January 27, 2015 | 2025 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product, thinking it would make my foundation look better longer, and wear nicer, as it said. I was wrong. Basically this did nothing for my skin or my foundation. In fact, I had a couple of tiny pimples at the end of the day because of it! If you want something to go under foundation to give you a glow, I recommend Estee Lauder Spotlight or a Smashbox Luminizer. Skip this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2003 12:00:00 PM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skintype: Sensitive/Combo

This is not the primer for me..After having it on for 5 minutes, my face started itching..This feels like Laura Geller's Spackle Cream but not as matte. I am beginning to think foundation primers are a waste of time and money..Due to the allergic reaction, I won't be buying this..Might be nice for someone who needs moisture and doesn't have sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2002 3:07:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

Disliked this. No effect whatsoever on the texture of my skin or the longevity of my foundation, and the smell wasn't very attractive at all. Prefer the Nars Primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2003 12:02:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells awful to me and it is one of the few products that agitates my skin. It actually feels like my skin is burning when I put it on. I also didn't notice a tremendous difference in how long my foundation lasts or how well it applies. I love LM's moisturizing foundation and tinted moisturizers though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2003 2:21:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I wasn't impressed with this primer at all. It didn't do anything for my skin nor did it make my foundation apply any more smoothly than if I used a good moisturizer underneath. I'd rather get the smashbox primer instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2003 1:49:00 AM More reviews by enya

Very surprised that so many got allergies from this product. I am the sensitive type, but my face is at peace with this primer. Plus, it's got good oil-controlling ability and helps make my foundation stay put without drying. Thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2003 7:29:00 PM More reviews by kozizi

When I mix this primer with LM oil free foundation it does its job well by making the horrible foundation less thick and easier to apply. But when I apply it directly to my face, it doesn't seem to do too much. Maybe it gives the foundation a smoother finish but that's about it. Also, this primer has a horrible smell and when I used it in the summer, it made me breakout. IMO, I find the Nars Primer much better than this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2003 10:10:00 AM More reviews by sarahlittlecutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is ok. I wouldnt buy it again because while it makes my skin a little smoother thats it. My base does not stay on any longer and application is not easier, also i had to use quite a lot of this to cover my whole face and it is not very easy to spread across your face as it starts to sink i almost immediately, not a good base as it is absored by your skin and then dissapears

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:38:00 AM More reviews by shaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I am in the minority here.I love this. Super oily skin, prone to break out, large pores... get the picture? This stuff helps to control my oil, minimize my pores and stop my foundation from slipping off my face. I use it over moisturizer and under my foundation or powder. I didn't think it was helping until I stopped using it, then I saw a difference. It is a staple for me. Easy to use tube, lasts a while so the $28USD is worth it to me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2002 4:23:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I wasn't impressed with this primer at all. It didn't make my foundation stay or go on any better. I prefer my Smashbox primer to this one.