August 28, 2014 | 1130 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another Mac brush that it's really awesome!! I bought it for packing more the eyeshadows so they look more pigmented, it does a great job especially with Mac Pigments, make them look exactly like they look in the jar and shares the shimmers perfectly on the lids. It's flat and small and you can use it very well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by iriss

This is the best brush for eye mu. Packs color easily so don't need to layer eyeshadow over and over. Sometimes when i get lazy i only use this brush for my whole eyeshadow application, inner v, outer v, crease. It suits for every part.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Natcool

Excellent packing brush for general eyeshadow application.
i can use to for blending and it works good too.

i defintly recommend this for everyone :]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by SonyaAdams

Probably the best eyeshadow applicator brush I've ever picked up. Packs on the color easily and blends the color with just a swish. PERFECT in every way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by sweetnsnooty

This is the best eye shadow application brush that I have ever owned! It took me a long time to splurge and I wish I would have splurged sooner!!! This brush really is very versatile - I apply any type of eye shadow with it. Every couple of weeks I wash my brush with soap and warm water and it's like new every time! The brush is not too soft and not too harsh, just right for great shadow application. I love the size of it, not too big and not too small. I apply my shadows with ease all over lid, brow bone and even in the crease. I will definitely make this purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe I waited so long to get this, especially after all those other MAC eye brushes I got! This is like 187 for the eyes - you can use it to apply eyeshadow (any formula, and pigment), add a line of colour in the crease, and blend it all together!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2006 11:04:00 AM More reviews by na8i

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My very first MAC brush!!! This is my little baby - with this I can pack almost anything onto the eyelid, be it the grittiest lustre or the sheerest satin! The price is high; but the quality is probably making it worthwhile. I would recommend this brush for people who love great color pay-off! It is truly super for bright or deep looks! For blending this brush is not enough on it's own; used very gently some slight blending is possible at the edges. When blending two colors this brush has a tendency to tone down the shadows and it is not entirely even. So: 239 great for packing on color! Try out 224, 222 or 217 for blending!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2006 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush at least ten years ago, and it's served me well, but in that time I've found brushes that are just as good if not better, for half the price or less (one recent discovery: Essence of Beauty at CVS). I just checked the website, and this brush costs $24. That's a lot of money for one eyeshadow brush. If you find a good beauty supply, there are many brands that offer high-quality brushes for much less. I just recently bought a sable face brush (with a short handle to fit into my makeup bag) for $19.00. That's a big fluffy brush, too!

Also, a couple of my MAC brushes have cracked. Their handles got wet and the finishes cracked off. That has not happened to any of my other brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 9:20:00 AM More reviews by coconoir

This brush really is good. I thought I had all the brushes I needed and wouldn't buy another one. The MAC SA at my local store, whose recommendations I trust, told me that I d love this brush, and yes, I do! It really does make a difference while applying especially lighter shades and not-so pigmented eyeshadows. I find myself reaching for this more often than my other brushes I use for eye makeup. Impressed...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this brush. It is great for packing on color, and for use on your shadows that aren't quite pigmented enough or lustre shadows by MAC. An MA just used this brush on me to pack on GLEAM e/s (which is a notoriously hard-to-work-with lustre IMO) and it looked amazing. If I only used two e/s brushes from now on it would most likely be this and my 224 brush. Great quality, soft, and not scratchy!