Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not matte enough for my taste, coverage is sheer, color selection is okay.

on 5/26/2008 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like this makeup because it is very natural looking and light. The colour 'Sand' is a good match for my NC 25ish skintone. I don't find it orangy nor pinkish. It's a good yellow-based makeup. Application is easy and smooth (i use a foundation brush). It evens out my skintone beautifully making it look like myself but much much better! It is a natural and lightweight makeup, so it does not provide full coverage, therefore, the pimples are still visible but the redness is disappeared. It does cover acne scars though which is good. What I don't like about this foundation is the bottle. I find it very unhygienic as its an open mouth bottle..a pump dispenser would be nice. Overall a superior quality drugstore foundation! Did you also know that Almay does NOT test on animals and it's non-comedogenic? EDIT: I prefer Chanel foundations.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I had run out of Lancome Teint Idole, and needed something in the meantime. I also thought I could downgrade my makeup, since Teint Idole is 3x the price of CCBHM. Well, I bought this in the second lightest shade, and it was the right color for my skintone, but there are a few things I don't like about this makeup:
1. The coverage wasn't good at all. And when I tried adding more coverage, the makeup would just sit on my skin, and it wouldn't blend.
2. For some reason, this makeup just didn't make my face look better. I looked kind of pasty and severe whenever I had it on, even though my skin tone is light.
3. The bottle is poorly designed. The square cap never seemed to twist back onto the bottle right. It always looked crooked. It's just a bad bottle design overall.

I didn't like the feel of this makeup either! It always felt heavy. I have sensitive skin, and it burned on a few occasions when I put it on. I don't think it really did much for my skin either. For $10 a bottle, it's just not worth it.

on 5/11/2008 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I used this foundation for quite sometime because I couldn't find anything else that I really liked.

Pros: controls oil ok, not great though, doesn't make me break out any worse than I normally do, colors are pretty good, stays on good.
Cons: accentuated my pores, doesn't look very natural, doesn't have enough coverage for my acne mark covered skin

If you have normal skin then this make-up would probably work just fine. I'm hooked on Origins reflection perfection, it's much much better!!!!!

on 4/27/2008 11:07:00 PM

This product used to be my HG. I don't really know what I was thinking, because I don't think it really helped my blemishes or stood up to oil. The color match was good though, and I like Almay overall. If you have dry skin, give this a shot!

on 4/22/2008 2:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I come bearing bittersweet feelings toward this foundation. My skin is nearly-blinding porcelain with yellow & olive undertones, and I have been wearing the lightest shade (Ivory) for almost 5 years. It has come to my attention that since Almay remodeled their product line, this shade has acquired a slight orange tint that with heavy blending..eventually disappears. The coverage can be built from sheer to moderate and when finished with powder, conceals most problem areas. However, my loyalty to this foundation is due to the fact that everytime I attempt to switch to another "healing" makeup my breakout prone skin suffers the consequences. The rectangular bottle could use some improvement, and requires a steady hand when opening to prevent spillage. This foundation's major flaw beyond the shade selection and packaging, is the oil control factor. About an hour or so after application there is noticible shine on my t-zone. Yet..I shall begrudgingly repurchase...

on 4/17/2008 1:07:00 PM

I have been a mineral makeup user for years, but recently started the quest for a liquid makeup, since the mmu was starting to accentuate my *ahem* aging skin. But I have a terrible problem with silicones and I have combo, breakout prone skin, so this has been a challenge. I stumbled across this in the drugstore and thought what the heck, for $13 let's give it a whirl. Unfortunately there was no way to test colors, so I bought what looked right and got lucky. This stuff is really amazing! It covers nicely, goes on smooth, lasts all day and doesn't break me out! I may need a bit of a darker color as the summer moves along, but so far I'm a very happy camper.

This is my second-favorite drugstore foundation. It doesn't make my skin break out, and I can be lazy and go to bed wearing it without worrying about waking up to blemishes- I know that isn't the ideal thing to do, but oh well! It happens, and it is nice to have one less thing to worry about.

This goes on nice and smooth, and while it IS a lighter foundation, it ISN'T really sheer. I still use it when I want heavier coverage than I get using my regular daily foundation (Neutrogena - Skin CLearing Liquid Foundation).

Overall, it has a nice, light feel, and it makes my skin look very fresh and healthy.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation actually do anything for me. It didn't enough coverage for me and it didn't do anything to help me with my blemished even though it contains sylic acid. I like the colour but really nothing else. I thought it was helping me out with my skin problems but it didn't nothing. I guess I would use again if I had to but not really.

This product is easy to blend in, and it doesn't irritate my skin...I also managed to find the PERFECT shade, I wear neutral for my latino/caucasian skin. It looks great !!

I do have a really oily t-zone though, sooooooo I have to touch up a lot, because it seems to not last very long at all.. :( and it makes my pores quite noticeable within a couple of hours.