April 16, 2014 | 1867 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by lit0laura

love love love love this foundation!
I am NC25-ish and my shade is 842 Medium Beige.

Warning - this foundation does oxidize a bit, so buy a shade lighter.

This foundation has AMAZING staying power. Lasted on my face for hours and hours (i have combo skin) and looks very natural. It works well as a concealer.

Coverage wise, this foundation is medium to full coverage. Although it can be built up to be full coverage, it still shows my natural skin under neath? Don't know how to describe it, but it looks incredibly natural, like its my real skin.

Love the finish, matte but doesn't make my face look cakey or fake. However, when first applied, for the first 10-15 minutes or so, my face does look dry. Maybe because I don't have a primer? Not sure, but my t-zone does look pretty dry. This foundation is amazing for oily/combo skin, but stay away if you have dry skin, because it'll look extremely dry.

4/5, because it does oxidize, and looks cakey at first
overall an amazing product

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Yessysbeautyreview

I have oily skin and it does not control my oil i tend to get really shiny on my nose but i like the foundation because it doesnt brake down on me all you need to do is blot off the oil and problem solved but one thing i disliked was the color selection and how it Oxidizes on me but other than that its a good foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Keribell74

First off, I hate covergirl makeup period, but I heard so much positive things about this foundation I thought I'd give it a try. ..I hated it. I went for classic ivory but that was wayy too dark for my NC20 skin, then I got the Ivory shade. It wasn't too dark or too light, but it had a pink undertone.. Clumsy me, lost my receipt so now I was stuck with it. Figured well, I could use it for under my eyes, since salmon colors counter act dark circles. It worked nicely and fully concealed my under eyes. It was great until I broke out on a painful pimple under my eye.. Read the ingredients on the label and it contained talc, dimethicone, and the type of sunscreen they use is known to cause breakouts, this thing was loaded with pore cloggers! I went straight to the kitchen sink and dumped it down the drain, cleaned the bottle out and plan to recycle it and use it for my revlon colorstay. Bottom line, if you have fair yellow undertoned skin, don't use this. If you have acne prone skin, DON'T use this! Only reason why I didn't give it a one star is because of the packaging. I really like the pump and the fact that I was able to use it for a better foundation that doesn't contain a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by gwynisnotonfire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying that I was very impressed with this product when I first started using it, and I still am. The finish of this product is matte, which is wonderful for people with oily skin. My skin is dry so that isn't much of a target issue for me. Nonetheless, that is a great bonus for summer. The coverage is pretty full; it isn't like 'instant perfection; screw concealer' full but it is definitely enough coverage for most days. My skin is pretty clear for the most part (do note that this is a recent change as I am very prone to acne, but I finally got my holy grail skin care figured out), but I do get the occasional blemish and I do have scarring to cover, both of which are concealed easily with this foundation. If I need a bit more coverage in one place, I can use a small bit of this as a concealer. I give it points for versatility!

The lasting power of this product is impressive. I live in a very hot climate (I am talking an average of 117 degrees in the summer months) and this lasts the entire day, perhaps 10 hours, on me with little need for touch ups, which is impressive. It never looks shiny, but I am dry-skinned so I am not the best judge of this, or oily during the day and doesn't melt off in the intense heat and sun.

The are two reasons I marked this foundation down a bit. The first, and biggest, reason is the color range. While I know I am in the minority for my skin tone, this fondation doesn't really have a light enough shade. I am very fair. I am talking Casper the Ghost or the literal embodiment of sunscreen type of fair. If I work the foundation in really well and carry it down a lot or mix it with a white foundation, I can make it work; I have the lightest shade, 805 Ivory, but I still think that the line should accommodate those of us with very light skin as well as those with very dark complexions.

The second reason I marked this foundation off is that it can look a little cakey. I don't use a lot, usually just one pump (by the way, major props for having a pump!), to do my whole face. I blend it out a lot, but the foundation can occasionally look a little heavy and can cling to crevices and dry patches. It isn't enough to deter me from using it, but it is an inconvenience.

Overall, for the great price, this product is very good. Even by the high end standard, this products stacks up really well. I am very impressed with it and I will continue to repurchase this, but I would appreciate a better shade selection. I hope you found this review somewhat helpful!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by lovesam101289

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is AMAZING!!! When I first tried it out, I hated it. it was thick on my face the color was off and the wear was terrible, so I put it away and forgot about it. when summer rolled around I had ran out of my Revlon Colorstay so I pulled this one out again and this time around fell in love with it. I use a damp Beauty Blender to pat it into my skin and I love the finish.

On me its a natural matte finish, not powdery like Revlon Colorstay. This foundation stays put on my oily skin for 4-5 hours before I need to touch up. Coverage wise its not full, full coverage but its full enough for me to wear on a day to day bases. The color I wear is 857 golden tan, compared to mac foundation I'm and NW43. The reason this foundation gets a 4 out of 5 is because of the color match, I wish this foundation was a bit more yellow based. I'm half Korean and have very yellow/olively skin, but I can still get away it with when I add my bronzer and blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

This foundation is absolutely amazing. Hands down my favorite foundation currently. Revlon Colorstay has always been my favorite foundation and I have to say, Cover Girl is better. This foundation keeps my skin much more matte. If you have oily skin, you NEED to give this foundation a try! I would say I get a good 12 hours of wear out of this foundation in "comfortable" temperatures and maybe 8-10 in more hot temperatures. This foundation lasts longer on me than my Kat Von D foundation or any other high-end foundation!

For reference I wear the shade 805 Ivory and I use the Sonia Kashuk Buffing Brush to apply it. This brush is amazing!!

PROS:
-has never broken me out
-SPF 20
-it has a pump!
-beautiful matte finish
-keeps me shine-free and flawless ALL DAY
-medium/full coverage
-last comfortably for 10-14 hours on my oily skin

CONS:
-tricky to find your shade... Sometimes dries darker on my skin after being applied
-can cling to dry patches if you haven't properly moisturized
-my last bottle dried out on me when it was about 3/4 empty... It was very difficult to blend and was super drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by JackieeT

SO I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!
wow this is my new favourite drugstore foundation. This is a more thick foundation and has amazing coverage. With a powder it will stay on all day, it may become oily and fade a bit but pretty much stays on. I do not wear concealer or a primer when i wear this just powder and blush and I'm good to go. ONE PROBLEM the lightest shade ivory oxidizes like no tomorrow. When i first put it on i was so impressed..... and then it started to look orange in natural light :( I'm hoping to find ways to make it lighter any suggestions message me!!! However I still love to wear it I just don't put on a lot to avoid looking crazy orange or a bad spray tan EW
Pros
-super bendable
-medium to full coverage
-inexpensive
-widely available
-easy to apply quick
-good staying power
-I don't become a oily hot mess
-has a pump THANKYOU COVERGIRL
Cons
-oxidizes BEWARE
-for lighter skin tones hard to match skin
-lid gets really messy
Well i highly recommend this product to everyone except fair skintones!!! GO OUT AND TRY IT NOW
xx jackie

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't used drugstore foundation in AGES. However, I have been recently visiting the tanning salon to nix out some eczema and my skin tone is WAY off from my regular foundations. I didn't feel like spending a ton of cash on new foundation, so I decided to give this stuff a shot.

IMO, this foundation is above and BEYOND MAC's studio fix fluid. It really does have all day staying power. While I do find myself getting a tad bit shiny, it is NOTHING compared to other matte foundations. However, I use NYX's mattifying primer as well and I can go a good 7 hours before I start to get shiny.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ML81

Looks nasty on my oily skin will not buy this foundation again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll likely update this review later, as this is my first day using it.
First off, the packaging: Words cannot even express how happy I am that this drugstore foundation has a pump! With my L'Oreal True Match and Revlon Colorstay it always feels a bit wasteful to me to pour it out on the back of my hand (which may be my own fault for being pretty bad at estimating how much product i'll need, whereas "pump and a half" or "one pump" is more memorable for getting the most out of my product) not to mention having to be especially careful about storing them because they leak like nobody's business. Basically, the pump is a HUGE pro for me! I also like that the lid isn't thin plastic, so it's less likely to crack.

Color and coverage: I was pretty happy with my color match, and i purchased 825 Buff Beige. I'm a W3 Nude Beige in L'Oreal True Match. It was very blendable for me (I used a sponge). As far as the coverage goes i'd say it starts out as a medium but is definitely buildable, as I was able to get it to cover my dark spots from past acne pretty well. I did notice it oxidized a bit on my face as the day went on but only very slightly. After around 4 hours i noticed some shininess coming through on the sides of my nose and my forehead just a little (the oiliest parts of my face) but I was able to powder lightly and then I was fine.

Overall i'm giving this 4 lippies because i like it a lot! I'll give it a 5 once i've used it for a while and made sure it doesn't break me out/do anything weird on my face.