December 21, 2014 | 1387 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2004 3:35:00 PM More reviews by alwaysontherun

I love it. It is packaged in what looks like an ice cream tub. it is not the best solution to open and close easily in a shower/tub environment. But its sleek design would work for any decor. I opened it a wha! it looked like a facial scrub - very grainy in texture, but the smell swept me off my feet. Sea-salt washed wooden deck and a breeze. My little get-away. Definitely leaves my hair big, and would be very dry, but I use it daily with the LUSH RETREAD conditioner, and I am hooked. A+++++++!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2004 6:07:00 AM More reviews by luckygirl322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another unique Lush product...a salt scrub for hair! Smells oceanish...salty and tangy, looks like rice pudding in the tub. Two latherings with this stuff is a great clarifying treatment. Leaves my hair soft and shiny...a staple in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2004 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ash236

This stuff rocks. I only use it once or twice a week, because it can be drying, but it works well removing product buildup, making my hair shiny and bouncy. Will definitely continue to buy!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2004 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Nessaxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It looks like I am the minority here because I was not fond of this shampoo at all. It left my thick, wavy hair in the dryest state. It actually felt like straw afterwards! Sorry LUSH but this is definetly not a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2004 4:27:00 PM More reviews by andromeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Leaves my hair squeaky clean, and gives a lot of bounciness. Great for removing greasiness and products built-up, but try not to use it too often, as the salt will strip moisture and color from your hair. The texture is a little weird because it has a lot of chunky salt bits in it and I hate using my fingers to scoop products out of the tub due to hygienic reason. Smells like fresh ocean air with a little citrus thrown in. I am deducting two lipsticks for the expensive price and clunky packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by daste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! It works great with my fine hair and oily scalp. The packaging isn't great and it's expensive for what you get, but I'm an addict. To make it last longer, I ration it, using every third day or so. It really makes my hair softer with more body. Plus, the little salt granules give my scalp a nice massage. Will repurchase. Edit: I haven't had any adverse reactions, but this has SLES in it, which I'm trying to avoid. So once my current tub runs out I'll see if I can live without this great product. Update: never came back to this. I liked it, but the SLES and high price tag drove me away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2004 3:04:00 PM More reviews by JohannaFi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This sure made my hair BIG, but also dry. Sometimes it is hard to get it to lather, but I just add some water and that seems to work. Overall, a good shampoo without any silicones that you usually find in any shampoo or conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2004 6:32:00 PM More reviews by sexytinkerbell03

I have baby fine hair, not one bit of volume in these locks of mine! Boy, did this shampoo turn that around. It's a little strange getting used to the chunks of salt but for these results it's worth it. My hair was left shiny, soft, and full of life through out the day. This is going to be a regular in my shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by flitcraft

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first opened the tub, I didn't know what to make of it--it looked like tapioca pudding. But it makes my hair so soft and full that I forgive its weird appearance. You have to get your hair sopping wet, then massage in just a fingerful of Big. Delicate, subtle scent and lots of lather. I use a lot of product on my hair, and Big cleans it all away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2004 9:53:00 PM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Retails for $15.95 for 11.6 oz, I had high hopes for Big after hearing all the raves, but alas! Beware of the sea weed stink of mild anchovies! Many would describe the smell of Big as flowery, citrusy and even like margarita, but to my discerning nose, margarita it is not. Apart from the funky smell, it is quite a strong shampoo with SLS as the main ingredients. I wouldn't use this daily but once a week, it'll wash off all of those buildup during the week, and for me, who rarely wears any hair styling product, that means big, fluffy, full-of-flyaways hair. And to my relief, it rinses clean and leave hints of vanilla smell, phew...