Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

3.7

Great DS eyeliner :) easy application but the only thing I don't like is that it feels kinda watery :o It's not really dark black but it's okay

on 7/28/2010 1:51:00 AM

I love the felt tip applicator! However the formula for this product is just too watery for my liking.

Pros:
- Flexible felt tip for easy application

Cons:
- Weak staying power (flakes and rubs off the moment it dries)
- Formula is too watery (it slides around a lot during application)
- Transfers across my eyelid after prolonged wear (I guess it's because my eyelids are oily and I don't use a primer at the moment)

Overall I don't recommend this product if you've got oily eyelids like mine UNLESS you're using a primer. There are much nicer liners out there, it's all just trial and error really. I won't be buying this again.

LOVED IT. (by the way my first liquid eyeliner)
its dramatic, creates a thin line, and the applicator is made of velvet so its the perfect amount of flexability and sturdyness...

Good for beginners in the liquid eyeliner department
it goes well with long lashes because its thin so what you see isnt only the eyeliner. you can still see your lashes!
but it DOES NOT smudge, even if you want it to. it just erases

while its wet, fix your mistakes, and make sure its super close to your eyelashes or it looks weird.

i've recomended this before (even to my sister) and thats saying alot

on 7/15/2010 9:42:00 AM

I have been using liquid liners for years, and I like to think I'm a little bit of an expert on them.

This liner, while having excellent staying power, is underwhelming. The 'brush point' is far too long and flexible, which makes it hard to create an even line. Frankly, it wobbles around hopelessly.

I bought this because it was on sale, but will not purchase this product again.

on 7/11/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

this is definatly my HG liquid eyeliner. as you can tell by the name "Stileto" it goes with the Stileto mascara. this eyeliner has a extreme black colour, and the applicator isnt a brush, a stick, a marker or whatever, but it's a FELT tip, making it extremely easy to apply a straight line, whatever thickness. The tip is flexible, but not too fliimsy, and i'm also a sucker for nice packaging, so this caught my eye right away, due to the sleek black tube. Available in any drugstore, definatly one of Maybellines best products, and super cheap for such good quality ! GO BUY :)

on 6/28/2010 2:55:00 PM

This is the pits. When I apply it, it goes on really light, and is hard to get an even application. Probably due to some bad manufacturing, bc other reviewers said it went on dark but I can barely get it on. Since the very long bendy tip made it so hard to get a nice thick dark line, I snipped off a bit of the edge, but that didnt help at all. I cant even really get much onto the applicator unless I keep putting it in the bottle and shaking, and its new. For about half the price, I love palladio (i think that is what the name is) and prestige, both used to be found at Walgreens, but I am going to go to Ulta to see if they have either. Those are really nice HG lines. This sucks.

on 6/23/2010 3:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Although there are some good points to this liner, it is one that, overall, I do not like.

I think that the formula in itself is long-lasting and dries nicely, but it takes a good few coats to get a dark, even consistency. It tends to apply rather liquidy and you can get an uneven texture along your line (particularly if it is a more medium-thick one) unless you reapply it.

The tip is a long, tapered and extremely flexible sponge which I really don't like. It tends to fling around and create a jagged, uneven line. I can't see this being any good for liquid eyeliner beginners as I have been using them every day for years and I still have a little difficulty taming this sponge tip!

The packaging is really cute. I love the colours and it I love that it is a compact shape and size. However, I wish that the liner itself could be as impressive.

I'll keep using this product until its all gone, but I will not repurchase it.

on 6/17/2010 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very precise, great staying power, and relativley easy to use. Lacks pigment but for 7 bucks who really cares?

I'm forever looking for the perfect eyeliner. I've used literally every possible type of liner out there. The spongy liquid liners are probably my least favorite.

Pro-
Doesn't smudge

Con-
Pigment- while I love the idea of the sponge for control, (over the basic liquid), I found that this really limited the amount of liner you could actually get onto your eye at a given time----- MANY coats in order to get the desired line. However, after practicing with it a couple times I was able to get a technique down....

I will say this is a better sponge liner than others I've tried, so that's a plus.

on 6/5/2010 6:59:00 PM

I got this in 'Blackest Black' and let me tell you- it definitely was NOT the blackest black... the colour, in my opinion fades really easily. It has horrid pigmentation (if any). The consistency is OK a little bit too runny. The only good thing I would say is the applicator. It is really easy to use, it's soft, and it's an actual FELT tip. I know there's lots of eyeliners out there that claim the applicator is felt tip when really it's some hard stick that feels like a toothpick.