Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 5/15/2003 5:13:00 PM

I am not at all impressed with this. I have been using it for quite a while, but it's not anything special at all. It doesn't make my foundation go on smoother, or last longer. Frankly, it's an unnecessary step.

on 5/13/2003 5:31:00 PM

I have used this for 6 months and I don't find this any special. The more I used this, the more I doubted why I actually needed this. Good moisturiser would do a better job. Also the primer made my face oily so I had to touch up more than usual while I was using it. Do not waste money to buy this product.

on 5/8/2003 8:13:00 PM

Creating a need! foundation works great without this! Those with dry skin should rely on their moisturizer.

on 5/7/2003 11:24:00 AM

I like this primer. It soaks in instead of sitting on top of the skin. I don't know if it keeps me from getting oily, I am still searching for my HG foundation. But, it smells pleasant. I will buy again.

on 4/23/2003 2:21:00 PM

This was ok. Not really very good. Think there are a lot of great products around that work better for me. This one made my makeup feel heavy and after a coupla months, changed smell (now it's this icky, stinky decomposed stench... what do they put in there???) I have normal skin, but this makes it feel oily. Much prefer EA capsules or Dr Feelgood.

I love this primer. It all started years ago, when I first got into LM. A MA did my makeup for a wedding, and she used the primer. I will never forget the results..and neither will the wedding party. The photographer snapped my pic for their album, and when it came back everyone said how radiant I looked -- and I think the primer did the trick. The makeup was applied at 1 PM and this pic was taken around 9 or 10 at night -- and I hadn't touched up all night. I have used the primer ever since, and I really believe that it minimizes my pores and keeps my foundation looking fresh and smooth.

on 4/4/2003 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think this stuff does what it claims to do. It's a primer, it primes the skin to smooth it and even it for better foundation application. I think it works great. I don't have a problem with large pores or wrinkles (yet) and I really needed something that made my foundation look flawless and this stuff did it. It has a slight odor to it but it dissipates quickly. If it was cheaper I would give it 5 lipsticks but it works ok.
UPDATE: After using an entire tube of this primer, I have to say that it's not very good. At first it seemed to matte out my skin and make it smooth but after using it for a while, I think my skin got used to it because it did nothing. It was like using runny lotion and it wouldn't dry for a long time. I would have to wait 10 minutes for this stuff to dry so I could put on my mineral makeup. I think it would work better for people who use liquid foundations but for mineral users, it's not a good match.

on 3/28/2003 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

now we need primer before we use foundation? give me a break....we aren't painters! in my opinion, this is a big waste of money, and i'm irritated that i purchased this. it did absolutely nothing for me, except add one more step in the process of doing my make up in the morning. i love/use LM foundations and tints, and they do stay on all day without using the primer.

on 3/28/2003 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this product did not help my makeup to stay on longer or enhance the look of my foundation. i was also led to believe that it would help with my oily skin by acting as a light weight moisterizer. no good y'all

on 3/20/2003 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I tried this product, thinking it would make my foundation look better longer, and wear nicer, as it said. I was wrong. Basically this did nothing for my skin or my foundation. In fact, I had a couple of tiny pimples at the end of the day because of it! If you want something to go under foundation to give you a glow, I recommend Estee Lauder Spotlight or a Smashbox Luminizer. Skip this product!

Popular Primer/ Correctors