October 22, 2014 | 1667 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2004 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ash236

This stuff rocks. I only use it once or twice a week, because it can be drying, but it works well removing product buildup, making my hair shiny and bouncy. Will definitely continue to buy!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2004 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Nessaxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It looks like I am the minority here because I was not fond of this shampoo at all. It left my thick, wavy hair in the dryest state. It actually felt like straw afterwards! Sorry LUSH but this is definetly not a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2004 4:27:00 PM More reviews by andromeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Leaves my hair squeaky clean, and gives a lot of bounciness. Great for removing greasiness and products built-up, but try not to use it too often, as the salt will strip moisture and color from your hair. The texture is a little weird because it has a lot of chunky salt bits in it and I hate using my fingers to scoop products out of the tub due to hygienic reason. Smells like fresh ocean air with a little citrus thrown in. I am deducting two lipsticks for the expensive price and clunky packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by daste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! It works great with my fine hair and oily scalp. The packaging isn't great and it's expensive for what you get, but I'm an addict. To make it last longer, I ration it, using every third day or so. It really makes my hair softer with more body. Plus, the little salt granules give my scalp a nice massage. Will repurchase. Edit: I haven't had any adverse reactions, but this has SLES in it, which I'm trying to avoid. So once my current tub runs out I'll see if I can live without this great product. Update: never came back to this. I liked it, but the SLES and high price tag drove me away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2004 3:04:00 PM More reviews by JohannaFi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This sure made my hair BIG, but also dry. Sometimes it is hard to get it to lather, but I just add some water and that seems to work. Overall, a good shampoo without any silicones that you usually find in any shampoo or conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2004 6:32:00 PM More reviews by sexytinkerbell03

I have baby fine hair, not one bit of volume in these locks of mine! Boy, did this shampoo turn that around. It's a little strange getting used to the chunks of salt but for these results it's worth it. My hair was left shiny, soft, and full of life through out the day. This is going to be a regular in my shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by flitcraft

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first opened the tub, I didn't know what to make of it--it looked like tapioca pudding. But it makes my hair so soft and full that I forgive its weird appearance. You have to get your hair sopping wet, then massage in just a fingerful of Big. Delicate, subtle scent and lots of lather. I use a lot of product on my hair, and Big cleans it all away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2004 9:53:00 PM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Retails for $15.95 for 11.6 oz, I had high hopes for Big after hearing all the raves, but alas! Beware of the sea weed stink of mild anchovies! Many would describe the smell of Big as flowery, citrusy and even like margarita, but to my discerning nose, margarita it is not. Apart from the funky smell, it is quite a strong shampoo with SLS as the main ingredients. I wouldn't use this daily but once a week, it'll wash off all of those buildup during the week, and for me, who rarely wears any hair styling product, that means big, fluffy, full-of-flyaways hair. And to my relief, it rinses clean and leave hints of vanilla smell, phew...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2004 12:13:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

Unbelievable!! Was a bit hesitant to use this shampoo initially - it had salt crystals in it and I was worried it'll give me boofy dry hair. Instead, it gave me really GORGEOUS smelling hair bouncing with body!

The shampoo has a really unique texture - filled with salt crystals that I massage gently on my scalp. A little goes a long way. I rinse out and my hair feels super clean but not dry. I use a good mositurizing conditioner on my ends after this and when my hair is dry, IT ACTUALLY HAS BODY! Couldn't believe it when I first saw it and kept obsessively looking in a mirror - but yes, my roots are lifted a little higher and my hair is bouncier.

The best bit? This smells INCREDIBLE. Fresh and an incredibly long-lasting scent. Simply brilliant.
Wish this came in a tube form as it's difficult scooping out shampoo in a shower, especially since you have to avoid getting water into the tub. But apart from that, this is awesome!

http://www.lush.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=9469 continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2004 12:42:00 AM More reviews by amandapaige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was actually my debut to lush shampoo's and the begining of my addiction. i am a stylist and makeup artist, so i can be a bit of a professional product snob when i comes to hair care. it smells delicious, the scent lingers all day, and the product does a great job at volumizing. i would agree that you need a lightweight conditioner after (i really like vegan). the packaging is brilliant, really, i absolutely hate trying to get the last bit of product out of a bottle. the scent alone is worth the money!