LUSH BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

on 11/8/2004 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo really does get my hair clean. It also leaves it easy to brush through and shiny and soft. Normally, these things would have me hooked... But I can't stand the smell! People around me noticed it too and asked me if I'd been swiimming in a strongly chlorinated pool or colored my hair that day. Also, I experience a lot more static when I use Big, which drives me nuts. In other words, I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/7/2004 9:16:00 PM

This is a dynamite shampoo. It smells like Tide laundry detergent. It looks scary and lumpy in its black tub. It works wonders. About as good as a shampoo could hope to be.

on 11/5/2004 3:18:00 PM

Okay, yes, it smells slightly funky (it is salt after all). And yes, the texture is sorta strange. But man oh man, when I use this shampoo, my hair GLEAMS afterward. Its amazing. I'm on my 3rd carton, since nothing I've ever tried has been comparable.

on 11/3/2004 6:39:00 PM

BIG Shampoo is my favorite! I have very long, color-treated, straight, fine hair. BIG literally makes my hair gleem and gives it lots of healthy looking volume. The fragrance is gorgeous, fresh and exotic and I love how it lingers into the next day! The texture of the shampoo is unusual but fun once you get the hang of it. I usually scoop about a quarter sized dallop from the tub container and rub it between my palms and then apply it from roots to ends. The lather is rich and fragrant and it rinses cleanly away. I very highly recommend this shampoo. However, I would only use it no more than twice a week on my color-treated hair as it seems to strip away some of the color If used more often than that.

I like to follow BIG Shampoo with American Cream conditioner. American Cream smells devine!! Unforgettable sexy stuff. (Check out my pictures to see the results.)

on 10/27/2004 9:58:00 PM

I had to revise my review after using this for a short while my hair became very dried out. I now only use this occasionally (like every few months) I wouldn't recommend using it on a regular basis. I still love the smell.

on 10/27/2004 9:30:00 PM

So far so good. I just bought this product after seeing a review of it in my magazine promising volume and shine. I have to say that after one use i am very impressed. My fine hair is very full and shiny! As said before the packaging is cute but sometimes a pain to use in the shower. The smell is a little over powering for me but still nice. And it is not overly expensive since i know it is going to last me a long time. I won't be using it evreyday as it would dry out my colour treated hair. I'd give it a try if i was you! UPDATE: I am still loving this shampoo months later. It is definitely a once in awhile use shampoo. I use it on the weekends when i am going out to get lots of volume and shine. The smell has totally grown on me, and call me crazy but i like the texture!

on 10/13/2004 1:08:00 AM

This stuff kicks butt. It works very well on most types of hair. Result: soft hair FULL of body. Definately try this shampoo. It has sea salt in it so it has a gritty consistency. Smells divine. Dry haired gals; make sure to use conditioner after.

on 10/5/2004 11:40:00 AM

Oh my gosh, did this product ever save my hair!!! I had no idea my hair needed saving, I just thought it was naturally baby fine and maybe a bit too shiny at times. After using Big (with it's intimidating coarse sea salt) just once, I immediately noticed a difference. Not only does my hair now posess a covetable amount of bounce, but I don't need to use as much conditioner and styling requires much less time. It also corrected my problem scalp, which in the past tended to get dry and itchy. I am officially in love with BIG!

on 9/22/2004 9:53:00 AM

i bought this after reading the great reviews on the site but i was sadly disappointed! it did absolutely nothing in terms of volumizing or making my hair "big." in fact it seemed to have taken out the existing volume making my hair flatter after each usage. this product is not for everyone, but i can see how it can work for people with finer hair; my hair is long up to my lower back and normal, not too oily but dry on the ends. liked the smell though! and my hair did feel super clean after using :)

I love it. It is packaged in what looks like an ice cream tub. it is not the best solution to open and close easily in a shower/tub environment. But its sleek design would work for any decor. I opened it a wha! it looked like a facial scrub - very grainy in texture, but the smell swept me off my feet. Sea-salt washed wooden deck and a breeze. My little get-away. Definitely leaves my hair big, and would be very dry, but I use it daily with the LUSH RETREAD conditioner, and I am hooked. A+++++++!!!!!

Popular Shampoos