November 23, 2014 | 1570 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mask is absolutely amazing. I have tried so many...i am mask maniac .And I do like some others too BUT this ones is really my HG.I have combo skin very clog/prone BUT with dry flaky skin around my mouth. Most of the cleansing mask dries my skin even more. This one..NEVER.I apply on my face ( mix with water ) and stay for 30 minutes after that ones I wash it (hard to wash tough) my skin feel absolutely clean and never dry as I say. I definitely see great results with this mask. The best thing is that is so cheap too…

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by jlynn1986

I am actually doing this mask right now. I love it to an extent. Gets my horribly blackhead-spotted nose clear and my face looks nice after this.

However, hurts like no other. It gets so hard and tight that it makes me claustrophobic and I can't wait to wash it off. When you wash it off it is like washing off dry cement. Horrid! Leaves your face red for a while, definitely don't do this before a date or job interview..for nights in..alone..only. ;-)

With all these cons you would think I hate it, buuttt, for the skin it gives me I will continue to buy. One recommendation, do not use as much as the package says. I use one teaspoon with ACV and it is plenty. Too much and I am certain your face will peel off upon removal.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyRoseWolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is hardcore. It gets alllll of the gunk out of your pores. It works... but it's messy, it doesn't come pre mixed and it's hard to wash off. Even with all of that, it still gets 4 stars because it works so well. I would repurchase, but I don't know if I'll ever have to. The jar is massive!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by apirro

I really liked this product the first couple of uses,but I don't feel like it is really doing anything for skin anymore. Maybe it was a fluke that it worked at first.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by SheKnowsItAll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Much like everyone else reviewing this product, I love it. Dirt cheap, large quantity, no smell (of the clay itself), non-irritating and seems to be keeping breakouts at bay. Leaves my face SOOOOOO baby soft. I mix this with Apple Cider Vinegar and leave it on for an hour or till completely dry. It's time consuming and a pain to wash off BUT its worth it. If you're like me, and are desparate to get rid of acne, doing this as a nightly ritual, is worth the sacrifice! Highly recommended just for the health benefits alone (removal of toxins).

UPDATE: MY HOLY GRAIL! I have been using this every night for the past month and a half. For 3 days last week I got lazy and didn't apply this mask and I broke out on the 2nd day. The 4th night I applied this and left it on all night, yes, I slept with this stuff on my face (once it dries completely, it doesnt smear or anything) and my break outs were gone by the next morning. I have found the solution to all of my adult acne prone problems. I wish I would have known about this stuff a year ago, this would have saved me a lot of stress and heartache. I will never be without this stuff! I can not express just how happy this has made me. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

While this stuff isn't pleasant feeling while on (I only leave on for 10 mins), I feel it's really the only thing that makes a noticeable difference in my skin right when I wash it off. My skin is softer and just cleaner looking. I wouldn't use it more than once- maybe twice per week for fear of making my already dry skin, more dry. You just need to be sure and moisturize afterwards.
I have dry, acne prone skin and I haven't noticed this causing breakouts or anything- but, I haven't used it in a while either and just started it up again last night. Though, I could see it purging your skin a little because of the strength, but I put BP on after I use the mask, then moisturize so that will hopefully curb breakouts.
Oh, and I mix it with mik. I cannot handle the vinegar that that it says to mix with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is STRONG! I mix it with diluted ACV (50:50), and it's one hell of a potent spot treatment or mask. I can't use this too much or it dries my face out but for hot, sticky summer days when my skin is super congested, this is great.

I paid $7 for a tub that's going to last me FOREVER. Great value for the price.

EDIT: Upped this to 4 stars, because i've found the best way to use this for my own skin. I have sensitive skin that's very clog-prone (seriously, i get the WORST blackheads on my cheeks). I mix this with ACV and add some honey to make it easier on my skin. My skin is far less irritated and not as dry after rinsing! Helps a LOT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by dysphoricmango

Love this clay. The package states that you can make 20-30 clay masks from the 2lb. tub but I think you can definitely make more than that. I only need around 1 1/2 tbsp. of powder to make a thick mask. I mix my clay with Organic Apple Cider Vinegar from Trader Joe's. I hate the smell of vinegar but I'm the type of person who will try anything to look good (lol). The ACV from Trader Joe's doesn't actually smell that bad. The smell isn't pleasant but it's completely tolerable as the smell is relatively faint. I always put in a couple drops of ACV and add a few drops of water to the mixture if the mixture is still too dry.
I purchased this after I ran out of my Borghese Fango Mud but decided that I didn't want to spend $60.00 if there are cheaper alternatives out there. After the first use, I noticed that many of the white/blackheads on my face were gone. Washing the mask off is a pain so I usually do it right before I hop into the shower. After washing it off, I put on a layer of toner and then a light layer of moisturizer. Will definitely repurchase after I run out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ugh.. this stuff is so disgusting. not to mention a pain. measuring, mixing, applying, but i rather do that then wash it off.. its like washing dirt off your face. last time i used i thought i would vomit.. I went back to Mary Kay formula #3 . same benefits only in a tube and smooth. off to swap this stuff went, im glad it found a home.

also wanted to mention.. did not see any benefits from it either. not in skin clearing or anything else. first time i noticed blackheads on nose lessened but not after the remaining times.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by sakuraface

this mask dries like stone on your face!!! hahaha- and it DEFINITELY pulsates like the campany says. i just use it with water because the smell of it mixed with apple cider vinegar on my face is way too strong! With water its a lot better though. As for how well it works, my face definitely feels clean once I wash it all off, despite looking like a tomato- which lasts about 30 minutes just like it says on the container. Overall, the company is true to their words- it does everything it says it will on the back and it lasts FOREVER! The clay has many other uses but i just use it as a mask ive had it for months now but you can hardly tell!! I would definitely agree that this is te worlds most powerful facial mask hahaha