Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

on 6/23/2012 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Finally! found my own holy grail. This make-up remover is gentle, doesn't sting, doesn't make my eyes water, is non-greasy (so doesn't leave a weird blurry film in my eyes), and is efficient and completely removes every trace of makeup. I do seem to use an extraordinary amount of product to complete the removal process, but that's my only complaint. I suppose to the company's benefit, because I end up replenishing my supply a fair bit.

It's just so great to have found this -- I've literally been searching for years for something that worked for me.

on 6/22/2012 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've already repurchased this product as I love it for makeup removal that is quick and gentle. I have a small bottle that I keep refilling from my larger one(s) for use at the gym - it's a great way to clean up and freshen up after my workouts, and it is also great for freshening up on long trips. I even put this in a small spray bottle, mixed half and half with sterile water, and use it to spritz my face when I'm doing cardio.

Here in Canada, the price isn't all that bad considering that places like Shoppers Drug Mart often have a "value sized" bottle on sale - twice the product for the same price as the original. I've got both this one and the one in the pink-topped bottle (I use that in winter and this one in warmer weather). Great and convenient product.

on 6/21/2012 8:28:00 PM

The hype around this product is so crazy that I had to try it and...I'm in love with it! I simply soak a cotton pad with it and in a few seconds it removes my make up completely. I always ended up with raccon eyes since removing mascara and eyeliner would take me a lot of time...ending up with puffy red eyes and still traces of my makeup while now I'm over it in a couple swipes! Plus it does remove MAC lipsticks which tend to stain my lips a little! Great product, definitely repurchasing!

on 6/15/2012 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Even though my skin is sensitive and this is supposed to be amazing for people with my skin, I donít understand the hype.
Itís a good solution for removing make up and cleansing the skin, but it is not the only one out there. There are other products offering more I think. I have it on my shelf for heavy makeup removal, or to pre-cleanse before my normal skin care routine. I donít feel very clean when I use it alone, so I rather use a Clinique facial soap afterwards and proceed with the other 2 steps from the Clinique 3-steps. I lately use it for travelling only.
Try it out, but donít expect too much like I did!

Edit: I have to say that i got used to it and currently I use it everyday to remove my face/eye makeup before i use the Clinique 3-steps. It is the best makeup remover I ever tried for my sensitive skin and eyes.
Rating changed from 3 to 5 lippies

on 6/15/2012 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product so much. I have very sensitive skin (Eczema) and I need a gentle makeup remover that doesnt irritate and dry out my skin. Bioderma Sensibio H2O is very gentle yet it has great cleasing power, and my skin feels moisturized and soft after removing my makeup. It removes face makeup thoroughly, but not waterproof mascara.

It costs Ä 200 for 500ML in Hong Kong, not really expensive but the amount used everytime is HUGE. Another downside of it is it requires me to use cotton pads to cleanse my face, and I use up more than 20 pads every day. And it doesn't smell nice, like some kind of smell in hospital/ laboratory.

I recommend it to everyone who suffers from Eczema like I do!

Texture: 5/5
Function: 5/5
Application: 3/5
Packaging: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4.4

on 6/14/2012 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I will never use another makeup remover...EVER. I can't not express my happiness over this product and I just love it to pieces. I was actually so impressed with this product on the first try that I went back the next day and got a back-up (which rarely happens with me).

I was a bit skeptical when I first saw it and I heard some decent reviews about the product. On the first glance, I thought it was some gimmick product since it just looks like water in a bottle marketed as a no-wash cleanser and make-up remover. This definitely removes everything even my waterproof eyeliner (even though the sales lady said it doesn't remove waterproof makeup). I love how it feels on my skin and doesn't irritate it. It leaves me feeling refreshed and clean-faced.

The only thing that bothers me about this product is how fast it's being used up. I don't know if it's just me not using it sparingly but I'm already a third way down and I don't even use that much product on my face (compared to some) other than foundation, concealer, and eyeliner. Also, it's just my preference but I still use a cleanser after this product even though you can just leave as it is.

on 6/13/2012 11:53:00 AM

One word: PERFECT. This product is one I will never remove from my shelf again. I've only had that with 1 other product until now (Kanebo Sensai Fluid Finish). It rinses of eye make up so easily, it feels and smells like water and it doesn't sting a single bit. Even if you accidentaly splash it into your eye or something. I always hated 'wet' oil/watery make up removers because somehow it left some sort of blurry layer over my eye but this doesn't do that. It makes my eyes perfectly clean. So amazing.

on 6/13/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have the one in the pink and white bottle which is geared towards drier skintypes. The one in the other bottle is geared for oilier types.

This is great stuff. I got a huge 500ml bottle for just over £10 and it is well worth the price. This stuff works better than any cleansing oil I've tried and is less messier/time consuming too. I have very sensitive skin and most cleansers tend to irritate me or leave my skin dry. This Bioderma cleanser is so gentle on my skin yet removes all my foundation/sunscreen/primer/blush/bronzer/powder/mascara/liner/eyeshadow within seconds! I just pour some on a cotton pad and wipe all over my face until all the surface makeup is gone, which takes about 15 seconds. I then use a tiny bit of my regular cleanser to get rid of any residue. I like that there are minimal ingredients in this cleanser, and that there is no fragrance or parabens. The cucumber extracts are so soothing on my skin. Very happy with this and I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 6/13/2012 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is amazing. It is gentle and actually takes off my make up. It also works pretty well as a toner. The only thing is that it doesn't take off waterproof makeup, so I have to get a remover for that, but otherwise love it!

on 6/7/2012 5:32:00 PM

Living in a third world country, I'm used to the unavailability of a lot of brands that are popular in the US and the UK. I've heard about Bioderma quite a bit, but I also read that it was expensive and difficult to find. So imagine my surprise when I discovered I could buy it at Dis-Chem in South Africa and that it was really affordable too! For a brief moment, I wasn't too envious of American ladies with their Sephoras and buy-one-get-one drugstore deals.

At my Dis-Chem, they only stock the 250ml bottle, which suited me, as I didn't know whether I would like it enough to want a big bottle anyway. Now that I've used it, I'm sorry they don't sell buckets of the stuff.

First, a note about my makeup. I wear Max Factor's False Lash Effect waterproof mascara. Nothing will remove this stuff. Other reviews on MUA concur, it's nearly impossible to remove. I've actually ordered a bottle of Sephora brand makeup remover that one lady said worked for her. So I never expected Bioderma to remove my mascara. I currently use 2-3 different oil-based makeup removers plus a facial cleanser to try and get all my mascara off at night. But on the positive side, my mascara never ever smudges.

Apart from my mascara, Bioderma Sensibio H2O removes every trace of my makeup. I wet a cotton pad, press it against my eye, pat it a couple of times, wipe it sideways and my makeup is gone. It also removes all of my Esteť Lauder DoubleWear foundation, which sticks to my skin like concrete.

Bioderma removes even the most stubborn eye makeup (MAC paint pots with eyeshadow over it) with ease. It doesn't cause any redness or irritation on my skin. It doesn't burn my eyes at all. I even use it in the morning when I wake up to freshen up my skin.

It feels just like water and doesn't leave behind any kind of residue. It doesn't dry out my skin, but leaves it feeling soft and clean. I've used it to clean the back of my hand several times during extensive product swatching and it never reddened, dried out or irritated my skin.

The only negative aspect I've found thus far is that it leaves a bitter taste on my lips after I've removed my lipstick.

This is an excellent product, my favourite makeup remover thus far and I will not only repurchase it, I will purchase backups.

Four lippies, because I'm reserving 5 for the makeup remover than will do what Bioderma does and remove my mascara too.