October 25, 2014 | 1302 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by karony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

My skin-dry and sensitive
Love this product. This water is great for days when you're too tired to follow your (3 or more steps) cleansing routine, but you don't want to go to bed with make up on. It cleanse not only make up but also the daily pollution. And works well for casual refreshing as well.
I love using it as make up remover - I prefere it to l'ancome bi-facil as it removes make up faster and more efficiently. (Not working for waterproof make-up though)
Nevertheless, this is not the deep cleanser. But if you use it alongside other products or on it's own in the case of emergency it is great.
The 250ml bottle last for approx.. 3 months while daily used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Wow, I'm shocked at how well this makeup remover/ cleanser works, considering it's not dual-phase or oil based. I don't know how it does it - it feels like water, but gets all my makeup off. It's also very gentle on my eyes, not even a tinge of irritation. Because it's not oil-based, it also rinses clean very easily. I've been very impressed with Bioderma lately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My Skin – normal, occasional acne, drier in the winter
* Product – Bioderma Sensibio (Créaline) H20 Solution
* Review – This is a superb micellar solution from Bioderma, a French derma-cosmetic company. Micellar solutions are gentle liquid cleansers that do not need to be rinsed off with water. This crystal clear cleanser and makeup remover is especially geared towards sensitive skin. This is also a cult beauty fave and an absolute “must have” amongst makeup artists, Francophiles, and international beauty junkies. Before I discovered this all-in-one no rinse micellar solution, I always had to go through 3 laborious steps at the end of the day to remove my makeup and cleanse my face: (a) use a facial makeup remover, (b) use a separate eye makeup remover and finally, (c) cleanse my face the traditional way with facial wash + water. Well, with this micellar solution my tiring 3-step makeup removing and cleansing days are over! First of all, this micellar solution has a consistency of water but feels softer. This is especially so because where I live, the tap water is especially hard, making skincare and haircare notoriously difficult. Secondly, it's also really easy to use - no washing off required and it leaves my skin feeling supple and hydrated. Not only does it effectively remove ALL my makeup (including the blackest waterproof mascara and smudge-proof gel eyeliner), it does so gently and rinses clean – no redness and no oily streaks. Thirdly, this product really appeals to my sensibilities because I wear contact lenses and virtually every eye makeup remover I’ve ever used have always managed to irritate my eyes and cause great discomfort. This wonderful micellar solution does not irritate my eyes whatsoever; I can wear my contact lenses AND remove my eye makeup at the same time comfortably and without irritation. This is a clear winner for me.
* Tips For Removing Makeup Effecrively - In order to safely and gently remove makeup --- including waterproof eye makeup --- it's best to be gentle and take a little extra time and TLC (tender loving care). I learned that taking time and being gentle makes all the difference in the world. There's absolutely no need to rub or tug or pull the skin. Here's what always works for me:
(1) I soak a nice-sized cotton disk with this Bioderma Créaline,
(2) Then I close my eyes and gently press the soaked cotton disk onto my eye area,
(3) I gently press down and hold it there for at least a minute (or as long as possible) so as to ensure that the product is dispersed properly and is soaking up all the makeup,
(4) When I'm ready, I then gently remove the cotton disk, gently pressing at the same time to really get the makeup off all-in-one-go,
(5) And then if I have any residual leftover eyeliner or mascara (which usually much with this technique), I simply dip a Q-Tip in the Bioderma Créaline and gently swipe off what's left.
* Price - €17 for a 500 ml bottle at the pharmacie / apotheek (different sizes available - including a really cute baby bottle for travel!). Always try to stock up on special multi-pack deals like 2-for-1 bottles as those are always a good deal and often on promotion. Look for the Bioderma bottle with the pink cap.
* Verdict – I will happily repurchase forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best cleansers are negatively defined. Sure, they provide a thorough cleanse, but are so minimally invasive they don't harm your skin. What makes Bioderma so coveted is precisely what it is not: it's not harsh and stripping, it leaves behind no oily or tacky residue, it doesn't require a sink, it's not heavily fragranced, it's non-irritating even on sensitive skin, it doesn't require a lot of time. Though it looks and feels like water, it dissolves most (though not all) eye makeup, including waterproof mascara, gel liner, and eyelash glue, just let it soak for a few seconds. In France, where water quality can be very iffy, women sometimes use a micellar water instead of a regular cleanser. In a pinch it'll clean brushes and makeup stains. After a long day of work, it just gets the makeup off before I go through my intricate skincare routine. The huge 500-ml bottle lasts a good long time.

Now available in the US, albeit at a significant markup.

I tried to find a more accessible alternative: La Roche-Posay, Absolution, Avene, Caudalie, Vichy. Everything I tried could not measure up to the cult classic. Some didn't cleanse so well, others burned, and every single one of them adds unnecessary humectants that leave behind an unpleasant stickiness. My skin doesn't absorb glycerin well. So with Bioderma I will remain.

INGREDIENTS water, PEG-6 caprylic/capric triglycerides, cucumber extract, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnose, fructooligosaccharides, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, cetrimonium bromide

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! I have gone through two 500ml bottles and one 250ml bottle already. Extremely gentle and if/when it gets in your eyes, no big deal! I do have to go slowly over waterproof mascara/MAC greasepaint sticks to ensure Sensibio seeps in to loosen and remove the makeup. The only makeup remover I've ever used that both removes my makeup entirely, without irritation, AND doesn't require a wash afterwards. I buy large 3x4" cotton pads and use one for my whole face.

Heads up Canadians, Rexall/PharmaPlus carries the 500ml bottle, Shoppers DrugMart does not. 500ml for $30 or 250ml for $22?!

EDIT: I'm finding this quite drying and harsh on my skin, and waterproof mascara just never fully comes off - I wake up with gray shadows under my eyes. I suspect I have been breaking out because it doesn't get all the makeup off my skin. :( downgraded to 3 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I use it every night to remove my eye make up and it takes pretty much everything off. I must say that I don't wear waterproof mascara, so I don't know how well it works with that, but it effortlessly takes off my concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner (fluidline) and mascara. Sometimes I use it to take off my face make up too, and it works equally well on foundation and blush. It does not irritate my very sensitive skin at all, unless I wear very heavy foundation, as I tend to rub a bit too much then (not sure if it is the rubbing that's causing the irritation, or the product or a combination of both). I even use this product in the morning to cleanse my skin, as it's really easy and fast. I have already repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This makeup remover is the greatest thing. Removes everything and feels like water on your skin. I do not understand the complaints, I have not noticed any chemically smell and it has never broken me out. I love the simple but classy packaging; I love the white and pink labeling; I love the pink cap. I just wish it were cheaper, but it's so great, I'm willing to pay $22 dollars Canadian plus 13% tax for it. Shoppers recently had a sale and it was marked down to $16 and change so I bought a backup bottle. To make it last longer, I remove my eyemakeup with a separate remover. This stuff is magic! For me to buy a product again is unusual as I am always looking for the next best thing, so that says it all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ayabug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works like a dream, no stinging, no rubbing, no drying.
I LOVE this product. I wear waterproof mascara with a primer and eyeliner daily and I can get my whole face and my eyes clean with one saturated cotton square. My eyes never sting. I never have to rub vigorously and there is no residue. My face is left neither dry or oily. I feel as if I splashed some water on my face. I look forward to removing my make up each day. This product is apparently a cult favorite of makeup artists and models (expert makeup removers), and I can understand why. I never gave much thought to makeup removers as they're not as fun as colorful makeup, but this one has changed my mind. I have no qualms with the price. I found a 500ml (about 16 oz) bottle for about USD $24 through amazon. I believe my previous neutrogena one was about $7 for 5 oz. While it's a little more expensive, this product is FAR BETTER and I can use it all over my face, not just my eyes. If I'm lazy, I don't even have to wash my face afterwards. This is a HG product for me. I never thought I would feel so enthusiastic about a workhorse product, but I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a refreshing, gentle makeup remover that I use almost every day. It removes most eye makeup-- though perhaps not the most stubborn stuff. I don't wear much hard-to-remove eye makeup on an everyday basis, and it works quite well. I put a few drops on a cotton pad, lay it on one eye for about 3-5 seconds, then swipe. I add another drop or two on the other side of the pad, and then use it on the other eye. This usually takes care of everything but the most waterproof mascaras.

I am a contact lens wearer, so I appreciate how completely non-greasy this product is. I don't use it all over my face; it is not cheap, and I prefer to use either a wipe or cleanser + water for that purpose anyway. But for removing eye makeup, this is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by nicodavi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first heard of this remover in the GOOP newsletter. I saw it at Shopper's Drug Mart one day on sale and decided to give it a try. I'm on my second bottle now and I can honestly say it is a fabulous makeup remover - non greasy, effective, refreshing and on and on.