LUSH BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

I love this shampoo. It is so unique with the salt crystals in it and the smell is just so wonderful and fresh. It lathers up tremendous in my hair--I usually use a little less than two fingers-full for my shoulder length hair. As it can be a bit drying for my scalp, I use this every other day for shampooing and always pair it with a super conditioner like Lush's jungle.

I really wish I could use this all the time, but like many have said, it ruins my blond weave, literally stripping the color. It's also pricey for the amount you get, and the smell is only so so. However, it does give my fine hair lots of volume and shine and I love the way the it feels on my head and the how different it is. Unfortunately, I won't be buying it again.

This is a really interesting and original shampoo. It has huge hunks of salt suspended in a creamy base, which give a really invigorating scalp massage. The scent is light and fresh- I think it smells of clean laundry. My only complaint is that I have to use quite a bit of this to really get it worked through my hair, which is unfortunate because the shampoo is rather pricey.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay, well I'm editing this review since I can now buy the product in a store nearby and don't have to pay for S&H. I think this is a great shampoo, especially if you have oily hair or worry about buildup, because this stuff leaves my hair SQUEAKY clean (I have oily, fine, thinnish hair). A rich conditioner is a MUST for me after using this shampoo, in order to get the tangles out and make my hair soft again, but my hair feels fabulously clean and bouncy.

I think the tub is horrible for traveling, but it lasts a really long time, as I only need a teaspoon of the stuff to get a good lather. I just dig a couple fingerfuls out and start massaging it into my scalp. It smells like grass and limes to me- not my ideal fragrance, but refreshing at least.

I have mixed feelings about this product. Against all expectations it does clean well and give a lot of volume. However, the unique formulation makes it hard to use and it does seem somewhat drying. I don't dislike it so much I'd toss it or give it away, but I'm using it every 3rd or 4th shampoo until it's gone and won't repurchase.

I've been having problems with my scalp getting irritated and oily, so I was hoping this shampoo with its lemon, salt, etc. would help. As others said, the packaging is really annoying in the shower. It does leave my hair feeling squeaky clean though and it seems like I'm able to wait longer between washes without it getting too oily. My hair also feels thicker...will update with a more conclusive judgement in while. For now, it seems pretty expensive and cumbersome for just average results.

hhhmmm...I'm on the fence with this one. I was reluctant to buy a full tub straight away so I asked one of the LUSH SA's for a sample and was really eager to try it based on all the rave reviews.

I have to say firstly that this doesn't look or feel like a regular shampoo, it actually resembles Lush Ocean Salt. I scooped some out and wondered how on earth I was going to disperse those huge bits of rock salt through my long hair. I rubbed into my scalp like the SA said, making sure my hair was soaking wet first as apparently that helps alot. Be warned: this shampoo DOES NOT lather at all!

It did rinse out well and I must admit my hair does look shiny and sqeaky clean. HOWEVER I'm not sure I see enough of a difference to bother with this difficult to use expensive shampoo.

Hmm. Big is almost my favourite shampoo in the world. Why then, you ask, do I give it but four lippies? Well, it is very, very, weird to use - picture slapping rice pudding with hard bits in it all over your head. However, unlike actual rice pudding (presumably) it effects an immediate -and noticable - change in the condition of your hair. Instant bounce and shine at the expense of slathering something that feels like chunky frogspawn over your hair? Why, I'll take that...

This stuff is the most amazing shampoo ever. It seems very weird at first but once the salt dissolves (with lots of water), it gives a great lather, scent and clean feeling. It might make your hair feel dry and tangly but this goes away once my hair dries and after using either American Cream or Coolaulin conditioner. It does everything it says it's going to do on the packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome shampoo. I really didn't believe that Big would do all the things the packaging said, but so far it has. My hair is super shiny and feels thicker, if such a thing were possible on my already thick hair. Plus, I find that my hair is tamer and...bigger, volume-wise. Big is on the expensive side ($17.95 in store), but is worth the price. The consistency of the product is really different. Never did I think sea salt and seaweed gel would lather, but Big lathers like crazy and you only need the teeny tinest bit! It will take forever to get through this pot. The scent is interesting, but tolerable - it reminds me of grass. I like the packaging but wish it was a little better; I'm afraid of getting water in the tub and diluting the shampoo. Will definitely repurchase, if I don't get bored with it first. (No matter how good a product, I seem to get bored!)

Top Rated LUSH Products