Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 1/27/2007 11:09:00 AM

I have oily skin, acne prone. I used this every day for six months. I thought it worked pretty well until I ran out. I stopped using it for a week. My face exploded in acne. Oh my gosh. When I realized that was my one change, I went out that day and got a new bottle. I like the packaging, but the top always breaks for me. Really great cleanser.

on 1/26/2007 7:01:00 PM

This has been my favorite cleanser for YEARS! I have pretty normal skin, and I know it's thanks to this product. Lathers great, has a refreshing scent, washes cleanly, and leaves my face feeling clean and rejuvenated!

I've found that this product also works ABSOLUTELY AWESOME if used with an aspirin mask. I apply one about 1-2x/week, and it really is my HG in terms of beauty secrets. I take about 6-8 aspirin (Kroger brand tends to work best) in the palm of my hand, and add a few drops of water and pat the blob a few times with a finger to help make it 'mushy'. Then I add an equal amount of this cleanser, combine, and apply. Leave on for 10-15 minutes, rinse, and be amazed! ;)

on 12/30/2006 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is great. I came across this product while visiting my cousins. I had left my regular cleanser at home and was looking for a replacement that I could use on my trip. This cleanser is awesome. The packing is very simple: a white tube with the name of the product on it. The cleanser itself is white and is of a creamy texture. I have only used this as a cleanser so I cannot comment on its ability as a mask. When I spread this on my face is felt very cooling (gave a very cool feeling to my face). I love the fact that it has a creamy texture but that it does not make me break out. This is due to the fact that the cleanser contains 3.5% benzoyl peroxide. This cleanser is fabulous and has helped to clear up my acne prone skin. I was using the Proactiv cleanser before and I can say that these 2 cleansers are similar. This works just as well as the Proactiv cleanser but without the expensive price. RECOMMENDED.

on 12/3/2006 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great product!! It's the only face wash I've stuck with, and I've been using it for almost 4 years now. It works incredibly well on my oily, slightly breakout prone skin. It leaves me skin smooth, gets off all my makeup, and prevents breakouts. Before this, I'd used products with salicylic acid, which always left my skin irritated. The benzol peroxide here controls my oil, but it's not too harsh on my skin. On the rare occasion I've tried something else, I inevitably come back to this product. And while I find it expensive for a drugstore brand, it's cheaper than higher-end products and works better for me!

on 12/2/2006 4:32:00 PM

ok, i was warned about the "not-for-sensitive-skin" quality of this product, but was willing to take the risk if it cleared out the clogged pores around my nose. it did...but my skin turned red for about 1 hour. the results after the redness faded were great though, the pores around my nose were cleared out and smaller, and my face feels smooth. i think this would work great for someone with normal or oily skin...or just not as sensitive as mine.

on 11/23/2006 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After Proactiv stopped working I started to use this. Although it didnt clear me up completely, I did notice improvement. I liked the tingly, clean feeling when using it. It also helped clear up the blackheads on my nose. After a while it seemed like it wasnt doing much so I stopped using it. I tried to use it again recently and it felt terrible on my face, probably due to the fact that I started using Differin & some other acne medications-it was just way to harsh for me and felt my skin was burning instead of the tingly sensation...but I would use again if my skin wasnt sensitive from the acne medications and I like that it has a dual purpose ...on a side note, as some others mentioned it will bleach whatever it touches!

on 11/12/2006 4:23:00 PM

I love this mask. I use it 2-3x per week especially after a long week of work and daily application of sunscreen. I love how it cleans my skin and leaves it nice and soft. It prevents most acne and I like the tingly sensation, although, I can see how it could be a turn off for some people. It's easiest to apply, let sit for couple minutes (I go for 20 minutes) and then wash it off in the shower. Highly recommended.

on 11/10/2006 8:59:00 AM

I love this Neutrogena product! It gave to my skin a nice texture and helps me keep it clear. The packaging needs some improvement, but this is definitely a must-try.

on 10/19/2006 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Does nothing for me, either as a mask or a cleanser. Not even sure why I bought it mow because it's just a white, thick, slightly drying, non foaming cleanser that is so non-descriptive and useless they may as well discontinue it.

on 10/15/2006 5:24:00 PM

As a cleanser: not effective at all

As an overnight treatment: it brings whiteheads up quicker? (is that a good thing? :/)

As a mask: not too bad! :) I love the fresh tingling feeling and the light scent. Afterwards, my face definitely becomes softer. The only thing I have against this product is that it doesn't really prevent or treat acne. I probably won't buy it again. But it never hurts to try it out, since the price is decent and apparently it works for most people.