Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

3.7

on 6/23/2010 3:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Although there are some good points to this liner, it is one that, overall, I do not like.

I think that the formula in itself is long-lasting and dries nicely, but it takes a good few coats to get a dark, even consistency. It tends to apply rather liquidy and you can get an uneven texture along your line (particularly if it is a more medium-thick one) unless you reapply it.

The tip is a long, tapered and extremely flexible sponge which I really don't like. It tends to fling around and create a jagged, uneven line. I can't see this being any good for liquid eyeliner beginners as I have been using them every day for years and I still have a little difficulty taming this sponge tip!

The packaging is really cute. I love the colours and it I love that it is a compact shape and size. However, I wish that the liner itself could be as impressive.

I'll keep using this product until its all gone, but I will not repurchase it.

on 6/17/2010 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very precise, great staying power, and relativley easy to use. Lacks pigment but for 7 bucks who really cares?

I'm forever looking for the perfect eyeliner. I've used literally every possible type of liner out there. The spongy liquid liners are probably my least favorite.

Pro-
Doesn't smudge

Con-
Pigment- while I love the idea of the sponge for control, (over the basic liquid), I found that this really limited the amount of liner you could actually get onto your eye at a given time----- MANY coats in order to get the desired line. However, after practicing with it a couple times I was able to get a technique down....

I will say this is a better sponge liner than others I've tried, so that's a plus.

on 6/5/2010 6:59:00 PM

I got this in 'Blackest Black' and let me tell you- it definitely was NOT the blackest black... the colour, in my opinion fades really easily. It has horrid pigmentation (if any). The consistency is OK a little bit too runny. The only good thing I would say is the applicator. It is really easy to use, it's soft, and it's an actual FELT tip. I know there's lots of eyeliners out there that claim the applicator is felt tip when really it's some hard stick that feels like a toothpick.

on 6/4/2010 4:33:00 PM

This is the worst liquid liner ever. I decided to be budget conscious and get something other than my $20 Smashbox liner. Worst mistake. The end isn't a point and it doesn't go on evenly. I found I could see my eyeshadow through the liner in spots. It took on a grey-ish hue and wasn't very precise as they claim. I thought that this was a pen type liner, as I really dislike the lack of control the ones with the pot have, turns out I was wrong.

I'm returning this today after one use.

on 6/3/2010 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My Go-to Liquid eyeliner. great formula and the wand is perfect, not too stiff, not too wobbly. perfect for a precise application!!

Maybelline discontinued my favorite liner so they could push this more expensive Stiletto product line. So I tried this, and hated it. It goes on thin/watery and flakes off terribly before the day is over (neither of which happened with the original LineWorks liquid liners). Shame on you, Maybelline! I will no longer buy any Maybelline products because they discontinued a great liner so they could sell a lower-quality one for more money.

on 5/29/2010 8:30:00 PM

This is HG stuff. The tip of the pen thing, is not a brush, but not a marker. Its just a tip? But its so amazing, the perfect flimsy-ness but not to stiff. Draws an amazing line and is a deep amazing black. Go buy, available, and CHEAP:)

on 5/29/2010 12:27:00 PM

This was my first ever liquid liner purchase, and I am deeply in love with it! It creates thick and thin lines depending on if you use the tip or lay the applicator flat to apply the liquid liner. I purchased Line Stiletto in Blackest Black, and it is a very intense, pigmented black color. It doesn't smear or smudge at all, even when I rubbed my eyes. I have very oily lids, and smudging of eyeliner is always a big problem for me. With this liner, that was not an issue! ☺ The liquid liner has a satin finish and almost looks a bit wet, versus a typical matte finish from pencil, powder and gel liners. I really like this finish, as it makes everything look more dramatic, while the clean, sharp finish keeps everything from looking too dark and smoky for an everyday look.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

it's not pigmented, goes on watery and it flakes. even when i wear paintpot underneath it flakes. will not purchase again.