July 25, 2014 | 1774 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really didnt like this product because it really didnt moisterize my face like i thought it was gonna or what not ... idk i wouldnt buy it again it isnt for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am currently using Avon Complete Balance night gel (which is oil free, and helps with dryness for oilyskin, hasnt broken me out...holy grail moisturizer very similar to this gel cream lotion). Anyway, It was interesting to see a sample of Moisture Rescue featured in Allure magazine. I tried it, and it works identical to Avon's. This is perfect dupe for Avon Complete Balance Night Gel. Also, I am avid user of Clinique DDMG, and Moisture Rescue is thicker than DDMG, and shinier. DDMG is more a satin finish since its a lotion. I still think Moisture Rescue would not replace my DDMG, I would put DDMG in a different category of moisturizers,, its more of a gel cream, and Moisture Rescue reminds more of a gel serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by xradiance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Clinique's DDMG for over a year now, but for a few months I've noticed that is doesn't moisturize the flakes I have on my cheeks. I was thinking of getting a better Clinique moisturizer but paying 30 dollars for one didn't fit my budget so I gave Garnier Moisture Rescue a try.

So far I've had it a week and I love it! The cooling sensation is nice, it spreads well, absorbs well, smells good and clears the flakes I get from using my Cor Silver Soap. (which I highly recommend, cleared me up like crazy!) To be sanitary, I shake the jar so that moisturizer lands on the top and I use that instead of sticking my fingers in.

So overall, it moisturizes better then DDMG, smells better, and the price is great, doesn't break me out or make me oily, and makes my skin soft and remedies my flakey skin!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Crys319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought Garnier Moisture Rescue both with and without SPF and they are fabulous! The gel/cream spreads well, absorbs quickly and doesn't irritate my face/eyes at all. Also, the cooling sensation from both versions really helps alleviate redness, maybe even better than my usual Aveeno Ultra-Calming. I have very sensitive skin with eczema so I can really say this is non-irritating. It's a great summer routine and the cucumber scent is really light and uplifting.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

I tried the free sample first and really liked this. Used the coupon and got this for around $6 from Walmart. I have combo skin and this is just right for now. Winter I will probably need something heavier. I wish it had sunscreen, but there is a lotion version which is SPF15. I may try that next time. Overall a great product for a great price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ora613

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's nice and refreshing and not at all greasy. But where's the sunscreen? This is not nearly moisturizing enough for night. Don't tell me I should use this with another sunscreen or moisturizer or serum or whatever. I already use primer, foundation and concealer. I may be an mu junkie, but enough already...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by creamyki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent product with good price! I just started using it, but can't wait to purchase another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Blingbling07

I bought this because i was running out of the Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel. I Loved the clinique products, but i was up for a change because i guess its good for the skin to change up your routine once in a while... i saw this ad in some magazine and decided to try it, since it was only 6.99 at target! And i do agree how its similar to the moisure surge by Clinique, but its definitely a lot more thinner and watery... but it absorbs into the skin just as fast. it really makes my skin really soft! However i feel like it doesn't moisturize as much as the dramatically different gel, but its def. a great alternative for such a low price.
AND i actually love the scent very much! its something thats refreshing and sweet at the same time, and it disappears after like 5 minutes so...
Like this, a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Like other reviewers, I bought this as an alternative for Clinique Moisture Surge. In my experience, it's not a good dupe but it still does the job. It does include alcohol which is a downside to this product. Lots of cheap moisturizers that claim to be "light" tend to have alcohol in it and it dries out the skin. I find that it's way too minty... it leaves a cooling tingling sensation for a few mins after I apply the gel. But the mint is not strong enough to stop me from using it. I love that it feels so light on the skin and still moisturizing. I use it on top of Retin-A and it works fine. But I'm not used to using a minty moisturizer, so I knocked off a lippie. The jar is glass so it feels luxurious at such a small price tag ($7.99 at most drugstores for 1.7 oz jar and $6.99 at Target. You may be able to print out a $2 off coupon from the web... just google it) Don't peel off the plastic wrapping on the jar because the label is printed on the plastic cover rather than on the jar. This might be the BEST moisturizer for oily skin that you can get from drugstores! I am not sure if I will repurchase b/c of the mint factor.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product! I have normal - oily, sensitive skin which edfinitely needs moisture, but usually creamy moisturizers (even oil free ones) tend to break me out or make me even oilier, but this gel is absolutely AMAZING! My only complaint would be packaging (wish it was in a pump, which would be a lot more sanitary than sticking your fingers in it all the time).