July 29, 2014 | 1964 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2006 1:43:00 AM More reviews by JavaBeaner

The couple of times I've used this, it's burned and dried out my skin pretty bad. But BP seems to have that effect on my skin, however little the concentration.
Maybe it may be good for acne, over the long run, but I hate having skin that looks like a mess in the meantime. On the upside it smells nice and feels nice.
Up for swap this one goes. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by mayomi18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this for the last three/four years. It's not my HG cleanser but I keep using it because it's the best one I've found. Either that or I'm too lazy to search for a new one :).
I like it a lot. It keeps my breakouts under control for the most part. I use this as a mask also when my skin feels extra gross. I find that if I leave it on for half an hour or so it will clear up my skin pretty well. I don't recommend doing this in the morning though because your face will be red! I do it at night, put on LOTS of moisturizer and sleep and I wake up with a much clearer face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by venusmagick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far I am really liking this product. I use it on my face and back a couple times a week and let it sit for a while. I do not find it drying, but I do have very oily skin. I put it on my face last night for about 10-15 min and followed with Earth Therapeutics Clari-T for overnight treatment, and today the spots I had are reduced and the little bumps of potential new pimples are virtually gone. The whole Neutrogena line is a hit and miss for me, but this one appears to be a hit. I got it on sale at Walgreens for $4. Will probably repurchase if it keeps working for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by drenchedinwine

I really really like this cleanser. I started using it in the middle of a nasty hormonal face crisis, and it didnt instantly make it better, but it did help clear it up. This is the best cleanser I've used so far, so that I am nearly acne free between periods which was never the case before. I still do get pimples here and there, but not as bad as before. I use it every night when I shower and I half let it act as a mask by putting it on right away and not washing it off until im done washing my hair etc. so it can sit and do its job. it feels tingy & great, and has a nice smell. It hasn't dried out my skin at all. It's my HG for now after trying tons of cleansers, unless something better comes along.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2006 11:42:00 PM More reviews by KiTEeKaT

Texture – white cream with very fine particles (think they might be mineral salt)
Scent – a very strong fragrant, I actually like the smell but some people probably can’t stand it
Cleansing effects – cleanse my face pretty well. I noticed the blackheads on my nose are smaller, my cheeks are smoother after washing.
Any cons – still have breakouts here and there, and quiet drying to the cheeks area (I have combo skin). The stuff is thick so takes more splashes to get all the residue off the face.
This cleanser might be better for use in summer. In winter, it is quite drying so you need to moisturise more to make up for the cons. I wouldn’t use it as a mask except on the nose. Also wouldn’t recommend it to people with sensitive skin as the scent is too strong. Overall it’s not a bad product and will purchase again. ^_^

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2006 9:31:00 PM More reviews by chinkyeyez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i actually bought this last summer thinking it was going to work, i have combination skin, it felt good on my skin, i liked the cooling effect, since it felt good i thought it was working but really it wasnt, it made my skin even worse. So i threw it out, nothing from neutrogena works for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by lw921

I am 29 and I have had terrible acne for the past year. I've tried everything...Obagi, Mary Kay, Cetaphil, Proactive, home remedies like baking soda, aspirin and apple cider vinegar. While some may work for a time or two, the ones that work ultimately end up being too harsh for my skin after a week or so and cause drying and redness, not to mention continued cystic acne.

This mask works great! It leave me skin soft and soothed. I leave it on for 30 minutes as a mask, and also as a spot treatment overnight. Its strong yet gentle on my skin. I hope it continues to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Dina20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My facehas always been acne-free but lately due to hormonal fluctuations, my skin has been a mess. I decided to try a mask from Neutragena to see if it would help. I use it as a mask in the morning and a cleanser at night, and after only 3 days, I have begun to notice a difference. It has healed some problem areas and my skin feels much softer and smoother. I love the cool "tingly" sensation after I rinse it off. It rinses off very easily, unlike some other masks. My skin feels so clean. It leaves a couple areas a bit dry but thats to be expected. Overall, a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by marikko714

The smell is pretty medicinal, but that's what makes me think it's working. It also tingles when you leave it on as a mask - feels great. My skin feels fresh and tight (in a good way) after I rinse it off. It leaves my SO's skin a little irritated, but says it feels good later on. He has more sensitive skin than me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 12:53:00 PM More reviews by emiliaestella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so happy with this product! If I could give it 10 lippies I would. It's awesome for soothing breakouts, yet it never strips or overdries my skin. It lists glycerin as one of the first ingredients so I suppose that helps. I usually mix it with a few dissolved aspirin and this combo really banishes my bad skin. I'll definitely keep purchasing this.