July 25, 2014 | 1704 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

I like the darker colors in this palette, but the lighter ones are very chalky on my nc42 skintone. With a 4.99 price tag...No big loss. Nice to have in my collection, but I doubt I will be wearing this palette much. I prefer the Blue Had Me At Hello palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Raven2322

I found this product the other day when it came back into stock at my walgreens. I'd heard so many good reviews and I'd been on the hunt for it. I have to say I love the bottom right definer color, love love love it. It's one of the main reasons I bought this palette. I saw a swatch and had to have it. The formula is very soft and I've only had a little fall out. I will say I wish they weren't all shimmery, but that's because I don't like to have a full shimmer eye. Other than that, great product, for a great price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Seeing how much hype was around this palette you can imagine that I was super excited to receive this in a swap. The pigment and texture is fantastic as it is with all WnW eyeshadows, but the colors aren't as pretty as I thought they were going to be :(. Some of them are dupes of the Naked Palette... my favorite shade is the light green. Also, there's a very strange color in the bottom right corner... It's reddish-brown with a green sheen =X. Very weird... I'm not sure how I would use it. All in all, I know I will get some use out of this but it's not an HG like I thought it would be =\.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Schni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This palette is such a bargain!
It is so cheap and the quality is really good. The colors are extremly pigmented and soft. The color selection is great too. Only downside is that there is fallout...
Other then that the palette is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ryan1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palette picked it up at walgreens the other day and when i used it boy was i impressed the first day i used it, it held up to an 11.5 hour work day no touch ups in the middle and by time i got home it still looked perfect but mind you that was also with UDPP. The colors are gorgeous and you can make sooo many looks out of this one palette. All the colors are very pigmented and buttery smooth. Iv been using it everyday since iv gotten it so i most likely will go back for a backup!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors are great in this palette. If you are new to makeup I'd pick this up. Or if you are like me and want to experiment with cheaper colors before spending more. There are a few negatives...the colors do not stay on all day. Even with a primer, I had to retouch in the afternoon. The bottom left (copper) is so creamy that it smeared like crazy on my eyes. That color also broke in the pan after 1 use. The green side stayed on my eyes better, but I still had to retouch. For the most part I'm happy with it, but I won't buy another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

I love this palette! The first three colors on the left side remind me of the trio "Egyptian Sands," which i've been desperately wanting to dupe, since "Egyptian Sands" was the first eyeshadow palette i ever bought. Ah, nostalgia. The left side of the palette definitely leans warm, while the right side mostly leans cool with the greens.

Also, the MAC Club dupe (4th shade on the right side) is gorgeous!

Edit: These shadows are insanely fragile. The darkest color on the left got a little chip in it, and now every time i open/close the shadow flakes and gets all over the other shadows. While i still think it's a good palette, i would not repurchase it and will probably have to throw it out or depot the shadows (which i'm reluctant to do in case they break and get over the shadows in my palette).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I live in Australia so I had to buy these palettes online. It still worked out to be dirt cheap. The quality is beyond anything I've ever used! I can also wear all of these shadows, unlike the Blue Had Me At Hello palette (they need a bit of tweaking as they don't quite suit my neutral-warm complexion and hazel eyes). The duochrome is amazing! I'm so glad I bought these. I've since gone on to purchase the Color Icon trios. I love that they'd co-ordinated the colours since I'm a newbie with eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a great palette of earth tones, even if it weren't $5, as if a classic quad of neutral brown shimmers moved next door to a quirkier set of neutrals, still wearable, but with green undertones. More thoughtfully put together than UD Naked palette, quite a feat for eight colors.

The left side begins with a white gold, not unlike Nylon, but with a sparkle that breaks up the frost, so on the skin it's more of a sparsely glittering effect than an even frost; too sparkly for the browbone, if you follow WnW's suggestion, but quite festive on the lid with a slick of liquid liner. Next, comes a metallic rose gold, more pink than yellow, so it goes on like a beige with twist, followed by bronze shimmered with a little gold. Not the most intriguing colors, but useful, and on the right skin tone, would double as a highlighter. Finally, a dark smoked out brown with a faint plum undertone; the copper flecks make it seem special, but they don't register on the skin unless you make an effort, so it's really quite a standard expresso. The green side starts with a silver shimmer, blunted by the perfect amount of taupe to turn it warm, and in some lights, it picks up a creamy, pinkish sheen. The most colorful shade in the octect, a spring green shimmer dusted with gold, comes next. The olive-looking shade is really a soft charcoal, flecked with gold; it's no Erika F by a long shot. Finally, the Club dup, a warm cocoa brown with a bluish green holographic iridescence.

From the texture, I'd say Comfort Zone emulates Stila or Shiseido, which tend to be soft and creamy, while the shades themselves recall MAC. In spite of the impressive longevity, texture, and payoff, the pigments are not so finely milled as that of a high-end shadow. I like this palette, it's a positive step in the right direction. However, I do not find equivalent to luxury eyeshadows: the finish is somewhat coarse, they apply unevenly (you can see the brush strokes), so consequently they require much more involved blending.

14 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by paulamwiggins

Well, Wet N Wild has done it again! I am so continually impressed with the quality of their shadows!
I mean, really, $5 for eight full-sized shades of such high quality? It makes my inner bargain-hunter jump up and down while clapping hands together.

Yes, the packaging is not the best. But something has to give to keep it so dirt cheap. I care much more about the quality of the shadows, which in my opinion are second to none.

Regarding the color selection, I'm neutral-toned with blue eyes, leaning to cool, and seven of the eight shades work for me with no problem. The only one that was a bit too warm was the peachy shade second from the top on the left (brown) side. All the rest were perfect for my coloring.

The pigmentation is wonderful. In fact, watch out for the darker shades, because a little goes a VERY long way. You may end up with a much more dramatic look than you intended if you pick up too much on the brush!

I agree with others that it would have been nice to include a few matte shades, but that's not a deal-breaker for me. The lighter shades are light enough and the shimmer subtle enough that I can still pull it off if I blend well and use good brushes.

(As a side note, I love the WnW single in Brulee, which is a perfect vanilla matte shade that instantly meets that need for me...and it's $1.99.)

Overall, I think this palette is back-up worthy. It's hard to see any down side to this purchase. Go for it!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No