April 20, 2014 | 1409 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Too beigey pale for me.

I have hard to match skin tone - light-medium with yellow-green undertones that make it appear kind of golden but its really not - so golden foundations are too dark on me. Paler ones lack the yellow undertones required. But really yellow doesnt work either. Sand works for untanned skin. Does not seem to turn orange or peachy. Prior foundation was shiseido 040 which kind of looked orange on me and was a tad too dark. Before I used Mac NC25 but was more beigy/peachy than yellow on me. I have oily skin - this is definitely drying but wearing moisturizer underneath will fix that. Coverage is sheer to medium. Texture and finished look are average, matte - which i dont like - I prefer a more luminous finish - im more amazed by the fact i found a near perfect color match for the first time ever. I would repurchase. Price is better than what I normally pay but I will still likely experiment with mixing shiseido dual balancing foundation in 040 with estee lauder lucidity in neutral ivory because that gave an amazing overall long lasting luminous natural finish even if the color was not quite as exact as Almay sand. But almay will definitely be repurchased since its significantly cheaper than paying for two bottles of different product and mixing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Deesign

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this when I'm having problems and it does a good job of clearing them up. It's sheer and the color is perfect, and is also good as a healing concealer when applied in layers.

The packaging is horrible though (subtracted one lippie) I shake the bottle and dip a Q-tip in to take out the product. The makeup gets all over the inside of the cap and around the bottle neck. I sent an e-mail to Almay suggesting that a plastic tube would be a cleaner, more effective solution.

*Update - Almay (actually Revlon) Sr Customer Service Rep responded by letter thanking me for my comments and included a $3.50 coupon off any of their products. That showed me this company is customer focused and interested in what the customers have to say.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by TheOpenRoad

Let me preface this with saying that I started using MMU and I'm not going back.

Whew. OK, so when I wore liquid foundation, I used this and Revlon Colorstay. Colorstay was a thicker application, while this remained at a medium coverage. I found this liquid would get oily on my oily skin after a few hours. Not bad. Didn't heal too many blemishes, but didn't break me out either.

A medium level foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by biomusicology

i thought this product was going to be good for my acne prone skin. good to say it hasn't broken me out any, but the lightest shade is just too orangey/pink for me! it looks like a good color in the jar, but when applied to my skin for a little while, it starts to turn a gross pinkish color that really doesn't blend in with my skin at all. i wish i could use it because ive been trying to find a good makeup for my acne prone skin, but i just can't deal with a makeup that doesn't even match my skin tone!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by rochas2

Very nice foundation. Probably the only foundation I have tried that has not broken me out whatsoever. It has even probably helped my acne (though it is hard to tell if it is just healing on its own or not). Great coverage and not too bad on the skin-tone matching too!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by foreverr27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i hope we are talking about the one in the bottle, not the one with the wand and tube... i love this stuff! i put it all over my skin and then cover it with almay touch pad liquid make up, and my skin stays and looks absolutely flawless. my skin is very oily, and i realized that this is for combonation skin. i have tried using the oily complexion line and i realized that it really dries out my skin but all of the drying out irritates it, and makes it produce MORE oils!!!! just because you have oily skin, doesn't mean it needs to be man-handled.

*UPDATE* okay well i dont like this as much as i did! it didnt really do anything for me..it wasent that bad but idk just didnt do anything

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Sychoatic

I've been using this product for the past year probably now. I love it. I use it with the concealer wand and pressed powder and it's great for my skin. Some people complain it makes their pimples flakey...yeah I don't mind that so much cause it's made the pimple go away over the course of the day so tmrw the make up is going to look twice as good. Only pet peeve is the packaging really. I'd perfer it to have a pump, I love that it's a glass bottle but it really need a pump (it leaks horribly under the cap)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

Out of all the foundations i've ever used, this one never gave me any problems. It helped with discolorations and breakouts that were there before applying were less noticeable at the end of the day. GREAT coverage. The only prob is that there wasn't a big selection for colors. I got the darkest shade which is still quite light. Other than that it's the best in my opinion. Very clean feeling formula and the only foundation ive ever used in y life that actually controls oil. Fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jgurriere

Today is my first day wearing this foundation. I think I FINALLY found a foundation that looks good (I need alot of coverage, but I don't want to look cakey). The Almay concealer I used is making my 2 pimples flak with makeup, so I won't use the concealer again. I used my regular Covergirl face powder, so I am stil lstuck with an orangy look. I just ned to find the perfect powder now.. When I used the Almay powder, even in light, it made the foundation really dark. So, I will continue my search for the pefect face powder that WON't turn me orange. I think the foundation was fine though!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by mg1363

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation...2nd only to the discontinued Almay Amazing Lasting. It provides very nice coverage (and I need it let me tell you...my acne isn't horrible or anything but the redness from it never went away so my skin is red and splotchy everywhere) and doesn't make me breakout. I apply it with a makeup sponge and the colors are really great though limited. For times that I want to look completely flawless I cover my skin with a light application of this then use bare minerals foundation as a powder. It doesn't get cakey though u think it would. I think using this as a base gives the mineral makeup something to hold on to. Get Some!