Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 4/15/2012 4:13:00 PM

love this foundation!! it's the only one that actually works with my skin type without running or flaking up (ew!). the only problem is it doesn't last 25 hours, i find myself re-applying every 6 hours or so :\ still, best foundation i can find for so cheap!!

on 4/14/2012 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love it! I've used various foundations but this is by far the best priced foundation around. Even some higher end foundations couldn't compare and I've used a lot. I am a licensed MUA & Esthetician so I've used many products on myself and others. The down side is the color range, if you are fair-medium, medium, neutral or olive you may find one. These makeup companies (especially drugstore) should really start considering very fair to dark complected women with realistic undertones! Luckily I found a color that works for my neutral skin tone with olive undertones (Soft Beige). Usually drugstore foundations tend to run very pink and it is near impossible to get a correct color match. Within the limited color range of Rimmel there are a few neutral and slightly yellow shades so if MAC foundations are either too yellow or too pink (like they are for me) check out these colors.

The finish is a very natural looking satin to matte finish. You can easily build the coverage, however if too much is applied it may start to look unnatural and heavy. A little goes along way! Besides the overall quality, performance, & flawlessness of this foundation it is affordable.

I found no need to use concealer and/or powder, as well as not having to touch up my face at all throughout an entire day. As far as being 25 hrs... not too sure about that but NO ONE should be wearing any makeup when they go to sleep. The important aspect is that it lasts an entire day until you take it off.

Even though I am an advocate for spf I do not like spf in foundations for several reasons: the white cast it gives in photos, cosmetic spf can be irritating to some skin types, & if you want your foundation with spf to protect you more than a few hours you would need to constantly reapply it just as regular sunblock. So IMO spf has no place being in foundations. I am very happy that there is no spf in this foundation, since it seems most if not all are turning into that direction. I have had no oxidizing, no transfer, no breakouts, and it feels moisturizing and not heavy like other longer staying foundations. Remember this may vary with different skin types and climate. The only concern I have about this foundation is the possible new packaging, a bottle? I have the tube and I love how practical and sanitary it is! I have only seen the tube in the Chicago land area but I noticed on the Rimmel site it looks like they are bottling it!

on 4/11/2012 1:56:00 AM

I had to find my closest shade online because the stores carry limited shades. I bought warm honey and although it is for tanned skin, it seems geared for red undertones than my yellow. Its light, gives medium buildable coverage, dries quickly, has a pleasant faint powdery scent, is a blendable liquid, and dries matte. The packaging has changed this month to a bottle according to Rimmel website, so no more plastic tube. Warm Honey shade seems discontinued so I'm happy I got this for the summer heat/humidity. Most of you will like the foundation and at $7, its a bargain. I wore mine for 9 hours straight and it has not rubbed off faded or smudged. You can set it with powder without it overdrying. I like it alot

on 4/9/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What a nice surprise! I apply it with a damp sponge and go over any dark spots with a concealer brush. I give it a moment to dry and dust with mineral veil. The coverage is medium, but I can still see my skin so I don't feel too mask-like. I applied it at 6 am and when I finally looked in the mirror at 1 pm, I still looked fresh. Usually by then, I am shiny and my foundation has started to fade. I've used it about 4 times so far with no breakouts....I hope that continues as it tends to be the biggest reason that I must discontinue a foundation's use. Crossing my fingers for this little drug-store gem!

Update: well,it broke me out....sigh. Another product I can't use. Stupid sensitive skin.

on 4/9/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like this foundation. The shade range isn't the greatest, so the shade I got is a bit lighter than I usually prefer. It is medium-full coverage, and the lasting power is phenomenal. I can barely see any pores by the end of the day. I do, however, have dry skin. I don't like setting foundation with powder, and this was matte and lasted all day without needing to be set.

When I first bought this foundation, I didn't like it. Because I am very pale, I thought it was too dark for my skintone even in the lightest shade. It also felt sticky on my face throughout the day. I bought it because of all the rave about it on this website and Youtube...so I decided to try it again and I'm glad I did! I realized that this actually matches my skin perfectly. I was so used to using Revlon Colorstay in the lightest shade..but it turns out Colorstay was actually too light for me, and Rimmel is just the right color. It gives me a nice, dewy, glowy finish, yet it doesn't look shiny and shimmery. It really does stay on for a very, very long time as well. I've noticed how fresh my skin looks even after I've been spent twelve hours away from home at school and work! It is amazing.
A little bit of this goes a long way, so it really will last for quite some time. It doesn't look cakey, but yet you can build the coverage if you wish. It doesn't highlight any of the dry areas of my face. The only con I can think of is that it leaves my face slightly oily on my t-zone at the end of the day. It is annoying, but it doesn't get oily until after about eight hours.
For the price (ranges from six to eight dollars), I would say this is a fantastic foundation. It works better than almost any other foundation I've tried (and they all were much more expensive).
I'd recommend this!! (:

on 4/4/2012 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

HG foundation!! This is inexpensive and effective. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin with large pores and this doesn't look even the slightest bit powdery and cakey on me- it's very creamy and natural! Nobody even notices that I have makeup on but it covers all of my acne and acne scars, no other coverage needed! The only thing is I'd suggest moisturizing first. :) I apply this with my fingertips and voila, I am ready to take on the day. I'd recommend this to anyone who has been struggling to find a good foundation! I tried Revlon, Covergirl, Physicians Formula, and many other drugstore brands before this and some of them were okay but this is by far my favorite. What a gem! Please never discontinue this, Rimmel, I'd be heartbroken after my long search! This is great for medium coverage or can be built for nearly full coverage. A true day to night makeup!!! If you're tired of searching, try this!!!

Edit: I now prefer Clean Finish because it leaves my face looking flawless and cheaper! But this one is still great.

on 4/4/2012 9:25:00 AM

Me: NC 15-20 in Mac; Fairly Light in EM. Slightly drier cheeks, slightly oiler t-zone. Slight rosacea (subtype I - blushing) on my cheeks, nose, chin.

I only use long wearing mu products. I have been using EM pretty much 95% of the time for a few years. (I also use Pur Minerals when bored.) However, this winter, my skin got noticeably drier and I decided to try to find a long-wearing liquid foundation to shake things up a bit. I've worn for 2 weeks in #100 Ivory.

Cheap, love the tube (great for travel). Lasts 8-10 hours on me w/out any makeup setting spray (lasts 14 hours w/ Urban Decay All Nighter). Sinks in nicely to my skin (I apply w/ my slightly moistened BeautyBlender sponge). Great pigment = covers my slight rosacea beautifully. No skin irritation/breakouts.

Bottom line = I will keep this little gem in my regular foundation rotation!

on 4/4/2012 9:16:00 AM

Have been rebuying this foundation for years, after a recommendation on Youtude. I love it. It provides very heavy coverage, but doesn't feel too thick on my skin. The tube is a little utilitarian, but it's an $8 drug store foundation. It does the job! I'll keep rebuying since it prevents my skin from getting oily and, while I haven't tested it for 25 hours, it can make it through the work day.

on 4/4/2012 8:26:00 AM

I have the pump One (not squeezey bottle)
I find it OK.. It doesn't last 25 hours. Not at all, I applied it using moisturiser, laura geller primer, the foundation then set it with mac powder, I applied it 7am and by 6 hours needed touch ups, it's quite thick and when you re apply it goes cakey...