December 22, 2014 | 1689 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2004 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Celes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do just about all of my shopping in military facilities, so things like hair products and makeup are limited to a certain selection. This is the first "anti-residue" shampoo to appear on the shelves, so it piqued my interest. Thumbs up, definitely. It left my hair feeling so wonderfully clean, clean, clean. However, I only give it a four because of the smell. I can stand the smell but it reminds me of... a public bathroom! =(

A CLEAN public bathroom... but one none the less. Otherwise, though, it works very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2004 1:18:00 AM More reviews by estuht

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great for build up! Only needs to be used once a week. If your hair is getting flat try this and it will have body again. Your other products will work again. I didn't have a problem with the smell at all...I think it smells good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2004 4:07:00 PM More reviews by melami21

this makes my hair smell like that of an old man (not the smell that i'm going for), but it does work incredibly well at making my hair luscious, shiny, and oh so touchable. geez, i sound like a shampoo commercial

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2004 6:21:00 PM More reviews by v333

Great clarifying shampoo. Use this shampoo once per week. Really makes my hair feel clean, however the smell is WAY too strong! I cant bear it, i always have to spray something in my hair. They should definitely change the fragrance. Would have given it a 5 but for the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 6:38:00 AM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is one of the best, easily cleans product residue and mineral buildup from hair. It leaves my hair so shiny.
But I really dislike the heavy fragrance. The fragrance itself isn't unbearable, it's just too heavy (think: heavy like lead weights). No matter how well I rinse, or if I follow with a great-smelling heavy conditioner, I clearly smell Neutrogena shampoo on my hair for at least the next 24 hours. Seems like they used to make an unscented version of this that was better. Oh well, I know I will buy again because it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2004 3:30:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a 1x/wk treatment shampoo I use to remove all the residue and build-up. On normal days, I just use Redken All Soft. Excellent results and just a small amount is needed per use. If you're using this as a regular shampoo, your hair will go dry coz it's way too strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lolo

This shampoo does the job - it cleans every gunk and residue in my hair. My only complaint is the smell. On my hair, it smells a bit like urine, especially if I don't follow up with conditioner. This smell ringers one solid day so that I do need to pick a day with no outside activity to wash my hair with this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2004 4:12:00 AM More reviews by etheriel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am so in love with this shampoo...I now use it whenever school gets too busy and I don't wash my hair as frequently. It removes all the gunk and buildup and leaves me hair SOFT, shiny, and full of volume (but not puffy). The best thing is to use a silicon-based conditioner after that lightly coats your hair and defrizz it. I swear by Matrix sleek look conditioner (orange skinny bottle), these two combination leaves my hair in salon-shape.

My only complaint is the tube is rather small for its expense. I also have a hard time finding it here in Canada...so if you'd like to cp a tube of this to swap with me I'm more than welcome! :)

I also loveeee the smell this leave on my hair.....I can't explain it or what it is, can anyone else? continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2004 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Rashunda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo works great! It's sold here in Switzerland as "Basis-Haarwäsche" in German and "Shampooing Purifiant" in French. I don't use too many products in my hair, but the water here has a lot of calcification. The Neutrogena shampoo dissolves it and leaves my hair squeaky clean. I can only use it once a month though. If I use it too much it's drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by dolcevita927

Bought this based on reviews. Works very well to leave my hair squeaky clean. I have to use this once or twice weekly, since I get lots of buildup from my styling products. Very satisfied! Thanks gals!