Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 11/24/2008 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

hearing all the rave reviews, I went to Ulta to try it out. I got color matched as a Golden Medium, (I'm a Medium Beige in Bare Minerals for comparison)

It looked very cakey, and didn't blend at all with my skin. It looked like a layer of make-up "floating" on top of my skin.
It rubs off easily also, I gently rubbed with a tissue and a ton came off. I'd say dont wear white if you're putting this on.

the color didn't match my skin tone at all either (you can see my gallery for my skin tone). It was very very pink.. my neck and face were 2 different colors.

Kinda bummed this didn't work out for me, I was trying to find a mmu with better coverage. I'll stick back to BM/BE

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've pretty much used my Origins Stay Tuned foundation and my MAC sheer tint as long as I can remember, with Bare Escentuals occasionally in the mix. I recently got to the point where nothing was really wowing me anymore. My skin is normal to dry with no major problems, but as I get older, the flawless look is getting harder and harder to get without looking "cakey". While Bare Escentuals seem to make my lines more prominent, I was hesitant to try PM. The ingredient that intrigued me was the shea butter in PM. This is my new hg foundation. It goes on flawless and it takes nearly no time at all. Like most minerals or powders, it tends to start out chalky, but with PM, it softens within minutes looking like I am wearing nothing, but still looking flawless. It doen't dry me out and it stays all day long. Btw, I start out with Smashbox Photo Finish, then Ulta Illuminating Foundation just under the eyes (for a brightening effect), and then I sweep on Pur Minerals.

on 11/23/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this product a little over a month and love it. I apply the peach primer and get great all day coverage that is not heavy.

on 11/22/2008 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

great stuff. lasts all day long. you can use it as a foundation and a concealer. Covers great. doesn't feel thick. I love it!!!

on 11/21/2008 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have ever used for my skin type/tone (tried BE, Chanel, Stila, MUFE, etc.) Very good, buildable coverage (far superior to BE)--I can even use it as concealer for my super-dark circles! The "light" shade looks very natural on me and doesn't make me look shiny or powdery. I have normal-to-oily skin and this melts in. I also love the convenience factor: the powder is pressed, and the compact contains a makeup sponge and mirror.

on 11/8/2008 7:45:00 PM

I've been using every kind of foundation you can imagine for the past 8 years, and have tried every brand you can imagine [ Bobby Brown, Lancome, Chanel, Dior, Shiseido, MAC, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Maybelline, Revlon, JUST TO NAME A FEW....], and needless to say, they didn't work. If they looked good in the beginning, they would disappear in a few hours, or they didn't cover my flaws. Basically, I have always been searching for my HG Foundation, and I have come to find it , finally.
I had seen the informercials on television, and never thought much about Pur Minerals. I didn't give it a try until I read the great reviews here. So, I bought it off their website, and in the shade "Light", which was a perfect match for my pale skin. It blends in perfectly, and I use the Body Shop Face/Body brush with it, and it works great.
It's really hard to explain how amazing it is, but here goes! When you apply it on, it may look a bit powdery, but after a few minutes, it does settle into your skin's natural oils. The best way I can describe it is that it doesn't look like you're wearing any foundation. It let's your skin show, and covers all the "issues" you may have flawlessly, without looking like you put on 3 layers of concealer. It's just amazing! And it takes me about 2-3 minutes to buff it on my skin [ I tend to take longer..maybe I just love how the brush feels on my skin?? haha]. It also does not break out my sensitive skin, and it does not smell like anything, thankfully.
On a final note, I decided to switch back to liquid foundation for a bit, stating how much I missed it, and when I had it on, the entire time I wanted to take it off and put on my Pur Minerals!! And I haven't gone back since, to be honest!!

This is the best foundation I have ever used. I feel so natural and flawless in it. It is a miracle, and its not too pricey! Give it a try!!

I have used the pressed Jane Iredale powder, and BE, but to me, this is far superior on my skin. At first, I will admit, it looks a little powdery, but after it wears on the skin for a short time, it becomes dewy and gives my skin a softness to the touch, and a glow...which I am all about :) I also feel my skin is becoming less red on the cheeks, and breaking out less since I have been using this. Coincidence? Not sure, but will keep using. Great product! Love that there is Shea Butter in it.

on 11/2/2008 5:16:00 PM

I found this product after my skin got destroyed by BE and EDM. It is amazing! I don't use any of their other items besides the foundation, and it is absolutely fabulous. I don't have any problems with acne, oil, and it glides on smoothly and stays put! Although it sometimes shows up on my nose (I have dry skin), it's not a problem. My skin looks flawless- I recommend this to everyone. I used to use the sponge, but now I use MAC's 150 brush, which still gives good coverage but doesn't cake it on like the sponge does!

on 10/25/2008 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been usung Pur Minerals for several months now. I like the fact that is pressed, and not loose, and with the 4-1, you don't have to keep layering one product after the other, as with Bare Escentuals. The chisel brush is great for working the powder into my slightly older skin. It conatins a sunscreen, and Shea butter, which adds some moisture and performs better with older skin than Bare Escentuals. Its more eonomical to use than Bare Escentuals, as you pay about $24.00 for the foundation, and don't need all the extra mineral veils, and you don't have to combine two different foundations! I just wish it would last a little longer! I use it as an eyeliner base as well, and with a smaller brush, it works real well as a cover up. Good product!

on 10/21/2008 5:03:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation, but the color was not flattering at all. It didn't last long on me and my pores seemed to be magnified. I'll still use it for touch-ups because the portability is great, but I don't start the day with it. I'm usually BE medium beige or tan and I purchased the golden medium kit. I love the brush that came with the kit, but I didn't like the foundation color (too yellow), bronzer (too orange) or face color (too pink). I wish I liked it because I hate lugging around large pots of powder everywhere.