Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 5/20/2004 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really like this cleanser. I have "normal"/combination skin. I have used Murad, Clinique, Mary Kay, among others and this works just as well (for me). I think it would be worth trying for the cost. I didn't break out at all! I guess it's different for everyone. I also use the moisturizer.

on 5/14/2004 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is in a great dispensing container. It was plastic and had a good lid on it. I love the foaming of the cleanser and the feel of it on the skin. I do have acne prone skin and found that this did not do anything to aid in the clarity of my blemishes. I did pair it with the toner, which I found was quite refreshing and gentle on the skin. For the complete system, it was not worth my money, but if you are looking for a cleanser for "normal" skin, this would be a good choice.

on 4/29/2004 5:50:00 PM

i personally have never used this product- and never will after what it did to my sister's face. she developed a rash which scabbed on her t-zone. it was awful, and she doesn't even have sensitive skin. maybe it was the salycilic acid. whatever it was, it was just ugly. if you even think you might react to this one, don't try it.

on 4/19/2004 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I had experienced a chin breakout which I never get(I suspect evening primrose oil supplements). I have used this cleanser for a week(only at night) and the chin breakout has cleared, however, I have the scars as a reminder. I have never been able to tolerate a BHA but 0.5% works for me!

*update* Didn't like this cleanser, too harsh on my face, really dried it out. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 4/16/2004 11:17:00 AM

I bought this cleanser by accident when I meant to purchase the Skin Clarifying Cleanser. Initially, I thought that maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all since the product contained salycic acid used to treat blemishes. HOWEVER, after using this just twice, my skin got worse! I have combo skin, but the foaming cleanser made my face oiler and breakouts easier. I still have the bottle in its almost-brand spanking new condition and it'll just be sitting in my medicine cabinet...

on 4/8/2004 10:30:00 AM

As other reviewers have noted, this cleanser is very drying. I have normal to combo oily/normal skin and this was just way too drying for use every day. Might be good if you have super oily skin, but not for normal to combo skin.

on 3/24/2004 11:40:00 AM

this is a great gentle cleanser that can be used daily. i think it's probably best for clear skin. leaves skin feeling fresh and clean.

on 3/24/2004 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The foaming cleanser did feel nice on my face. It does not dry out the skin nor make it feel oily. It does not burn the eyes and removes all makeup. However I did not see any clearing of my skin as it states.

on 3/10/2004 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was using a Dermatologist prescribed acne wash and other topical treatments and had a reaction to something so I ceased using this and decided to try this by Aveeno in the interim. IT WORKED WONDERS... my skin feels clean, soft, and looks better than it did before. I did not excpect this at all! For a small price, I got great results compared to what I was spending with my derm cleanser alone.