Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise

3.3

on 8/18/2003 10:06:00 AM

After seeing the great advertising for this product in magazines, I was excited that it would remind me of a tropical vacation instead..... it reminds me of a little old lady!!!! It is so overpowering that it made me sick. I had to go to the bathroom before I could continue shopping and use soap to remove the smell!!!! Don't go near it!!!!

on 8/17/2003 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Disappointing fragrance: smells to much like Pleasures..E.Lauder is squeezing every ounce they can out of their success with Pleasures. I feel insulted as a consumer..1st it was Pleasures, then it was Pleasures Intense, now Bedyond Paradise..This is too much!! Did not last long on my skin either, anyways boring and generic in my opinion.

on 8/17/2003 4:11:00 AM

i gave this fragrnace a chance...it smelled great on paper, and in the bottle. stunk to high heaven on my skin. this fragrance gave me a megaheadache. i hope that it does justice to someome else. a pretty fragrance, just not on me.

on 8/14/2003 12:08:00 AM

This comes in such a pretty bottle, so that's where all the extra lippies come from,but the floral fragrance is so strong that it makes me feel sick.

on 8/13/2003 10:50:00 AM

Estee Lauder perfumes are all the same to me... Don't stand out as anything spectacular. Just plain florals. I prefer more sophisticated, unique scents.

on 8/13/2003 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pretty floral perfume...has an orange flower...blue hyacinth...jasmine...pink honeysuckle...comes in a pretty rainbow bottle that is tear shaped...delicate perfume that is nice for spring and summer...

on 8/12/2003 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

They made such a rave about this product, I had to go out and try it. BIG MISTAKE! I thought it smelled like old lady! They gave a sample of it in one of EL free gifts, and boy am I glad it was just a sample! No wonder EL is hyping up this new perfume.. they found out how bad it stinks, so they want you to THINK it smells good so you can go out and buy it! Peeeewwwwww~!!!

on 8/10/2003 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I don't usually like floral scents, but I must say that I LOVE this. It seems to have strong notes of jasmine, honeysuckle, and "tropical rain" for lack of a better description. It's beautiful and not overpowering at all, at least not on me. I find I'll have it on and then catch a whiff of something a few hours later, thinking it's nice - yep, that's what it is. EL has a winner here in my opinion and I can forsee this being one of my favorites in the near future. And, of course, the bottle is absolutely beautiful.
Edited 10/1/03 to add that since I have been wearing this I get constant, and I mean constant, compliments on my fragrance. People demand to know what it is I'm wearing because they say it smells so good! My body chemistry must mesh well with this. It's divine, I love it. continued >>

on 8/8/2003 7:11:00 PM

Really wanted to like this but... it stinks like an old lady to me!
Smells like everything out there.

on 8/4/2003 9:33:00 PM

I was surprised by how much I liked this perfume. Very clean and crisp with a single note of lily or gardenia (couldn't tell which). It's not distinctive enough that I would buy it for myself (I like my perfumes strong and heady), but this is a very pretty and subtle perfume.

I love the bottle concept but hated the girly pink iridescent color. Yes, I'm that shallow. :)

Popular Fragrances