April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 9:51:00 PM More reviews by eureka

BIG is great! It definitely gives loads of volume to my fine, limp hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2004 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Miss_M

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I ordered BIG because of all the raving reviews I read on the Lush forums, but personally BIG isnīt really my cup of tea. First of all, I live in a hard water area, and I really need a lot of shampoo to get a decent lather to clean my long thick hair and second it left my hair strawlike and very difficult to comb through when wet. The salt in BIG really strips every moisture from your hair.
Iīll finish the product up, but I donīt think I will buy this again, especially because itīs not very cheap either...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'll re-iterate all the praise the other reviewers have said of LUSH's Big shampoo. It's wonderful for fine hair, leaving it full of body and bounce. The scent is the same as LUSH's (equally fantastic) Retread conditioner, an earthy mix of violets and sweet grasses and it lingers just enough to make your hair smell pleasant. Also, for those concerned about the high price, a little *does* go a long, long way and thus a pot lasts forever. I use this 3-4x a week and haven't noticed any dryness or stripping of color... just beautiful, bountiful hair! BTW - Here's a tip for those with fine and damaged hair that breaks easily. Don't vigorously massage the shampoo directly into your hair, especially on the scalp area, as the salt can tug and rip at the hair abit. Work it in slowly from the crown till it builds a lather and the salt dissolves abit.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2004 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Daisy

I love this shampoo! It's incredible. I went into the LUSH store hoping to find a Featherweight Fruit shampoo bar, I had no luck as it's been discontinued, but the SA showed me something that was comparible for my baby fine, coloured hair. I tried this today for the first time and I can't believe the difference. It feels incredibly soft, shiny and bouncy! There is so much life in my hair today...it's incredible.
This shampoo smells incredible, too. It's sort of a fresh, clean grassy scent. I will definitely repurchase this. It is expensive, but I use just the tiniest amount and I get unbelieveable lather. It's well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2004 11:12:00 AM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one odd looking concotion, but boy does it work! It's great for a once a week deep cleaning for your hair. It looks like tapioca pudding and smells like the ocean and it leaves my hair so soft and shiny and bouncy. I love it. It's a bit expensive, but a little goes a very long way. I do have to use a lot of conditioner after this, but I don't mind for the results I get.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is so cool, I didn't believe the SA when she said I'd just need about a pea sized amount for my whole head. Smells divine, doesn't make your hair big but it's really shiny. Even my husband enjoys this. Be aware, it so totally cleans your hair it may be a bit flyaway so you'll need a smoothing serum or hair spray, and only use once/week or it's too drying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2004 7:29:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo is pretty weird. Right off the bat I'm going to say that I hate the packaging, but I guess that with the consistency of the shampoo, it would be hard to put it into a bottle. What I like about this, is that when I wash with it, it gives me great body at the roots of my hair, which is pretty much near impossible normally as I have so much of it. I find the texture is odd, when rinsed through it feels gritty and smells like Tide. I wouldn't use this everyday, since it's most likely a colour stripper, but once a week or every two weeks is fine. FYI: The Lush newsletter states that Big is a shampoo meant for use in soft-water areas as hard water produces scant foam, whereas soft water produces tons of foam. Mine foams up fine without using tons of product, so I guess that I live in a soft-water area.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2004 7:04:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First - i LOVE the smell. But - it's expensive, and I use it as a body wash instead of a shampoo because it's just too harsh for my curly hair - every time I used it I ended up with tangled frizz. As a body wash, though, it's exfoliating and divine.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2004 11:38:00 PM More reviews by nyada

I've to'd-and-fro'd about this product for a while. I think it's a great shampoo because it really deep cleans my hair (esp. my oily scalp) and leaves it nice and full (which is a nice change for my dead straight hair), but I find I have to use HEAPS in order to get a decent lather for my long tresses (even when my hair is really really wet). It's a bit messy and inconvenient to use too. The other down side is that I found that I lost more hair than usual when I used this shampoo, which is something I definitely don't want to be happening on a regular basis! The smell is really addictive though! Can't quite put my finger on it... Overall, I don't think I would repurchase as I'm looking for a shampoo that will be convenient to take travelling with me. Worth a try though, for anyone who's curious.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2004 1:10:00 PM More reviews by JillyT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

CRAZY STUFF. This is a product that begs to be reviewed because it's so WEIRD. Bottom line: Smells like a cross between dirt and new tires (and the scent definitely lingers) but it cleans really well and my hair looks shiny and healthy afterwards. I had a problem getting it to lather at first but learned that hair needs to be really really wet. My hair comes out VERY tangled, even when followed by deep moisturizer. Still, in the end, my hair comes out great! Not sure if I'll repurchase.