October 22, 2014 | 1993 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by x2990x

Well I've tried the Maybelline Bb cream before, and compares to this its crap. I absolutely love this product, nice to apply and smells good!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This oxidized so bad on me within 5 minutes of application. It went on beautifully and evened out my complexion. However, I noticed as I was doing the rest of my makeup that my face started looking darker and orange. Initially I thought I'd overdone my blush/bronzer, but when I used a tissue to dab at my face to remove some of the color, it had straight up orange stains on it. If you have combo/oily skin, beware! I also don't like that it doesn't contain SPF, so you have to wear a separate moisturizer with SPF or sunscreen if you want sun protection while wearing this.

For reference, I wore this in Light and am MAC NC30, NARS Alaska/Punjab, and Shiseido O20.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by vivi1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is insanely good. It comes out white on your fingers with little balls- kind of like an exfoliator. When you work it into your skin the balls pop and out comes a colour that pretty much instantly blends in with your skin tone and creates the most flawlessly natural coverage.

I have acne scarring and overall pretty horrible skin tone (uneven, pale etc) but this product was like a second skin and made my skin glow without looking greasy. And it retailed for $26 (here in Australia) so I'm happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Unlike any other BB cream I've tried (and I've tried many from Korea, Japan, and the USA), this one dispenses watery and milky white, with tiny visible gold beads (gentle, grainy texture when rubbed in) in it that apparently pop and change the color of the fluid when rubbed into the skin, so this already begins to oxidize within about 5 seconds rubbing into the skin. This may be a concern for color matching because it doesn't quite "adjust to your skin tone"—more like sets to a significant shade darker than what you'd probably expect. Light missed my light-medium skin tone by going one slight shade darker. It looks more like medium, so these shades may run darker over all and I suggest going one shade up from what you would normally use, unless you're going for the bronzed look.

Light also leans warm, so while light has worked for me on the light/warm spectrum, Light may not match to those with cool undertones. The coverage is most definitely sheer and incredibly lightweight, but of every American drugstore BB I have tried so far, this somehow did the best job at evening skin tone and minimizing the look of pores! It is also buildable after it has finished oxidizing, so I dab just a tiny bit more on problem areas. A little bit of this product goes a long way, so I apply with my fingers and just dot it around the face before blending it.

I dusted a yellow-based setting powder over it to lighten the color to my own, and it was perfect. However, this BB, unlike dewy-finish Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, happens to set to a natural matte finish (not dull, dry matte; it looks clean and fresh), so the setting powder actually isn't necessary unless perhaps you have oily skin or just want extra insurance setting your base makeup. Without powder, this has given me coverage of around 11 hours throughout which I have lightly blotted 4 times, so roughly every 3 hours.

This BB lives up to its claims to perfect, correct, and prime so far, but it also has minimal hydration benefits that someone such as myself with combo-oily skin can appreciate, against Garnier's super-slick Skin Renewal BB Cream. However, because the L'oreal formula is more watery in consistency, not even a cream, the hydrating effects may not be enough for those with drier skin so a separate moisturizer might be needed (or just try Garnier's BB, which dry skin types will love). Lastly, unlike the typical Asian BB cream, L'oreal's BB does not tout any sun protection, but as far as their claims go, they didn't over-promise. Just wear a separate sunscreen underneath.

The L'oreal Magic BB comes in a 1oz (30ml) tube for $8 at Walmart to $11 at Ulta. It seems small and expensive, but Skinfood's cheapest BB creams are around $7 for 30ml for sheer, nearly invisible coverage, and 20ml Missha BB creams in generally gray tones with whitening properties retail for $9–17. I can't say yet that L'oreal's Magic BB will provide long-term skin care benefits, but if you're looking for the 4 immediate ones—prime, perfect, correct, and hydrate—have relatively normal/combo skin, and can find a good color match, this is actually a pretty good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by vixontips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOOOOOVE L'Oreal BB cream! Its light and untinted which is great for my fair, oily skin and leaves my face looking fresh and air-brushed. I'd recommend this product to anyone looking for a good BB cream!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by morganmarie19

Love this product! I've always been a tinted moisturizer kind of girl. I like my skin natural but with just a little bit of coverage to get a smooth, even look. Foundation for me is just way too much. But I saw that all of the makeup companies were really hitting on this "BB Cream" fad, so I took a chance and tried it out. I love this stuff. It's like a primer and tinted moisturizer in one. It comes out white with beads in it and just blends into your skin. I'm really pale and the fair color matches just fine. It gives me a smooth, even face, and what I really love about this that tinted moisturizer doesn't do, is that this bb cream covers over pores and HUGELY minimizes them. Which is perfect for my large pores. I just apply a translucent powder over this and I'm good to go. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Cookie1986

I bought in fair because L'oreal usually has good color matches to my skin, very light and not too orange. I was so excited to try it I put it on in my car before driving home (I was wearing minimal makeup) This came out of the tube as white but then as I put it on my face it looked too dark for my skin. I have very fair skin. It was scratchy when I put it on my skin, and made me worry about using it everyday because I never use physical exfoliants on my face. I heard physical exfoliants can cause tiny tears in your skin.
Anyway, the coverage was pretty light, it smoothed out my complexion and I liked that it had vitamin C in it. It made me look pretty. It was not moisturizing for me though. Gave me a powdery finish.
I had a bad reaction that I never got before from a makeup or moisturizer. I have mildly sensitive skin but tolerate most products well. The second day, I put this on freshly washed and moisturized skin. I noticed at the end of the day I had little red dots on my eyelids and cheekbones and little bumps on my chin. I was worried my skin was ruined forever. I'm ok now but my chin is still blotchy looking where the bumps were. I don't know what is in this that could cause a reaction.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by AmberKay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this as a moisturizer/primer. On its own, not nearly enough coverage. But I use it under whatever foundation/bb cream/whatever I'm using that day and it creates a great barrier for my skin. I've noticed my skin looks better since I've started using this. Not an omigahd, tv commercial difference, but enough to notice.

I really like the exfoliating feeling when I put it on too. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rhalfaker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Usually my pores look pretty larger with whatever my foundation of the moment is.. I've tried so many primers and moisturizers with no change that I just figured it was a fact of life that I would have a less-than-ideal finish. However I went to my local drug store and holy moly. I saw this product, I had some extra cash, and I remember reading about BB creams and their "magical" effects. I took it home, tried it on and oh my gosh, it was a miracle worker. My pores literally vanished before my eyes, and my entire face seemed to even out. I do have pretty reddish/splotchy areas, so when I put some foundation over this product, my skin ended up looking air brushed. I am so happy with this product and I recommend you give it a shot!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a free sample of this in the mail. It supposed to hydrate, prime, perfect, and correct. The consistency reminds me of a tinted moisturizer. It has very poor coverage, so you'd have to have nearly perfect skin to begin with. I don't like how you have to rub it into your skin for the color to appear and it's too dark anyway when it said "light." I'm sure it's moisturizing, but sure doesn't stay on long. Blah.