August 1, 2014 | 1853 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have normal skin with an oily T Zone. This base is absolute perfection in every sense of the word for me. It's coverage not too heavy nor too light. The color range is descent enough (I use beige rose-sienne.) It is not pinky or rosey as the color name might suggest. I find it on the peachy side which works well for me as I'm a medium golden undertoned w/rosiness. If I go too gold I look jaundiced, too pink will make me look grey. This base has the perfect texture: not too dry/oily. It floats on w/out pulling. It doesn't need to be powdered down if you don't like the mattness of powder (though it will increase any foundations wearability.) It always comes off looking like skin as opposed to make-up. It stays where you apply it. Everything you put on top of it looks lovely. There is a light which seems to come from within the skin the way young, transluscent, perfect skin looks. Put this on top of young, transluscent, perfect skin and you have utter flawlessness. This is one of Chanel's newer or newest foundation. It's cost is within the fourties, not bad for a Chanel base. The packaging is a bit on the cheaper looking side (plastic), but I don't mind if the extra bucks saved goes into ingredients, which this base seems to do as it is made of the newest high tech ingredients not only for the appearance it gives the skin, but adds those ingredients which are good for the skin in the first place. A treatment oriented foundation w/a flawless finish! What more could you ask for. It's made in France, which by the way not all Chanel USA make-up is made. I find French formula bases and powders to be milled finer (smaller) than others from other brands. This is not a definitive rule, but I find it more true than not.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this foundation. Let me start off by saying if your looking for a lot of coverage this is NOT the foundation for you. This gives the most natural glowing look to the skin. It doesn't cling to my dry bits or cake up anywhere. It feels like I'm not wearing any makeup, I love it! The consistency is very thin yet creamy and it just melt in the skin. I wear br10 in this which is the lightest color, I'm very pale and It's a little dark on me but I just mix a little white foundation in to fix this. I think this will be my go to spring and summer foundation. Oh, and it also LASTS all day on my skin. The only downside is the high price tag but I would pay the money again for this great foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by rpatchell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I went to get a sample of this foundation this past weekend and have been using it ever since (total of 3 days so far). For reference, I have combination skin, oily T-zone, normal cheeks, dry around the lips. I know it's only been 3 days, but honestly I don't want to finish the sample I got. My skin feels parched, as if I have a sunburn or something. This foundation stings immediately upon application around my nose, eyebrows and forehead. Then, throughout the day, my skin just feels dryer and dryer. It's now 5pm, and I can't wait to get home and wash it off (just like I did yesterday) because my skin feels feverish and is starting to sting again. I don't know if the spf in this foundation is reacting w/ my regular spf (Kate Somerville spf serum) or if it's the alcohol/scent in it. Needles to say, I don't think I'll be purchasing this one. I want to give it another shot tomorrow and skip my regular spf serum and see if it goes on better and wears better throughout the day, but I'm skeptical. The search for my HG foundation continues.
EDIT: I believe my sunscreen (Kate Somerville SPF 55 serum sunscreen) was the culprit for the stinging sensation with this foundation - now ALL my foundations burn applied over this sunscreen... GREAT! I will have to get my hands on another sample and try this out again and reevaluate my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by LittlePrincessJasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

One of my favourite high end foundations. Love the color match. Medium coverage, glides on smoothly. It smells fantastic, as all of Chanel products.
Great for normal to dry skin. Dewy finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by missmooxbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My favorite go-to foundation since I've discovered it!

It's extremely pricey, but I'm happy to say that you're not just paying for the brand name, you're actually paying for a product that works beautifully ~

This foundation has light to light medium coverage - so if you're the type of person who has a lot to cover or you just generally prefer a heavier coverage, then save yourself some money and just skip out on this foundation. BUT, if you prefer a more natural look and you want to look like you have good skin (not perfect) then I think you'd really enjoy it.

For such a light foundation, I think it has a really good coverage and I LOVE how light it feels on the skin (it seriously feels like you have nothing on). This foundation is great for evening out your skin tones and covering some minor skin discoloration/problems. It also contains SPF 15, which for everyday wear (unless you'll be exposed to the sun often) is pretty good.

The actual foundation itself is very thin and blendable, and has a semi-matte finish. It works best when applied with CLEAN hands; be sure to shake this foundation well because it does separate in the bottle (and when you think you shook it enough, shake it a couple more times just to make sure). For better coverage, I find that applying it in a "patting" motion works best as well as layering the foundation (remember though: more layers = more coverage = less natural).

The packaging is...ehhh, nothing special but nothing to complain about either; instead of a pump, it has a kind of "dropper" which does tend to get a bit dirtied up with dried foundation - but it does have a good control on how much product is dispensed.

The only negative I really have to say about this product, is that the color selection is extremely limited! I get so sad during summer because I get so dark and I'm unable to use this foundation (I'm using their darkest shade: BR50 - Beige Rose). If you're planning on purchasing/trying this foundation, I suggest you go to a mall counter that sells Chanel and actually try it out on person; although the color selection sucks, because it's so thin, it tends to match unexpectedly.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by xoJeniVeeox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this foundation today. Ive been using the NARS Sheer Glow in color Punjab and I must say that although I love my NARS, I feel that at times it can be a bit cakey on my skin. Since reading so many great reviews on the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, I decided to give it a try. This foundation is OKAY for the price. I am color B30. The coverage is really light, lighter than the NARS Sheer Glow but it does cover minor redness. I dont think this foundation would work for someone with really oily skin or really dry skin. This is definitely not for someone looking for more coverage. Honestly, this is almost identical to the Maybelline FIT me foundation. I will not repurchase this simply because if I really wanted this kind of foundation I could just get the Maybelline FIT me for a cheaper price and the same exact finish. Ill be sticking to my HG foundation, NARS Sheer Glow.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by kolee412002

This 's an extremely disappointing product. I said that coz I expect more on Chanel product. First, I've to say that I love the finish it gives to my skin which's very healthy looking. Most people do not know that I wear any kind of foundation when using this particular product. That's the only thing like about it. I'd feel that the product's cheap if it break me out. I'm not an expert on ingredients but I really do thing that all of the cheap ingredients they put in'r not worth the money. It looks super nice in the beginning but haft hour later it looks very very grease. I think I'd die if I don't have blotting paper with me. People starring at my healthy looking skin at first but then they also starring at me when they see I'm having the crazy oil on my T-zone. It'd be shamed if someone asks what foundation I use for my skin after they see how greasy looking my skin's. That's Chanel baby :( It's suck ! I get the color transfer on the blot paper, tissue, my hand, etc .. everywhere my skin touch. This makes me afraid to get close to my bf and I hate that. Why on earth I 've to be careful when pay such a high price. Totally not worthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by elfodimontagna

I did'n find anything special about it, but it is a nice sheer foudation. Only problem is the price...I'd rather spend this much money on a MUFE face &body foundation that stays on the skin till midnight!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cmalone29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I loved the look and feel of this foundation, it's a very natural satin finish and feels like velvet to the touch. The staying power was amazing, it lasted on my combonation skin from 6am - 4pm. The reason I ended up returning this foundation is because it caused my cystic acne to return and gave we white heads when I would use it. I tried this foundation multiple times to make sure it was what was braking me out because I loved it so much, and it was. If you're thinking about buying this foundation I would go ahead and try it, it's a beautiful foundation, just not right for my skin!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by jaslyngonz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it!
I applied it with the Beauty Blender
it left my skin just awesome and with a small amount for me it was worth the $45.00 at Dillard's.
I use B20 and Yesterday i applied at 11 am and took it off at 2am. it stayed all day and i did a lot of running around. I didn't apply powder i didn't need it.

If you can get go for it and get it you never go back to old foundations.
Before this i used Sephora and before that i used Lancome.

By far Chanel is the best.