October 24, 2014 | 1239 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2003 1:49:00 AM More reviews by enya

Very surprised that so many got allergies from this product. I am the sensitive type, but my face is at peace with this primer. Plus, it's got good oil-controlling ability and helps make my foundation stay put without drying. Thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2003 7:29:00 PM More reviews by kozizi

When I mix this primer with LM oil free foundation it does its job well by making the horrible foundation less thick and easier to apply. But when I apply it directly to my face, it doesn't seem to do too much. Maybe it gives the foundation a smoother finish but that's about it. Also, this primer has a horrible smell and when I used it in the summer, it made me breakout. IMO, I find the Nars Primer much better than this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2003 10:10:00 AM More reviews by sarahlittlecutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is ok. I wouldnt buy it again because while it makes my skin a little smoother thats it. My base does not stay on any longer and application is not easier, also i had to use quite a lot of this to cover my whole face and it is not very easy to spread across your face as it starts to sink i almost immediately, not a good base as it is absored by your skin and then dissapears

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:38:00 AM More reviews by shaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I am in the minority here.I love this. Super oily skin, prone to break out, large pores... get the picture? This stuff helps to control my oil, minimize my pores and stop my foundation from slipping off my face. I use it over moisturizer and under my foundation or powder. I didn't think it was helping until I stopped using it, then I saw a difference. It is a staple for me. Easy to use tube, lasts a while so the $28USD is worth it to me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2002 4:23:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I wasn't impressed with this primer at all. It didn't make my foundation stay or go on any better. I prefer my Smashbox primer to this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2002 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This broke out my sensitive skin terribly, to the point where I was fighting to cover small red, itchy, irritated patches that had appeared on my face. As I rarely wear foundation I should probably have known to stay away from this but I tried it anyway on a rare foundation-wearing day and was obviously disappointed. It made no difference in the wearability of my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2002 2:31:00 PM More reviews by WendyWhy

The MA I hired for my wedding day, actually used this on me - and it was pretty amazing - I didn't have to touch up my makeup once! I am not one of those blessed girls who doesn't know the meaning of a shiny T-zone...so I was really surprised at how well this worked. After the wedding, I did go out and buy this -but now it's just collecting dust. I do not wear a full face of makeup everyday, so it's really not worth it to me to have this and I don't really have time for an extra makeup step in the morning. But if I was a diva and wore full foundation everyday, this would definitely be a part of my daily arsenal.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2002 5:18:00 AM More reviews by laalyxx

I like this but I think it only works with liquid foundation. I tried it with MAC studiofix and although the staying power is awesome I recently tried it with liquid foundation and it worked great! Next time i am going to try Smashbox primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2002 8:32:00 PM More reviews by janabear

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! I have noticable pores and this primer really minimized them! I have to swap for this(thanks TonyaW!) because the price is ridiculous in Canada!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2002 6:10:00 AM More reviews by sanrosee

I received a sample of this from the Mercier counter of Nordstroms. I have mixed feelings about this one. I think it did improve the appearance of my foundation, but no more than my normal moisturizer.