Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 3/30/2013 11:45:00 PM

Wah! :-( I don't like this one little bit. It feels too thick, I can't really work with it in terms of "layering." I use a teensy tiny little bit and it just doesn't work for me, it's too thick and difficult for me to work with. Sigh! :-(

on 3/30/2013 8:09:00 PM

PROS;
package is very sanitary (squeeze out tube)
you can control the amount of product that comes out
THE PACKAGING IS ADORABLE :-) what girl doesn't like that
does have amazing coverage

CONS;
looks cakey after a little bit, especially with oily skin
even the lightest shade is PURE YELLOW
settles into fine lines and such
depending on how you apply it it can actually make blemishes show even more

on 3/30/2013 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer. As much as I like the price, packaging, and coverage, if I leave it on my face for too long (about 8hrs) I get really bad cystic acne. To be fair, it is my fault for not removing my makeup as soon as I can but in my defense, I'm not able to. From the morning to the end of school it's already 7hrs, after that I'll go to a coffee place and by the time I get home it's been over 9hrs.

Carelessness aside, the coverage of this concealer is great. It covers up my acne and uneveness (my entire face) with less than a pea size. The most I use is about the same size and length as the power button on most smart phones and even that is too much. This concealer is definitely not light weight, when I first put it on it felt like something was weighing my face down. I'm not really sure if this has a smell, from what I know, it doesn't. I could be wrong. Trust me on this one though, if you're planning to use this under your eyes, you're going to have a bad time.

This concealer is so worth it's money. You need the smallest drop and it could cover your whole face. It doesn't have orangey undertones and leaves my blemishes invisible!

on 3/29/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

this concealer is an absolute dream . Its thick, yet blendable. Heavyduty, yet seemless. I love this , absolute HG<3

on 3/28/2013 11:08:00 AM

I am so happy that I stumbled upon this concealer. I have acne scars and pesky small breakouts that I have a tendency to pick (I know shame on me). Anywho I've been looking for a heavy duty concealer and was so excited to try this when I got home from the store! The texture is thick and VERY pigmented. I got ultra light because I tend to think I'm Snow White but I am about to go back to walmart and purchase light. Anywho, you literally only need a dot and it can cover your whole chin. Not that you'd want to unless you're red and acne scarred there like me. I use it under my eyes occasionally but as I've said it is so thick and it sinks into lines and you have to smooth it out throughout the day. Regardless, this concealer is my HG as of now. Before I had used Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda pallette (available at target) which is awesome but if you need something heavy duty for spots or pimples, you should buy this concealer (available at walmart).

PS I don't really use the concealer pencil, but I'm sure ill find some use for it!

on 3/27/2013 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I debated purchasing this - a drugstore concealer that is pigmented enough to cover tattoos? Of course the first thing I did when I got home was test that out, and sure enough it does. Applies well, blends easily, and sets fairly quickly. This is comparable to the Kat Von D lock it tattoo concealer. The only downside is that there are only 5 shade options right now. Price is great, $6 for 0.71oz of product. Will be repurchasing for sure.

on 3/27/2013 8:35:00 AM

Oh my, I LOVE this concealer!! It is a great replacement to my previous HG concealer, Jane's "No Show" concealer which has been discontinued... Back to Hard Candy's Glamoflauge: this stuff covers GREAT! It even comes with instructions to conceal tattoos, if you were interested. I have never used the little concealer pencil that this comes with, but the cream works wonders (and the size of the tube is a real deal for $7 at Walmart!!!)! I have a lentigo the size of a pencil eraser on my cheekbone, so I've always worked hard to keep it concealed. This stuff does the trick, where as most concealers just can't seem to cover on my face. I use this over primer and foundation, and under transluscent powder. Hope it never gets discontinued! *I did originally buy the "ultra light" shade, which was waaay too light--and then purchased "light" which is perfect for my skin tone.*

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the best concealer I've ever used. I get ultra light, because I'm the palest person I know, and it is perfect. It blends wonderfully, and looks flawless once done. I dot a tiny amount on, and kind of pat it in, and then feather the edges out. You can't even tell I have acne! (Ok, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it hides it really well). It's only $6 at walmart, and you get a ton. One thing - it doesn't go well over dry patches, so make sure you moisturize really well first. HG concealer for sure!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This concealer is a powerhouse no doubt. As someone with extremely pale skin (NC15 in the summer if I'm lucky!), any type of redness is readily apparent on my skin and covering it without getting a cake-y effect is hard to come by. This concealer is very pigmented, thick, and the texture is dry despite being a liquid due to the amount of color held in it. I've found the key with using this is to apply a small drop onto my hand, let it warm up a bit, and then dot it onto what I want to cover with a pointed concealer brush. Once I blend over it with my Skin79 Hot Orange BB cream, everything looks flawless and the opaque coverage looks very natural. I also appreciate that the tube is huge and will last a long time, making it a very cost effective product. I am considering mixing this with some moisturizer to see if I can make it more blendable, as it is a quick drying and very "clingy" product. The only downside to this stuff is it comes in a limited amount of shades and applying it take a bit more of a nuanced technique to get down as it's quite different from most other runny/sheerer concealers.