April 16, 2014 | 1924 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by serialspender

Again being a serial foundation purchaser even though I was happy with my pro lumiere I had seen this advertised and thought i'd give it a go. I was matched to a B10 and really liked the feel of it, being in a rush and addicted to buying make up I bought it there and then without having seen it in natural lighting!

When I got home i used it for several days, still pleased with the overall look, i do feel that it is a little on the yellow side for my skin, i tend to work better with pinker tones and so it is a shame that you cant purchase the BR shades in the UK (I havent managed to track them down yet!)

I find that this foundation applies best when stippled with a MAC 187 as it can look a bit cakey if you use too much!

The packaging does do its job, but i dont feel that it exhubes class as a chanel product should so have marked it down for that reason...

Being very penickity with colours ( Im always searching for that perfecft match!) as the time went on I found it to look less and less like my skin tone and did end up giving it away to a friend who it suited perfectly...I do love this foundation and gave it a 4...if they would just make a greater range of shades it could have been a 5...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Kristin84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this foundation suits women who want a really natural result. I think it looked too natural on me. The positive thing about it was that it diden`t set into fine lines. I have very dry skin and it diden`t dry it out. But It diden`t stay on a whole day and since it is a very natural coverage I looked like I was`nt wearing makeup at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's good, but not as good as the original. The texture is lovely but the coverage is a bit fuller than I expected. It just doesn't get me the compliments that the original version does, and frankly I haven't really used it since I bought it - just keep going back to my same old Vitalumiere. I might try using this as a concealer instead of all over my face.

It doesn't dry my skin out at all, which is nice, but it just looks so dull and flat compared to what I'm used to.

It's worth a try if you've got oil control or acne issues, though, because oilier skins might still get some "glow" out of this and it provides coverage without feeling hideously heavy or drying. It's completely not formulated for my drier skin, though, and I should have known better. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by pimpimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging even though it doesn't look or feel expensive because it's so practical. It's light and compact for travel and the head where the product comes out can be easily cleaned (I guess I have issues with foundation bottles with a pump because it always gets clogged up, plus it's not very space efficient what with all the pump head and the lid)
Moving on to the product inside, the finish is amazing. It feels light because it is water-based but also gives good coverage. The finish is more natural if the foundation is worked into the skin by hands (sheer coverage) and gives medium coverage when used with a foundation brush. It can also be layered for better coverage. There is no need to set it with a powder because it is not greasy and the best thing about it is how nice it smells. Most foundations don't smell very nice at all. I'm on my first bottle but will definitely buy it again when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Elypixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word for this product: A gift sent from heaven above.

Weeks ago, I bought the Revlon Colorstay because of the raves. It was a full coverage foundation but the fact that it's so hard to take it off was such a turn off for me and I stayed away from the foundation because I feared that I might breakout from it (which i did)

So i was foundationless for weeks till I came across youtube make up gurus called Missglamourazzi and fleurdeforce. They raved the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua so amazingly and I was hesitating because of the price. Boy the day that i got it! I felt like I didn't put any foundation on because it's super light and even though it's light - medium coverage... The coverage is amazing or better compared to Revlon's colorstay full coverage.

I asked my dad, what do you think of my make up today? He was like, Oh you are wearing one? I can't notice it and he complimented how natural it looked on me! Pricey price, who cares? It's worth every penny for me. It looks so natural it's that unbelievable and you can actually feel the cooling sensation when applying it.

USE YOUR FINGERS! THATS THE BEST WAY. Buffing it around especially the blemishes it conceals AMAZINGLY. I have no other words to describe this product but it's amazing!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by charlottetsui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally got this teint parfait...
super light indeed, however, it kinda let me down...
I m not satisfying wif the coverage and it breaks me out-,-

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by AngelicMaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Broke me out like crazy in small red pimples. Other than that (!) it really made my skin look better yet natural

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by elsong1211

This is a great foundation when my skin is in its clearer days. It very very light weight, feels like another layer of moisturiser, but covers what it needs to cover and evens skin tone out. I was matched with B20 in store in Australia, but its just too $$$ to buy it here, so when a friend went to the US, asked her to buy it for me, but accidently got BR20 instead, it has more pink tones but its still a very good match and the shade is very forgiving.

Overall love it soooooo much, but wish it had a lit more coverage. It would have been fine during clearer days, holds on very well also, and last for up to 6-8 hours on my oily skin.

would buy it again but its almost $80 in AUS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've ever used. BR20 suits my skin perfectly, its lightweight but has enough coverage for me. It hasn't caused any breakouts or accentuated any dryness. Blends well, lasts through the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by rubyred23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this foundation. It is quite light and goes on well. I bought this in Dublin airport last September when I was on my way to France for a sun holiday. A friend recommended it to me. I felt like I needed something nice and light to wear on holiday and especially because I knew France was going to be quite warm. I didn't want to wear my everyday heavy foundation so this worked out wonderfully. It is very youthful and light and perfect for a "barely-there" look. When I came home and returned to work I continued to wear the vitalumiere every day. It gives a very natural finish and it matched my skin tone well. However, I am prone to breakouts, especially around my chin. I get nasty white heads which I inevitably pick at and cause them to become red and inflamed.
This foundation doesn't cover breakouts like that. So soon after I had to revert to my normal foundation. Vitalumiere is perfect for somebody with relatively clear skin. I also think it is lovely for young women.
I probably won't buy this again simply because the coverage is too light for me.