MAC Dollymix

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Dollymix is a beautiful, bright pink colour with tiny bits of shimmer in it in the pot. After lusting after this blush for so long, I finally hauled my butt over to my MAC counter and bought it. I was afraid that it might be a bit too dark on my pale complexion.

On the contrary, in fact! It turned out to be sheer.. but not as sheer as one would imagine. It gave the perfect amount of colour. I like to reach for this when I need my face brightened a bit. I can't see any shimmer on my face when I apply this, though, which is why I took off one lipstick.

But this is a gorgeous colour none-the-less, and I'd definitely repurchase it if I ever used it up. :)

on 7/1/2004 9:34:00 AM

I was so disappointed when my HG pink blush was discontinued (MAC Pink Glow) so I was searching for another bright pink blush to get in case I actually used up my Pink Glow. Dollymix is perfect! It's bright pink with shimmer in the pot, but applies as a sheer pink flush on the cheeks. I can't really see much shimmer though, which could really matter to me less anyway. It blends really easily and the color is really buildable.

on 6/8/2004 1:52:00 AM

I didn't think I would be able to wear this color as it just looked way too bright for my olive complexion. But I underestimated the Sheertones. Dollymix, which is bright Barbie Corvette pink in the pan, goes on v. sheer. Sheer enough to see my skin underneath. Still, as sheer as it is, it's still bright pink blush so you might need to wear more muted colors on your lips and eyes. Looked v. nice in the winter, for the rosy-cheeked look. The shimmer is more subtle than the Frost blushes; you can only notice it in direct sunlight. I doubt I will ever use this up since I don't do bright pink cheeks that often but if I ever do I would buy again.

on 5/30/2004 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Like all of the sheertone Mac blushes I have tried I don't find Mac Dollymix to be pigmented enough. I have very fair skin and this bright pretty color appears like it would show up immediately upon application but it doesn't. I have to apply and apply before it shows and I find that very frustrating. I have bought way more sheertone blushes from Mac than I should have and will not continue to make that mistake. Mac's regular blushes are okay - not spectacular so I will, in the future, stick with Nars, Cargo and Stila who make better blush products in my opinion. It's a shame too because Mac has such a lovely selection of colors.

on 5/22/2004 1:50:00 PM

This is one of my new all time faves!!! It's a transulant girly pink with shimmer, but not so much that it looks wierd during daytime hours!! I feel like i can wear this when I am pale or when I have a tan and it looks great either way!! Run to the counter and get one of these!!!!!

on 5/3/2004 12:13:00 PM

I don't like this colour at all. It looks so nice in the pot but goes on incredibly sheer. And it's just not a nice colour on my cheeks once I've applied enough of it. I don't think it's vibrant enough. No matter how much I apply it just makes me look faded and wan. Even the shimmer is non existent. Too bad because it really looked promising. And I am a pale girl (MAC N3, BB Warm Ivory, Stila 10 Watts) but I just don't think this agreed with my skin tone at all. I might have been spoiled by NARS blushes or something, but this one is just horrible on me.

on 4/28/2004 4:52:00 PM

Dollymix looks like a deep raspberry pink in the pot, but shows up on my cheeks as a sheer, medium pink with subtle shimmer. The shimmer in this looks even more natural than my other shimmer sheertones, which I love. A great blush for a adding a pop of color on my pale face. NC25.

on 4/26/2004 12:26:00 AM

Sheertone shimmer blush eh? where's the SHIMMER?????? i can not detect any such thing when applied onto my cheeks!!!.. I like the colour tho.. a very girly deep pink.. Very nice and really blendable.. However since i can not see any shimmer once on.. I can't say that i would be rebuying this product once i run out simply because.. i don't feel that it lives up to it's name AND i could very easily find a matte blush like this from a variety of different brands.

on 4/5/2004 6:39:00 PM

A pretty femenine pink with very subtle shimmer. Gives a gorgeous glow for my MMM skin. For those of you who sometimes worry about putting on too much of that pink blush, try this one on. Makes mistakes less likely! Fabulous lasting power and veryyy soft texture.

on 4/3/2004 1:50:00 PM

very pretty soft girly pink.. It is an awesome color, it also goes on really smooth. I would definitely purchase again!!

Popular Blush Products