L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 11/6/2012 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received a sample of this product, so I cannot comment on the price or the packaging.
Upon opening i really liked the "primer-y" consistency of this product, however, it was a little on the runny/watery side.
The deal breaker for me was the color. It looked grey-ish when you first squirt it out, but once you rub it in its SO ORANGE!! there was no salvaging it,

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I liked the feel and wearability. I liked the packaging. I liked the finish. Seriously, this is a terrific product except for one issue.

The color.

I bought the "Light" color and it left a smooth, soft matte finish and minimized imperfections. If it weren't for the extreme peach-orange tint, I'd consider this excellent for wearing alone or layering with other products. Unfortunately, deep peach-orange it is.

I tried to "work with it," but gave up after a while. There's only so much you can do to correct a bad color and I can't be bothered with that kind of maintenance for what is supposed to be casual makeup.

I would definitely consider purchasing again if the color selection improved.

P.S. -- L'Oreal performs animal testing on its cosmetics.

on 11/6/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like to go sans make-up but thought a BB would help a bit. I read the MUA reviews so knew to expect a dry, gritty feel. The look was okay but after day 3, I began to see patchy redness under my skin. I don't have that sensitive of skin. I stopped using the product and the red cleared up after a couple of days. Too bad. I do use Retin A (.025) 5 x per week and maybe the combo was not good.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

All in all does nothing for my skin, actually made it drier and mask like. Returning it.

on 11/4/2012 5:53:00 PM

I'm going to return this product.

I wasn't expecting so much color from a BB cream. The color does not spread or show up evenly.

PROS
Great price, nice packaging
CONS
Orange color, uneven color
And, I looked worse than with bare skin

on 11/3/2012 5:42:00 PM

This is my first BB Cream so I wasn't sure what to expect. I bought it in fair and it's it's very light and after my first application I hated it.

I wasn't about to give up however, and I kept playing with it. I'm using it now as my day-to-day go to for coverage. I build it up and apply a light dusting of my mineral powder in my skintone which brings up the color... all in all I'm very happy with this product I just wish it were in a bigger tube.

on 10/29/2012 12:56:00 AM

This stuff is awesome! I was amazed at how much it covered and how nice the color blended into my skin. I even got compliments from my family- they said my skin looked "airbrushed"! The only down side is that it does feel heavy on your skin. It felt like my regular medium coverage foundation. I have oily skin and it didn't keep it completely matte but didn't look TOO oily either so that's good. Overall, awesome product.

on 10/27/2012 6:01:00 PM

Wow! I used a free sample and was stunned with the results. My skin tone is so uneven with light, dark, and red spots. This cream immediately evened out my skin and I was able to get away with just tinted moisturizer! A++

on 10/26/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

To me this is really just a fantastic primer, or product to even out complexion.

Pros:
Inexpensive
Almost no coverage, yet skin looks better.

Cons:
Does not do very much, and I think marketed as a primer would be better, but hey, everything is about the BB creams so I gues that explains the marketing approach. Still not a bad product.

on 10/26/2012 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I thought I would need the medium, but it was always sold out. The lady at Target gave me the advice that coverage was very sheer, so I could build the pigment. She was right! I went with the Deep shade and it's perfect. The medium would have been too light. I like a sheer coverage with a little powder on top. This works for me, having combo/oily sensitive skin. Mac NC35.