July 30, 2014 | 1478 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2004 3:04:00 PM More reviews by JohannaFi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This sure made my hair BIG, but also dry. Sometimes it is hard to get it to lather, but I just add some water and that seems to work. Overall, a good shampoo without any silicones that you usually find in any shampoo or conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2004 6:32:00 PM More reviews by sexytinkerbell03

I have baby fine hair, not one bit of volume in these locks of mine! Boy, did this shampoo turn that around. It's a little strange getting used to the chunks of salt but for these results it's worth it. My hair was left shiny, soft, and full of life through out the day. This is going to be a regular in my shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by flitcraft

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first opened the tub, I didn't know what to make of it--it looked like tapioca pudding. But it makes my hair so soft and full that I forgive its weird appearance. You have to get your hair sopping wet, then massage in just a fingerful of Big. Delicate, subtle scent and lots of lather. I use a lot of product on my hair, and Big cleans it all away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2004 9:53:00 PM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Retails for $15.95 for 11.6 oz, I had high hopes for Big after hearing all the raves, but alas! Beware of the sea weed stink of mild anchovies! Many would describe the smell of Big as flowery, citrusy and even like margarita, but to my discerning nose, margarita it is not. Apart from the funky smell, it is quite a strong shampoo with SLS as the main ingredients. I wouldn't use this daily but once a week, it'll wash off all of those buildup during the week, and for me, who rarely wears any hair styling product, that means big, fluffy, full-of-flyaways hair. And to my relief, it rinses clean and leave hints of vanilla smell, phew...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2004 12:13:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

Unbelievable!! Was a bit hesitant to use this shampoo initially - it had salt crystals in it and I was worried it'll give me boofy dry hair. Instead, it gave me really GORGEOUS smelling hair bouncing with body!

The shampoo has a really unique texture - filled with salt crystals that I massage gently on my scalp. A little goes a long way. I rinse out and my hair feels super clean but not dry. I use a good mositurizing conditioner on my ends after this and when my hair is dry, IT ACTUALLY HAS BODY! Couldn't believe it when I first saw it and kept obsessively looking in a mirror - but yes, my roots are lifted a little higher and my hair is bouncier.

The best bit? This smells INCREDIBLE. Fresh and an incredibly long-lasting scent. Simply brilliant.
Wish this came in a tube form as it's difficult scooping out shampoo in a shower, especially since you have to avoid getting water into the tub. But apart from that, this is awesome!

http://www.lush.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=9469 continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2004 12:42:00 AM More reviews by amandapaige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was actually my debut to lush shampoo's and the begining of my addiction. i am a stylist and makeup artist, so i can be a bit of a professional product snob when i comes to hair care. it smells delicious, the scent lingers all day, and the product does a great job at volumizing. i would agree that you need a lightweight conditioner after (i really like vegan). the packaging is brilliant, really, i absolutely hate trying to get the last bit of product out of a bottle. the scent alone is worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2004 11:54:00 PM More reviews by geegirls

I love the smell of this shampoo! But then again, I think that all of the products from LUSH are pretty addicting. This shampoo gives your hair a lot of volume and it might be too drying for some people. Definitely follow with a conditioner. The salt in the shampoo seems a little strange at first, but after using it for a week it seems strange to use regular shampoo that doesn't have the salt. I bought this shampoo in London for about $14 for the tub, which I think is a little expensive, but I do love it. Also, the tub that it comes it isn't the best for a shampoo but it's worth the trouble. I think I will start using it only once a week for a treat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2004 10:15:00 AM More reviews by mdfpaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent! This is the strangest texture for a shampoo that I have ever seen, but it really works! It really gives volume to my lifeless hair! You only need a very small amount of product and I am used to buying high end 'poos, so I think this is actually a pretty good deal. It has the smell of the ocean in summertime. Lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2004 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Amylynne

This product is hard to get used to, but the results are fabulous. I can use this shampoo on my colored hair, and fore-go styling products. My hair gets very full, and is very easy to style. The hair gets better with each application. The texture is strange--its full of sea salts--and is a little different from package to package. The smell is wonderful. I use this on colored hair and have not noticed any fading, although this is NOT advertised as color-safe. You NEED to follow this shampoo with a good conditioner. Shampoo comes in a little bucket-shaped container which is easy to scoop from, but difficult to travel with--You can't just throw it into a gym bag or suitcase b/c the lid may dislodge. Bottom line--GREAT SHAMPOO!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2004 4:02:00 AM More reviews by one_teaspoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is good stuff. It left my hair poofy (I really need the volume) but you MUST condition after using Big, no matter how tempted you are to keep your hair real poofy, because you *can* dry out your hair.
Just make sure you use a lightweight conditioner after Big.

If you don't use a conditioner, you get very, very tangly hair that's a PAIN to comb through!

Anyway this leaves the hair very clean and I love the feeling of clean hair. I usually wash my hair at night, dry it off with a hairdryer, and then go to sleep. When I wake up, my hair's all limp and regular again, but with Big it's still pretty poofy! Very happy! :) continued >>