August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by naughtymatilda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not a fan of this product. I was drawn to it because of the low price and cute ads and packaging, however once applied, it gives my skin a burning sensation, and my skin becomes very red for the new couple hours. I have dry skin, and this did nothing in soothing it, in fact it made my face feel tighter with dryness after using - although I should have known that a gel wouldn't do much, and gone for a richer cream. The fragrance is a bit too strong for me, and the third ingredient is alcohol, which seems strange for something promising to moisturize. I will not be purchasing again. Those with sensitive skin, watch out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am really impressed with this moisturizer! I have to admit, I was skeptical, but the pretty color and promise of a light texture sucked me in. I use the Clinique Acne Solutions 3 step and it leaves my skin a little dry. I don't like their moisturizers and the Neutrogena Oil-Free for combo skin left me greasy, so I grabbed this for 7 bucks. I don't like the scent, but other than that it's worked really well. My skin no longer has any dry spots and it looks and feels softer than it has in a long time. It doesn't make me oily and sinks in really quickly. Even though it's a gel-cream, it works really well over the moisturizer in the acne system. It's also great under my foundation. I'm so happy to find something that actually does what I need it to do and is crazy cheap!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

Moisturizing enough for mild dry patches, but makes my face very red.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's okay, nothing more, nothing less. It's a gel, which is what intrigued me into trying it. It smells kind of too strongly of fragrances, which always puts me off. It didn't make my face especially soft or hydrated. It didn't absorb very well to my skin and kind of stung, too. I won't repurchase. Don't let the jar fool you, not a lot is in there. I bought this two weeks ago and it's halfway done. It is pretty cheap, about $7-$10 but I'd invest $5 more and get something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by statianna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw an ad for this in a magazine and it came with a little sample. Usually I don't sample things from magazines but this looked interesting and decided to give it a try on my freshly cleaned face. I tend to have oilier skin and most moisturizers either don't moisturize enough or cause me to have an oil slick across my face resulting in more breakouts on my acne prone skin. After about an hour, my skin still felt moisturized but not greasy at all. It dried quickly and left my skin feeling soft and supple.
I have been using it for a few weeks now and I LOVE it! I absolutely love the scent, which has a light clean almost floral scent. Bummer that the scent goes away after a while but it keeps my skin feeling great. I have not had any redness or breakouts while using this. If you have oily acne prone skin, I definitely suggest giving this a try. I love the glass jar it comes in because it feels high end and looks nice, but I wish it came in a squeeze tube so I don't have to stick my fingers in it. It would be more hygienic that way. But I love this product regardless. Kudos to Garnier!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this since it's great on my skin. I can put this before my makeup and makes a great primer. I did use this with a moisturizer with SA and the moisture-ness didnt last since the moisturize with SA dried out my face. So I just used with my regular moisturizer and it was a perfect fit! I'm gonna see if this moisturizer is great on the winter time where my face is really dry!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this product in ELLE Canada magazine. I like it, it's very similar to some of the more expensive hydrating serums I've tried (Avene soothing serum, Vichy Aqualia, Clinique). However, why is there such a high amount of alcohol in a hydrating product??? I'm very curious about this, and it does concern me, as alcohol can increase cell damage, and free radicals. Otherwise, I think this is a great dupe for some higher end brands, from what I've experienced it doesn't smell like anything and does not irritate my skin at all. This would be nice to layer under a lighter moisturizer with SPF during the winter time to add more hydration to the skin. Also, this contains menthol which is potentially irritating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! Lightweight yet moisturizing, and the scent is cucumbery-minty. Absorbs quickly and non-sticky. Lovely. A little does a lot. No SPF though so best for nighttime use (or if you know you really won't be outside for long!) It really is a gel-cream hybrid! Very good.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really didnt like this product because it really didnt moisterize my face like i thought it was gonna or what not ... idk i wouldnt buy it again it isnt for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am currently using Avon Complete Balance night gel (which is oil free, and helps with dryness for oilyskin, hasnt broken me out...holy grail moisturizer very similar to this gel cream lotion). Anyway, It was interesting to see a sample of Moisture Rescue featured in Allure magazine. I tried it, and it works identical to Avon's. This is perfect dupe for Avon Complete Balance Night Gel. Also, I am avid user of Clinique DDMG, and Moisture Rescue is thicker than DDMG, and shinier. DDMG is more a satin finish since its a lotion. I still think Moisture Rescue would not replace my DDMG, I would put DDMG in a different category of moisturizers,, its more of a gel cream, and Moisture Rescue reminds more of a gel serum.