April 17, 2014 | 1924 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe I waited so long to get this, especially after all those other MAC eye brushes I got! This is like 187 for the eyes - you can use it to apply eyeshadow (any formula, and pigment), add a line of colour in the crease, and blend it all together!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2006 11:04:00 AM More reviews by na8i

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My very first MAC brush!!! This is my little baby - with this I can pack almost anything onto the eyelid, be it the grittiest lustre or the sheerest satin! The price is high; but the quality is probably making it worthwhile. I would recommend this brush for people who love great color pay-off! It is truly super for bright or deep looks! For blending this brush is not enough on it's own; used very gently some slight blending is possible at the edges. When blending two colors this brush has a tendency to tone down the shadows and it is not entirely even. So: 239 great for packing on color! Try out 224, 222 or 217 for blending!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2006 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush at least ten years ago, and it's served me well, but in that time I've found brushes that are just as good if not better, for half the price or less (one recent discovery: Essence of Beauty at CVS). I just checked the website, and this brush costs $24. That's a lot of money for one eyeshadow brush. If you find a good beauty supply, there are many brands that offer high-quality brushes for much less. I just recently bought a sable face brush (with a short handle to fit into my makeup bag) for $19.00. That's a big fluffy brush, too!

Also, a couple of my MAC brushes have cracked. Their handles got wet and the finishes cracked off. That has not happened to any of my other brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 9:20:00 AM More reviews by coconoir

This brush really is good. I thought I had all the brushes I needed and wouldn't buy another one. The MAC SA at my local store, whose recommendations I trust, told me that I d love this brush, and yes, I do! It really does make a difference while applying especially lighter shades and not-so pigmented eyeshadows. I find myself reaching for this more often than my other brushes I use for eye makeup. Impressed...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this brush. It is great for packing on color, and for use on your shadows that aren't quite pigmented enough or lustre shadows by MAC. An MA just used this brush on me to pack on GLEAM e/s (which is a notoriously hard-to-work-with lustre IMO) and it looked amazing. If I only used two e/s brushes from now on it would most likely be this and my 224 brush. Great quality, soft, and not scratchy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful brush! SO soft on the eyelid yet it's very effective at packing on just the right amount of shadow. Very easy to control and blend shades. Very high quality brush for the price. I may consider purchasing another one. You can't go wrong with this eyeshadow brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by pinki3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very soft brush with sturdy bristles. a total musthave for eyeshadows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ninadg2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this brush for applying eyeshadow, especially pigments/mineral e/s on my lids. The small dense head is perfect for packing on colours that are a bit light or applying it wet, for my small eyelids. It's works for blending them too, doesn't work on my crease though, because of it's shape. A must have though!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2006 2:58:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought 239 but when I got home I realized its the as Bobbi Brown's TOUCH UP brush which I already have.But it doesnt matter I'm trying to build a brush collection thats why I want more:) As other reviews tell it all its the perfect brush for applying eyeshadow and even I can use it to apply concealer too.I love MAC brushes and I want to enhance more more on makeup.Brushes help me about applications.I spend alot of money for a brush but I know that quality brushes make it easy to do makeup.I love 239 and would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first "real" makeup brushes I purchased over two years ago, and it's still in excellent condition today. I like this brush because the hairs are densely packed and pick up a lot of pigment. I like using this for applying a base flesh-toned eye shadow color like the satin e/s in Nars AAE all over the lid. It also works well for packing in darker colors in the crease. Overall, I don't find this brush as useful as the other ones I own (213, 224, 217), so I probably won't repurchase this.