July 28, 2014 | 2217 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by mrsforte

I've been using this kit all week in dark and I love it! The wax goes on very smoothly (using elf studio angled brush) and pigmented. I thought the powder would look kind of chalky on my dark eyebrows but surprisingly it doesn't. It sets the wax nicely and it last all day! I will definitely have to pick up a few more. I will never go back to eyebrow pencils!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit contains a colored wax on one side and a brow powder on the other side as well as a small double sided taklon brush that has a rounded side for filling in and an angled side for defining. The kit comes in four (4) different shades. Light, Medium, Dark and Ash. I purchased the shade "MEDIUM". The wax is dark brown and the powder is a chestnut brown. Luckily, it matched my dark brown brows very good (I have medium brown hair - which is why I didn't choose dark). The consistency of the wax is not thick or cakey like other brow waxes I have tried in the past. It has just the right amount of pigment.. It applies very lightly and natural & is not at all harsh or overpowering. The brow powder is also very nice. Again, it is not too pigmented and harsh. The two work great together. You really need to use both the wax and the powder for the best results. The wax by itself fades quickly.. and the powder by itself is too sheer. But when both are used = perfect! I have used the brush and it works fine, but for my personal preference, I like to use a full sized angled brush. It's such a great product for the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I agree with JaydeLife. This product for the price ($1) and is how well it works is phenomenal! I've tried high end ones because the reviews are so overwhelming but this duo for the money has won my vote, hands down. The brush, of course, is worthless. It's too small. It think it made for oompa loompas.

Anyway, it you're still on the market for a good brow duo, this won't hurt the pocket. I purchased my at Target and bought a couple for my mom and mother-in-law. And, they both love it and can't believe it's only a $1.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! The dark brown gel is wonderful and goes on sooooo smoothly. I have tried a lot of eye brow fillers, from powders to pencils, expensive and cheap, and in the past I have found that the expensive brands worked the best for me.
So when I saw this, I figured I'd try it because it is only $3 and if it didn't work, I'd just toss it or give it away (I really wasn't expecting to live it very much). But much to my surprise I have been using it every single day.

But I have full brows, and I just need slight filling in and lengthening, so I don't know how well this would work for girls who need a "full brow job" every single day, lol. And you definitely need to have dark hair to make this work. I couldn't see it working for girls with lighter hair whatsoever.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by chunligirl

I originally bought the Benefit brow box and saw E.L.F had a version for cheaper. The product looks the same, however I feel the gel was kinda chalky once applied. It took a lot of blending before my eyebrows looked nice and filled in and not so harsh.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The eyebrow shadow and the eyebrow gel of this kit are super pigmented and goes on really smooth. I got this in light and the brow gel is a dark brown while the power is light brown. The brow gel match my brows really well but the powder makes my brows look rather powdery/messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by mar559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is amazing! I had tried eyeshadow before to fill in my brows and I always found it to be too harsh. I'm Nars Stromboli, MUFE 123 and the medium one in the eyebrow kit matched me fine. I got this for $3 at my local Target and was hesitant to buy it for fear of having it break me out. But it was only $3 so I went for it - and boy was I happy I did! The gel part does wonders for my eyebrows; it fills them in w/o having them look to harsh or unnatural while taming the crazy hairs down. I don't really use the eyeshadow/powder half on most days, though I will if I need it to stay on all day (though usu. the gel stays in place). Will def repurchase as soon as I'm done!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by pneggy

I want to like this, but I don't. The colours are too reddish to be natural for my black brows. I'd have preferred a more greyish undertoned product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by DiscoPandaGoGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Would you buy again? YES. YES YES YES!

I don't have a lot of products I rave about... but this one certainly takes the cake on awesome brow product. I have used a lot of expensive name brand products before, including Anatasia (I think that's how you spell it.) and I could never justify spending over $20 on brow products so they always ended up returned or swapped away and I would use a free eyeshadow I got from Clinique.

So when I bought this product, I was skeptical, especially with it being so cheap, mostly because I had used more expensive products in the past... and they were not so great, so I didn't have much to go on I just could only imagine how this would end up.

I was very surprised! The brush actually comes in handy when I'm on the go and I need a small touch up on my brows, especially when I'm working a 10 hour + shift at work. I wish the brush was a bit bigger but the product itself makes up for it x100000000! I would have to say, if you are new to buying brow products, or just looking for a cheap alternative to your expensive brow kit, or just want a little travel size brow kit, this is perfect!

I'm in love. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by heyskankable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Eh, I'm so confused about this product. I really want to love it. I use it almost every day hoping and praying that I might fall in love or discover what I'm doing wrong with it, but nothing happens. I've tried everything! I much rather using a regular darker brown shadow for my brows with great lash clear mascara to set. It's just my preference I guess..

UPDATE: I have found out how to use this product in a way that works for me finally! I have always really liked the gel side of this because it's much closer to my hair color (very dark brown). I can never find an eyebrow gel that's in my price range and a good color that doesn't seem ashy or stark black. So, I use the great lash clear mascara and wiggle it in the gel and then apply. It's perfect! It tames and colors. The color doesn't seem so stark either because the mascara dilutes it a bit. I HIGHLY reccommend!