MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 11/3/2007 6:33:00 PM

Until a few months ago I thought brushes made no difference in makeup application. I was so wrong, and now I'm hooked on MAC brushes. 239 is my latest acquisition. And I love it-- I think this and 217 are the only essential eye brushes. You can do anything with the two of them. I compared e/s application with this and the Sonia Kashuk small e/s brush. There was a huge difference. Dark shadows are applied much more evenly with the 239-- even over UDPP. And blending is a dream. I highly recommend this brush.

on 10/23/2007 8:46:00 PM

The 239 brush features white capra (goathair) bristles that are somewhat firm and course, though not scratchy. The tip is densely filled with fairly short bristles that have been tapered w/a slightly rounded edge. This brush can hold a lot of color and is handy for building up intensity on the lids. It's so versatile! Great to grab on those days you are in a rush. MAC's thick handles feel good in my hands and are easy to control. Well made ferrules Built to last. Retails for about $24.

on 10/20/2007 8:16:00 PM

Sooooo worth the price. I want a second one!

on 10/10/2007 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is my second all time favorite eyeshadow brush ( my first being the classic 213). The bristles on this brush are white and synthetic, but very soft. They are also "layered" at the sides so the brush actually picks up a lot of product. I like that the bristles are synthetic because you can use this brush with cream products without damaging it. This is a great basic eyeshadow application brush. can be used for padking on color, a wash or even as a crease brush if used sideways. Super versatile and a true winner. I have 2 of these, so I have bought again. You won't be disappointed with this little baby.

on 9/23/2007 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

WOW!! This brush make doing make-up so enjoyable! Not to mention look so much better! It packs on colour beautifully and really makes everything look perfect. I like to use it with the 217 because the 217 blends better, but this one is great all the same. It hasn't shed at all, and I've washed it over and over again with the MAC Brush Cleanser, (which cleans them out really well and gets rid of all the dirty look) The bristles are dense and firm, yet very soft. It smudges incredibly well and is small enough to get into the corners, as well as the crease. I thought I lost this once and almost started crying, yes it's THAT good!

on 8/14/2007 9:51:00 PM

The bristles of this brush is amazingly soft! Love it.

on 6/30/2007 1:33:00 PM

LOVE this!! Great for color saturation- this packs alot of color, which is what I want. I don't like having to layer to get good color. I used this today on a cheap eyeshadow I have (pretty color, but hard to get to show up)- and this brush really made it show up! I am sold. Go out and get this brush!

This is my first and only MAC brush. Before I bought this, I thought that all brushes were the same and it didn't matter which one you used, so I used cheap brushes from the drugstore and sponge tip applicators. I was so wrong. This brush is amazing. It picks up color so well and makes eyeshadows look brighter. It's great for blending too. I'm definitely going to buy more MAC brushes soon. I'm never using sponge tip applicators again.

on 4/10/2007 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Another Mac brush that it's really awesome!! I bought it for packing more the eyeshadows so they look more pigmented, it does a great job especially with Mac Pigments, make them look exactly like they look in the jar and shares the shimmers perfectly on the lids. It's flat and small and you can use it very well!

on 4/4/2007 3:23:00 PM

This is the best brush for eye mu. Packs color easily so don't need to layer eyeshadow over and over. Sometimes when i get lazy i only use this brush for my whole eyeshadow application, inner v, outer v, crease. It suits for every part.

Video Reviews & Tutorials