December 20, 2014 | 1593 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Malenda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product a little over a month and love it. I apply the peach primer and get great all day coverage that is not heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by aebarrette3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

great stuff. lasts all day long. you can use it as a foundation and a concealer. Covers great. doesn't feel thick. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by kitten65

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I have ever used for my skin type/tone (tried BE, Chanel, Stila, MUFE, etc.) Very good, buildable coverage (far superior to BE)--I can even use it as concealer for my super-dark circles! The "light" shade looks very natural on me and doesn't make me look shiny or powdery. I have normal-to-oily skin and this melts in. I also love the convenience factor: the powder is pressed, and the compact contains a makeup sponge and mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

I've been using every kind of foundation you can imagine for the past 8 years, and have tried every brand you can imagine [ Bobby Brown, Lancome, Chanel, Dior, Shiseido, MAC, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Maybelline, Revlon, JUST TO NAME A FEW....], and needless to say, they didn't work. If they looked good in the beginning, they would disappear in a few hours, or they didn't cover my flaws. Basically, I have always been searching for my HG Foundation, and I have come to find it , finally.
I had seen the informercials on television, and never thought much about Pur Minerals. I didn't give it a try until I read the great reviews here. So, I bought it off their website, and in the shade "Light", which was a perfect match for my pale skin. It blends in perfectly, and I use the Body Shop Face/Body brush with it, and it works great.
It's really hard to explain how amazing it is, but here goes! When you apply it on, it may look a bit powdery, but after a few minutes, it does settle into your skin's natural oils. The best way I can describe it is that it doesn't look like you're wearing any foundation. It let's your skin show, and covers all the "issues" you may have flawlessly, without looking like you put on 3 layers of concealer. It's just amazing! And it takes me about 2-3 minutes to buff it on my skin [ I tend to take longer..maybe I just love how the brush feels on my skin?? haha]. It also does not break out my sensitive skin, and it does not smell like anything, thankfully.
On a final note, I decided to switch back to liquid foundation for a bit, stating how much I missed it, and when I had it on, the entire time I wanted to take it off and put on my Pur Minerals!! And I haven't gone back since, to be honest!!

This is the best foundation I have ever used. I feel so natural and flawless in it. It is a miracle, and its not too pricey! Give it a try!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by bellagoldengirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used the pressed Jane Iredale powder, and BE, but to me, this is far superior on my skin. At first, I will admit, it looks a little powdery, but after it wears on the skin for a short time, it becomes dewy and gives my skin a softness to the touch, and a glow...which I am all about :) I also feel my skin is becoming less red on the cheeks, and breaking out less since I have been using this. Coincidence? Not sure, but will keep using. Great product! Love that there is Shea Butter in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by holalola559

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this product after my skin got destroyed by BE and EDM. It is amazing! I don't use any of their other items besides the foundation, and it is absolutely fabulous. I don't have any problems with acne, oil, and it glides on smoothly and stays put! Although it sometimes shows up on my nose (I have dry skin), it's not a problem. My skin looks flawless- I recommend this to everyone. I used to use the sponge, but now I use MAC's 150 brush, which still gives good coverage but doesn't cake it on like the sponge does!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by laknottek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been usung Pur Minerals for several months now. I like the fact that is pressed, and not loose, and with the 4-1, you don't have to keep layering one product after the other, as with Bare Escentuals. The chisel brush is great for working the powder into my slightly older skin. It conatins a sunscreen, and Shea butter, which adds some moisture and performs better with older skin than Bare Escentuals. Its more eonomical to use than Bare Escentuals, as you pay about $24.00 for the foundation, and don't need all the extra mineral veils, and you don't have to combine two different foundations! I just wish it would last a little longer! I use it as an eyeliner base as well, and with a smaller brush, it works real well as a cover up. Good product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

I wanted to love this foundation, but the color was not flattering at all. It didn't last long on me and my pores seemed to be magnified. I'll still use it for touch-ups because the portability is great, but I don't start the day with it. I'm usually BE medium beige or tan and I purchased the golden medium kit. I love the brush that came with the kit, but I didn't like the foundation color (too yellow), bronzer (too orange) or face color (too pink). I wish I liked it because I hate lugging around large pots of powder everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by kitsha88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Pur-fect starter kit (which came with the foundation) a few days ago and thus far I love it. :)
I was VERY happy to come so close to my skin tone. I went to Ulta and was able to try the foundations so I didn't have to guess my shade. I first tried medium dark which seemed to be too pinkish for my skin tone and then tried dark which was too dark, but then tried deep which wasn't too dark (even though it is listed after dark), but didn't have the pink undertone which looked odd on my skin. I think I may have to pick a lighter shade when I lose the tan but for now the color matches well.
I payed $35 for the kit which is not cheap but definitely not as expensive as bare minerals or some of the other very pricey foundations. Plus the kit came with a brush, mineral glow, and marble powder in addition to the foundation.
The coverage is good and can be controlled by how much poweder you apply. I can fade and even cover my acne scars with a light layer of powder.
Since I do have such an oily T-zone I do require a quick touch up on my nose, but overall the coverage lasts all day.
The only not so great thing I can find about the pur minerals foundation is that it contains bismuth oxycholoride, which cause some people's skin to react badly. While I can't comment on the long term effects because I've only used it 3 times I haven't had any skin irritation yet so hopefully I won't have a problem, but I'll come back and edit my review if I do.
Recommended :)
EDIT (1/5/09): Still using this foundation and still lovin' it! My tan is gone so I went back to Ulta and purchased the medium dark foundation (which appeared odd when my skin was darker, but is now a great match). I haven't had any bad reactions to it, it can be used as a concealer and I love that it is so quick and easy to apply. I can literally apply this in less than a minute.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by mrosas

I've been searching high and long for the perfect mineral makeup. I had high hopes for this product but it did not work for me. Initially the coverage is good but I find that it fades pretty quickly...even with a primer.