December 18, 2014 | 1803 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by fatcupoftea

My HG facial mask. I was recommended this mask by another user and I'm totally in love with this stuff. At first I was really scared my skin would be too sensitive for this mask, but it works amazingly well with my skin! I've been using it every other day for almost two weeks and my face is seriously flawless even my mom and sister commented my skin looks better. O.O The mask got all the gunk out of the pores around my nose. I've found that when I use a thin layer on my face the mask works a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

I mixed 1 teaspoon of this with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and it was plenty to cover my entire face with a decent layer. It was crazy how tight this mask got, but it wasn't at all uncomfortable or itchy. I did feel it throbbing a little but only where I had a couple major pimples. When I rinsed, everything did seem to be brought to the surface. My face was a little red for a while afterwards but nothing worse than a mild sunburn. The good part was the next morning. My skin looked glowy and clear and there were no flakes at all. I'm impressed! I've used it for 3 nights in a row now with no problems, only steady improvement. My skin is used to strong treatments though. Be careful not to spill when opening the tub because it's packed all the way to the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by violetww

I call this "Aztec Punishment" because it makes your face throb like crazy and get all red afterwards. That being said, I absolutely love it. My normally oily skin has been a lot more balanced since I began using it. It does have a tendency to make you break out when you first use it, but that's because it brings all the toxins and newly-forming zits up to the surface of your skin. Once that phase is over, you're in the clear. I use it a few times a week. It's the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by psuedogeneris

I tried this tonight for the first time with the apple cider vinegar. It spread easily, much better than my only other mask that I have to mix myself (an old Bliss Breakout Busting Seaweed Task mask). The vinegar smell isn't particularly pleasant, but you get used to it.

I watched a tv show that kept me laughing while my mask dried. Some bits and pieces fell off, so that might not have been the best idea.

I felt the pulsing and after being on for about 30 minutes, I REALLY felt the mask start to work, so I left it on until 45 minutes. That's when it started to get painful, so I finally washed it all off and my skin underneath was a dream. It's luminescent and smooth. I read that if you have acne (and I do), that it will actually make your skin worse until it gets better because it's bringing all the toxins to the surface (where they can clear up immediately) and that if you use it for a little while, it will then clear up your skin. So while the quality of my skin looks better, I actually noticed a few more spots afterwards. I plan on updating after future uses, but this really looks like it could be my HG of masks. There's also a link that someone has referenced that has 12 different recipes-- highly recommend taking a look at it.

(if that doesn't work-- http://tinyurl.com/6u87ab).

UPDATE: I've been using the mask for three weeks now and I love it more now than I did before. I've used the mask with ACV, with just plain water, and with a greek yogurt, ACV, and honey mixture. When used with water, the mask doesn't mix well and feels tighter and somehow less effective. The ACV is just really necessary for mixing it, unless you use yogurt or milk or something. The ACV is probably my favorite, but I think I'm going to try and work in the honey. If you use yogurt or milk, the texture becomes mousse-like and it doesn't really burn when it's done drying and it doesn't get too red. My skin looks phenomenal. I see a marked difference in my skin quality, and while the initial applications made my skin break out a little more, it was definitely superficial and my skin has definitely improved.

When using the ACV by itself, be careful not to dry out your skin. I use coconut oil to moisturize afterwards and it keeps my skin soft.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pretty_wannabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It feels really strong as if it’s sucking/ cleaning my pores but it did not do much on my skin. Too bad... since price was so cheap I wish I liked it more. So far, I prefer Shiseido’s Naturgo clay mask (for the convince and performance) or Ella Bache’s Matte finish solution (at this point, I can’t live without it)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mask is absolutely amazing. I have tried so many...i am mask maniac .And I do like some others too BUT this ones is really my HG.I have combo skin very clog/prone BUT with dry flaky skin around my mouth. Most of the cleansing mask dries my skin even more. This one..NEVER.I apply on my face ( mix with water ) and stay for 30 minutes after that ones I wash it (hard to wash tough) my skin feel absolutely clean and never dry as I say. I definitely see great results with this mask. The best thing is that is so cheap too…

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by jlynn1986

I am actually doing this mask right now. I love it to an extent. Gets my horribly blackhead-spotted nose clear and my face looks nice after this.

However, hurts like no other. It gets so hard and tight that it makes me claustrophobic and I can't wait to wash it off. When you wash it off it is like washing off dry cement. Horrid! Leaves your face red for a while, definitely don't do this before a date or job interview..for nights in..alone..only. ;-)

With all these cons you would think I hate it, buuttt, for the skin it gives me I will continue to buy. One recommendation, do not use as much as the package says. I use one teaspoon with ACV and it is plenty. Too much and I am certain your face will peel off upon removal.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyRoseWolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is hardcore. It gets alllll of the gunk out of your pores. It works... but it's messy, it doesn't come pre mixed and it's hard to wash off. Even with all of that, it still gets 4 stars because it works so well. I would repurchase, but I don't know if I'll ever have to. The jar is massive!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by apirro

I really liked this product the first couple of uses,but I don't feel like it is really doing anything for skin anymore. Maybe it was a fluke that it worked at first.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by SheKnowsItAll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Much like everyone else reviewing this product, I love it. Dirt cheap, large quantity, no smell (of the clay itself), non-irritating and seems to be keeping breakouts at bay. Leaves my face SOOOOOO baby soft. I mix this with Apple Cider Vinegar and leave it on for an hour or till completely dry. It's time consuming and a pain to wash off BUT its worth it. If you're like me, and are desparate to get rid of acne, doing this as a nightly ritual, is worth the sacrifice! Highly recommended just for the health benefits alone (removal of toxins).

UPDATE: MY HOLY GRAIL! I have been using this every night for the past month and a half. For 3 days last week I got lazy and didn't apply this mask and I broke out on the 2nd day. The 4th night I applied this and left it on all night, yes, I slept with this stuff on my face (once it dries completely, it doesnt smear or anything) and my break outs were gone by the next morning. I have found the solution to all of my adult acne prone problems. I wish I would have known about this stuff a year ago, this would have saved me a lot of stress and heartache. I will never be without this stuff! I can not express just how happy this has made me. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! continued >>