October 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Mees

I've been hunting for this product ever since P&G released news on this new product!! Sadly it took a couple of months after the U.S. release for Canadians to get this product and I must say.. I'm so happy I finally got my hands on it. It's been weeks of using this product that I realize how well it was! I have acne prone skin with dry flakes (yes i know.. BOO acne medication!) and this product exfoliated away all my dead skin cells, making my skin smooth and clean to the touch. My acne scarring and acne itself has diminished dramatically. This gets rid of all the excess oil from the long stressful days I have, and all the bacteria from being around so many people at school. Before using this I tested out the Sephora cleansing brush (not the clarisonic but the cheap handheld plastic one) and although it did exfoliate to a certain extent.. the brushes were too long, flimsy, and scratchy compared to this cleansing system! Because my local drugstore was having all these good deals I was able to snag this product for only 17.99!! (10$ off $50 purchase+additional 15% - i just bought groceries and other necessities to make it 50) so i find it a real steal. my skin has been feeling more healthy and clean.. if you wear foundation this is a great system for cleaning your makeup off! musttt have if you have dry/oily skin! I use my own cleanser/exfoliatiator scrub for this system and it makes my cleanser work right into my skin like it should but 10x more effective. One of my greatest purchases yet for my face routine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by LydiaKrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been hearing such good things about the Clairsonic Mia, but I just can't afford it. I remember my mom using a spinning-head cleaning tool and she always had lovely skin, so when I heard about the Olay Pro-x cleaner, I really wanted to try that out and see if it made a difference for my skin, and WOW -- I noticed a difference the very first day I used it!

I am fair skinned, and have large pores around my nose and between my eyes -- they tend to get dirty and look even larger. I don't go for facials as often as I used to (again, $$) and I miss that totally cleansed look I would have when I left... that is what the Olay tool gives me!

After I wash my face, my pores are all cleaned out and look much smaller (I know they are not, but without dirt they are less defined so they look smaller!). My skin is very smooth and seems to absorb moisturizer better/faster, too.

It took me about a week to get used to using it and find the pattern and amount of cleanser to use, etc. (I only use it once a day, at night.) At first I was scrubbing it around on my face too harshly, not letting the tool do the work for me. My skin dried out a bit as a result, and felt a bit stingy even after moisturizer. Now, I have settled into just moving it over my skin ONCE (not back and forth) and not pressing down on the brush head, just letting the bristles do the work -- that has made a big difference.

I think at first I got too excited about the deep cleaning it was doing, and wanted to help along the scrubbing action! :)

I haven't used the exfoliator sample that came with the tool -- just my own cleanser, so can't comment on that part. However, I am very pleased with the cleaning tool, and I like that the brush head is replaceable for about $4-$5. At night I spin the extra water off, blot it on the same washcloth I used to pat my face dry, and store it in a glass and it dries out pretty quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Olay Pro X cleansing system is a good. It's not amazing but it's pretty good. I have very dry, sensitive skin and I found the cleanser that came in the set to be too harsh for my skin. It dried me out. I haven't used any other cleansing tools like Clarisonic or Derma Nu so I can't compare the Olay to the expensive brands. What I really like about this system is the brush. I have had great success using it with my Philosophy purity made simple cleanser. I always washed my face with my hands and that was it. After using this device, I see how much makeup is left on my skin. This gets my skin very clean and soft. I put on moisturizer right after I use this and I'm happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it!! Had been wanting this for awhile. I have sensitive skin and was skeptical about buying this. Thought it may be too harsh for my face. I decided to give it a try. Bought it from Walgreens when they had a special going where you got a free full sized cleanser with it valued at twenty dollars. I figured if I didnt like it I could return it.. Well ladies let me tell you. I am madly in love with it and it is the best beauty purchase I have made in quite awhile I was worried about trying it with the exfoliating cleanser it came with because my skin is soo sensitive. I decided to try it and had amazing results! It made my skin smooth and soft and was not harsh at all. As soon as I ran out of the sample tube of cleanser I went and got the full sized one. I use this brush twice a day. In the mornings I use it with the creamy cleanser and evenings the exfoliating cleanser. I have had no problems with drying or over exfoliating. I actually look forward to using this everyday! I use it in the shower in the mornings and the bath at night. Its great it is water resistant and can be used in the shower. I have always hated washing my face at the sink. Have to put my hair back, water drips all over the place. Im sure you ladies have had the same thing happen to you. I highly reccomend you get this. It is a safe , gentle way to get your skin smooth and radiant!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE. The best thing ever. Gets rid of acne, flaking, dryness, everything!! It cleanses deep deep down and does wonders for my skin. I've been using it for a while now and i LOVE it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

My facialist uses a Clarisonic brush during her facials so I decided to give this a shot. The Olay version is nowhere near as powerful. The Clarisonic feels like it has torque and actual supersonic cleansing action whereas this one is more gentle and even the high speed is not that high. That may make it better for sensitive skin, but unfortunately, using it once a day (at night) has dried out my skin like crazy. I have flakies on my cheeks now and my skin is not normally dry. I don't know if it's the brush or the cleanser but I'm cutting back to using it a few times a week.
I bought mine for $27.50 with free shipping on Amazon.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by llccdc

Finally sprung for this and am satisfied. The brush is very gentle and I believe that it is helping clear a deep blemish that I've had for months and couldn't heal. (I also started using the Olay Night Elixir, which is also very good). Recently, I had an expensive facial where she used the Clarisonic and it kind of hurt my face; it was pretty intense. I prefer the Olay for everyday exfoliation on my sensitive, aging skin. I can tell a difference in the brightness and texture of my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by xCM0SSx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleaning system about 2 months ago & I'm so glad that I did! The first 3 days that I used it (twice a day) I didn't see any results. Just redness, Then I decided I would only use it once a day. About my skin, I have extremely dry and flakey skin. In the past I would exfoliate twice a week and still nothing would change. But as soon as I started using this once a day everyday, my skin has never looked of felt better! My moisterizer goes on and absorbs so quickly and in the morning my makeup looks flawless. No more flakes around the nose and mouth! I love this! It has saved my skin! It has also calmed my acne so I'm not breaking out as often as I had in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mjrodri

I'm quite anal when it comes to hygiene and as most of us on MakeUpAlley I am worrying in my young years about the condition of my skin within the next 40! For a while I had considered purchasing a Clarisonic to, you know, attempt to buy some time and delay the aging process and of course combat zits because who am I kidding I'm in my mid twenties not tweens! A friend recommended this little apparatus and I thought how are you going to send me to purchase an item that is not even 1/4 the cost of the real one! Well, I'm glad I have a tendency to listen to suggestions. This gadget has given me the smoothest skin I've had since elementary, no joke I was breaking out then too! What has got me stuck on this for years to come is that fact that I no longer need to wear cream or liquid foundation on a daily basis. I have the best results with my current compact thanks to Olay. Love Love It!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been lusting after this since it came about but couldn't find it anywhere near me until this week. I have used it twice so far: once with the included sample cleanser (the sample it comes with is VERY generous, and considering I would use it only once a week it will probably last me months), and once with my own. It's too early to say anything about long-term results. I have never owned a Clarisonic, so I can't compare the two. However, I am very impressed with the softness of the brush. It is not abrasive at all. I have sensitive skin and this brush works very well for me.
My own (minor) gripe is that the thing itself is not the highest quality gadget in the world, what with the battery cover being so hard to remove and the brush heads never seeming securely locked in place. That being said, I bought it for $30, and considering the price I didn't expect better quality. I am happy and satisfied with this product and would absolutely recommend it. I'm looking forward to travelling with it!