Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 3/28/2003 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this product did not help my makeup to stay on longer or enhance the look of my foundation. i was also led to believe that it would help with my oily skin by acting as a light weight moisterizer. no good y'all

on 3/20/2003 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I tried this product, thinking it would make my foundation look better longer, and wear nicer, as it said. I was wrong. Basically this did nothing for my skin or my foundation. In fact, I had a couple of tiny pimples at the end of the day because of it! If you want something to go under foundation to give you a glow, I recommend Estee Lauder Spotlight or a Smashbox Luminizer. Skip this product!

on 3/18/2003 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skintype: Sensitive/Combo

This is not the primer for me..After having it on for 5 minutes, my face started itching..This feels like Laura Geller's Spackle Cream but not as matte. I am beginning to think foundation primers are a waste of time and money..Due to the allergic reaction, I won't be buying this..Might be nice for someone who needs moisture and doesn't have sensitive skin.

on 6/20/2002 3:07:00 AM

Disliked this. No effect whatsoever on the texture of my skin or the longevity of my foundation, and the smell wasn't very attractive at all. Prefer the Nars Primer.

on 2/19/2003 12:02:00 PM

This stuff smells awful to me and it is one of the few products that agitates my skin. It actually feels like my skin is burning when I put it on. I also didn't notice a tremendous difference in how long my foundation lasts or how well it applies. I love LM's moisturizing foundation and tinted moisturizers though.

on 2/19/2003 2:21:00 AM

I wasn't impressed with this primer at all. It didn't do anything for my skin nor did it make my foundation apply any more smoothly than if I used a good moisturizer underneath. I'd rather get the smashbox primer instead.

on 2/19/2003 1:49:00 AM

Very surprised that so many got allergies from this product. I am the sensitive type, but my face is at peace with this primer. Plus, it's got good oil-controlling ability and helps make my foundation stay put without drying. Thumbs up!

on 2/11/2003 7:29:00 PM

When I mix this primer with LM oil free foundation it does its job well by making the horrible foundation less thick and easier to apply. But when I apply it directly to my face, it doesn't seem to do too much. Maybe it gives the foundation a smoother finish but that's about it. Also, this primer has a horrible smell and when I used it in the summer, it made me breakout. IMO, I find the Nars Primer much better than this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This is ok. I wouldnt buy it again because while it makes my skin a little smoother thats it. My base does not stay on any longer and application is not easier, also i had to use quite a lot of this to cover my whole face and it is not very easy to spread across your face as it starts to sink i almost immediately, not a good base as it is absored by your skin and then dissapears

on 1/4/2003 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, so I am in the minority here.I love this. Super oily skin, prone to break out, large pores... get the picture? This stuff helps to control my oil, minimize my pores and stop my foundation from slipping off my face. I use it over moisturizer and under my foundation or powder. I didn't think it was helping until I stopped using it, then I saw a difference. It is a staple for me. Easy to use tube, lasts a while so the $28USD is worth it to me.