonna get another, once this one gets old because its so good!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by 3dogsnight73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is hands down, the one product i will never be without. i have tried imitations, sonia kashuk, sephora, cheap drugstore wedges, to no avail. they are NOT the same as the beautyblender. is it an expensive sponge? on it's face, i guess, but when you consider how long this thing lasts that is no longer a consideration. i guess if you are a die-hard brush lover, then this will likely not change your mind. but i tried brushes and i come back to this over and over. i've turned on multiple women in my family to it. it is awesome for liquid foundation and because i wet it i don't feel like it sucks up any more foundation than any other implement. i also use it dry to apply my mac msfn for spot application.

any makeup lover out there owes this thing at least one try. if you don't like it, return it. but don't even bother trying to save a few bucks with imitations and think they are even close to the same as this, they aren't.

wow, i sound militant. we'll just call it enthusiasm. :-)

pros: lasts a very long time when cleansed and cared for properly, applies liquid and powder foundation beautifully

cons: my dogs love to get their paws on it

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by iillylabrati

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This sponge is so overrated. I used wedge sponges for a long time, but lately I am using foundation brushes, which I prefer over sponges. The price of this sponge is crazy. Try the Sonia Kashuk for about half the price...the principle is the same. It will be interesting to see if this thing stands the test of time or goes the way of the go-go boot. These sponges will never replace wedges.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by makemeupplease

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Obsessed with this sponge! cannot live without it! I've purchased 2 kits with the 2 sponges and cleanser and am about to purchase my 3rd kit. Foundation looks flawless, is great for applying concealer, and is also nice for blending. I always use mine damp but towel dry it before I use it. Love it!