July 23, 2014 | 2113 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:38:00 AM More reviews by shaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I am in the minority here.I love this. Super oily skin, prone to break out, large pores... get the picture? This stuff helps to control my oil, minimize my pores and stop my foundation from slipping off my face. I use it over moisturizer and under my foundation or powder. I didn't think it was helping until I stopped using it, then I saw a difference. It is a staple for me. Easy to use tube, lasts a while so the $28USD is worth it to me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2002 4:23:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I wasn't impressed with this primer at all. It didn't make my foundation stay or go on any better. I prefer my Smashbox primer to this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2002 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This broke out my sensitive skin terribly, to the point where I was fighting to cover small red, itchy, irritated patches that had appeared on my face. As I rarely wear foundation I should probably have known to stay away from this but I tried it anyway on a rare foundation-wearing day and was obviously disappointed. It made no difference in the wearability of my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2002 2:31:00 PM More reviews by WendyWhy

The MA I hired for my wedding day, actually used this on me - and it was pretty amazing - I didn't have to touch up my makeup once! I am not one of those blessed girls who doesn't know the meaning of a shiny T-zone...so I was really surprised at how well this worked. After the wedding, I did go out and buy this -but now it's just collecting dust. I do not wear a full face of makeup everyday, so it's really not worth it to me to have this and I don't really have time for an extra makeup step in the morning. But if I was a diva and wore full foundation everyday, this would definitely be a part of my daily arsenal.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2002 5:18:00 AM More reviews by laalyxx

I like this but I think it only works with liquid foundation. I tried it with MAC studiofix and although the staying power is awesome I recently tried it with liquid foundation and it worked great! Next time i am going to try Smashbox primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2002 8:32:00 PM More reviews by janabear

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! I have noticable pores and this primer really minimized them! I have to swap for this(thanks TonyaW!) because the price is ridiculous in Canada!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2002 6:10:00 AM More reviews by sanrosee

I received a sample of this from the Mercier counter of Nordstroms. I have mixed feelings about this one. I think it did improve the appearance of my foundation, but no more than my normal moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2002 9:19:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like this. It lighlty moisturizes my skin, and foundation goes on more even and lasts longer when I use this. I've also tried Smashbox PhotoFinish primer, which many people love, but I much prefer the LM primer. The Smashbox is silicone based and too dry for my skin. 8/16/03 update: I hadn't used this in quite a while. I tried new products that sounded interesting and got out of the habit of using Laura Mercier's primer. But I used it again the other morning, and I realized at the end of the day my makeup looked the freshest and best in had in a while. So I used it again the last few days, and I can really tell a difference in how my makeup wears. I use the primer first, then DDF organic spf, and then foundation. I'm definitely going to start using LM's primer again daily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2002 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to try this primer again as I recently started wearing Laura's oil free foudation. When I tried this a few years prior, I thought it irritated my face. However, I have been using this now for 2 weeks and love how it "primes" the skin and how my foundation lasts for 10 plus hours! You can ask for samples and see what you think.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2002 6:14:00 PM More reviews by YolandaMC

This is a waste of money. It didn't make my foundation easier to apply. It's just one extra step that I really don't need. I swapped this one right away.