Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 1/2/2008 5:58:00 AM

I've never had a real habit of using these mineral water sprays, but decided on a whim to try the Avene one.

I'm quite neutral towards this. It does feel refreshing on the skin, but otherwise doesn't do much for me.

on 12/16/2007 5:27:00 AM

Actually i dont know why, this product make me oily. Or my skin is too oily? Feel like i cang grow acne becuase of this, but i didnt. but it make my face red,

on 12/7/2007 11:51:00 PM

Avene's skincare line is just perfect for sensitive skin types and Avene Thermal Water is no exception. It is so refreshing to spray this all over my face during the warmer months and it is even more refreshing to see that it does not irritate my skin. My skin absorbs this almost immediately and it helps to calm my skin when I suffer from slight rosacea.

It has several other uses too; it works wonders for setting makeup. I find it gives me a dewy look when I use it after I finish applying makeup. Not only that, it can be used as an additional step to complete your cleansing routine.

Trust me when I say this product will leave you with soothed, plumped skin.

on 11/28/2007 12:44:00 AM

I love this thermal water way more then vichy and evian as I actually find it calms my skin.. The whole avene line is amazingly sensitive, and my skin just drinks it up!
I like using this to set my makeup, and to freshen up during the day... It's a wonderful product and would recommend this one out of the three.

on 11/26/2007 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

At first I didn't know what to do with this, and I asked an MA and she told me all the uses for it, one being to spray on infected piercings. Let me tell you, this works wonders in calming skin infections. If you have body piercings, they tend to get infected from time to time, and this soothes the skin and helps to clear out any infection.
I also use this a lot after exfoliating, because my sensitive skin gets very blotchy, red and irritated. Apply before moisturizer, so that you get the calming effect and extra moisture. Will repurchase indefinitely.

on 11/20/2007 1:40:00 PM

I have very sensitive skin, and the best thing I can say about Avene Thermal Water is that it doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts. I love the spray bottle, the nice thick spray is so refreshing. It sets my mineral makeup perfectly, and it's something I can count on to calm my breakouts and not aggravate my sensitive skin. Mostly I use it to set my foundation, occasionally I'll use it as a pick me up in the afternoon as I work in a humid environment all day. I don't really use it as a toner, my True Clarifying Tonic would be upset if I cheated on it. All in all, a very nice product... a luxury, but not a necessity.

on 11/15/2007 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this every day for some years now and cannot do without it. I use on my face after every wash to calm the skin. I also use as a freshner in the summer. This is one product that every woman should have in her cabinet....

on 11/6/2007 12:37:00 AM

i love this product and i've been using it every day for a while. I have tried many thermal waters on the market, and this is one of my faves. To be fair, my skin finds not much difference between this and the Vichy thermal water. Its YMMV, though with these products because I have had an awful experience with La Roche Posay.

Anyway, I think its an excellent product because it does soothe my skin and makes it feel fresh. It seems that they put a lot of care into this product, and it has a long history of skin care use. The packaging is nice as well, and it comes in a small, medium, and big size, i believe. So its easy to get a small one for travel/beach/etc.

on 11/4/2007 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After cleansing I spray my face with Avene's thermal water and then blot off with Shiseido's facial cotton.

I know it sounds silly to spray your face with water, but I find it to be very refreshing and it doesn't make my skin breakout or dry out.

I've also tried LRP's thermal water, which was OK, but I think Avene's spray gives a slightly finer mist.

on 10/28/2007 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Thermal Spring Waters like Avene's and LRP's are great to use as a toner, for travelling, to freshen up during the day etc. They calm down the skin, esp. sensitive skins because they contain a variety of minerals and trace elements. Thermal Spring Waters vary in amount of minerals and in the different kinds of minerals and trace elements. It's up to your particular skin to decide which brand you like best; my skin seems to prefer LRP Thermal Water Spray. Avene Thermal Water has a low mineral content (207 mg/l), is rich in Silica (14 mg/l), which leaves a soothing barrier over the skin, and has a pH of 7.5 which is close to neutral. It contains trace minerals like Iron, Manganese, Zinc, and Copper. Gentle, effective and affordable!

Popular Face Skincare Products