April 17, 2014 | 1762 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2002 5:18:00 AM More reviews by laalyxx

I like this but I think it only works with liquid foundation. I tried it with MAC studiofix and although the staying power is awesome I recently tried it with liquid foundation and it worked great! Next time i am going to try Smashbox primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2002 8:32:00 PM More reviews by janabear

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! I have noticable pores and this primer really minimized them! I have to swap for this(thanks TonyaW!) because the price is ridiculous in Canada!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2002 6:10:00 AM More reviews by sanrosee

I received a sample of this from the Mercier counter of Nordstroms. I have mixed feelings about this one. I think it did improve the appearance of my foundation, but no more than my normal moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2002 9:19:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like this. It lighlty moisturizes my skin, and foundation goes on more even and lasts longer when I use this. I've also tried Smashbox PhotoFinish primer, which many people love, but I much prefer the LM primer. The Smashbox is silicone based and too dry for my skin. 8/16/03 update: I hadn't used this in quite a while. I tried new products that sounded interesting and got out of the habit of using Laura Mercier's primer. But I used it again the other morning, and I realized at the end of the day my makeup looked the freshest and best in had in a while. So I used it again the last few days, and I can really tell a difference in how my makeup wears. I use the primer first, then DDF organic spf, and then foundation. I'm definitely going to start using LM's primer again daily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2002 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to try this primer again as I recently started wearing Laura's oil free foudation. When I tried this a few years prior, I thought it irritated my face. However, I have been using this now for 2 weeks and love how it "primes" the skin and how my foundation lasts for 10 plus hours! You can ask for samples and see what you think.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2002 6:14:00 PM More reviews by YolandaMC

This is a waste of money. It didn't make my foundation easier to apply. It's just one extra step that I really don't need. I swapped this one right away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2002 10:25:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck! After hearing some of the raves about this product, I excitedly went down to the Laura Mercier counter and plunked my money down.

Unfortunately, I found it to be very sticky, and it took forever to absorb into my skin. What's more, I didn't notice that my makeup stayed on any longer with it. Hmph! Some primer!

Save your $$!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2002 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Candy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love Love Love this!
This really help to let your foundation stay longer.
The best is it make my face glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2002 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Beautymaniac

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first foundation primer I used so I can't really say it's the best I've tried. It works pretty effectively for me and I'll probably stick to it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2002 12:43:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this highly raved about product and found nothing about it the least bit appealing! It's like a gel moisturizer that took too long to dry. I don't know what it was about the formula that made it a primer but I swear that my foundation looked flakey. If you like this, then you haven't tried Philosophy's The Present which I've found to be an ideal moisturizer and primer!