November 25, 2014 | 1807 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 6:38:00 AM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is one of the best, easily cleans product residue and mineral buildup from hair. It leaves my hair so shiny.
But I really dislike the heavy fragrance. The fragrance itself isn't unbearable, it's just too heavy (think: heavy like lead weights). No matter how well I rinse, or if I follow with a great-smelling heavy conditioner, I clearly smell Neutrogena shampoo on my hair for at least the next 24 hours. Seems like they used to make an unscented version of this that was better. Oh well, I know I will buy again because it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2004 3:30:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a 1x/wk treatment shampoo I use to remove all the residue and build-up. On normal days, I just use Redken All Soft. Excellent results and just a small amount is needed per use. If you're using this as a regular shampoo, your hair will go dry coz it's way too strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lolo

This shampoo does the job - it cleans every gunk and residue in my hair. My only complaint is the smell. On my hair, it smells a bit like urine, especially if I don't follow up with conditioner. This smell ringers one solid day so that I do need to pick a day with no outside activity to wash my hair with this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2004 4:12:00 AM More reviews by etheriel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am so in love with this shampoo...I now use it whenever school gets too busy and I don't wash my hair as frequently. It removes all the gunk and buildup and leaves me hair SOFT, shiny, and full of volume (but not puffy). The best thing is to use a silicon-based conditioner after that lightly coats your hair and defrizz it. I swear by Matrix sleek look conditioner (orange skinny bottle), these two combination leaves my hair in salon-shape.

My only complaint is the tube is rather small for its expense. I also have a hard time finding it here in Canada...so if you'd like to cp a tube of this to swap with me I'm more than welcome! :)

I also loveeee the smell this leave on my hair.....I can't explain it or what it is, can anyone else? continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2004 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Rashunda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo works great! It's sold here in Switzerland as "Basis-Haarwäsche" in German and "Shampooing Purifiant" in French. I don't use too many products in my hair, but the water here has a lot of calcification. The Neutrogena shampoo dissolves it and leaves my hair squeaky clean. I can only use it once a month though. If I use it too much it's drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by dolcevita927

Bought this based on reviews. Works very well to leave my hair squeaky clean. I have to use this once or twice weekly, since I get lots of buildup from my styling products. Very satisfied! Thanks gals!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2004 12:03:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

I've been using this for as long as I can remember and it just keeps getting better and better. This shampoo is true to its promise of rinsing away 90% (I think) of residue and leaving the hair clean. Used only once a week or so, this really gets your hair clean and leaves it silky shiny and smooth. Especially if you like to use styling products, I would recommend substituting this in place of your fave shampoo once or twice a week to keep everything squeaky clean. Everytime we stay in a Hilton Hotel, they have travel sizes of this and the conditioner in the room. In my opinion, the conditioner is not great, but this shampoo gets my high marks for its superior rinsability and cleaning properties. Don't use too often and not everyday unless you have oily hair, could be a bit too drying. Overall a wonderful product that almost makes your hair feel reborn and renewed. A 10!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2003 11:06:00 AM More reviews by moose3smc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this product worked fairly well. I use it about once or twice a week, followed by a really rich condition; since it strips my hair so well. It smells good too, but it is a bit masculent. I thought it was a bit pricey for the amount you get, but I found that I don't use that much, so in the long run, it's a good deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2003 3:43:00 PM More reviews by krochon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

It sure cleans: there is nothing left on my hair! I have to use a lot of conditioner to make it look like something after washing with this shampoo. I bought it because I was hoping to find a nice unisex shampoo I could share with my bf, but he absolutely hates it. He says it dries his scalp, leaving it itchy and unconfortable.
Must keep looking, and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2003 12:06:00 PM More reviews by somanycurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only use this shampoo every few months, as it really strips my hair - which is good and bad. It REALLY cleans it, but requires me to use a super thick conditioner after. I will buy it again, when I finish this first bottle. At this rate that won't be for over a year.