October 25, 2014 | 929 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I need a medium to full coverage foundation recently due to my monthly breakouts and stress. But I don't want to spend over $40 for a liquid foundation for occassional use. Therefore, after research on makeupalley.com, I come up with the idea to try this product and it is only $7 Canadian on sales, doesn't hurt to give it a try. I end up loving tis foundation for varies reasons. 1. the foundation is in a tube which means I can use up every single bit of the product with no wastage and the package makes travel friendly too. 2. Color matching is perfect. I am NC 25 and I 've bought True Ivory, the second lightest shade. I may want to try one shade darker in the Summer time and all shades look realistic to me 3. It is hydrating but also long lasting. Since hydrating foundation has more slip than regular long last foundation, it usually run even with primer and powder, consider my skin is combination and extremely oily on my nose, just my nose area. But this foundation is truly long lasting but not drying at all 4. It covers really really really well, perfect my skin but still looks dimensional and natural. 5. Inexpensive, way cheaper than regular drug store foundation and excedding department store's quality. However, I only recommend this foundation thowho have normal to dry to dry skin typed. As I have mentioned before, it is hydrating and I need to use powder to keep the foundation in place. However with powder on top, it foundation really gives a long lasting finish that up to ten plus hours with one blotting. I think it is worthy to try.
Edit: it is still good for occassional use whenever I need a full coverage foundation. However, it is quite sticky and I don't think it could be a HG for everyday use, unless for those who need full coverage everyday and dry skin.
Edit: too think

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

*This product has very high reviews from those in my age group, and for good reason!

After 10+ years of powder and mineral foundations I had a yearning to try a liquid foundation with a brush application. I use Alima mineral foundation (Olive 1) in the scorching hot summers here in GA and discovered BE (Fairly Light) last year for winter (its finish worked well on me in the cooler months). But I thought - hmm, foundations have changed so much, maybe one will work for me and my older complexion needs. I read and heard many raves about this Rimmel foundation on MUA and also from BeautyBroadcast/EmilyNoel83, but WOW the packaging makes the shades look soooooo dark! I don't know how many times I went out to buy this for the first time but changed my mind again and again after looking at the shades. Ultimately I held the different shades/tubes in the sunlight thru the store window and chose #103 True Nude, and it's a perfect match for my light olive skin - no pink or orange tones at all. I also bought an Ecotools foundation brush and began my new journey! Okay now.....I'm in love. The coverage is fabulous! Smoothing it on my face with the brush and watching the surface of my skin change and improve is a lovely experience, not unlike applying mmu but one uses slower, even strokes with this foundation. I have found that I don't need a primer with this due to its dimethicone ingredients, but I do use my ELF Mineral e/s primer under my eyes. I can use undereye concealer before or after foundation; if I apply foundation first, I apply it under my eyes with the brush, then pat in - this foundation makes a huge difference alone on my dark circles! I then use CS's Eye Brightener over that or simply brush a bit of mineral concealer over the foundation - perfect. If I find that I need extra coverage on a blemish or a scar, I dab a bit more foundation on where it's needed with a tiny brush....let it dry for a couple seconds, then pat to blend. My skin looks beautiful. I'm setting this with either my CS HD loose powder or EDM's Sunlight Finishing Powder, which I'm trying. I've used my fingers to apply this foundation but I much prefer the brush application; I feel that I'm using less product this way. Mind you, it's cold here right now, but I don't find oily breakthrough a problem. I can't imagine this lasting in the summer here; it's so hot at work sometimes and my face perspires so. Still what a pleasure it is to use now - I'm really loving it. No problems with creasing or patchiness on my skin or over my skin's 54 yr. old texture (yeah, that's what I'm calling it); it looks perfect all day long and feels smooth to the touch. Regarding the dark-looking tubes: Buy it at Walgreens or Ulta (as I did) so you can exchange the shade if you need to. And compare the TONE of the tubes' shades - cool, warm, neutral - in some natural light at the store's window. As I said, I'm quite light and #103 is perfect. I can't rave enough about this product or the great experience I'm having using it! Oh and....it's so inexpensive! xoxoxo

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by xbrightxeyesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation!! I would say it has medium coverage, but it is buildable to become heavier. It covers all my blemishes, acne spots, and redness. I have very oily skin, and this foundation kept my face shine-free the entire day (7am - 7pm). I'm sure it lasts longer, but I haven't had an occasion where I would be wearing makeup so long yet. It doesn't feel like you're wearing a mask, looks very natural and flawless, and it is EXTREMELY blendable! And the squeeze tube makes it easy to control how much product you get. The only bad thing I have to say is that the color selection is very poor. There aren't many shades available for darker skinned ladies as well as paler ladies. The 100 seemed darker than the 103, which was odd. But overall, I would HIGHLY reccommend this foundation to anyone!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by silverplum13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is what I wanted Revlon Colorstay to be. Between the two foundations, I'd pick this one every time. First of all, Lasting Finish applies like a dream. It is "wetter" and does not dry quickly, so you do not feel like you're in a mad frenzy to apply this like you do with Colorstay. It glides nicely onto the skin. Another plus is that the coverage is awesome. This covers pretty much everything.

The finish is NOT matte. It's dewy, which I prefer since I think it looks way more natural. I do have to blot maybe once or twice during the day, and it doesn't last like Colorstay does. The trade off is that it looks more natural and it's easy to get off at night. However, it still holds up 10 to 12 hours for me, which is still great.

I like the plastic squeeze tube packaging since it's easy to get the product out, and I don't have to worry about dropping this and breaking it. I'm about an NC37, and the color Sand is pretty much a perfect match for my skin. The color selection is tiny, but there are more colors depending on where you buy this. At Target, where I bought this, not all the shades are available. However, I believe Ulta has a larger color selection and a few darker colors. It still doesn't have enough colors for darker ladies. One piece of advice: The color in the tube looks different when you try it on. I know this is gross, but you might have to open the tube and squeeze a little drop out to get an idea of what the shade truly looks like.

In my area, this goes for about $7 and some change. Very affordable. Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by nutella87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color selection -- not the best, but passable. I have NC 25 skin and wear this in Soft Beige, which is slightly more pink than what is ideal. But I fix that by bronzing up my skin a bit.

Lasting power -- very good. I once had it on from 8am to 7pm. It was still in tact and kept my pores covered and my skin tone even. The only con would be that it did make me kind of shiny. So this is good for people with dry skin (me) but you'll have to powder half way through the day.

Didn't break me out. Actually smells kind of nice. I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by britbrat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wear this in 200! This foundation is absolutely amazing. I never, & I mean NEVER, write reviews on things, but I had to with this product. I am beyond picky with my makeup - i like that very natural, dewy glow and have a hard time finding it. This foundation had all of that, plus lasted all day & was a perfect color match to my skin - I have slightly tan skin with yellow undertones. It goes on so smooth & looks flawless when you're finished. My skin tends to be on the very dry side, but fortunately I rarely break out & don't have any fine lines or wrinkles yet, however, it keeps my dry skin hydrated all day and doesn't sink in at all, & when i do have those occasional zits, it covers them up perfectly. My mom, who has a few fine lines, swears by it as well! seriously, you NEED to try this product. Once you do, you will never use anything else. & it's so affordable!!! I will use this as long as they keep it on the market and don't change anything about it. it's awesome!!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by smitabee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new HG foundation :) provides medium coverage but feels so light! also blends out to a semi matte finish but with a powder you can make it all matte! good for all types of skin :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by auiyee

PROS
-It has medium to heavy coverage. It is extremely buildable and you would love the natural finish. I've been getting compliments from everyone who said it looked like it was my skin, only better. Trust me when I say my skin is nowhere near that. I'm using the True Ivory and I have an acne-prone, combination skin with a yellow undertone.
-It feels so lightweight. You don't feel like you have make up on.
-It's dirt cheap. I spent roughly $7 for this product from Rite-Aid.
-It's long lasting but not as long as it claims. Probably just 10 to 12 hours.
-This is better than Revlon Colorstay.
-No SPF! Yeay! I never liked make-up with SPF since I wear a separate SPF and it makes my face ghostly for flash photography.
CONS
-The container just spurts out contents and it's hard to control.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I've only used this once, but so far I don't see what all the hype is about. The color was weird. At first it looked a bit too dark so I set it with a lighter setting powder, and now I look like a ghost. Didn't apply as smoothly as I'd hoped either and came off when I had to brush off some eyeshadow fallout. The tube isn't exactly stellar either because, at least at first, the foundation comes spewing out. The price is right but no SPF. I'll use it more but so far, not that impressed. UPDATE: Towards the end of the day (testing how long this "25 hour" foundation lasts, I'm still just not that impressed with this. Of course, I will try a couple more times, but so far I like Revlon ColorStay, Maybelline SuperStay and even L'Oreal Infallible better. UPDATE: STILL just not that impressed with this. Drying and does not last. UPDATE: Officially hate this. Highlights and cakes on my dry patches, doesn't allow for touch ups because it cakes, and feels incredibly drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkie2218

This foundation is awesome. Coverage is great, lasts, for the price it's worth it. Are there better lastin foundations? Yes but not for this price. If you're looking for a great lasting foundation for under $6, then this is the product for you