Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER. I just got it in the mail and decided to use it right away, since I was getting ready to leave my house anyway. I put it on and I still can't believe that you cannot see that I am wearing any makeup whatsoever! I have pretty good skin, so I don't need too much coverage, I only have a few acne scars and some discoloration. For the invisible effect that I got, however, I find the coverage amazing. I just keep staring at myself in the mirror wondering why I ever bought any foundations to begin with, when this is everything I could ever need.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really wanted this product to work so badly but unfortunately, it gave me bad whiteheads and cystic acne along my chin, jaw line and cheeks. I cleaned my brushes regularly, practiced good hygiene, took my vitamins, drank water, etc... but I feel like within the 2 weeks I used this, it made my skin worse.

It's been about a month and my skin is finally getting back to normal. It's too bad because I thought this would work for my asian skin.

on 4/1/2012 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really love this product. One of the first BB cream I put on my face. I have a lot of BB creams ranging in brands and benefits but this is the one I can always rely on for daily use.
It oxidizes to match my skin tone and leaves it bright and more even looking. The coverage is definitely a little more than light coverage but less than medium.
It will work differently on different people with different needs. This is pretty inexpensive compared to more higher end BB creams. I love this product and it is great for everyday use.
No breakouts from this, however this may not suit everyone. BB creams are generally targeted to the Asian community. If you have a medium skin tone, this will DEFINITELY NOT MATCH you. You will have a white/gray cast on your face.
It leaves a natural bright finish and I would say the lasting power is up to 5 hours with a powder.
I have combination skin, and I don't always need to set this with a powder. I get lots of compliments on how bright my skin is, however I do need a concealer with this.
Best applied with the fingers in a patting motion then in circular motions like a face serum.

This product is not for everyone and I only recommend for people with light-light-medium skin tones ONLY. Skin type wise, this is definitely suited for everyone. I have very complicated acne-prone, combo-oily, sensitive skin and I have a very good experience with this product.

on 3/31/2012 8:43:00 PM

Such an amazing product! I really love this. Oxidizes beautifully on my face and stays on all day long. best foundation i have ever used and I will definitely continue buying. so nice and light but great coverage

on 3/30/2012 2:48:00 PM

This is my first Asian BB - I've only tried the Garnier BB cream. This one is far superior. The color is perfect for my fair skin. The coverage is nice without looking too fake and orange like the Garnier does. It looks a bit shiny, but I toned it down with HD powder and it looks perfect. Be careful as to who you buy this from and learn how to spot a fake product. I was worried, but the product I received was the real thing. You shouldn't have to spend a ton, but if it seems too inexpensive, it's probably a fake.

I have been test driving alot of BB creams lately and this one is just meh. First issue is that there is no color choice, so it's pretty light, and alarmingly gray upon application.Second, it goes on very tacky and shiney, but it does eventually lose the tackiness but is wicked shiney., The shine just emphasizes my pores and old scarring which is undesirable in my book. However this is remedied by using my new HG powder over problem areas (Tarte's Smooth Operator) and I can my leave my dryish, less imperfect cheeks alone. The coverage is pretty darn good- if I didn't have melasma and some weird red splotchiness I probably could get away with not using concealer. The gray thing eventually fades but my skin is not really oily so I look like a ghoul for a good hour- it's not a put on and run out product. So this is the reason I'm not calling this the end all and be all of BB creams. I'm currently in love with a Missha product (see review) that does not have parabens, mineral oil etc. The Skin79 BB has ingredients that I'm not crazy about and I also feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette on the breakout thing considering what's in there. I suggest ordering from Seoulglamour on Amazon. They ship really quickly considering it's Korea (took maybe 9 days to Northeast), the prices are great and they include samples of different brands.

on 3/30/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have about tan skin, a little on the pale side. This stuff is not my shade at all, but somehow blends in. I blend with a little dark Maybelline age rewind to darken the color but the finish is natural. My skin has been getting better as I've been using it too. However, the package sucks. Keep the box. I got it on Amazon for about 14 with shipping, so I think worth it.

on 3/26/2012 6:06:00 PM

Love this BB cream. Gives a nice smooth finish and doesn't emphasize pores or dry patches. Matches my skin tone perfectly after about 30 minutes oxidation time. Don't be intimidated by the initial grayish cast. Just wish they would update the formula so it has 50SPF like the new orange label BB cream has.

on 3/18/2012 11:52:00 AM

This is only the 2nd BB Cream I've tried (I also reviewed a Missha cream I tried) and I love it.

I'm NC 15-20, pink undertones, somewhat oily skin. This cream matches my color perfectly. I use moisturizer or a facial oil first, and the makeup goes on fine over that. The coverage is buildable. I don't even need powder over it, which I think is pretty cool.

After about 6-8 hours, I find that it's faded or somehow come off. At that point, my skin looks great, as though I didn't need makeup. So I'll go with it. 6-8 hours is about how much I expect from most makeup, since my job is strenuous.

The packaging is cute, but I know I'm going to hate it in a few months, when I can't just squeeze it to get the last bits of product out. You just know that thing is going to have product sitting in there when it's near empty and no longer pumping it out.

Love this stuff, not too heavy not too light, great coverage if you need it, the coverage is buildable

A tiny bit too dark on me though, this has a grayish tone to it that later oxidizes into a more natural skin color

Smell is light and pleasant, never gave me a headache and never bothered me

Skin79 has started making this in different sizes, theres the original pump bottle, the taller slimmer pump bottle, the squeeze tube and also the miniature metallic squeeze tube version (to carry around or if you want to try this product without buying the full sized version) all which can be found on prettyandcute, amazon, ebay or lilliesshop (but watch out for fakes on ebay)

If this was a lighter color it would be HG for me, other than that its great!

Video Reviews & Tutorials