September 30, 2014 | 1590 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ellen624

I love this foundation. The first day I had it on a co-worker asked me what I was wearing because my skin looked so nice--flawless. It goes on quite nicely and blended in well. Leaves a matte finish which I like. I only wish it had an SPF in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by itsmekylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smooth, light, matte finish that lasted quite a while. I think I really would have liked this alot, but it's too sheer for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 1:11:00 AM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went on a cruise and ended up a shade darker, so I went to the drugstore to get my temporarily darker skin a better match for foundation. I had been having a breakout here and there, so I decided to give this Almay foundation a try.

Amazingly, I managed to get the right shade! Woo hoo! I am pleased with the finish and look of the foundation. It goes on smooth and matte, and while I was worried it would be too drying, I haven't had any problems with that. I have been using it for a week, and I haven't had any major breakouts, despite being "hormonal" (yeah, that's a euphemism). Overall, I am quite pleased with this foundation as an everyday foundation. The coverage is medium, the finish is matte, and it wears quite well for me through the day. I plan to at least finish this up, and I may even rebuy!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by booboo27

i kinda love this foundation... it was really easy to find my right shade. I have tan skin with yellow undertone and it has been sooooo hard looking for my right shade, especially from a drugstore. For the first time, ever, i have found my right shade with this foundation. I have been using this for say about.... 6 months now and i really like it... the foundation though doesnt work at all for my blemishes but what it does is keep is somewhat prevent the acne. I still get acne here and there though but not that bad. This foundation has some pinkish undertone to it and you do have to let it sit for about 15 mins or so to really see the color blend in with your natural skintone. I dont like that cuz i dont have time to let it "sit". Overall, i like this makeup, and is unbeatable for the price. Right now, I am eyeing on Sally hansen by Carmindy foundation but I'm not sure yet if its good. I'm pretty content with this foundation. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by omfgitslisa

My HG thus far! This is a great foundation and it completely matches my skin color. I have a yellow undertone and fair complexion and I have this foundation in "Sand." It blends in with my skin naturally, not leaving me looking like I have any makeup on. I also use the Neutrogena foundation and they're both great!! It's also very light so it will definitely prevent breakouts (and also considering it has salicylic acid formula).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sigrid_xo

doesnt break me out, blends good(not on my flakey cheeks though),medium coverage.
edit: made me breakout ...im alergic to salicylic acid (n)
and makes my skin look leathery and rough

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jodee4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice foundation, actually clears your skin. It has light coverage, so it might not be good for people with a lot of acne. For me its perfect, the most I get is a few blemishes. For staying power it is so-so, but is good enough for me. Also the packaging SUCKS - a lot of wastage. I find it is good to pour out bit by bit on a sponge as you don't need a lot. Overall good buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Too beigey pale for me.

I have hard to match skin tone - light-medium with yellow-green undertones that make it appear kind of golden but its really not - so golden foundations are too dark on me. Paler ones lack the yellow undertones required. But really yellow doesnt work either. Sand works for untanned skin. Does not seem to turn orange or peachy. Prior foundation was shiseido 040 which kind of looked orange on me and was a tad too dark. Before I used Mac NC25 but was more beigy/peachy than yellow on me. I have oily skin - this is definitely drying but wearing moisturizer underneath will fix that. Coverage is sheer to medium. Texture and finished look are average, matte - which i dont like - I prefer a more luminous finish - im more amazed by the fact i found a near perfect color match for the first time ever. I would repurchase. Price is better than what I normally pay but I will still likely experiment with mixing shiseido dual balancing foundation in 040 with estee lauder lucidity in neutral ivory because that gave an amazing overall long lasting luminous natural finish even if the color was not quite as exact as Almay sand. But almay will definitely be repurchased since its significantly cheaper than paying for two bottles of different product and mixing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Deesign

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this when I'm having problems and it does a good job of clearing them up. It's sheer and the color is perfect, and is also good as a healing concealer when applied in layers.

The packaging is horrible though (subtracted one lippie) I shake the bottle and dip a Q-tip in to take out the product. The makeup gets all over the inside of the cap and around the bottle neck. I sent an e-mail to Almay suggesting that a plastic tube would be a cleaner, more effective solution.

*Update - Almay (actually Revlon) Sr Customer Service Rep responded by letter thanking me for my comments and included a $3.50 coupon off any of their products. That showed me this company is customer focused and interested in what the customers have to say.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by TheOpenRoad

Let me preface this with saying that I started using MMU and I'm not going back.

Whew. OK, so when I wore liquid foundation, I used this and Revlon Colorstay. Colorstay was a thicker application, while this remained at a medium coverage. I found this liquid would get oily on my oily skin after a few hours. Not bad. Didn't heal too many blemishes, but didn't break me out either.

A medium level foundation.