October 21, 2014 | 1060 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2002 5:42:00 PM More reviews by aimaddict

My heart was beating so fast at the Laura Mercier Counter. I already had the Tinted Moisturizer, and now all i needed was the translucent setting powder. *gulp* $30?? Could the texture and quality merit its price tag?

yes- yes- and more yes's.

If you spend so much time trying to looking your best, you should "invest" on products that help you do it. I recieve compliments now on my complextion?!? They never said anything before until i started using the powder- i must get essential for the make up artist wannabe!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2002 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

After hearing many raves about Laura Mercier's Foundations and Powders, I took the plunge and bought her Transulcent Loose Powder. I love loose powder because it looks more natural and I remember whenever I used any for that matter it lasted me a long time, so I had no problem throwing down $30 for LM's and another $12 for the Velour Puff. This was the best $42 I ever spent! My makeup looks even and flawless - I love it! It looks very natural, not heavily made up. I can tell this powder is going to last me a long time so the $30 is worth it! The finish lasts all day until I'm ready to take my makeup off at night! Fabulous stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2002 2:11:00 AM More reviews by KarenC

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this powder, but to be honest, I have nothing to compare it to. This is the first loose powder I've ever bought and it's lasted a ridiculously long time. I still have at least 75% of the container left and I've had it for two years. But I don't use powder that much. Every once in a while I'll use it to set my face, but I like a more glow-y look and powder tends to make me look too matte. It's a nice powder from what I can tell, it gives me a nice flawless finish, but every once in a while it'll settle into the pores on my nose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2002 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Mayra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder! I use it along with LM Secret Concealer and her Oil Free Foundation and my skin has never looked better! Perfect canvas for whatever kind of makeup you wish to apply. Goes on natural, sheer and won't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2001 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Crusty

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wonderful texture and great color selection for this powder - no peach or pink in this color selection. While it is a bit pricey, it's worth it for ladies who like the texture of a finer, less cakey powder on their face. IMHO, the cashmere talk is hype - this is just a talc powder, albeit a very nice one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2001 3:56:00 PM More reviews by MelissaS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder gives a nice finish to any foundation. I prefer to use it over my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer for a flawless, natural looking face. But the powder works well with all other foundations that I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2001 11:52:00 AM More reviews by DanielleD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder! It goes on clear on me, so it just makes my face look creamier and flawless. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2001 8:39:00 AM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am probably one of the very few who do not like the LM Translucent Powder. While it IS finely milled (I'll give it that much), I didn't find it to be anything more than an average loose powder. In my opinion, there are lots of other powders out there that work just as well and cost a great deal less (like Sonia Kashuk's).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2001 8:55:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

This translucent powder is a wonderful product. I did not believe the raves I heard about how flawless this makes your skin look. I wore it a couple of times and didnt notice much difference. Yes, it is a finely milled powder that blended quickly and easily and helped keep oilies down and set my makeup. But one day I put it on half my face and another brand on the other side, and my skin did look better, my pores seemed smaller and more flawless. It is not a huge difference but enough so that it makes this worth the purchase price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2001 12:05:00 PM More reviews by sonnia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder finishes up your make up beautifully. I use a puff with the powder in the morning and keep on adding more because I love its texture. I also bought a pressed powder to carry it around in my purse. Along with LM's oil-free foundation, this is one of the few products I keep buying again.