LUSH BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

This stuff is the most amazing shampoo ever. It seems very weird at first but once the salt dissolves (with lots of water), it gives a great lather, scent and clean feeling. It might make your hair feel dry and tangly but this goes away once my hair dries and after using either American Cream or Coolaulin conditioner. It does everything it says it's going to do on the packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome shampoo. I really didn't believe that Big would do all the things the packaging said, but so far it has. My hair is super shiny and feels thicker, if such a thing were possible on my already thick hair. Plus, I find that my hair is tamer and...bigger, volume-wise. Big is on the expensive side ($17.95 in store), but is worth the price. The consistency of the product is really different. Never did I think sea salt and seaweed gel would lather, but Big lathers like crazy and you only need the teeny tinest bit! It will take forever to get through this pot. The scent is interesting, but tolerable - it reminds me of grass. I like the packaging but wish it was a little better; I'm afraid of getting water in the tub and diluting the shampoo. Will definitely repurchase, if I don't get bored with it first. (No matter how good a product, I seem to get bored!)

on 11/8/2004 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo really does get my hair clean. It also leaves it easy to brush through and shiny and soft. Normally, these things would have me hooked... But I can't stand the smell! People around me noticed it too and asked me if I'd been swiimming in a strongly chlorinated pool or colored my hair that day. Also, I experience a lot more static when I use Big, which drives me nuts. In other words, I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/7/2004 9:16:00 PM

This is a dynamite shampoo. It smells like Tide laundry detergent. It looks scary and lumpy in its black tub. It works wonders. About as good as a shampoo could hope to be.

on 11/5/2004 3:18:00 PM

Okay, yes, it smells slightly funky (it is salt after all). And yes, the texture is sorta strange. But man oh man, when I use this shampoo, my hair GLEAMS afterward. Its amazing. I'm on my 3rd carton, since nothing I've ever tried has been comparable.

on 11/3/2004 6:39:00 PM

BIG Shampoo is my favorite! I have very long, color-treated, straight, fine hair. BIG literally makes my hair gleem and gives it lots of healthy looking volume. The fragrance is gorgeous, fresh and exotic and I love how it lingers into the next day! The texture of the shampoo is unusual but fun once you get the hang of it. I usually scoop about a quarter sized dallop from the tub container and rub it between my palms and then apply it from roots to ends. The lather is rich and fragrant and it rinses cleanly away. I very highly recommend this shampoo. However, I would only use it no more than twice a week on my color-treated hair as it seems to strip away some of the color If used more often than that.

I like to follow BIG Shampoo with American Cream conditioner. American Cream smells devine!! Unforgettable sexy stuff. (Check out my pictures to see the results.)

on 10/27/2004 9:58:00 PM

I had to revise my review after using this for a short while my hair became very dried out. I now only use this occasionally (like every few months) I wouldn't recommend using it on a regular basis. I still love the smell.

on 10/27/2004 9:30:00 PM

So far so good. I just bought this product after seeing a review of it in my magazine promising volume and shine. I have to say that after one use i am very impressed. My fine hair is very full and shiny! As said before the packaging is cute but sometimes a pain to use in the shower. The smell is a little over powering for me but still nice. And it is not overly expensive since i know it is going to last me a long time. I won't be using it evreyday as it would dry out my colour treated hair. I'd give it a try if i was you! UPDATE: I am still loving this shampoo months later. It is definitely a once in awhile use shampoo. I use it on the weekends when i am going out to get lots of volume and shine. The smell has totally grown on me, and call me crazy but i like the texture!

on 10/13/2004 1:08:00 AM

This stuff kicks butt. It works very well on most types of hair. Result: soft hair FULL of body. Definately try this shampoo. It has sea salt in it so it has a gritty consistency. Smells divine. Dry haired gals; make sure to use conditioner after.

on 10/5/2004 11:40:00 AM

Oh my gosh, did this product ever save my hair!!! I had no idea my hair needed saving, I just thought it was naturally baby fine and maybe a bit too shiny at times. After using Big (with it's intimidating coarse sea salt) just once, I immediately noticed a difference. Not only does my hair now posess a covetable amount of bounce, but I don't need to use as much conditioner and styling requires much less time. It also corrected my problem scalp, which in the past tended to get dry and itchy. I am officially in love with BIG!

Top Rated LUSH Products