September 16, 2014 | 1196 users online

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Gave me a great glow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation , The texture is amazing and so easy to work with. B10 is a great match for my Nc15 skin. And it lasts on my oily skin. The Coverage is slightly lighter than I am used to so I wear this when my Skin is in really good condition. Would buy this again , especially for the summer if i holds up would be a lovely light weight foundation. I do wish there was some way to tell how much was left in the bottle though .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by septimber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Packaging is excellent, easy to travel with, easy to shake the heck out of it without fear of damaging it. I am OK with the price as a bottle lasts me something like 6 months.
When I buy a foundation, I want something that conceals the redness at the center of my face and and leaves a natural, real-skin finish. This foundation does that very well. I took one point off because it does not seem to last me an 8 hour workshift (I dont powder it at all, just blot my nose when it gets oily). When I look back at photos with me wearing this foundation, I wonder if I will ever buy any other.
When Im breaking out I long for a higher coverage foundation, because this hardly conceals my blemishes at all.
I wear this in BR10 (added a photo), sometimes it feels as if its a tiny tad too dark under certain lighting but it looks spot-on in the photo so I dont know =/ Definitely buying again, though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

It's a very light weight / light covering foundation. I've never tried to build it up to a medium coverage, but I can imagine that it's possible without looking cakey. This foundation dries to a satin finish on me, which is perfect for when I'm going for the natural/youthful look. It's kind of annoying that I have to give it a good shake before each use, but I do that for pretty much every other foundation I own, the only difference is I have to shake for a bit longer with this. It's quite similar to MAC's Face and Body foundation as a previous review had mentioned. The coverage is better than F&B, and is not as dewy as F&B, but the light-weight water-based consistency qualities are similar. Between the two, I will pick Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua over the MAC F&B because it seems to be easier to blend and has better coverage.

I'm not too fussy about the packaging, but knowing that it's Chanel I expected something more fetching. The packaging is very practical and compact so it may be great for traveling. I will most likely repurchase this product because it IS very practical and I like the product overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation alot. I'm not sure yet if I love it as much as my HG MAC Face & Body. It's the first product I've ever bought by Chanel, and I watched so many reviews on You Tube and read many on here before purchasing. For reference, I'm warm toned with a medium complexion (Italian heritage). I'm an NC35-40 in MAC(depending on the season), & I wear this in B50, which is a great match.

I love the watery and thin foundations, which the MAC F&B introduced me to. This is not quite as thin and watery as the MAC F&B, because it's a bit more gel like in consistency. The coverage is light, but buildable to medium. You can definitely build this up in areas that you need more coverage without it looking cakey and gross. You must shake this vigorously before each use because it separates. One thing I really dislike about this is that it contains a large amount of alcohol denat, which is very high up on the ingredients list (2nd or 3rd!). Alcohol denat (if you don't know, denatured alcohol=The equivalent of rubbing alcohol) is very drying a.k.a. aging. I don't wear foundation everyday, so this not a total deal breaker for me, but definitely worth considering. I do have dry skin at times, so I'm hoping it doesn't make it more dry. I didn't read the ingredients before I bought it, or I'd prob not have purchased it, It has a perfumey smell that I like, but I know it would bother some.

I have normal to dry skin and this doesn't accentuate any dryness for me. I wouldn't call this a dewy finish, but I wouldn't say it's matte, like some reviewers say. I'd say it's just a natural finish, very much like your own skin. I highly, highly recommend this foundation, and it's not as expensive as alot of other Chanel products, and a bit cheaper than their other foundations. At $45, it's pretty much on par with MUFE and many other brands @ Sephora.

The packaging is fine with me, I don't know why so many people are complaining that it's not in the traditional luxurious feeling glass bottle like other Chanel foundations. Duh, you have to shake this vigorously before applying, a glass bottle could fly out of your hands, especially if your hands are slippery from just applying primer or moisturizer! It would've been really stupid of Chanel to put this in a thick glass bottle that needed shaken hard before each use. If you like a natural foundation, and dislike traditional foundations that are thicker and creamy, you'll love this.

I absolutely love this new generation of foundations that are thin and second skin like, and I can't wait to try more!! Yes, I'd repurchase, but I will probably try different ones first because I actually do prefer a more dewy finish. Also, there are just too many new foundations coming out with this thin consistency that I adore, and the makeup junkie in me just has to try them out!

EDIT 4/4/2012- I ended up returning this a couple weeks ago. It actually did end up highlighting some of the dry spots on my face, & drying my skin out pretty badly. It also just still couldn't compare to my HG MAC Face & Body. However, for some odd reason, apparently only the U.S. Version has denatured alcohol in it, which I've discovered after some research. So possibly the European version wouldn't dry my (or your) skin out. It's still a very lovely foundation. The thing with me is if I spend alot of money on something, I want to absolutely adore it. If I don't, I always return it for something I love. ( I exchanged it for a MAC 130 brush at Nordstrom if anyone cares & it's fantastic!)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by tma8790

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mean, I adore this. I bought it a year ago when it first came out after having a less-than-stellar time with Chanel Teint Innocence compact foundation - oil based, broke me out, but my face looked flawless after shellacking it on! I bought Vitalumiere Aqua on a limb, and I loved it. It was only after branching out and trying other foundations (YSL Teint Radiance, MUF High Def, etc) that I realized just what a gem this really is. I have dry skin and the fact that it's water-based just adds so much hydration to my face without looking overtly dewy or wet. It covers flaws well and most importantly, it lets your natural skin shine through. I wear B20 Beige in the winter and find this is a perfect color match. Also I found that applying it with fingers gives the best coverage/effect. Don't rub in circular motions or you'll streak the product unflatteringly. Just spread it with a light hand and let it soak in and work it's magic! Love this and I can't wait for Chanel to release the Vitalumiere Aqua compact later this month!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

I'm on my second bottle of this product but I don't think I'll be buying it again, mainly due to the poor colour choice. I think I have finally come to terms with the fact that Chanel just doesn't make a foundation for my colouring. I am pale (pinker undertones) and B10 looks very yellow on me. I tried BR10 when I was overseas (I don't think the BR shades were sold in Australia originally although BR10 now is listed on Chanel's au website) and it was too orangey and dark for me.

Aside from the colour issue, the foundation goes on very sheer and is quite easy to work with because it doesn't dry too fast. It has a nice smell to it. It comes in a plastic bottle so you can squeeze out the desired amount of product. I found using a sponge gave me the best finish. A foundation brush just made it look streaky on me.

In terms of wear, I would say that I got about 4-5 hours of wear out of this foundation. After that, I noticed that it would start to clump around my nose (slightly oily), my cheeks (into pores) and on any dry patches. This just highlighted the colour mismatch even more as I'd have random yellow patches.

I found that this foundation needed to be powdered to help with the colour issue but also to take down some of the sheen that it gave me.

Overall, while there were some pros (nice smell, goes on nicely), the cons (colour choice, staying power, cost- $77) definitely outweigh them. I decided not to rebuy this foundation after noticing that I was reaching for my Bourjois Brush Foundation (~$25) a lot more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by aureliationg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

FINISH: Looks dewy and satiny, but not shiny or greasy. Very natural. Just looks like your skin but better,

APPLICATION: Make sure to shake it up before dispensing. I've used my fingers, a sponge, a foundation brush and a flat top kabuki. It all looks fab!

STAYING POWER: I definitely get 6 - 8 hours out of this foundation, even longer in the winter time when I don't sweat as much.

COVERAGE: This is for someone who wants a light but even coverage. If you have deep pock marks or dark acne scars, this won't work for you. But if you want to cover up redness, dullness or slight discolourations, then this is definitely for you.

REACTIONS: I tend to break out easily, and this didn't break me out at all.

I personally love this foundation. It never disappoints. HG foundation FOUND!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The finish on this foundation was absolutely gorgeous. Compared to MUFE face and body the coverage was slightly more opaque (I would say it's a light-med coverage) but the finish was more luminous and silky. It has a powdery scent which goes away after a while and isn't offensive. My skin is oily but I don't like matte finish foundations for everyday because I feel they look too "done". With this one, I have to blot 2x a day but nothing too crazy. it stays a full day on my but I generally don't have problems with foundations disappearing, I think as long as you blot and don't let a layer of oil sit on your skin you're fine there.

Now, the cons, this stuff broke me out like mad! I really wanted to like this and I was in denial for a week but after I ruled everything else out I had to admit to myself it was this foundation. I think the culprit is the silica in it, I remember having a similar reaction to an UD foundation with silica in past.

So, for the ladies who don't have bad reactions to silica, I'd say this is a great foundation. Lightweight, lovely finish. If you have issues with silica, my advice is to stay away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I like this foundation - it is light but the SA who sold it to me was great with the color match and so it blends nicely into my complexion. It doesn't provide heavy coverage but does provide enough for my face to look very natural yet "finished." All of Chanel's products are too darn expensive but I do think there are times when the cost is worth it. This is probably one of them. As an older woman, I think there are times when heavier foundations just make me look older - this one is just sheer enough to blend out some of my pigmentation problems but not look like it is at all a mask. I shake it up well before every use and apply it with a MAC stippling brush. Somewhere between NARS Sheer Glow and Dior Nude to me.....I recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No